[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » Fires » HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #997743 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 16 February 2009 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mbqh  is currently offline mbqh  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
I HAD AN IDEA AND HOPING THROUGH YOU ALL IT MIGHT GROW AND BE USEFUL TO OUR FIRE AFFECTED FRIENDS AND THEIR ANIMALS.

I NOTICED A FEW PUBLIC AND PRIVATE LANDS LIKE UNIVERSITIES IN COUNTRY AREAS AND DEVELOPER OWNED LAND AWAITING BUILDING WITH ROUND AND SQURE BALES CUT. AS THIS WOULD PURELY BE A MONEY MAKING EXCERCISE FOR THESE BUSINESSES/DEVELOPERS I URGE YOU TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL AND ASK WHO OWNS THE LAND YOU THINK MIGHT FIT IN TO THE ABOVE CATERGORIES AND GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM. PLEAD WITH THEM TO DONATE THE HAY TO THE NEAREST DROP POINT AND HOPEFULLY WE GET A LOT MORE HAY COMING OUR WAY!

LET ME KNOW IF THE ABOVE MADE NO SENSE, I REALLY AM SLEEPY AND ALL OVER THE PLACE TODAY! Smile Embarassed
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #998013 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 16 February 2009 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  scaredy  is currently offline scaredy
I know a few people who are trying to do this now, hopefully they will come to the party Rolls Eyes

index.php?t=getfile&id=347802&private=0 index.php?t=getfile&id=347803&private=0
Adensley Border Collies
Tch Adensley Shadow Loch CD ET AD JDX FM
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #998101 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 16 February 2009 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perfect and please only use listed drop offs and pick ups listed here or through registered charities, councils, dse or cfa as I have had some devastating reports of 'helpers' making off with hay and equipment! What a world we live in!! Surprised Mad
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #1002440 is a reply to message #985440 ] Wed, 18 February 2009 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL WORRIED ABOUT HAY/NEEDS/WHERE IT GOES...

1. ALL DROP OFF POINTS STILL REQUIRE HAY ASIDE FROM WARRAGUL AS AT WEDNESDAY, FEB 18, WILL UPDATE IF THIS CHANGES. WARRAGUL AREA IS NOW PREDOMINATELY GOING THROUGH BAYLES CFA TOO AND LOCAL VOLUNTEERS AND THEIR PROBLEMS ARE STORAGE SO PLEASE DIRECT CALLS TO BAYLES BEFORE WARRAGUL.

2. ALL DROP OFF POINTS WE HAVE LISTED ARE AIMED AT ASSISTING LOCAL SMALL FARMS, HOBBY FARMERS, HORSE PROPERTIES AND PEOPLE WITH ANIMALS IN SMALL NUMBERS AS PETS. IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO FITS THIS CATEGORY AND NEEDS HELP PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHED LIST AND GET THEM IN TOUCH WITH THEIR CLOSEST DROP OFF POINT!

3. FALSE REPORTS HAVE COME THROUGH THAT MANY AREAS IN VICTORIA ARE NO LONGER IN NEED OF HAY BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR SMALL FARM PROPERTIES, HORSE OR OTHERWISE.

4. THIS ISSUE WILL CONTINUE FOR MONTHS, WITH WINTER FAST APPROACHING AND NOT MUCH GRASS TO BE SEEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER PEOPLE WILL BE REQUIRING HAY FOR A VERY LONG TIME SO PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOUR LOCAL AREA AND FIND OUT WHAT THEY NEED IF YOU WANT TO ASSIST.

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO ASK QUESTIONS ETC, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME, ANY OF THE DROP OFF CO ORDINATORS, THE EFA, TREW, PROJECT HOPE, OR YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL.

THANKS AND YOU HAVE ALL BEEN BRILLIANTLY SUPPORTIVE OF OUR FRIENDS, PEERS AND FAMILIES DURING THIS AWFUL TIME!

NICCI Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 18 February 2009 16:25]

Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #1008931 is a reply to message #985440 ] Sun, 22 February 2009 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Shadyoak  is currently offline Shadyoak  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
I am trying to get in contact with the Labertouche 4WD club.
Does anyone know of them or can they give me any contact details.
Needed ASAP regarding donated hay.

index.php?t=getfile&id=311399&private=0
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #1016507 is a reply to message #1008931 ] Fri, 27 February 2009 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  NazzyF  is currently offline NazzyF
Level 1
Hi Guys,

I haven't been on forum for a while and have just come across this topic. Well done to you all.

On Sunday I made a drop to the Coldstream Animal Aid Shelter. I managed to get some generous donations from many people. I dropped off 22 bags of oaten, lucerne and combo chaff and some bags of oats.

There was a big area with lots of feed, so i hope that this finds its way to the people who really need it...

I think we might look at trying to generate more donations through our club and perhaps other clubs should look at the same? Just an idea as they will need plenty of feed in the future and its not just a short term thing.

Very Happy Very Happy
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #1016943 is a reply to message #985440 ] Fri, 27 February 2009 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Absolutely! In some areas the grass is very slow to grow and wont be back until at least October so keeping this on people's minds is so important!

Well done to you!
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #1024737 is a reply to message #1016943 ] Wed, 04 March 2009 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  carluke  
Hi Does anyone know if there is a collection point for Hay for the Hazelwood North people and surrounds?

Have a lovely lady who is trying to source it locally she was informed a couple of weeks ago there was a truck load .... But no Truck Sad She has apparently now been informaed that Project Hope has some feed for her ... But she needs to collect it from Kilmore???? She doesn't have any transport any more?? Thoughts and ideas would be appriciated

www.carlukecollies.com.au
www.carlukearabians.com

Yes, i know that i can't spell ....
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #1025475 is a reply to message #985440 ] Wed, 04 March 2009 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  TREW  
Level 4
I know there is a group who have set up a collection point at the Traralgon PC grounds. That's the closest one to her that I can think of.

T.R.E.W Equine Fire Relief Effort
Triple R Equine Welfare Inc.
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #1025950 is a reply to message #985440 ] Thu, 05 March 2009 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For those affected in Hazelwood, please phone Carlee Knight at Bairnsdale Horse Centre and she will hook you up with the various people in Traralgon and surrounding areas who are storing donations for you.

03 5153 0808

All the best! Smile
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #1319870 is a reply to message #985440 ] Thu, 23 July 2009 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inky  is currently offline inky
Level 5

I am a member of the APSB Western Promotional Group. A few months ago we held a foal show and 1/2 the profits from the show are to be donated to Fire Victims. It was our hope that the money be used towards the purchase of hay for those left without pasture or the funds to keep purchasing hay. It is not a vast sum but if there is a pool for the purchase of hay we will gladly forward a cheque.
Regards
Annette
kahean@optusnet.com.au
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #1565015 is a reply to message #985440 ] Thu, 26 November 2009 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys

Well now it is around that horrible time of year again, we are considering setting up a list of numbers of people to contact for hay donations should the worst happen again.

I will have drop offs in advance and will post these - I imagine many of the people who were involved last time will assist again should the worst happen - and we hope it doesn't!!!

So, if anyone has 'spare' hay that they would be willing to register please either PM me, phone me, 03 9798 1000, email me nicci@hiform.com.au or post a reply here including the following :

* Full Name
* Address
* Two contact numbers
* What you can donate including qty

Last year was brilliantly done by all of you especially in the chaos that it was, and this year we are hoping to have all areas on standby - particularly areas that weren't effected last year and have been identified as a risk. So hopefully it will be a little smoother.

Thanks again for the amazing support last year.

All the best

Nicci Smile
icon7.gif  Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #2574758 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 20 February 2012 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EmilyS25  is currently offline EmilyS25  
Level 5
Cool i think you have a nice heart every one to donate hay etc i think you all should be a really nice kind and generse people

I LOVE GEORGE
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #2843839 is a reply to message #985440 ] Tue, 22 January 2013 22:51 Go to previous message
  cullombomyboy  is currently offline cullombomyboy  
Level 1
Wait, so if I drop off 4 bags of chaff to Whittlesea vet on the weekend, they will organise delivery etc.?
Previous Topic:Fires In Bolinda
Next Topic:.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 18 04:23:51 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03822 seconds

.:: Home ::.