[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » General - Off Topic » Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! () 2 Vote(s)
Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1154598] Sun, 10 May 2009 12:48 Go to next message
  Private Eye  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
Havent heard from u all in a while

Im assuming growing bigger and fatter by the day/week Shocked Laughing

oh the joys

where are we all now???

cheers Very Happy Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 11 January 2010 09:20]

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1154605 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Sun, 10 May 2009 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sonovagun  is currently offline sonovagun  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
Well I had my last scan to find out the sex but the sonographer couldn't tell Sad . Had my one and only OB app. which lasted 5 minutes before getting the all clear for the midwife team. And am actually feeling some real movement, not just bubbles Very Happy .

Jayay Sonovagun
Sherwood Quest Top Class
Horse and Pony clipping
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horse-and-Pony-Clipping/12738 1520682607
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1154610 is a reply to message #1154605 ] Sun, 10 May 2009 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  simo22  
Its my party and I'll hoo haa if I want to
Over it. Embarassed Breech baby giving me heartburn all day and kicking the bejesus out of me all night.... 9 weeks to go Very Happy
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1154618 is a reply to message #1154610 ] Sun, 10 May 2009 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Holted  is currently offline Holted  
simo22 wrote on Sun, 10 May 2009 13:01

Over it. Embarassed Breech baby giving me heartburn all day and kicking the bejesus out of me all night.... 9 weeks to go Very Happy

Ya poor thing Simo, especially after the morning sicknes and diabeties scare.

Are there any natural techniques that you could use to maybe turn baby to enable a natural birth?

[Updated on: Sun, 10 May 2009 13:09]

Werribee & District Riding Club Inc. (WDRC):
http://sites.google.com/site/werribeedrc/
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1154620 is a reply to message #1154605 ] Sun, 10 May 2009 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Private Eye  
sonovagun wrote on Sun, 10 May 2009 12:55

Well I had my last scan to find out the sex but the sonographer couldn't tell Sad . Had my one and only OB app. which lasted 5 minutes before getting the all clear for the midwife team. And am actually feeling some real movement, not just bubbles Very Happy .

mmmmmm Im still in the bubble stage i think altho 'I think" im feeling a tiny kick every soo often, i really dont know, cant say im experienced

Oh S, i feel for u, heartburn still hanging around. Do they expect itt o turn soon. crossing my fingers for u anyway

I had my first antenatal intro class last week, interesting to sat the least but learnt a few odd things

I had an amnio on fri, very interesting procedure and very well done. Those doctors have some skill.

best of luck tho, only a fe more mths/weeks for some. fingers crossed

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1154631 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Sun, 10 May 2009 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  SisqoBacardi  
Step away from the computer,

Good luck ladies.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m103/sisqo_lover/DSC09203-1.jpg
My motivation.
Look 'em in the eye and show no fear.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1154633 is a reply to message #1154618 ] Sun, 10 May 2009 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  simo22  
Holted wrote on Sun, 10 May 2009 13:08

simo22 wrote on Sun, 10 May 2009 13:01

Ya poor thing Simo, especially after the morning sicknes and diabeties scare.

Are there any natural techniques that you could use to maybe turn baby to enable a natural birth?

I'm just not one of those glowing pregnant women Embarassed Laughing Next door neighbour got a big fark off the other day when she told me I was "stacking it on" Rolls Eyes I'm a whole 62kgs...

As for turning it, I reckon I could cough it up at the moment it is sitting up SO high Laughing It will be a caeser, like the first, dodgy heart gives the OB a twitch if you suggest natural Laughing

PE what did you have the amnio for?
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1154641 is a reply to message #1154633 ] Sun, 10 May 2009 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Private Eye  
amnio because im a high risk pregnancy due to the major compications i had in the first trimester

Ob wants to be 161% sure everything is ok, and my progesterone levels are too high (cause of the assitance i had) ive still got ovaries the size of small footyballs Shocked Laughing

they should be no bigger than a ping pong ball now Surprised

cheers Very Happy
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1154725 is a reply to message #1154641 ] Sun, 10 May 2009 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Broodmare1  is currently offline Broodmare1  
You read my mind PE, I was going to put this same topic up, must be some pregnant womens mental telepathy Surprised Laughing

Well I'm still in the early stages, go to dr's tomorrow get a referral for a blood test and scan- first scan should be in about 2 weeks, yay.

Having a pretty horrible time, I'm full of energy but have got the worst all day sickness. I've lost 5kg, I'm the lightest I've been in nearly 2 years Shocked Won't kill me to probably lose another 5kg but hubby is abit concerned.

Had the worst night last night, after having my mandatory nightly spew Dead awoke to the most incredible stomach pains, I started moaning and groaning and got told to shut up til I got up and started to throw up uncontrollably. I seriously thought I was losing the baby- I ended up throwing up blood. I'm sitting on the toilet floor thinking I'm about to die. Fine today though except for a sore throat Sad

Not long now Simo, very exciting!!!

[Updated on: Sun, 10 May 2009 14:44]

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1154775 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Sun, 10 May 2009 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm so lucky not to have had any troubles, I feel sorry for you guys who have been sick. I thought it was mandatory to get morning sickness and bloating and stack on the weight, apparently it's just as normal to lose weight and not get sick. So far I have out on a kilo, I think I am putting weight on my gut and losing it off my but! Laughing

Jayay Sonovagun
Sherwood Quest Top Class
Horse and Pony clipping
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1154851 is a reply to message #1154775 ] Sun, 10 May 2009 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Supastef  
All the best girls Smile
Yay Simo.....nearly there (these last few weeks will drag on for eternity now Razz )

Broodie, hope you don't have that happen too often - have heard some mums have dreadful time Sad

PE hope your amnio results get the all clear Wink

And sonovagun - I am sure there is something in that -duing the pregnancy I thought "where's my bum gone?" Thankfully it turned up not long after birth...with a vengance.... Laughing
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1155929 is a reply to message #1154851 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  simo22  
I'm sure they will drag... thank god at least we are under 10 weeks to go. Smile
Signing off on our new house today, so will be running around like a mad thing between now and Queens birthday weekend, tiding, moving cleaning etc...so hopefully that will make time go a bit quicker. Very Happy
Spent all weekend there shovelling dirt around...far out! Rolls Eyes
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1156033 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  melkira  
Completely Insane

12 weeks to go.. yay!

not enjoying the movement alot.. its weird..

My OH felt it last night and he was going wow.. thats alot.. but he was really kicking up a storm.. Smile

I have only put on 7kgs.. and everyone says im tiny.. but my doc says im on track!! so cant be all bad..

I feel sorry for you broodie! all that sickness.. not good..

simo.. hope he turns in time.. my sister had to have a c section cause she was breach.. she didn't enjoy it at all!

Anyway.. lets get fat girls!!

[Updated on: Mon, 11 May 2009 09:46]

R.I.P Teddie 22nd March 2009

Forever in my heart

and eventually on my back!!

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1156215 is a reply to message #1156033 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
melkira wrote on Mon, 11 May 2009 09:45

12 weeks to go.. yay!

not enjoying the movement alot.. its weird..

My OH felt it last night and he was going wow.. thats alot.. but he was really kicking up a storm.. Smile

I have only put on 7kgs.. and everyone says im tiny.. but my doc says im on track!! so cant be all bad..

I feel sorry for you broodie! all that sickness.. not good..

simo.. hope he turns in time.. my sister had to have a c section cause she was breach.. she didn't enjoy it at all!

Anyway.. lets get fat girls!!

When I was pregnant with Hannah I'd lay on the couch and put the remote on my belly and she'd kick it around, it was so cute Smile
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1156362 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  RealityBites is currently online RealityBites  
I have 11 weeks to go, and am over it already! May have gestational diabetes, find out at next drs visit on the 21st. Have heartburn and reflux all the time, and the little blighter kicks ALOT! We already know the sex, but will get them to confirm at the 32 weeks scan. My best friend is pregnant too and about the same way along as I am, so we are racing to see who goes first and which of us goes naturally!

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii7/wyvernstorm/RB-Banner.jpg
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1156377 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  treenie86  is currently offline treenie86  
Level 1
good luck with it all ladies!!! Very Happy

(hopefully my turn next year)

Coronation Stryder
RIP Grey Duchess
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1156391 is a reply to message #1156362 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mistymooz  
Ohh i didnt see this thread!

I have an ultrasound on thursday, and its gonna be my last one before bubs is born..

I have 12 weeks to go! I get reflux ALOT does anyone know what thats caused by? I keep meaning to ask the midwives/doc but forget everytime Rolls Eyes

Have had my GD blood test and came back negative..

Packed my hospital bag last night (well some of it, mostly baby things) and really had no idea what to put in there.. (couldnt find any sort of list or anything Confused )

Good luck to everyone and be sure to post pic's of your lil bubs when they are born Smile

It takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them and a lifetime to forget them...
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1156422 is a reply to message #1156391 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mistymooz wrote on Mon, 11 May 2009 12:19

Ohh i didnt see this thread!

I have an ultrasound on thursday, and its gonna be my last one before bubs is born..

I have 12 weeks to go! I get reflux ALOT does anyone know what thats caused by? I keep meaning to ask the midwives/doc but forget everytime Rolls Eyes

Have had my GD blood test and came back negative..

Packed my hospital bag last night (well some of it, mostly baby things) and really had no idea what to put in there.. (couldnt find any sort of list or anything Confused )

Good luck to everyone and be sure to post pic's of your lil bubs when they are born Smile

Maternity pads(lovely things they are) Rolls Eyes
Nursing pads- they will become your best friend when your milk comes through Smile
Nursing bras

I've already been sent out a maternity info brochure, but being the 2nd baby I already know what to bring Smile

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1156472 is a reply to message #1156391 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to hear your test was clear Mistymooz!

As for the hospital bag, this is from the Essential Baby forum;

Paperwork:

- Ante Natal Card
- Hospital Information
- Several copies of your birth plan (if applicable)
- Private Health Insurance details (if applicable)
- Cheque for Excess (if applicable)
- Medicare Card/Details
- GP's details

For Mum during the birth:

- Lip Balm - lips can become dry and chafed during labour from heavy breathing. This may offer some relief.
- Massage/Aromatherpay oils for during labour.
- Soothing Music of your choice for during labour, and CD player if hospital does not supply.
- Something comfortable to wear – I.e. a loose T-Shirt or nightie (something you don’t mind throwing out in case it gets ruined).
- Something to put on afterward
- Extra Pillows
- Beanbag if preferred (check with your birthing hospital)
- Lollies or lollipops to suck on.
- Watch with a 2nd hand or a stop watch to time contractions
- Hand Mirror if you want to watch the head crowning and baby being born (or speak to your birthing hospital about mirror availability).
- Something to wear in the bath if you’re shy
- Heat packs, massage tools etc. to help with pain relief or other items such as a TENS machine if you’ve hired one.
- Cool pack. Can be nice on the forehead and better than wet paper towels.

For Mum after the birth:

- 2 - 3 Nightie/Pyjamas
- Slippers/Socks
- Bathrobe
- 2 - 3 Nursing Bras & Tops
- 2 Boxes Breast Pads
- 8 x Underwear - It pays to have some old ones in the bag that can be thrown away in case of staining in the days after birth.
- Maternity Pads - At least 2 packets - your partner can always bring more if needed. (Some also prefer incontinence Pants - Not good post Caeser though)
- Toiletries - such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, hairbrush, hair bands, make up, deodorant, Liquid Soap, Moisteriser, Lanisoh.(Nipple Cream), Hairdryer (wonderful for drying yourself completely and gently.
- Eye Glasses/Contact Lenses - if worn.
- Face Washers
- Towel
- Day clothes - bear in mind that you will be sore so loose fitting clothes are the suggestion.
- A roll or 2 of your own SOFT toilet paper - You are bound to be tender and don't want to be using something hard and scratchy! Or Some prefer Flushable Wipes.
- Water bottle with a pop top squeezy lid to clean your bits in the shower
- Breast Pump - in case there is a need to express. The hospital should have these, but some women prefer certain brands and may prefer to use their own.
- Plastic bags for dirty clothes.
- Tissues.
- Metamucil & Ural.
- Multivitamins and any other medications you may need.

For Dad:

- Snacks for during and after labour - It can be a long time between meals for Dad so pack some snacks that he can nibble on whilst you are in labour.
- Panadol - some Dad's suffer from stress and tension headaches when watching their partners in pain and often hospitals won't give medication to fathers so it can be handy to have some in your bag.
- Money for pay phone - or a charged mobile phone to make birth announcement calls.
- Swimmers in case he wants to join you in the shower or bath
- Change of clothes in case you're there a while and he wants to get cleaned up

Extra's:

- Address Book
- Video Camera, extra tapes and charger
- Normal camera with extra batteries or charger
- Snacks for when you are back on the ward.
- MP3 player or equivalent
- Journal/Notepad - to keep notes of the things you may forget in the haste of everything.
- Magazines and books - for reading when baby is sleeping (if you are not!)
- Wallet - if wanting to purchase from snack trollies, canteens, or Pay for the use of TV or telephone. Be careful about leaving money in your room when unattended, or simply make sure hubby has money with him each time he comes!
- Pen for filling out paperwork, and Thankyous if you feel up to it.
- Mobile phone and charger (if allowed)
- Your own Pillow/Doona.
- Box of Chocolates and thankyou Pressies for Midwifes.
- Sports drink for during the birth

For Baby:

- 4 stretchsuits
- 4 singlets
- 4 pairs socks/booties
- 4 cardigans (depending on season)
- 1 cellular blanket (for going home)
- Scratch mittens
- Nappies & Wipes (some hospitals provide them, discuss this with your hospital before you give birth.)
- Cotton Wool
- Going Home Outfit
- Bunny Rugs
- Toiletries - Baby Bath stuff. Baby Shampoo. Baby brush and comb. Massage Oil.
- If bottle feeding, check if you need to supply your own bottles and formula.
- Nail scissors for baby
- Warm hat

Car:
- A correctly fitted Australian Standards Approved Car Restraint

Jayay Sonovagun
Sherwood Quest Top Class
Horse and Pony clipping
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1156479 is a reply to message #1156472 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mistymooz  
OOOO thanks Hayley!

Also thanks for keeping me sane at the maternal centre the other day... I think I would have gone mad if I didnt have anyone to talk to Very Happy

It takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them and a lifetime to forget them...
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1156508 is a reply to message #1156479 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mistymooz wrote on Mon, 11 May 2009 13:05

OOOO thanks Hayley!

Also thanks for keeping me sane at the maternal centre the other day... I think I would have gone mad if I didnt have anyone to talk to Very Happy

That was the longest wait of my life, especially knowing I had to feed up before going to work Rolls Eyes . Would you believe I left just ten minutes after you! I actually made it to my poor ponies so they got dinner and mum fed the other lot in the dark Embarassed

Jayay Sonovagun
Sherwood Quest Top Class
Horse and Pony clipping
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1156517 is a reply to message #1156508 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mistymooz  
sonovagun wrote on Mon, 11 May 2009 13:19

mistymooz wrote on Mon, 11 May 2009 13:05

OOOO thanks Hayley!

That was the longest wait of my life, especially knowing I had to feed up before going to work Rolls Eyes . Would you believe I left just ten minutes after you! I actually made it to my poor ponies so they got dinner and mum fed the other lot in the dark Embarassed

The wait was pathetic wasnt it!

Thank god my appointments from now on are after 6!

Glad you made it down to them Very Happy

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1156851 is a reply to message #1156472 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  simo22  
sonovagun wrote on Mon, 11 May 2009 13:04

Good to hear your test was clear Mistymooz!

As for the hospital bag, this is from the Essential Baby forum;

Paperwork:

- Ante Natal Card
- Hospital Information
- Several copies of your birth plan (if applicable)
- Private Health Insurance details (if applicable)
- Cheque for Excess (if applicable)
- Medicare Card/Details
- GP's details

For Mum during the birth:

- Lip Balm - lips can become dry and chafed during labour from heavy breathing. This may offer some relief.
- Massage/Aromatherpay oils for during labour.
- Soothing Music of your choice for during labour, and CD player if hospital does not supply.
- Something comfortable to wear – I.e. a loose T-Shirt or nightie (something you don’t mind throwing out in case it gets ruined).
- Something to put on afterward
- Extra Pillows
- Beanbag if preferred (check with your birthing hospital)
- Lollies or lollipops to suck on.
- Watch with a 2nd hand or a stop watch to time contractions
- Hand Mirror if you want to watch the head crowning and baby being born (or speak to your birthing hospital about mirror availability).
- Something to wear in the bath if you’re shy
- Heat packs, massage tools etc. to help with pain relief or other items such as a TENS machine if you’ve hired one.
- Cool pack. Can be nice on the forehead and better than wet paper towels.

For Mum after the birth:

- 2 - 3 Nightie/Pyjamas
- Slippers/Socks
- Bathrobe
- 2 - 3 Nursing Bras & Tops
- 2 Boxes Breast Pads
- 8 x Underwear - It pays to have some old ones in the bag that can be thrown away in case of staining in the days after birth.
- Maternity Pads - At least 2 packets - your partner can always bring more if needed. (Some also prefer incontinence Pants - Not good post Caeser though)
- Toiletries - such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, hairbrush, hair bands, make up, deodorant, Liquid Soap, Moisteriser, Lanisoh.(Nipple Cream), Hairdryer (wonderful for drying yourself completely and gently.
- Eye Glasses/Contact Lenses - if worn.
- Face Washers
- Towel
- Day clothes - bear in mind that you will be sore so loose fitting clothes are the suggestion.
- A roll or 2 of your own SOFT toilet paper - You are bound to be tender and don't want to be using something hard and scratchy! Or Some prefer Flushable Wipes.
- Water bottle with a pop top squeezy lid to clean your bits in the shower
- Breast Pump - in case there is a need to express. The hospital should have these, but some women prefer certain brands and may prefer to use their own.
- Plastic bags for dirty clothes.
- Tissues.
- Metamucil & Ural.
- Multivitamins and any other medications you may need.

For Dad:

- Snacks for during and after labour - It can be a long time between meals for Dad so pack some snacks that he can nibble on whilst you are in labour.
- Panadol - some Dad's suffer from stress and tension headaches when watching their partners in pain and often hospitals won't give medication to fathers so it can be handy to have some in your bag.
- Money for pay phone - or a charged mobile phone to make birth announcement calls.
- Swimmers in case he wants to join you in the shower or bath
- Change of clothes in case you're there a while and he wants to get cleaned up

Extra's:

- Address Book
- Video Camera, extra tapes and charger
- Normal camera with extra batteries or charger
- Snacks for when you are back on the ward.
- MP3 player or equivalent
- Journal/Notepad - to keep notes of the things you may forget in the haste of everything.
- Magazines and books - for reading when baby is sleeping (if you are not!)
- Wallet - if wanting to purchase from snack trollies, canteens, or Pay for the use of TV or telephone. Be careful about leaving money in your room when unattended, or simply make sure hubby has money with him each time he comes!
- Pen for filling out paperwork, and Thankyous if you feel up to it.
- Mobile phone and charger (if allowed)
- Your own Pillow/Doona.
- Box of Chocolates and thankyou Pressies for Midwifes.
- Sports drink for during the birth

For Baby:

- 4 stretchsuits
- 4 singlets
- 4 pairs socks/booties
- 4 cardigans (depending on season)
- 1 cellular blanket (for going home)
- Scratch mittens
- Nappies & Wipes (some hospitals provide them, discuss this with your hospital before you give birth.)
- Cotton Wool
- Going Home Outfit
- Bunny Rugs
- Toiletries - Baby Bath stuff. Baby Shampoo. Baby brush and comb. Massage Oil.
- If bottle feeding, check if you need to supply your own bottles and formula.
- Nail scissors for baby
- Warm hat

Car:
- A correctly fitted Australian Standards Approved Car Restraint

My hospital list says 6 growsuits, and to be honest I should have had 10 with me, cause a certain baby boy watered his everytime his nappy was changed...So make sure you allow for this. Rolls Eyes
You also need wraps, most hospitals don't supply them, and bibs. Smile

But then I would 'prune' alot off that list too Smile
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1156861 is a reply to message #1156851 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mistymooz  
I packed 5 suits 2 wraps and a knitted blanket thingy also packed 5 singlets..and i think i put 3 bibs in there

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1156902 is a reply to message #1156861 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  simo22  
Well done Very Happy I haven't even sorted through what clothes I have Embarassed Hoping to do it sometime in the next few weeks, and then pack baby's stuff at least...can you tell it's not the first? I think I had Riley's hospital bag packed from 20 weeks Laughing
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1158600 is a reply to message #1156902 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well its official I'm a bluddy pin cushion again Rolls Eyes

Just had 4 vialls(sp) of blood taken out of me, have to book in for a scan in 2 weeks time Smile

Have to have another caesar too cos of my dodgy pelvis, found out today that I'll be delivering around the 38 week mark. So this bubs will most likely be a November baby, suppose thats better than two December babies Smile
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1158607 is a reply to message #1158600 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mistymooz  
Broodmare1 wrote on Tue, 12 May 2009 12:03

Well its official I'm a bluddy pin cushion again Rolls Eyes

Just had 4 vialls(sp) of blood taken out of me, have to book in for a scan in 2 weeks time Smile

Have to have another caesar too cos of my dodgy pelvis, found out today that I'll be delivering around the 38 week mark. So this bubs will most likely be a November baby, suppose thats better than two December babies Smile

eek I hate having blood tests.. I faint, so have to lye down..

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1158629 is a reply to message #1158607 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  megany  
Good afternoon MM, Hayley and BM1 Smile . Hope all goes well for you. On a lighter note, friend of mine is due in 3 weeks Cool , she is so over the whole pregnancy thing, wants it out now!! Came to our place on the weekend, my OH had the Rally car out hooning around down the back when she chirps up saying she wants a go in the car Shocked , it didn't work Twisted Evil , she still has 3 weeks to go Laughing .
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1158700 is a reply to message #1158629 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mistymooz  
megany wrote on Tue, 12 May 2009 12:20

Good afternoon MM, Hayley and BM1 Smile . Hope all goes well for you. On a lighter note, friend of mine is due in 3 weeks Cool , she is so over the whole pregnancy thing, wants it out now!! Came to our place on the weekend, my OH had the Rally car out hooning around down the back when she chirps up saying she wants a go in the car Shocked , it didn't work Twisted Evil , she still has 3 weeks to go Laughing .

Laughing Laughing Feels like ive been pregnant for an eternity!!!

lol

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1158733 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Private Eye  
Im only 4 mths and I feel horrible

My back is starting to hurt, I feel all achy in the pelvic region and well its just a hindering process Confused Confused

Ive got a 2 week wait for my results and thats just ridiculou sif U ask me

why cant things grow quicker Confused Shocked Shocked

thats a good list, might have to cope that one

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1158748 is a reply to message #1158733 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  puny  is currently offline puny  
Level 1 - Advanced
If no one mentioned it, plenty of best brand dispoable nappies. The hospital makes you use those useless rags and you are up twenty times a night to a wet baby! Hated that. I saved my sanity, not the environment. Unless these days they have seen the light. And a razor for shaving armpits, and deodorant. Sitting around in bed in the hospital air makes ya smelly no matter how much you shower.
A sense of humour for when you spend several days crying and delirious from lack of sleep and burning nipples
And five billion extra large maternity pads and cheap underwear.
Aren't I helpful?
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1158802 is a reply to message #1158748 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  simo22  
My hospital supplies Huggies nappies, thank god! Smile
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1158941 is a reply to message #1158802 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mistymooz  
So should i use disposable nappies? or the cloth supplied hospital ones?

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1159002 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Private Eye  
ive been told to if possible bring ur own nappies, formula (if u cant breastfeed) and any other items u think yu will need

And again maternity pads like no tomorrow

glad ive started stocked up on those items

Whie where at it, what are the best brands for the maternity pads and bnrsing pads??
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1159136 is a reply to message #1159002 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Private Eye wrote on Tue, 12 May 2009 16:07]ive been told to if possible bring ur own nappies, formula (if u cant breastfeed) and any other items u think yu will need

And again maternity pads like no tomorrow

glad ive started stocked up on those items

Whie where at it, what are the best brands for the maternity pads and bnrsing pads??[/quote]

I used the kotex maternity pads and the nursing pads were pigeon I think and when I ran out of them a chemist brand.

With Hannah I took my own nappies and would put them on(Huggies) and then a midwife would 'help out' and put a cloth nappy on her Rolls Eyes

The mid wives are still on about breast feeding. I had an appointment with one today and she questioned me when I said breastfeeding didn't work with Hannah and I ended up expressing then going onto formula. 'You just need to persevere' she says, I fair dinkum nearly slapped her and retorted that after 20 hours labour, 2 epidurals, an emergency caesar and a million and one needles in my arm having my baby shoved onto my bleeding nipple didn't make me want to persevere Mad Stoopid biatch Mad I know breastfeeding is so good for the baby and the mother and its a natural thing and all but seriously its probably the hardest thing to do, if you can do it great, if it doesn't happen oh well.

You know what the worst thing is about being pregnant, apart from heartburn, swollen ankles, sore back, reflux etc etc is the fact you can't take anything when you have a cold grr. I'm giving hubby hell at the moment coughing and sniffing and generally whinging Laughing
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1159234 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Private Eye  
Bm1

what forumla did u use

I havent ventured down this path before and everytime I go past the baby isle I look at them and have to walk away cause it just goes straight over my head

(all baby stuff does this) Laughing Laughing Laughing I often referring to birthing as foaling down and everyone laughs....... wells its sorta the same isnt it Rolls Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Due to my condition there is a very high chance I cant brestfeed, but I wont rule it out, I might get those massive bossoms somewhere along the line, just nothing seems to be happening even now and Im always commented on it Rolls Eyes

So had better get prepared somehow Laughing

cheers Very Happy Very Happy Twisted Evil

Laughing
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1159343 is a reply to message #1159234 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  simo22  
With Riley I started him on S26, but by the time he was 6 weeks he was on Karicare Soy.

This baby will prob start off on Karicare, Stick with either of those two brands, others such as NAN etc create smells at one end or the other if you get what I mean Rolls Eyes
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1159463 is a reply to message #1159343 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used Karicare, the normal one not the "gold" formula. There were 3 friends of ours who had babies around the same time as me, none of us breastfed, they were all using the "gold" and all their babies suffered from reflux- Hannah put on plenty of weight just on the plain formula and she was a touch vomity but nothing severe. S26 would be the only other one I would use Smile

Karicare seemed to be the cheapest too, I used to buy it from Big W for up to $3/tin cheaper than supermarkets and Safeway always have specials on them, as do Toys R Us. Once Hannah was 6 months old she went onto the 2nd formula in their range and once she turned 1 she went onto cows milk Smile
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1159848 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Blacky  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
My baby is 16 months old and still breastfeeding and she now says the word "titty" and pulls my top down when she's hungry. I know, disgusting!
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #1160049 is a reply to message #1159848 ] Tue, 12 May 2009 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
  Holted  is currently offline Holted  
Blacky wrote on Tue, 12 May 2009 21:30

My baby is 16 months old and still breastfeeding and she now says the word "titty" and pulls my top down when she's hungry. I know, disgusting!

Ummm yep, time for 'weaning' if that's the right word Laughing

Is bubs started on cows milk yet? If not, you needa be doing something about that!

I don't have any kids yet but I reckon once those little toothy pegs start coming through around 6 months or so the cows milk and semi solids can start coming through a bit too Rolls Eyes

Werribee & District Riding Club Inc. (WDRC):
http://sites.google.com/site/werribeedrc/
Previous Topic:Dog minding in the YV
Next Topic:GISHWHES
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Oct 21 21:16:14 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.37376 seconds

.:: Home ::.