[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » Fires » Day of rememberance
Day of rememberance [message #1692283] Sun, 07 February 2010 20:49 Go to next message
  gizmo  is currently offline gizmo  
Step away from the computer,
RIP to all the victims of Black Saturday Bushfires.

I can't...I have horseriding
Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692332 is a reply to message #1692283 ] Sun, 07 February 2010 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  carriage diva  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
I drove past the local CFA/SES today and they are flying their flags as half mast, for all those that died on this terrible day last year.

May they rest in peace and may their friends, families and loved ones find the strength to face another day.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb389/DeeJayPonies/My%20Carriage%20Ponies/bratsrunning_zps9a4d3d7a.jpg
Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692387 is a reply to message #1692332 ] Sun, 07 February 2010 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  patsy  is currently offline patsy  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
carriage diva wrote on Sun, 07 February 2010 21:06

I drove past the local CFA/SES today and they are flying their flags as half mast, for all those that died on this terrible day last year.

May they rest in peace and may their friends, families and loved ones find the strength to face another day.

Ditto

Sometimes I get my ambitions & my abilities confused
Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692421 is a reply to message #1692387 ] Sun, 07 February 2010 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Cold Creek  
Yep , I dropped my son off early this morning for Junior CFA practice and our little fire shed had the flag at half mast Sad

Me and mine are thinking of you all who have lost.
Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692551 is a reply to message #1692283 ] Sun, 07 February 2010 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  wombat07  
I loathe seeing people trying to thrive on personal attention on a day like today.

Can't we post in existing tribute threads?

[Updated on: Sun, 07 February 2010 23:08]

Politeness, n. The most acceptable hypocrisy
Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692583 is a reply to message #1692283 ] Sun, 07 February 2010 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  jimbeam  is currently offline jimbeam  
Level 4
what does it matter where they post?
Decent people are just trying to pay there respects, I realise you have been devastated by the fires but you cant dictate how or where other people want to pay there respects.
This country pulled together and rallied as one this time last year and I for one am pretty proud of that, and for people to take time to acknowledge and remember those affected a year on just reassures me that we do live in a great country.
I took part in a memorial service today that brought a grown man with a beard on his harley to tears. Sad
Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692607 is a reply to message #1692583 ] Sun, 07 February 2010 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Bellasmum  
You know what you are doing.
jimbeam wrote on Sun, 07 February 2010 23:32

what does it matter where they post?Decent people are just trying to pay there respects, I realise you have been devastated by the fires but you cant dictate how or where other people want to pay there respects.
This country pulled together and rallied as one this time last year and I for one am pretty proud of that, and for people to take time to acknowledge and remember those affected a year on just reassures me that we do live in a great country.
I took part in a memorial service today that brought a grown man with a beard on his harley to tears. Sad

It matters very much to some Confused Its a hard enough day today for many without facing this head on every time they open the forum ...... by all means pay your respects and put down your thoughts but put it where people can go to read when they feel ready ....... in the section dedicated to it

Meryl - (but you can call me Marion)
Authorised member of the “ph Club”
Certificate MAC3475

Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692608 is a reply to message #1692583 ] Sun, 07 February 2010 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  wombat07  
jimbeam wrote on Sun, 07 February 2010 23:32

what does it matter where they post?
Decent people are just trying to pay there respects, I realise you have been devastated by the fires but you cant dictate how or where other people want to pay there respects.

Quite aware of the support from Australia and bloody grateful for it. However, do we really have to have multiple posts, when there are previous ones to continue on from already exist? Comes across as overkill and 'look at me I can pay my tributes better than someone else by starting a whole new topic'

If there was one thing I did notice today, the area was very quiet and people were very respectful. But most of us who lived through it prefered not to talk about it at BBQs and places of support but rather about the rebuild.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 February 2010 00:10]

Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692612 is a reply to message #1692608 ] Mon, 08 February 2010 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 4
Is that what you think they are doing? Trying to get attention by starting there own post? I dont think you give people enough credit mate, its not like there is hundreds of them, and you can read them when you ready no matter where they are. you are the only one that has a problem with it here that I can see, and I am not trivialising your pain for one minute mate but gee we are talkin about a few posts here not a farkin overkill.
Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692616 is a reply to message #1692283 ] Mon, 08 February 2010 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  gizmo  is currently offline gizmo  
sheesh, if it's that disrespectful, then feel free to move or delete it. It certainly wasn't meant in that manner.

I can't...I have horseriding
Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692619 is a reply to message #1692616 ] Mon, 08 February 2010 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Bellasmum  
You know what you are doing.
gizmo wrote on Mon, 08 February 2010 00:27

sheesh, if it's that disrespectful, then feel free to move or delete it. It certainly wasn't meant in that manner.

ummmmm it has been moved Smile To the fires section Smile

And gizmo, I don't think anyone said its disrespectful, but what wombat and others who lived through that day have said leading up to this day is that they don't want to relive it, they want privacy and respect and space and the chance to celebrate the rebuilding of their lives - the topics already running for this subject contain peoples thoughts and reflections so maybe a new topic wasn't needed, that's all. Smile

Meryl - (but you can call me Marion)
Authorised member of the “ph Club”
Certificate MAC3475

Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692620 is a reply to message #1692612 ] Mon, 08 February 2010 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  wombat07  
jimbeam wrote on Mon, 08 February 2010 00:10

Is that what you think they are doing? Trying to get attention by starting there own post? I dont think you give people enough credit mate, its not like there is hundreds of them, and you can read them when you ready no matter where they are. you are the only one that has a problem with it here that I can see, and I am not trivialising your pain for one minute mate but gee we are talkin about a few posts here not a farkin overkill.

I can't speak for the others but yes I have an issue with it.

When you have seen as much attention grabbing to be the best support in this tragedy as I have had with various welfare agencies, Govt agencies and even been let down by so called friends, you do tend to be cynical and totally untrustworthy of people motives.

Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692623 is a reply to message #1692620 ] Mon, 08 February 2010 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  wombat07  
wombat07 wrote on Mon, 08 February 2010 00:32

jimbeam wrote on Mon, 08 February 2010 00:10

I can't speak for the others but yes I have an issue with it.

When you have seen as much attention grabbing to be the best support in this tragedy as I have had with various welfare agencies, Govt agencies and even been let down by so called friends, you do tend to be cynical and totally untrustworthy of people motives.

But the paradox is that at the same time your damn grateful for the thoughts, help and support. So yes JB, I''m a very frustrated fire survivor.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 February 2010 00:38]

Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692627 is a reply to message #1692623 ] Mon, 08 February 2010 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 4
Mate you have to deal with it however you can and I respect that, I think people on here are far from gov agencies and the like, these people are just ordinary aussies who wanna say "hey mate how u doin" Im thinkin of ya etc.., do you know what I mean?, Mate I wish you all the healing you need to get through, just dont let it make you bitter.
I dont pray and I dont have a religous bone in me body mate but I do hope if theres a man in white upstairs, that he's keepin an eye on ya's
Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692674 is a reply to message #1692627 ] Mon, 08 February 2010 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  born2ride_02  is currently offline born2ride_02  

RIP to all those that tragically lost their lives in the Black Saturday Fires. At Pony Club we had a minute silence for them, and Jaime. It was extrememly sad.

Then after pony club i headed to kinglake to go 2 their memorial service, and then Whittlesea with a friend.

It was great to see so many people supporting everyone, and all of the CFA and SES volunteers there as well in uniform.

Loved always, never forgotten.
xx

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n103/Pony-SJ-0900/warnockoliver.gif

Roll up your sleeve and donate blood. One donation saves 3 lives. I've saved 30 lives!
Re: Day of rememberance [message #1692914 is a reply to message #1692283 ] Mon, 08 February 2010 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Tillysmum  
Level 1
We were quite badly effected by the fires, though we were lucky that we didn't lose any humans Sad It was a horrible, horrible time and yesterday wasn't a day that I or my family, really wanted to dwell on it. We didn't watch any documentaries, the television was off for the day.

We have been asked many times how we fared in the fires, people all wanting to know, find out some juicey gossip that they can all go back and tell their friends.....oh I met someone from the bushfires today..poor things...

It may sound horrible, but that's how I feel.

A year on, there are still people from Kinglake, driving around with 'Kinglake Ranges' stickers in their windscreens. These are in pristine condition too!! My sticker came out the day they opened up all access and was no longer needed - along with the bracelet I was having to wear.

Some people still, to this day, are thriving on the attention.

It is very thoughtful, there are still people on here that remember the victims and want to pay their respects. If you aren't happy about that, then really you shouldn't be reading the post!

Thank you to everyone for you thoughts.
Re: Day of rememberance [message #1693292 is a reply to message #1692914 ] Mon, 08 February 2010 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  megsie86  is currently offline megsie86  
Its my party and I'll hoo haa if I want to
ohh wombles Sad Crying or Very Sad u poor thing mate keep ya chin up girl i am here for ya for a big budda baby belly hug Very Happy if u need it.
I am so sorry u were hurting like this yesterday and yes folks she and many others were and i can totally understand her frustration i have had many a time wanted to go off and have reframed. We completly respect the help given but now please just post in this fire thread and not in off topic for people like me and wombat who suffered through black sat we go to off topic to forget about the fires and have a damn good laugh and try to move forwards with our lifes thats all she was trying to say but yesterday was an extremly hard day for a lot of people. We respect that people paid their respects for the ones who were lost and i thankyou for that as well.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SM-Notley-Excavations/5117127 55547535

www.korunnavalleystation.webs.com

'Allegra' born 23/12/10 beautiful chestnut filly Smile
Re: Day of rememberance [message #2011522 is a reply to message #1693292 ] Fri, 17 September 2010 22:45 Go to previous message
inglereb  is currently offline inglereb
Level 5
I have just read the above & I totally understand what you are saying. My Uncle servived the fires. All he wants now is to live a normal life, and move on without all the the fuss. Its great so many people helped on the day and after. But Kinglake and other towns just wont to move on with their lives.
God Bless them all xxxxxxxxxxx
Previous Topic:Summer 2010-2011
Next Topic:Fire Evacuation list
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 31 05:13:36 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01840 seconds
.:: Home ::.