[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » General - On Topic » Barry Carmody Horse Transport
Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044745] Mon, 16 March 2009 22:19 Go to next message
  Call_Me_Crock  
Completely Insane
my baby boy is supposed to be comming home today and should have been here no later than 4pm today i was told by the trainer.

but still no Riley? ive tried calling the number i was given from the trainer but still no answer or return call after i have left messages and even sent an sms. I understand they have plenty of stop off's on the way but i would like to go to bed as i do have to work tomorrow and i can't just go to bed as i may not hear the truck pull up Twisted Evil

Is there a main phone number i can call them on to see where this driver is? I just want to know a time and i will wake up and come out or at least know that he is safe and in a yard or something for the night. Evil or Very Mad

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/32/mybanner4a7d5758aa18f.jpg

Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044750 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Mon, 16 March 2009 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Finn  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
That is very poor form and i would not be happy either.. Keep calling the number you have until they pick up, then ask for the drivers number and say you want to know where your bluddy horse is.
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044757 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Mon, 16 March 2009 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Call_Me_Crock  
Completely Insane
it keeps going straight through to message bank so it doesn't even call. the message bank says that they are either out of range or out of the truck but its been ages that i have been trying to call so they should have reception or at least have there phone on them Evil or Very Mad

Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044762 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Mon, 16 March 2009 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Kassie79  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
Barry Carmody Horse Transport Service64 Austin St, Winchelsea, VIC 3241

p: (03) 5267 2670

I have used Carmodies and found them to be pretty good- give that number a call Smile

Yup I do delete my posts occassionally..I have a huge fear of internet id fraud..yup Im serious
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044768 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Mon, 16 March 2009 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Call_Me_Crock  
Completely Insane
that number is engaged Crying or Very Sad

I will just keep trying for another 20 mins or so and then go to bed and he can toot the friggen horn and wake me up if he gets here at night Laughing

Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044776 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Mon, 16 March 2009 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Sway  is currently offline Sway  
Completely Insane
Wouldn't be the first time they have lost horses. I know of 2 horses that were lost for 2 weeks somewhere in NSW when they were coming from QLD to VIC. No one knew where they were, including the company!

Cheers
Sway
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044778 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Mon, 16 March 2009 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Bellazeus  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad i had a similar experience..
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044782 is a reply to message #1044762 ] Mon, 16 March 2009 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  peggy28
Level 1
that is awful, I am sure that your horse is ok and in a yard for the night but bluudyu poor form for them to not let you know when you were expecting him no later than 4!
Have you tried that other number? Do not let this go, get your horse home safely and rip it into them, if no legitamite reason I would be thinking to not pay the bluddy trasport costs.
I would be beside myself and am on your behalf.
Pathetic.
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044790 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Mon, 16 March 2009 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Call_Me_Crock  
Completely Insane
i have tried the other number and it is engaged, can not get through for the life of me. im certain they probably have it off the hook so they dont get any calls this time of night Evil or Very Mad

anyone else want to try the number? im going crazy here!!!!

Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044799 is a reply to message #1044790 ] Mon, 16 March 2009 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Finn  
Yup engaged... I would be blasting them well and truly..
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044813 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Mon, 16 March 2009 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Kassie79  
Geez- I must have been lucky Shocked They turned up when they said they would and the guy was lovely. I even had to remind him to take my payment as he never asked for it!

Yup I do delete my posts occassionally..I have a huge fear of internet id fraud..yup Im serious
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044817 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Mon, 16 March 2009 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Zivvy  
Do you have access to a fax machine? Maybe you can send them one saying something along the lines of....

"WHERE'S MY FUGGEN HORSE?!?!?!"

That is appalling! Even a courtesy call to say the driver is running extremely late would have counted for something!

I hope you let them have it.

Oh, the fax number is 03 5267 2178 but now that I think about it, they prolly have the phone off the hook so nobody is there to see that even.

People who think they know everything are annoying to those of us who do.

Erin: "I have two left feet."

Megsie: "Seriously, how do you buy shoes?".

Erin: Speechless.
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044820 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Mon, 16 March 2009 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Piffy  
Out of my way, I am in the midst of a hoo haa monologue
hmmmmmmmmm neva had a prob.
used them at least a dozen times
infact, my first port of call if i need a truck....
good luck.
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044850 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Mon, 16 March 2009 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Gizzy Gal  is currently offline Gizzy Gal  
Completely Insane

Have used carmody's once before to pick up a horse i was sending off on lease.
They told me that if delivery to the other end was going to be any later than 8pm then my horse would be stabled at one of their depo's close to the destination and delivered the following day.
have you got their mobile number?
i have it, will PM to you if you like.
Good luck =]

edited to say:
sorry i didnt see where you said you send an SMS, so clearly you have the mobile number, stupid me Embarassed
The one i have is 0419886892, not sure if the one you have is the same Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 16 March 2009 23:52]

R.I.P. Possum (1993-2007)
R.I.P. Kryptonite (2004-2008)
Mousey boy i miss you so much!
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044852 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Mon, 16 March 2009 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Shonnie  is currently offline Shonnie  
Work used them just recently and they were A Class but in saying that I have used them personally before and they were really really REALLY hard to get a hold of and to pick up the horse. Every phone call the reply was 'we'll pick them up tomorrow' horse never got picked up 'tomorrow'. Dropping off never had a problem though. Keep calling them and just annoy the crap out of them. Even if it means leaving hundreds of messages. And let them have it too, once you do get a hold of them.
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044872 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  zam zam  
Confused Confused Confused

Ive used them for years.
Never ever had a problem.
Carmel always normally answers her phone or gets back to me straight away.
They are always so organised, Im really surprised.
I wont use anyone else Confused

zam zam xx

If it sparkles or its fluffy its all good.
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044964 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Friesian Friend  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
Nice to hear someone else is having a problem, here is my story.....booked my horse with Mornington Peninsula Horse Floats to go from Hastings to Winchelsea on thursday 12 March. I booked 2 weeks in advance giving them plenty of notice, rang the following week, rang the tuesday before he was due to leave, I had specially requested he be brought in the morning...no problems they said, ring wednesday we will give you a time. Ring wednesday and they said he will be delivered FRIDAY Shocked I had specially organised time off work and couldn't change it and plenty of notice to them but they said they were picking up horses at the sales and a truck in SA. They organised for Carmody's and did a swap with a horse, Carmody's assured them they would be there early thursday morning. My friend rings Carmody's and they said they wouldn't get there now till after 5pm if lucky so my boy would get there in the Dark!!!!!! (I specifically didn't book with Carmody's as I was told they often drop horses off at 1am in the morning) Mad . I rang Mornington up and told them what was going on and they laid the blame on Carmody's rather than both themselves Rolls Eyes In the end a good friend transported the horse for me but it completely wrecked his day of being able to do other things Sad Then Carmody's turned up and layed the blame on me.... Mad )
I had done the right thing from the start giving heaps of notice, following up and they all just lie to you......
I used Prestige to float my llamas from Canberra to Melbourne, they were great turned up on time etc and stupid me went with a different company.......neither of which I would ever use again!
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1044991 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  ontera  is currently offline ontera  
Level 1 - Advanced
Did your horse turn up? Confused Sad
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045053 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  horseygal2  is currently offline horseygal2  
Level 1 - Advanced
Same experience here....

Took me over 2 weeks from the to pick up the horse....they kept putting it off....then it took them 4 days to get a horse from melbourne to Sydney....then they said well be there at this time.....still waiting 4 hours later.....They get here...im waiting forever....and then want MORE money than the agreed price Shocked I said 'NO' this was agreed, take it or leave it....

Never using them again!

Banners are no longer cool...
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045055 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Sialer Park Mini Stud  is currently offline Sialer Park Mini Stud  
Level 1 - Advanced
We've used Carmody's countless times, not only for local & general Vic transporting, but also interstate (QLD, NSW, SA & WA) & NEVER had a problem... We've moved mares in foal, wet mares, foals by themselves, stallions etc...

They have NEVER dropped a horse off here in the dark... They will always stable the horse at one of their depots for the night, then deliver in the morning.

My last trip with them was in that shocking 40+ degree weather.. They travelled at night, so that it was easier on the horses...

Never had trouble with them, & will continue to use them...

~*~ Sialer Park Mini Stud ~*~

Producing top class Small Shetlands and Miniature Ponies for the showring.

http://i39.tinypic.com/3xzs3.jpg

Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045072 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Shorty08  is currently offline Shorty08  
Completely Insane
Carmody's are great if you know them, but as someone who uses them occasionaly, they are hopeless.

Our trainer uses them all the time and asked me to book our filly to go down to him. I rang Carmody's EVERY day for a week asking when they are picking her up. Kept getting told, they'll fit her on the truck tomorrow. Finally got the ****es and rang the trainer. He rang Carmdoy's himself and she was picked up the next day. He said he's never had a problem with them. Once she was booked in, the truck turned up on time. So I guess it depends on who you are and how much of a worthy customer you are to them?

Shorty
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045111 is a reply to message #1045072 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Finn  
Shorty08 wrote on Tue, 17 March 2009 09:08

Carmody's are great if you know them, but as someone who uses them occasionaly, they are hopeless.

Our trainer uses them all the time and asked me to book our filly to go down to him. I rang Carmody's EVERY day for a week asking when they are picking her up. Kept getting told, they'll fit her on the truck tomorrow. Finally got the ****es and rang the trainer. He rang Carmdoy's himself and she was picked up the next day. He said he's never had a problem with them. Once she was booked in, the truck turned up on time. So I guess it depends on who you are and how much of a worthy customer you are to them?

Shorty

Well that is just silly since business relies on new clients to survive.
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045127 is a reply to message #1045111 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  KikoiraPark  
Finn wrote on Tue, 17 March 2009 09:30

Shorty08 wrote on Tue, 17 March 2009 09:08

Shorty

Well that is just silly since business relies on new clients to survive.

Not really Finn. I know a transport company up my way that VERY VERY rarely takes on new customers, as his old customers keep him in business well and truly! (Mind you he works mostly with TB's, so there is always some of them going somewhere! Cool )
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045208 is a reply to message #1044778 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  jode07  is currently offline jode07  
Level 1
Bellazeus wrote on Mon, 16 March 2009 22:35

Nod Mad Wouldn't use them again!
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045439 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Pony family  is currently offline Pony family  
Completely Insane
We have used Carmody's many times including bringing our young ASH home from mid NSW...never had a problem.

We own a large farming property & have alot of semi's coming & going transporting stock, we have trucks that say they will arrive by 5pm, turn up at 11pm!....it happens, there are always hold up's when you transport livestock.

I'm sure they will contact you as soon as they can:)
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045523 is a reply to message #1045127 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Bellazeus  
KikoiraPark wrote on Tue, 17 March 2009 09:36

Not really Finn. I know a transport company up my way that VERY VERY rarely takes on new customers, as his old customers keep him in business well and truly! (Mind you he works mostly with TB's, so there is always some of them going somewhere! Cool )

Fair enough if one doesnt want new customers.. dont take them on.. totally understand that BUT if you do.. treat them with the respect they deserve.

To not know where your horse is when its several hours later than the drop off time, is UNACCEPTABLE and the transport company is at fault. Sure things go wrong.. but surely someone can ring and say will be late?

Ive used them 3 times.. and only on one of those times did they actually rock up and pick up the horse when they said they were going to. And the last time they left my mare in a depot over night because they had lost the address they were meant to deliver her to ? even tho i had given it to them and had tried to ring them many a times to find out where my horse was. Having said that one of their drivers was extremely good and gentle loading a troubled horse.

Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045540 is a reply to message #1044813 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  cheveauxpark  
Kassie79 wrote on Mon, 16 March 2009 22:59

Geez- I must have been lucky Shocked They turned up when they said they would and the guy was lovely. I even had to remind him to take my payment as he never asked for it!

I've found them to be very professional indeed!
Must be having a bad day...best of luck!

Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045551 is a reply to message #1045523 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  KikoiraPark  
Bellazeus wrote on Tue, 17 March 2009 13:01

KikoiraPark wrote on Tue, 17 March 2009 09:36

Fair enough if one doesnt want new customers.. dont take them on.. totally understand that BUT if you do.. treat them with the respect they deserve.

To not know where your horse is when its several hours later than the drop off time, is UNACCEPTABLE and the transport company is at fault. Sure things go wrong.. but surely someone can ring and say will be late?

Ive used them 3 times.. and only on one of those times did they actually rock up and pick up the horse when they said they were going to. And the last time they left my mare in a depot over night because they had lost the address they were meant to deliver her to ? even tho i had given it to them and had tried to ring them many a times to find out where my horse was. Having said that one of their drivers was extremely good and gentle loading a troubled horse.

Understood Bellazeus, and I completely agree with you!

I was not at any time siding with them or saying it was acceptable, I was just saying to Finn that a business such as this does not neccesarily rely on new business to survive, so what Shorty said may not have been all that silly!
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045573 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  FD11  
Not Carmody's, but I had a company lose my horse.

They assured me it would arrive the next day - I get a phone call first thing the next day, "Er... Your horse isn't on the truck and we don't know where he is". Rolls Eyes

Hmm.

I got him in the end but it was a week later, and I was not impressed (he was sitting in a depot for 5 days!!).

Oh, and they even had the cheek to bring up AGISTMENT costs at the depot. And then "Oh, but we won't charge you for that" upon me getting a little shirty. Of course you ruddy well won't!

[Updated on: Tue, 17 March 2009 13:25]

Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045574 is a reply to message #1044778 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Halleberry  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
Bellazeus wrote on Mon, 16 March 2009 22:35

So have I Evil or Very Mad
But its wasnt carmodys Smile

Rumours are carried by haters,
Spread by fools,
and excepted by idiots!
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045661 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Amalek  is currently offline Amalek  
Level 3
I live two minutes from Carmodys front door if you like so on my way home from work quite happy to call in and see what is going on with your horse

Trish
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045741 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  monello  is currently offline monello  
Completely Insane
is your horse there yet?

i had a similar problem, sent a horse on trial, they sent him back, took a week for him to get from sale to bendigo, and id say he wasnt fed much on the trip as he lost a fair amount of weight (16.3hh tb) not sure on the company, but will be very careful who i use to move my babies to qld.

its good to know at the end of the day he is always there to greet me with a smile.
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045746 is a reply to message #1045661 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Eventing_Star  is currently offline Eventing_Star
Level 1 - Advanced
Ive used them once. Told my horse would be picked up at 8am, they arrived at 4pm!!
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045797 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Call_Me_Crock  
Completely Insane
Hi Guys, Horse turned up lunch time today all good. Least of my worries right now. Twisted Evil

Now my worry is the condition my pride and joy has turned up in, (not carmody's fault) but the friggen trainers Twisted Evil i ducked home at lunch time to see how he looked and he has rib coverage but his hip bones are sticking out like he hasn't seen food in 3 weeks and is so tucked up and sunken in, his neck is sagging to one side? and his mane is all in dread locks!!!! Evil or Very Mad

As soon as i get home tonight i will take photo's and i will be sending them to the trainers asking for an explanation! This is not good enough, they have been lying to me all this time and now low and behold my baby boy looks like a rat Crying or Very Sad

Will post photo's tonight if the internet isn't playing up again but not happy at all with his condition Crying or Very Sad he looks so weak and frail for a 3 year old and he is a very big boy too so it's going to take a while to get him looking better again Crying or Very Sad

Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045904 is a reply to message #1045797 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mouse  
Step away from the computer,
Is this the same horse you had a thread on a while back about having a race start and then it didnt happen???

“its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what your not"

"We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets."

"Karma works in mysterious ways"
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1045949 is a reply to message #1045904 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Call_Me_Crock  
Completely Insane
mouse wrote on Tue, 17 March 2009 16:20

Is this the same horse you had a thread on a while back about having a race start and then it didnt happen???

Yes, then those trainers got disqualified and he had a spell and then we sent him to another trainer Evil or Very Mad

Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1046040 is a reply to message #1045949 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  blossom
Completely Insane
is this jessies baby?
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1046299 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Call_Me_Crock  
Completely Insane
yes bloss, so you know how much it would hurt me to see him in the condition he is... waiting for bf to get home to upload pics

Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1046305 is a reply to message #1046299 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Big clompers  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
oh no thats terrible you beautiful horse!!

http://mbmfiles.com/a/080508-a98177NsQU1R.gif
Re: Barry Carmody Horse Transport [message #1046337 is a reply to message #1044745 ] Tue, 17 March 2009 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
  Call_Me_Crock  
Completely Insane
i don't know why but the photos wont upload Confused

Previous Topic:Disobeying the spirit of the rules
Next Topic:Manorvale County Royal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 3 09:42:42 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14007 seconds

.:: Home ::.