[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » Breeds » Standardbreds
Re: Standardbreds [message #2434817 is a reply to message #2429800 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Tiff  is currently offline Tiff  
Level 1 - Advanced
Well hello all! I thought that it was well and truly time that I enter this thread being the extremely proud owner of no less than 5 Standardbreds! Laughing Maybe a little intro wouldn't hurt, hopefully I don't bore you all though Embarassed

I'll go in order of joining my herd I think Very Happy

Here is my old girl Lilly, only old in her mind and in her "what I say goes" priciples. She is the granny of my herd and keeps the youngers in line since proving that she is darn terrible to ride! For the bloodline followers her name is Lady Echelon Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=469918&private=0

Then Ranger came...my wonderful standy riding horse, gave me back my confidence and he will never be far from me for the rest of his life Smile His name is Trouble A'Blazin!

index.php?t=getfile&id=469919&private=0

Then comes Ted, who's name is "Here Goes Ted" Laughing Stunning young trotter who is a bit nervy but quickly coming around.

index.php?t=getfile&id=469920&private=0

Next, Chillie. He is 11 months old and a gelding by Snow Brave...and yes...I feel very lucky to have him Smile A sweet little fellow that I know will grow into a very handsome horse!

index.php?t=getfile&id=469921&private=0

And the youngest member, Bee is an 8 month old filly with the heart and soul of an angel. She is just one of those horses that hugs you so tightly with her love and trust that all you can do is love her back Smile She'll be huge!!! She's more than half way up Ranger's 16hh body Shocked

index.php?t=getfile&id=469922&private=0

Meet my standies Very Happy

That's all...just a big fat brag... Embarassed

• Attachment: Lilly.JPG
    (Size: 93.49KB, Downloaded 1404 time(s))

• Attachment: ranger.JPG
    (Size: 95.60KB, Downloaded 1397 time(s))

• Attachment: ted10.jpg
    (Size: 94.13KB, Downloaded 1399 time(s))

• Attachment: Chillieforum2.JPG
    (Size: 83.94KB, Downloaded 1393 time(s))

• Attachment: BeeForum.JPG
    (Size: 90.40KB, Downloaded 1355 time(s))

Re: Standardbreds [message #2434838 is a reply to message #2434817 ] Tue, 04 October 2011 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dukesmum  
Completely Insane
Tiff wrote on Tue, 04 October 2011 02:06

Next, Chillie. He is 11 months old and a gelding by Snow Brave...and yes...I feel very lucky to have him Smile A sweet little fellow that I know will grow into a very handsome horse!

Very Happy Very Nice ,where did you find him ?

One person denigrating,spiral's gossip
Truth eventually arises,
Walking away Is rewarding & Purging !
Re: Standardbreds [message #2436140 is a reply to message #2434817 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dooz  is currently offline dooz  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
Tiff wrote on Tue, 04 October 2011 02:06

Well hello all! I thought that it was well and truly time that I enter this thread being the extremely proud owner of no less than 5 Standardbreds! Laughing Maybe a little intro wouldn't hurt, hopefully I don't bore you all though Embarassed

I'll go in order of joining my herd I think Very Happy

Here is my old girl Lilly, only old in her mind and in her "what I say goes" priciples. She is the granny of my herd and keeps the youngers in line since proving that she is darn terrible to ride! For the bloodline followers her name is Lady Echelon Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=469918&private=0

Then Ranger came...my wonderful standy riding horse, gave me back my confidence and he will never be far from me for the rest of his life Smile His name is Trouble A'Blazin!

index.php?t=getfile&id=469919&private=0

Then comes Ted, who's name is "Here Goes Ted" Laughing Stunning young trotter who is a bit nervy but quickly coming around.

index.php?t=getfile&id=469920&private=0

And the youngest member, Bee is an 8 month old filly with the heart and soul of an angel. She is just one of those horses that hugs you so tightly with her love and trust that all you can do is love her back Smile She'll be huge!!! She's more than half way up Ranger's 16hh body Shocked

index.php?t=getfile&id=469922&private=0

Meet my standies Very Happy

That's all...just a big fat brag... Embarassed

gorgeous !
so Molly found a home Tiff ?

http://i.imgur.com/9kNfN.jpg
Re: Standardbreds [message #2436168 is a reply to message #2436140 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
Yes!! She did! Her and Lilly together were just dynamite waiting to blow! The girl that took her was very good in ground skills with her, and I won't lie, was happy to see her go. It was fun having two related grey girls, but not worth my health!! Laughing

There are still 12 horses/ponies here, these are just the standys Laughing Will be putting all money and energy into the pinto boy and bay girl to have well educated and quiet babies to ride in a few years!

How are your girls? Kahlua still cranky? Laughing
Re: Standardbreds [message #2436815 is a reply to message #2436168 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  bobbigirl08  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
Oh Tiff,

you and I are both the luckiest chicks in the world to own coloured standies Very Happy

You certainly could not have chosen a better breeder than where you got both Chil and Bee.

Cannot wait to catch up and bring my camera. Oh ohhhhh, we must get our standy group up and running.
Re: Standardbreds [message #2436921 is a reply to message #1605 ] Thu, 06 October 2011 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  kokobene  is currently offline kokobene  
Level 1 - Advanced
Hi all!!

Have had a few enquiries about our Standy Ring at the Echuca Ag Show - we're not running a harness class, simply because they are not very well supported (generally), and Whittlesea has them on Sunday.

If everyone supports these rings at the shows that run them, then there will be more incentive for others to run them Very Happy

This is our first year, and Echuca have been fabulous in assisting us, however we need for as many Standie owners to support us in order to be able to run the ring next year (and hopefully expand in Northern VIC).

Please make an effort to be there if you can (even if it's only the led!), so that we can give you all the very best opportunity in the future!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Love you all xxx

KB
Re: Standardbreds [message #2437251 is a reply to message #2436815 ] Thu, 06 October 2011 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
bobbigirl08 wrote on Wed, 05 October 2011 21:55

Oh Tiff,

you and I are both the luckiest chicks in the world to own coloured standies Very Happy

You certainly could not have chosen a better breeder than where you got both Chil and Bee.

Cannot wait to catch up and bring my camera. Oh ohhhhh, we must get our standy group up and running.

We most certainly are! Very Happy Proud as punch to have both of them! Plus the added bonus of my little Bee being sired by a coloured stallion and so I have a good chance that she will throw me colour to a foal one day Very Happy You just wait, there are gonna be some stunning pure and partbred standies in my paddock over the next 10 years Laughing

Yes! Standy riding group!! I will learn to ride then I will have such a choice that I can have a different one each week Laughing Embarassed

Please come meet my babies soon!!
Re: Standardbreds [message #2439567 is a reply to message #2437251 ] Sat, 08 October 2011 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  fat_little_pony  is currently offline fat_little_pony  
Level 1 - Advanced
Thought I would pop down here and say hello!

Earlier this year I was given Tower as agistment payment. There was a lot of ho-ha on here when he was for sale.
Anyway Tower now has a forever home with me and has stolen my boyfriend's heart! He is absolutely in love with him! They are in love with each other!

Tower started as your typical STB. Didn't know where his legs were going at any given time! The time I have spent doing groundwork with him has been insane! He is coming along in leaps and bounds!

And about a month or two ago I discovered a lump on the end of his willy. Was diagnosed by the vet as a tumor on his urethra, and he may down the track need an operation to remove this tumor. At the moment though that the vet decided to hold off on the operation as the surgery is very invasive.

Well sorry for the essay, but now with a photo! Tower can now trot, and is beginning his 3 beat canter!

I am so proud of him and I wouldn't pass him up for any other horse in the world!

index.php?t=getfile&id=470677&private=0

Re: Standardbreds [message #2442290 is a reply to message #2436168 ] Tue, 11 October 2011 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tiff wrote on Wed, 05 October 2011 11:53

Yes!! She did! Her and Lilly together were just dynamite waiting to blow! The girl that took her was very good in ground skills with her, and I won't lie, was happy to see her go. It was fun having two related grey girls, but not worth my health!! Laughing

There are still 12 horses/ponies here, these are just the standys Laughing Will be putting all money and energy into the pinto boy and bay girl to have well educated and quiet babies to ride in a few years!

How are your girls? Kahlua still cranky? Laughing

good news she found a good home !

of course kahlua is still cranky lol.
thats how she rolls Laughing

and my younger one piper is taking after her at the moment.
spring grass, no work, and mares ! Laughing
as soon as we get some better weather again, and i get over my third bout of the flu/tonsillitis,
piper will be getting ridden again, much to her disliking !

Re: Standardbreds [message #2448669 is a reply to message #1605 ] Tue, 18 October 2011 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mollynjosie  is currently offline Mollynjosie  
Level 1 - Advanced

I used to own a standie yrs ago, still remember him, got photos of him, he was a race winner, won a lot of money in his racing days, he came from nz - kiwi, his racing name was zambucca frost, I got him as a second horse as I was retiring my aged mare, a friend of mine owned him, he was on ajistment, the day I was to get him I was nervous as all hell, as I didn't know what he looked like, when he arrived his owner was in tears, so was I the people who " borrowed " had left him to survive by himself no feed, he ate dirt & rocks, so at my gate was a coat hanger, his owner asked if I still wanted him, and my answer yes I'm sure he was surprised, but I knew good food, tlc he'd be alright,
riding was put on hold for months, but he was worth it, " Sam " as he was lovingly named was a trooper, we got his medical issues fixed, and the weight piled on, from coat hanger, to a big muscly boy, we had some good times together, but unfortunately back then money was a issue and I had to return him to owner,
Then yrs passed and another standie entered my life " bob" it was like de ja vue, all over, he was skin and bone, so once again good feed tlc, rugging, bob was transformed, he even grew taller, bob looked like 15 hh underweight , but once he muscled up, he was 16hh he probably was 16 hh but being so under weight, he didn't look it, we had many good times, like Sam both were joy able to ride, injury to me, meant bob went to friends place were he is still loved but retired, if ever someone asks me what horse to get for begginer it would be a standie they are very loving animals if you give them a chance,
Love you bob & Sam
Re: Standardbreds [message #2453441 is a reply to message #1605 ] Sat, 22 October 2011 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  swampymoo  
Level 1
I love your coloured SBs.

I had a roan colt from Native Stud in NZ. Melissa breeds and races her SBs and also saddle showing them successfully in SB classes.

http://www.nativestud.com/

Its worth a quick look if interested in coloured SBs. I know she immported a coloured broodie from Oz.

We have one SB gelding but have had 5 or 6 over the years either ridden or driven.

Re: Standardbreds [message #2453932 is a reply to message #1605 ] Sun, 23 October 2011 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  swampymoo  
Level 1
index.php?t=getfile&id=473947&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=473946&private=0

This was our SB mare Minnie that we had back in NZ.

She was a trotter, and never raced only trialed. OH rode her and we did drive her a bit but never got to grips with her brakes!!! We loved her anyway. She went to live with our old neigbours (Pony club and SB people) and placed third in her first one day event! She placed inhand in SB classes in NZ with us.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 October 2011 18:04]

Re: Standardbreds [message #2456251 is a reply to message #1605 ] Tue, 25 October 2011 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  kikker_vanger  is currently offline kikker_vanger  
Level 3

I love seeing all your gorgeous standies! Gives me hope. I finally got another nice photo of my mare she is very pretty but it doesnt seem to translate through photos. I want to get her into harness but i cant seem to get any for her. If any one knows anyone who can help it would be greatly appreciated!!!

index.php?t=getfile&id=474479&private=0

• Attachment: sevens1.jpg
    (Size: 38.53KB, Downloaded 983 time(s))

Ik ben de kikker vanger. Ik vang de kikkers.
Re: Standardbreds [message #2456292 is a reply to message #1605 ] Tue, 25 October 2011 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  swampymoo  
Level 1
edited

[Updated on: Sun, 27 November 2011 11:21]

Re: Standardbreds [message #2456624 is a reply to message #1605 ] Wed, 26 October 2011 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  seykamp  is currently offline seykamp  
Level 2
Hi fellow standy owners n lovers,
I bought my oh a standby mare out of the sale yards a few years ago her name is Britt Hanover she is 16 hh browny bay mare that has become unreplaceable as a babysitter, harness school master & around go to mare. She is good to ride & canters well although will tranter at times but you pull her back to a trott & then ask again & she's right every time.
A girlfriend borrowed her to breed a foal by her old cutters could pally stallion last season & she had a good type of buckskin colt my friend is retaining for her son to use for feedlot cattle work. I was actually surprised how nice the foal was as although Britt is more often mistaken for a warmblood she dose have a bit of a comman bigger type head on her. But the colt did well & most are totally stunned when we tell them he's a standy qh cross, lol.
I will not be breeding her though as she is to be my harness school master now as I am new to harness driving & have 3 youngsters who will all be harness broken when the time comes. But in the meantime I plan on learning all I can with miss Britt & as my oh didn't end up riding her more than a few times I think it's safe to say she is my mare now, lol.
Great to see all your wonderful standies getting out & about & showing they are good for more than just harness work. Some lovely horse throughout this thread too proving like any breed there is good & bad types out there.

Judgemental people miss out on a lot of life, treat others as you want to be treated.
Re: Standardbreds [message #2468078 is a reply to message #1605 ] Sun, 06 November 2011 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sarella  is currently offline Sarella  
Level 5
Hi everyone. Today I stumbled across a dapple grey standardbred that was for sale.I rang the owner. The owner was a complete beginner and has happily ridden this horse safely for well over a year. She confessed she knew next to nothing about riding and bought the horse straight off the track (was too slow)and had been poking about trial riding mostly with her kids(has never cantered). the mare would be uneducated if it was straight off the track wouldn't it be? Can standardbreds canter or do they have to be trained to do this? Are horses off the track usually sound ? The lady is selling really cheaply and even tho the mare is not what im looking for she just looked so nice and aparently her temperment is excellent (also im a sucker for dapple grey horses). any advice would help. Also the owner said she had a brand if i was interested could i find out more via the brand and how?( like her age/ dam/ sire ect)..
Re: Standardbreds [message #2468099 is a reply to message #1605 ] Sun, 06 November 2011 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
A little brag - Byethelot at his first show, Echuca Aggi, Reserve Champion Led Male Standardbred Very Happy

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg381/janeo_1982/Ibis-mybigchamp.jpg

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg381/janeo_1982/Ibis-mybigchamp2.jpg

Absolutely stoked Very Happy Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 13 November 2011 11:12]

Re: Standardbreds [message #2472331 is a reply to message #1605 ] Thu, 10 November 2011 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  swampymoo  
Level 1
This is our newish SB.

He came from friends who had him since a weanling and trained him to saddle (very green) and tried him as a trotter but he came last in 6 trials so he came to live with us unexpectably.

He is so laid back and a complete duffus.

index.php?t=getfile&id=477476&private=0

Re: Standardbreds [message #2478726 is a reply to message #167070 ] Wed, 16 November 2011 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mash9745  
Level 1 - Advanced
Hi All,

Just wondering what you wear for a lead class (gelding)?

Thinking of heading to kilmore Smile

Thanks
Re: Standardbreds [message #2481497 is a reply to message #2478726 ] Sat, 19 November 2011 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  roseyshell  
Level 1 - Advanced
mash9745 wrote on Wed, 16 November 2011 13:06

Hi All,

Just wondering what you wear for a lead class (gelding)?

Thinking of heading to kilmore Smile

Thanks

Hi, for this show as not sure if you are, your horse will need to be registered with SPPHAV & you will need to be a member.

You have couple of choices - all of theme hinge around neat & tidy.

You can wear your show riding clothes - jacket, boots, hat or a nice pair of pants or a suit - as long as you look neat clean and presentable. Some people have "led outfits' others just wear riding clothes or black pants & a nice shirt or jacket & hat optional(if not too hot!)...

www.spphav.org.au if you are not a member
Re: Standardbreds [message #2482146 is a reply to message #2481497 ] Sat, 19 November 2011 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mash9745  
Level 1 - Advanced
Thanks for the reply, yes sending express post on Monday Smile hopefully we make it fingers crossed
Re: Standardbreds [message #2483807 is a reply to message #1605 ] Mon, 21 November 2011 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  live4riding  is currently offline live4riding  
Level 1
Ohh i have a standard bred Laughing he is Freeeken hilarious, Ex trotter and Ex pacer and now broken to saddle hehehe lets say he is a bit of a mess but my gawd i have never had a horse that is willing to please as much as mr. Red. he has been left in the paddock for over 2 years now so i thought i would start bringing him back into work. he goes in a little frame and tranters around what i call it haha (trot/canter) threw a leg over him the other day and he was perfect, shied at a few scary things but they were things like lawn mowers that were going past him so very impressed with the beast haha Laughing
index.php?t=getfile&id=479499&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=479500&private=0

• Attachment: Picture.jpg
    (Size: 36.33KB, Downloaded 770 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_0794.JPG
    (Size: 34.40KB, Downloaded 760 time(s))

index.php?t=getfile&id=551173&private=0

If you live a life without horses-

You don’t live a life at all…

Re: Standardbreds [message #2485816 is a reply to message #1605 ] Wed, 23 November 2011 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Lexus  is currently offline Lexus  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
HI all I thought I joined this one ages ago but I'll reintroduce.
I have 1 standy name is Max. His a big loveable dope!
He is my saftey horse do anything on etc
Except 11 weeks ago I feel off and broke my leg, wasent his fault . I'm still a few weeks off riding again but we will get there. Although sneaked a ride a week ago. Laughing

My question to all standy people is how has you improved the trot/canter transistion. I was asking for canter when he triped and I fell. He gets it after a while but we have been working on it for months previous and still was all over the shop.
Any just cause his a dope here is a pic broken leg and all he is still a tropper who puts up with me.

index.php?t=getfile&id=479925&private=0

• Attachment: mbl.jpg
    (Size: 32.20KB, Downloaded 718 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2011 12:00]

People need to know the world is not full rainbow colored unicorns running around pooping skittles onto piles of marshmallows!
Re: Standardbreds [message #2491887 is a reply to message #1605 ] Tue, 29 November 2011 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  swampymoo  
Level 1
Well I am gutted.

My boy Digger only has feedbin love for me. I have just restarted his hardfeeding yesterday.

Today he was waiting by the shed and came straight over to the gate. Was all over me like a rash... And there I was thinking he was my mate.

Re: Standardbreds [message #2498764 is a reply to message #1605 ] Wed, 07 December 2011 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dimrulzdaskool  is currently offline dimrulzdaskool  
Level 2
okay so i got told by a friend about standy shows and i was wondering what exactly it involved???
i have never done showing before and i highly doubt that my horse has either but sounds perfect for us!!!
1stly do you need registered papers to enter? i know you need them for normal showing and im assuming that the same rules apply but just wanted to double check

2ndly my friend said that scarring doesnt matter and i want to know if this is true of standy shows because, the smart horse that she is, decided to run into a star picket when she was younger
ill attatch a pic cause it is quite funny but she is still gorgeous!

and thirdly how often do they come up and how do you find out about them???

I am completely new to this side of horses so any help would be greatly appreciated

index.php?t=getfile&id=482937&private=0

if you look at the little bit of white above her muzzle you can kinda see the scar it is kinda arrow shapped in this but i real life it is actually in the shape of the star pickets

index.php?t=getfile&id=482936&private=0

and me riding her bareback cause shes awesome

if she was working like in the bareback picture(i know my position isnt fab i am bareback keep in mind) would she do ok???

Thanks vichorsians

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc434/MollysMyGal/awesomesig.jpg
Re: Standardbreds [message #2498958 is a reply to message #2498764 ] Wed, 07 December 2011 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all you need to know is on the spphav website
http://www.spphav.org.au/index.php?page=become-a-member
you and your horse need to be registered with them to show in the standy ring

the events are on there too

I wouldnt worry about the scarring,
go and have fun anyway !

Re: Standardbreds [message #2504956 is a reply to message #2498958 ] Tue, 13 December 2011 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
dooz wrote on Wed, 07 December 2011 13:37

all you need to know is on the spphav website
http://www.spphav.org.au/index.php?page=become-a-member
you and your horse need to be registered with them to show in the standy ring

the events are on there too

I wouldnt worry about the scarring,
go and have fun anyway !

Not necessarily, as long as your horse is a Freezebranded purebred, you can show in Standy rings at shows. You would need to be a member of SPPHAV for a few of these, the entry will tell you.

It's not compulsary in most circumstances, however it is beneficial to the breed that we support our society Very Happy

Check out the website that Dooz posted for all of the info
Re: Standardbreds [message #2505428 is a reply to message #2504956 ] Tue, 13 December 2011 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  warmedfawnz  is currently offline warmedfawnz  
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 17 March 2012 04:05]

http://i.imgur.com/6Ndk4.jpg
Re: Standardbreds [message #2505534 is a reply to message #2505428 ] Tue, 13 December 2011 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Finn  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
Haven't been down here for awhile.

Some lovely new photos, can't get enough of those standies Very Happy

Had a lovely night at Cranbourne cup meeting on Saturday night (even if it did rain all bloody night!!). My favorite trotter (whom i am lucky enough to strap and work whenever i so wish) ran a fantastic second in the Trotters Cup.

Also got to strap the lovely NZ horse Franco Emirate who is an absolute MONSTER! Only in size, not in nature. Was a huge sweetheart to deal with Very Happy
Re: Standardbreds [message #2506009 is a reply to message #1605 ] Wed, 14 December 2011 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mash9745  
Level 1 - Advanced
Hi all,

Thought I would share a couple of photos from Kilmore Ag.

This was both my sister and my first time (and our horses first show) in the Standy ring Smile

It was so nice to see all those standies gleaming in the sun Smile

Anyway our morning was a mess, we were up at 5.00am washing plaiting etc then we had to walk to the show (my float isn't ready yet), eventually got there after our 3.3km walk Rolls Eyes

So after fussing around with reapplying make up etc horses are ready, and we are not! quickly get changed and run over to our first class, unfortunately we were to late (thankfully as everyone looked beautifully dressed and we were less than desirable, but horses looked great Laughing )

So we ended up doing our led height classes Smile

We werent expecting anything as the some of the quality of standies were very good but I did end up with a second Very Happy my sister didn't get anywhere but all the same ribbon or not we were happy with our horses (except for mine which kept neighing Mad )

Soooooooo we then started our walk home ha ha ha.

Look forward to some more standie shows that is for sure Smile

Incase you are wondering, my boy was for sale on here about 1 month ago (previously my other sisters horse) but after getting him back into somework he was to good for me to pass up so instead of selling him for her I ended up with one more he he he.

Gold Dream

index.php?t=getfile&id=484339&private=0

Classical Image

index.php?t=getfile&id=484340&private=0

Thanks and hope to see you all out there Smile

Re: Standardbreds [message #2517303 is a reply to message #1605 ] Mon, 26 December 2011 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  swampymoo  
Level 1

[Updated on: Thu, 29 December 2011 08:10]

Re: Standardbreds [message #2519437 is a reply to message #1605 ] Wed, 28 December 2011 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Viki1  
Level 1 - Advanced
Just thought that I would share a photo of Miss 14 taken the other night Very Happy I think it is the best photo I have ever taken.

index.php?t=getfile&id=486693&private=0

• Attachment: sunset.jpg
    (Size: 5.40KB, Downloaded 515 time(s))

Re: Standardbreds [message #2530937 is a reply to message #1605 ] Sun, 08 January 2012 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  storm horse  is currently offline storm horse  
Level 1 - Advanced
i've put this in on topic, but thought it might be appropriate here as well.........some good info for those with pacing stb's.

http://www.gaitsofgold.net/

there are some great articles on gaiting (including pacing) and a saddle that according to the blurb would suit short backed, downhill, big striding horses Smile

Maree
www.quantumsavvy.com
index.php?t=getfile&id=304272&private=0
Standie wanted [message #2541145 is a reply to message #1605 ] Tue, 17 January 2012 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  shezza111  is currently offline shezza111  
Level 3
Hi Everyone
Im posting this on behalf of a friend of mine who is currently in search on a standie!
Must be over 15hh, age between 5 and 15. Mare or gelding, doesnt matter.
My friend is looking for something quiet to do ARC on and SPPHAV stuff. I also go out so she wants something so we can go out together. She currently has a young TB who is a little full of himself at times so she really needs something quiet to get her confidence back.
You can email me at ndrury@optusnet.com.au if you know of any.
Thanks so much

[Updated on: Tue, 17 January 2012 18:36]

Re: Standardbreds [message #2549180 is a reply to message #1605 ] Tue, 24 January 2012 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
Northern Standardbred Riding Group

First Rally to be held Saturday 4th Feb @ the Rochester PC Grounds

New and prospective members welcome, Lessons and Level Assessment available (memberships must be recieved and lessons booked prior), casual ride out in the afternoon.

Visit our Website or Facebook Page for more information.

Very Happy
Re: Standardbreds [message #2549900 is a reply to message #2549180 ] Wed, 25 January 2012 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Bec78  is currently offline Bec78  
Level 4
Hi Everyone,
Just letting you know I have my standy Johnny up for sale on the SPPHAV website.Under horeses for Sale/Lease.Like the rest of us I care more about his home than anything else. Very Happy
Thanks
Bec
Re: Standardbreds [message #2550874 is a reply to message #2549900 ] Thu, 26 January 2012 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  BONNIEG  is currently offline BONNIEG  
Level 4
Very Happy i has a pinto standy to ride Very Happy
it's been my dream to own a pinto standy for as long as i can remember
so imagine my face when i find out a friend of mine has gone a got herself one Evil or Very Mad ( the little green monster come out in me Laughing )

I'll never own him Sad but am very happy to say he and my friend are helping me gain my confidence back Very Happy (after my bucking bronco disaster)
then once I'm back on my feet
I'm thinking maybe I'll have to go find myself a matching pair so we can ride together in style Laughing
Re: Standardbreds [message #2551484 is a reply to message #1605 ] Fri, 27 January 2012 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  pranceypants  is currently offline pranceypants  
Level 1 - Advanced
I haven't been in here for AGES. Great to see the pics and posts about our very special horses.

I'm a bit excited because Tas is in the led classes at summer royal tomorrow morning. It's only our second show so we'll see how she goes. I watched the standie ring last year at the summer royal and the standard is extremely high, they were absolutely spectacular, I'm hoping Tas will be too. Smile

If any of you are there tomorrow come and say hello, Tas is a bright bay with a white face and red and black browbrand.

Cheers
Glenda

GwendolynPrancemePantaloons
Re: Standardbreds [message #2552540 is a reply to message #1605 ] Sat, 28 January 2012 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Jos  
Out of my way, I am in the midst of a hoo haa monologue
heading down to the central SRG rally today to have a squizz and hopefully get the ball rolling with joining up Very Happy

my boy will be veery happy to join other horses with their 'neck scars' as many people call them Rolls Eyes Laughing Laughing

horses are cool.
Re: Standardbreds [message #2552735 is a reply to message #1605 ] Sat, 28 January 2012 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
  Melzie  
Level 1 - Advanced
Just thought I better pop my head in here and say Hi... so Hi Smile

I am now standy-equipped, thanks to the lovely kokobene allowing me to purchase the handsome spunk Cruise! Smile (mind you its a couple months I've had him now! )

Cruise smiling for the camera...
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/Melzie_/Horses/cruisesmile.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 28 January 2012 12:16]

Previous Topic:Brumbies
Next Topic:PALOMINOS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 23 19:37:08 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.78442 seconds

.:: Home ::.