[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » General - On Topic » Froben Park horses / ponies
Froben Park horses / ponies [message #2646747] Thu, 10 May 2012 21:29 Go to next message
kyliem  
Level 5
Hi All - I am hoping someone can help me out please. I have a beautiful welsh cob mare who was apparently bred by Froben Park Stud. Her name is Froben Park Flower and was wondering if anybody has any horses that were bred there and if they are still in touch or can get in touch with the original owners? Their surname is Jarvis.

Any information of any sort would be great

Thank you
Re: Froben Park horses / ponies [message #2646760 is a reply to message #2646747 ] Thu, 10 May 2012 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  megany  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
Not sure if this is current,

FROBEN PARK COB STUD
Home of ARAWA RONALDO (IMP) Harness Stallion
Welsh cobs & Mountain Ponies
Strathalbyn, SA
Ph. (08) 8536 3501
Re: Froben Park horses / ponies [message #2646822 is a reply to message #2646747 ] Fri, 11 May 2012 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  ahorseisahorse  is currently offline ahorseisahorse  
Level 1 - Advanced
Hi Kyliem I looked that name up on the welsh site and didnt find it...but did find Froben Park Sunflower. If you dont have her papers get on the welsh pony and cob society site and see if your girls brands and markings match the the one named Sunflower.

You should be able to find the breeder reasonably easy though.

A friend has a Froben Park bred stallion that I adore so I had a bit of a looky to see if your girl was related but nope.
Re: Froben Park horses / ponies [message #2646824 is a reply to message #2646822 ] Fri, 11 May 2012 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sassy1  is currently offline sassy1  
Level 2

Leah Jarvis was at Strathalbyn, but she isn't there now. She showed a Welsh Cob stallion in harness a couple/few years ago at Adelaide Show.

Just looked up a couple of the latest registered horses on the Welsh search and she is still a member and it appears that her surname is now Braid. She evidently has moved to NSW. The Welsh site gives an address and (a business hours) phone number! That may help with chasing her.

Google could be your friend - he was for me Cool - it is interesting what you can find by googling phone numbers........ Cool
Good luck.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 May 2012 04:21]

Re: Froben Park horses / ponies [message #2646838 is a reply to message #2646824 ] Fri, 11 May 2012 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  carriage diva  
Step away from the computer,
sassy1 wrote on Fri, 11 May 2012 04:16

Leah Jarvis was at Strathalbyn, but she isn't there now. She showed a Welsh Cob stallion in harness a couple/few years ago at Adelaide Show.

Just looked up a couple of the latest registered horses on the Welsh search and she is still a member and it appears that her surname is now Braid. She evidently has moved to NSW. The Welsh site gives an address and (a business hours) phone number! That may help with chasing her.

Google could be your friend - he was for me Cool - it is interesting what you can find by googling phone numbers........ Cool
Good luck.

She sure did, magnificent animal he was, such a sweet nature an and absolutely stunning.
She arrived, put him and her little welsh A in the stables next to mine and left and she didnt return for 2 days.

Neither horse had water, food or bedding during the two days, when she did come back she gave them both a biscuit of oaten hay and a small bucket of water, which they both tipped over and didnt come back for another two days when her classes were on. We ended up giving them food and water, it was criminal. She didnt clean the stable out the entire 10 days, the stench was horrid.
This woman is not fit to own a budgie! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb389/DeeJayPonies/My%20Carriage%20Ponies/bratsrunning_zps9a4d3d7a.jpg
Re: Froben Park horses / ponies [message #2646980 is a reply to message #2646838 ] Fri, 11 May 2012 10:20 Go to previous message
  sassy1  is currently offline sassy1  
Level 2

No Message Body

[Updated on: Tue, 29 May 2012 14:13]

Previous Topic:Anyone got a Cannavaro baby?
Next Topic:Horse Skills for young children(2 going on 3)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 20 05:34:02 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01775 seconds

.:: Home ::.