[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » General - On Topic » Our first Royal Show
Our first Royal Show [message #2554133] Mon, 30 January 2012 14:18 Go to next message
  Kelmel  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
Many of you will have been inundated with photos at various times, of my little orphan friesian x, Alchemist.

This week his breeder took him, and myself, to our first Melbourne Summer Royal at Werribee - the third time Alchy has been out (he had 2 outings at Warrnambool and Port Fairy Ag shows) and he is 14 months old.

index.php?t=getfile&id=493196&private=0

He was SUCH a good baby - well mannered and sensible (apart from lots of walking and calling out to all the new horses to look at!!), and he even came 2nd in his class (Partbred friesian gelding Very Happy ) to an extremely worthy winner (one of the most beautiful horses I've ever seen!! Shocked ) and beating out some tough competition Shocked

index.php?t=getfile&id=493198&private=0

Then the same horse won champion, so we got to front up again Surprised

index.php?t=getfile&id=493199&private=0

And won reserve Very Happy Very Happy

index.php?t=getfile&id=493200&private=0

There were a few tears shed - he's our baby and we love him Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=493202&private=0

And would like to say the other friesian and partbred owners were the loveliest people!! SO encouraging and supportive and I really swallowed my nerves as soon as I realised they were friendly and didn't bite Laughing Laughing

The judge also said Alchy was lovely and she would love to see him mature as he will have a big future Very Happy

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l29/Kelmel_4884/secrets.jpg

If it's love, and we decide that it's forever - no one else could do it better.
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554158 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Hacker  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
Naw, there is his tiny little running plait, so cute! I couldn't see the FB pics his breeder posted in our Friesian group on FB Smile

Congratulations! Very exciting future for your little one Smile

I am so sad I missed coming down, but my little feral is going through an extreme fugly stage and is not fit to be seen in public (except at the beach where he can be hidden under sand and waves!)

Next year we may be there.. MAY Laughing There were no purebred babies there this year were there? We might have gotten the sympathy vote if we came Laughing

And he came second to a really beautiful partbred. Groveborn Titan is just divine!

[Updated on: Mon, 30 January 2012 14:49]

Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554159 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  cocochanel  
Step away from the computer,
He looks amazing Kel - you've done such a good job with him! Smile

R.I.P My beautiful BJ
I will miss & love you every single day!
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554164 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  honeyjoy  
He looks great Smile you've done a great job with him!!!

I agree, the Fresian people are lovely! (is that Groveborn behind you getting champion? Smile )

Just something for next time- as a judge, I really hate number holders around the chest on led horses, as it spoils the line of their shoulder, especially in babies. For royals, we usually tie around handler's waist. Just a minor thing. You are allowed to disagree!
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554165 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  zilla  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
Awesome! Well done Kel! Cool Cool Cool
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554172 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Kelmel  
Hacker - there were no other babies there, Alchy looked rather conspicuous with how tiny he was Laughing So many lovely apple friesian bums Shocked Laughing And the tiny running plait is a bit iffy Laughing I couldn't get him to keep his head still, and I really, really suck at plaiting anyway Embarassed Embarassed - I've never really shown before Uh Oh

And I wasn't even expecting 2nd!! All the horses were beautiful, but yes, the winner DEFINITELY deserved it!! Stunning!

And HJ that is very interesting about the number holder - I can see your point too... Will keep it in mind as I didn't even know I needed a number until Katrina gave it to me Embarassed Laughing I'm a hopeless showy Sad Laughing

Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554184 is a reply to message #2554172 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Hacker  
Kelmel wrote on Mon, 30 January 2012 14:53

Hacker - there were no other babies there, Alchy looked rather conspicuous with how tiny he was Laughing So many lovely apple friesian bums Shocked Laughing And the tiny running plait is a bit iffy :lol: I couldn't get him to keep his head still, and I really, really suck at plaiting anyway Embarassed Embarassed - I've never really shown before Uh Oh

And I wasn't even expecting 2nd!! All the horses were beautiful, but yes, the winner DEFINITELY deserved it!! Stunning!

And HJ that is very interesting about the number holder - I can see your point too... Will keep it in mind as I didn't even know I needed a number until Katrina gave it to me Embarassed Laughing I'm a hopeless showy Sad Laughing

No, its gorgeous!! Very, very cute Smile I have been practicing mine just for the fun of it and I am impressed you got the whole way down. Imperius starts cracking it once I get to mid-neck Rolls Eyes

Aww, he did super-well to be there with all the older horses then!
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554190 is a reply to message #2554184 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Kelmel  
Hacker wrote on Mon, 30 January 2012 14:57

Kelmel wrote on Mon, 30 January 2012 14:53

Hacker - there were no other babies there, Alchy looked rather conspicuous with how tiny he was Laughing So many lovely apple friesian bums Shocked Laughing And the tiny running plait is a bit iffy :lol: I couldn't get him to keep his head still, and I really, really suck at plaiting anyway Embarassed Embarassed - I've never really shown before Uh Oh

No, its gorgeous!! Very, very cute Smile I have been practicing mine just for the fun of it and I am impressed you got the whole way down. Imperius starts cracking it once I get to mid-neck Rolls Eyes

Aww, he did super-well to be there with all the older horses then!

Laughing Notice the forelock has been well and truly left alone Uh Oh Laughing

Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554208 is a reply to message #2554190 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  groveborn  
Well done Kel!! Alchy did you all proud on saturday. I love the photo where your running him out with his sash on - even though its a bit fuzzy you can still see the absolute joy on your face!
See you at the next one Very Happy Very Happy

And thanks for the nice comments about my boy!

www.grovebornfriesianhorses.com
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554219 is a reply to message #2554208 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  akubra  
Lovely lovely photos. Congrats to you and your boy. He is beautiful. Very Happy

I can't spell for ****
So if spell check don't pick it up refer to above.
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554245 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  zam zam  
Fabulous! Cool

moi eyes actually got a bit wet looking at those photos. Embarassed

zam zam xx

If it sparkles or its fluffy its all good.
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554264 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  ppg  
Beautiful Kel! Very Happy

Ideas without action remain dreams!
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554270 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Steff_Stormy  
Its my party and I'll hoo haa if I want to

Woohooo well done Kellie, i'm so happy for you, he is GORGEOUS!!! Ilove your outfit too.. Ruth and Theres keep scaring me, telling me they are going to get me a hideous dorky hat that outdoes Princess Beatrice when I start to show my boy in hand... I fear for my life, my reputation, and my ability to retain my cloak of invisability at horse events. Uh Oh
Well done to the lovely sensible Alchy and his brilliant owner.
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554271 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  chopin  is currently offline chopin  
well done congrats Very Happy

your face is beaming with that purple sash, good on you and what a good little man, he is gonna be a stunner Very Happy
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554293 is a reply to message #2554271 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  rosie2011  
Congratulations. !
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554411 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Kelmel  
Thanks so much everyone Very Happy

GB your boy was divine - very well deserved Smile

ZZ I got a bit choked up Laughing I remember when he looked like a donkey and he got all pot bellied from the formula Embarassed Uh Oh But now he's beautiful to everyone else too Cool

And to be honest he could still look like a donkey and I'd be like, where can I get 10 more of these for all the nervous riders/handlers out there!!

Steff - I am thinking if I keep showing him I'm going to have to invest in a nice outfit Embarassed Laughing Paying off horses is not conducive to nice clothes - the hat is mum's race hat (selected for it's ability to stay on when knocked by boisterous racegoers (and young horses) Laughing ) and the jacket was hers when she worked in an office Laughing I bought the pants though Razz they were from Jay Jays Cool Laughing Your boy is going to look lovely in hand! I might see you around, my friend who rode the friesian stally at the Royal wants to bring her Royal Hit Arabian Deriv. baby next year Laughing Just because showing babies is fun Very Happy Very Happy Laughing But remind them that hats blowing off are perilous for your horse's sanity and that of others Laughing

And also, RUNNNN Laughing When you watch people showing riding ponies you see them prancing along in their little skirts looking lovely - the big moving horses the only advice I've gotten is - point the horse and RUN so you get the movement Laughing Laughing Your boy's trot may be a LOT bigger than muffin's here Uh Oh

Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554454 is a reply to message #2554411 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  arabs can jump  
Completely Insane
Fabulous photos... well done... you both look amazing! Congratulations on your results and your lovely horse Smile
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554479 is a reply to message #2554208 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  honeyjoy  
groveborn wrote on Mon, 30 January 2012 15:17

Well done Kel!! Alchy did you all proud on saturday. I love the photo where your running him out with his sash on - even though its a bit fuzzy you can still see the absolute joy on your face!
See you at the next one Very Happy Very Happy

And thanks for the nice comments about my boy!

awww...I thought it was your boy there!!!!

How nice to see you and Kel up there together Very Happy
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554556 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Equivarna  
Not that I'm drawing on a huge reserve of experience, but for all the times that I've seen the 2nd placed horse to the Champion, called in, I have never seen it get reserve until now. Congratulations Kel & Alchy. Very Happy

Hmmmmm, picturing Steff wearing "The Pretzel" with a bikini. at the Summer Royal. Laughing

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.”
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554585 is a reply to message #2554556 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Neisje  is currently offline Neisje  
Out of my way, I am in the midst of a hoo haa monologue
Congrats! He looks great Very Happy and you look very happy too Very Happy Well done to everyone, from the photo's it was a good turn out and everyone looked fantastic!

Bella got Champion Purebred and then Supreme and she is the filly i bred, and she is from the same mum as Hackers boy Imperious Very Happy

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...
'Oh ****...she's awake!!'
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554602 is a reply to message #2554585 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Kelmel  
Neisje wrote on Mon, 30 January 2012 21:20

Congrats! He looks great Very Happy and you look very happy too Very Happy Well done to everyone, from the photo's it was a good turn out and everyone looked fantastic!

Bella got Champion Purebred and then Supreme and she is the filly i bred, and she is from the same mum as Hackers boy Imperious Very Happy

Success won't change Bella Laughing She is still an absolute character Laughing

Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554679 is a reply to message #2554411 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  zam zam  
Kelmel wrote on Mon, 30 January 2012 18:39

Thanks so much everyone Very Happy

GB your boy was divine - very well deserved Smile

ZZ I got a bit choked up Laughing I remember when he looked like a donkey and he got all pot bellied from the formula Embarassed Uh Oh But now he's beautiful to everyone else too Cool

I howled like a baby when Zam got his first champion ribbon Laughing Rolls Eyes Embarassed

zam zam xx

If it sparkles or its fluffy its all good.
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554911 is a reply to message #2554679 ] Tue, 31 January 2012 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  megsie86  is currently offline megsie86  
Its my party and I'll hoo haa if I want to
NAWWWW congrates...What a stunner...I cant wait to take allegra to her first show but i dont have anyone helping me like u...YOur very lucky...P.s how the hell did u do that plat sooo cute

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SM-Notley-Excavations/5117127 55547535

www.korunnavalleystation.webs.com

'Allegra' born 23/12/10 beautiful chestnut filly Smile
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554930 is a reply to message #2554911 ] Tue, 31 January 2012 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Kelmel  
megsie86 wrote on Tue, 31 January 2012 09:27

NAWWWW congrates...What a stunner...I cant wait to take allegra to her first show but i dont have anyone helping me like u...YOur very lucky...P.s how the hell did u do that plat sooo cute

Wow I can't imagine doing it without help!! Shocked I wouldn't have known where to start Uh Oh And I'm extremely lucky not only to have the chance to own a baby like this but also the support to help me not ruin him Embarassed Laughing

And the plait is a running braid - Groveborn has a much better one in the champion picture but Alchy's head is obscuring it Laughing It's actually much easier (I think!) than normal plaiting... except when your baby won't stand still Rolls Eyes

It's similar to the tail braiding... kind of... I'm sure someone who's done it more than a few times will be able to explain it, or there might be how to's on youtube? It's very quick and easy though because it's just one braid not a dozen or more!! Smile

Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554938 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Tue, 31 January 2012 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  katep  is currently offline katep  
Completely Insane
Congratulations! Thats fantastic Smile Smile
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2554946 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Tue, 31 January 2012 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Wings  is currently offline Wings  
CONGRATS!!! Very Happy Very Happy
What a great day for you and Alchy and so deserved!

"There is just as much horse sense as ever, but the horses have most of it."
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2555604 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Tue, 31 January 2012 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  RealityBites  is currently offline RealityBites  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
Well done!! Both of you looked fantastic!
My little brag from the Royal is that a mare I bred came second in Best Presented, and first in Friesian Warmblood led mare Smile Wyvernstorm Divine Destiny who is by my boy Gandolf Very Happy
Wish I could have been there to congratulate everyone in person!

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii7/wyvernstorm/RB-Banner.jpg
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2556082 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Wed, 01 February 2012 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  k.russell  
Completely Insane
KM I'm so very happy for you Very Happy
He looks lovely, you should be very proud of yourself. And it's great to see you smiling Smile

"Be truthful, gentle and fearless."- Gandhi
Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2556468 is a reply to message #2554133 ] Wed, 01 February 2012 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  cheveauxpark  
Out of my way, I am in the midst of a hoo haa monologue
Awesome...congrats!! Very Happy

Re: Our first Royal Show [message #2648707 is a reply to message #2554165 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 15:35 Go to previous message
Katie_vae  is currently offline Katie_vae  
Level 5
He looks fantastic Smile
Previous Topic:Advice- thinking of buying a pony for my son
Next Topic:What height will she mature to?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 19 11:47:37 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02165 seconds
.:: Home ::.