[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » General - On Topic » Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins
Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649012] Sun, 13 May 2012 21:47 Go to next message
  Harmony Reins  is currently offline Harmony Reins  
Level 3
A massive thank you to Dusty Girl and co who transported Zodie to us today. Also thank you to Cocochanel, Follyfoot and all the others that have been championing for this lovely boy.

Especially, a big thankyou to the couple that purchased him to get him out of the situation he was in and then surrendered him to us. You are very compassionate and we appreciate that you wanted to give him a shot.

Zodie is gorgeous and the love affair has already begun! He came off the float like a seasoned professional and settled in the paddock straight away.

He is a little worse than the pictures I had seen and seems has not had regular care for quite some time. He has 1 over 8 (suggesting he is 24?) and what looks like an R 8? He has a lovely kind face and looks quite bright given the circumstances.

Thank you again to those who have been instrumental in changing his fate and we will be updating his full story to our website soon.

index.php?t=getfile&id=509796&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=509793&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=509799&private=0

Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649022 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  WelshRgr8  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Poor boy... Sad I think he deserves a huge warm molasses bran mash then the big green dream....

Clynderwyn Welsh Mountain Ponies
Home of Salient Blue Boy 2nd
We choose Welsh and Standardbreds for driving and riding
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649027 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Follyfoot  is currently offline Follyfoot  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
You're welcome HR and all the best to Zodie Very Happy
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649030 is a reply to message #2649027 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  cocochanel  
Step away from the computer,
Woohoo welcome Zodie Smile

R.I.P My beautiful BJ
I will miss & love you every single day!
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649033 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  zam zam  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
Far out he is in a bad way!!!
Dusty Girl your a good egg. Smile

If it sparkles or its fluffy its all good.
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649034 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  easysmum  
Level 1
Go Girls ,another one with food in its belly

Thats not a new horse in the paddock its a New rug
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649037 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  susieq  
Human beings never cease to amaze me, 1st the ones that allow this lovely old boy to get into this condition, and then the ones like Dusty Girl who has taken time out to deliver this horse to his new caring home. At least this fairy tale has a happy ending.

I can pick em but I can't ride em
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649038 is a reply to message #2649022 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Nez_  

WelshRgr8 wrote on Sun, 13 May 2012 22:00

Poor boy... Sad I think he deserves a huge warm molasses bran mash then the big green dream....

Why? Just because he is older and not "useful" does he deserve any less than if he was a 4 year old warmblood, if Harmony Reins are willing and able to care for him?

Nezpix ~www.nezzie.net~
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649051 is a reply to message #2649038 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  cocochanel  
Nez_ wrote on Sun, 13 May 2012 22:24

Why? Just because he is older and not "useful" does he deserve any less than if he was a 4 year old warmblood, if Harmony Reins are willing and able to care for him?

Oh thank christ!!! I thought it was just me who thought that 'why rescue' topic was a load of bullshit!

Exactly what Nez said - why? If he's pain free what's the big deal about giving him a few years of happiness? Far out I'm so over this crap!

R.I.P My beautiful BJ
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649061 is a reply to message #2649022 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Dusty_Girl  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable

Why? Have you seen him? Are you a vet?

Honestly, why does he need a green dream when he now has a lovely, dedicated what I imagine forever home and guardian? Seeing where he lives now I think he's ended up very close to heaven already!

I was hoping not to be mentioned as I've done very little really, HR and cocochanel need all of the thanks! As well as the people that got him from where he was and surrendered him to HR's very capable hands, my part was tiny..

The credit belongs with HR for commiting to this horse essentially though, it's a big commitment financially and emotionally, HR deserves a bluddy medal IMHO! There needs to be more people like that, then maybe there would be less horses like poor old Zodie..

**Edited for quote fail..

[Updated on: Sun, 13 May 2012 22:39]

Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649064 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Lovesagoodpaint  
I would possibly try and trace those bands with the Arabian society .... if you can get a match, you might then know exactly how old he is and maybe get some history on him.

For a horse in his condition he still looks quiet bright. Those are fire brands .... old brands and he looks old ... to me 34yo .... arabs can age much better than other breeds ... chase those brands up Wink (oh and teeth become hard to use as a aguage once the horse gets into there late teens and after)

Everyone wants happiness no one wants pain, Yet you cant have a Rainbow without the Rain!
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649067 is a reply to message #2649064 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Dusty_Girl  
Lovesagoodpaint wrote on Sun, 13 May 2012 22:40

I would possibly try and trace those bands with the Arabian society .... if you can get a match, you might then know exactly how old he is and maybe get some history on him.For a horse in his condition he still looks quiet bright. Those are fire brands .... old brands and he looks old ... to me 34yo .... arabs can age much better than other breeds ... chase those brands up Wink (oh and teeth become hard to use as a aguage once the horse gets into there late teens and after)

I've already done that.. I'm 99% certain I've found him and have passed the details on to HR.. Hopefully the breeder's details are correct and they can confirm it's him.. IF it's the horse I found he's a Purebred 24yo Arab..
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649070 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Follyfoot  is currently offline Follyfoot  
Well DG... no modesty needed Smile

Your 'small' part helped immensely,

THANK YOU!!!!
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649071 is a reply to message #2649067 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Lovesagoodpaint  
Dusty_Girl wrote on Sun, 13 May 2012 22:46

Lovesagoodpaint wrote on Sun, 13 May 2012 22:40

I would possibly try and trace those bands with the Arabian society .... if you can get a match, you might then know exactly how old he is and maybe get some history on him.For a horse in his condition he still looks quiet bright. Those are fire brands .... old brands and he looks old ... to me 34yo .... arabs can age much better than other breeds ... chase those brands up Wink (oh and teeth become hard to use as a aguage once the horse gets into there late teens and after)

I've already done that.. I'm 99% certain I've found him and have passed the details on to HR.. Hopefully the breeder's details are correct and they can confirm it's him.. IF it's the horse I found he's a Purebred 24yo Arab..

Oh thats terrific! well done you! Smile ... hopefully you can get some history on him? wouldnt it be wonderful to talk to an old owner

Everyone wants happiness no one wants pain, Yet you cant have a Rainbow without the Rain!
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649073 is a reply to message #2649022 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  clydesdalelover  is currently offline clydesdalelover  
Completely Insane
Sorry this ****** me I'm trying to stay calm , but I won't appologise if I go off. You are right about the warm mash welch, but as for the green stuff go jump.this boy deserves a second chance. Give h.r a few months and you see the difference it makes. I've had rescues in the same way before and I can tell you good food, t.l.c , and some vet treatment they can sometimes make a full recov. This boy obviously is emaciated , has muscle wasteage,
So before we put him in the ground. Let's give Catherine I go. I'm sure she will give him a chance , but if he's far gone then let's do it.
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649075 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  martina  is currently offline martina  
YEAH !! Go old man !!
I am sure he "pick up" even more wiht the right care Very Happy Well done everybody involved. However I do agree on making hte "right" decision on the individual horse and that has NOTHING to do with the age ... it's more the sate/condition and the most likely future of the horse !
Again, that's very much up t the individual taking on a horse like this - no matter of it's AGE !
Good Luck and all the best
Cheers MARTINA

Visit The City Barn

index.php?t=getfile&id=468031&private=0

Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649076 is a reply to message #2649038 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dustygirl  is currently offline Dustygirl  
Level 5

After seeing what long term malnutrition does to a horse..after putting in months and months of money and hard work, with the only aim to have a happy retired horse, only to have him end up with organ damage and sick and in pain.......I agree, I feel they alot of the time get to a point where the kindest thing to do for them is to put them to sleep.

Fingers crossed this boy doesnt have the same health problems my guy had after a lifetime of neglect.
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649077 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  zam zam  
If he's an arab he will be as fat as mud in no time. Cool

Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649080 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  misglen  
Completely Insane
Well done to all those involved in the rescue of this beautiful old man, and particularly to Catherine at HR who i have been lucky enough to meet and see first hand the great work she does. And to the naysayers on here who think that rescuing oldies is a waste of time, hmmm, ok, better hope that you have people with more compassion looking after you when you get old ...
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649081 is a reply to message #2649038 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  WelshRgr8  
Stark, Raving Bonkers

No...certainly NOT...I'm NOT of that mindset....I was thinking of what the horse may have to endure in the future to please his rescuers....some of his internal organs may be damaged from the obvious neglect...and how do you know if he's in pain or not? he's paid his dues to us humans and then been terribly neglected. I'm not of the 'why rescue' clan...I haven't even looked into that thread...

Clynderwyn Welsh Mountain Ponies
Home of Salient Blue Boy 2nd
We choose Welsh and Standardbreds for driving and riding
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649092 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  zam zam  
If he is who I think he may be, from the above brands, he is 1/2 brother to my beautiful boy Aratar El Khobar.
Beautifully bred, stunning stunning horses and good doers!!!
There is no reason why this boy cannot return to looking how he once did as my boy is turning 20 this year and looks about 8!

Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649093 is a reply to message #2649080 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  English Rose  is currently offline English Rose  
Its my party and I'll hoo haa if I want to
misglen wrote on Sun, 13 May 2012 23:06

Well done to all those involved in the rescue of this beautiful old man, and particularly to Catherine at HR who i have been lucky enough to meet and see first hand the great work she does. And to the naysayers on here who think that rescuing oldies is a waste of time, hmmm, ok, better hope that you have people with more compassion looking after you when you get old ...

Personally if I ever got in that state, I'd be praying someone would be kind enough to shoot me.
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649097 is a reply to message #2649093 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Nez_  

English Rose wrote on Sun, 13 May 2012 23:24

Personally if I ever got in that state, I'd be praying someone would be kind enough to shoot me.

Really? I dunno, the will to live is pretty strong in most people/animals, even in the most dire circumstances

Nezpix ~www.nezzie.net~
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649102 is a reply to message #2649097 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nez_ wrote on Sun, 13 May 2012 23:32

Really? I dunno, the will to live is pretty strong in most people/animals, even in the most dire circumstances

Maybe I'm just weird Rolls Eyes Laughing

Having nursed many, many people through till the end, I do not want to end up going the way a lot of old/sick people go.

Horses don't have plans for the future, regrets from the past, worries about dying, afterlife, god, heaven, hell etc. They life in the moment.

People are so caught up with things living at all costs. In my opinion there are far worse things in life, than dying, for both people and animals.
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649107 is a reply to message #2649102 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Nez_  

English Rose wrote on Sun, 13 May 2012 23:39

Having nursed many, many people through till the end, I do not want to end up going the way a lot of old/sick people go.

Horses don't have plans for the future, regrets from the past, worries about dying, afterlife, god, heaven, hell etc. They life in the moment.

People are so caught up with things living at all costs. In my opinion there are far worse things in life, than dying, for both people and animals.

Well I'm not one of those people caught up with things living at all costs, at all. I am a vet nurse, Im with dying animals all the time, and am thankful that we are able to end animals suffering unlike with humans.

Nezpix ~www.nezzie.net~
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649113 is a reply to message #2649107 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nez_ wrote on Sun, 13 May 2012 23:49

English Rose wrote on Sun, 13 May 2012 23:39

Well I'm not one of those people caught up with things living at all costs, at all. I am a vet nurse, Im with dying animals all the time, and am thankful that we are able to end animals suffering unlike with humans.

Amen to that.
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649115 is a reply to message #2649107 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Dusty_Girl  
I don't see why this has to become a pro life/euthenasia debate..

I met this horse today and spent the best part of 4 hours in total travelling him and then seeing him settle in whilst speaking to HR..

We were actually discussing if he would be 14 or 24yo as he does not look like a 24yo horse apart from his obvious poor condition, he has a bright eye and is alert and happy, he's not showing any signs that he's given up or that he doesn't want to be here..

I would be the first and the loudest one to speak out if I thought it was cruel to pursue his rehab!!

I have every confidence that he is bright and happy and that either way HR will do the right thing by him but I don't think this horse needs to be PTS without a chance..
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649175 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Evil  
Completely Insane
If that brand is RP that is a Warrawee horse.
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649179 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Isaboe  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
Well done to all and I hope this guy has many healthy and happy years ahead of him Smile I am however, surprised you were allowed to transport him in this condition...I was under the impression there are very strict rules regarding the transport of horses in such a state Sad
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649239 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  chopin  is currently offline chopin  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
what a sweet boy, his eyes are alert, ears pricked, hope all goes well with him and I'm sure HR will make the right decision if things dont go well.
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649244 is a reply to message #2649175 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  carluke  
Evil wrote on Mon, 14 May 2012 08:09

Well thats confusing because Regency Park is RP as well Confused

Goodluck with him he looks like a gentle boy

[Updated on: Mon, 14 May 2012 09:35]

www.carlukecollies.com.au
www.carlukearabians.com

Yes, i know that i can't spell ....
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649247 is a reply to message #2649012 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  learns4life  is currently offline learns4life  
personally I see merit in the "why rescue" thread.... I believe all horses need to be evaluated on a case by case basis, this horse for example, is still bright eyed, alert to the world around him, and polite to handle, so If he is in any pain, I believe he is strong enough to deal with it, and will pull through well.

Bob Marley said

I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean

Try not to take it personally, I strongly dislike all humans... now horses, horses I like!
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649284 is a reply to message #2649244 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  carluke  
carluke wrote on Mon, 14 May 2012 09:35

wHoops Regency Park is RP ovr T and I maybe my eyes are trickin me but that RP looks like it's over sumfin??

www.carlukecollies.com.au
www.carlukearabians.com

Yes, i know that i can't spell ....
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649285 is a reply to message #2649244 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Dusty_Girl  

It's a Regency Park horse that he fits the description of that I've found, their brand is RP over T and he seems to have a line under the RP that is possibly a T, although he's a bit hairy and it's hard to see.. But the brands and markings are pretty much spot on, right down to flecking around flanks.. I think HR is going to try and contact the breeder to confirm if it's him..

Editd for *snap* CL..

This is who I'd put my money on:

http://ahsadata.com/studbook/horsedetails.cfm?ahsid=38706
If that's him it does make him a hlf sibling to ZZ's lovely boy Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 14 May 2012 10:18]

Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649305 is a reply to message #2649285 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mamasue  
Completely Insane
Dusty_Girl wrote on Mon, 14 May 2012 10:14

It's a Regency Park horse that he fits the description of that I've found, their brand is RP over T and he seems to have a line under the RP that is possibly a T, although he's a bit hairy and it's hard to see.. But the brands and markings are pretty much spot on, right down to flecking around flanks.. I think HR is going to try and contact the breeder to confirm if it's him..

Editd for *snap* CL..

if that's him, he was gelded as a 13 yo?? interesting ........
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649313 is a reply to message #2649051 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mamasue  
Completely Insane
cocochanel wrote on Sun, 13 May 2012 22:31

Oh thank christ!!! I thought it was just me who thought that 'why rescue' topic was a load of bullshit!

Exactly what Nez said - why? If he's pain free what's the big deal about giving him a few years of happiness? Far out I'm so over this crap!

I'm with you CC ... please nay sayers ... stay in the other thread.
Those of us interested in this grand old horse only want to talk about him.
Please don't turn this thread into a debate.

dustygirl & co., thank you so much for picking him up and taking to his new life.

Catherine, thank you for having such a big heart.

I hope this gorgeous Arabian horse is soon on his way to a successful reahabilitation.
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649314 is a reply to message #2649305 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  zam zam  
mamasue wrote on Mon, 14 May 2012 10:27

Editd for *snap* CL..

My boy was also gelded later, shown as a colt, not bred from because he is a SCIDs carrier.
This boy may be the same if its him.

Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649315 is a reply to message #2649179 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Dusty_Girl  
Isaboe wrote on Mon, 14 May 2012 08:15

Well done to all and I hope this guy has many healthy and happy years ahead of him Smile I am however, surprised you were allowed to transport him in this condition...I was under the impression there are very strict rules regarding the transport of horses in such a state Sad

Sometimes the right thing has to be done, he couldn't stay where he was, he wouldn't have got on the float if I did not think it was fair on him, he was alert and ears pricked the whole journey and got off the other end the same way, all measures were taken to ensure he had a safe and comfortable journey and at no time was he under any stress I can assure you..

If I did anything wrong in transporting him without stress to a healthy and happy home where he will receive the care he needs then I'll stand up and take full responsibility..
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649319 is a reply to message #2649315 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  cocochanel  
Dusty_Girl wrote on Mon, 14 May 2012 10:37

Isaboe wrote on Mon, 14 May 2012 08:15

Sometimes the right thing has to be done, he couldn't stay where he was, he wouldn't have got on the float if I did not think it was fair on him, he was alert and ears pricked the whole journey and got off the other end the same way, all measures were taken to ensure he had a safe and comfortable journey and at no time was he under any stress I can assure you..

If I did anything wrong in transporting him without stress to a healthy and happy home where he will receive the care he needs then I'll stand up and take full responsibility..

As will I

R.I.P My beautiful BJ
Re: Zodie has arrived at Harmony Reins [message #2649322 is a reply to message #2649305 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
  AmyK  is currently offline AmyK  
Level 1
mamasue wrote on Mon, 14 May 2012 10:27

Editd for *snap* CL..

The page that comes up for me says DOB being in 1988 and gelding occurring in 1993. My maths works that out to be roughly 5 years of age when gelded?
Previous Topic:calling all horse hippies or groucho, probably groucho...
Next Topic:Chiropractor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 23 01:41:51 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01729 seconds

.:: Home ::.