[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » Advertising - Horses » :)
:) [message #2650596] Tue, 15 May 2012 20:12 Go to next message
  Horse_Lover!  is currently offline Horse_Lover!  
Level 3
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 19 May 2012 10:58]

**CHECK OUT MY CHANNEL** http://www.youtube.com/user/JaydeandNicky?feature=mhee
Re: Beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare [message #2650655 is a reply to message #2650596 ] Tue, 15 May 2012 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Finn  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
No offense but she is worth about $800. She is pretty much a project horse and with the market the way it is, you would be pushing to get anyone to even look at her for that price.

I know of someone looking for a horse like this but not interested in that sort of money. If you will negotiate to a more realistic price please let me know.
Re: Beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare [message #2650861 is a reply to message #2650596 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  wonkey  is currently offline wonkey  
Level 1 - Advanced
Yeah I agree with Finn here, she's not a proven broody and yes her breeding is good but common. And to get that sort of money for a broody she would need to have at least on on the ground racing. As a riding prospect for $2900 she would need to be 100% sound and given she has had lite riding with old owner several years ago and you've not touched her we can almost assume she will have soundness issues or behavioral.
Put a realistic price on her and find her a loving home - in my opinion (I own a tb broodmare who is currently at stud) she is worth no more than $500

Hairy Horse Clipping
hairyhorseclipping.webs.com
hairyhorseclipping@yahoo.com.au
Re: Beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare [message #2651005 is a reply to message #2650861 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  meagan4348  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
wonkey wrote on Wed, 16 May 2012 09:12

Yeah I agree with Finn here, she's not a proven broody and yes her breeding is good but common. And to get that sort of money for a broody she would need to have at least on on the ground racing. As a riding prospect for $2900 she would need to be 100% sound and given she has had lite riding with old owner several years ago and you've not touched her we can almost assume she will have soundness issues or behavioral.
Put a realistic price on her and find her a loving home - in my opinion (I own a tb broodmare who is currently at stud) she is worth no more than $500

Nod Nod Nod
Re: Beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare [message #2651266 is a reply to message #2650596 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  meagan4348  
Horse_Lover! wrote on Tue, 15 May 2012 20:12

Mia is a beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare She has a sweet nature & loves people. She is 17hh and 6 yrs old. Mia is a good doer, she keeps her weight fantastically, never met a tb horse that keeps weight so well! Would be perfect as a brood mare with her bloodlines she is related to Secretariat on her sires side. Her parents are Sire Bell Esprit & Dam Yiri. Originally bought to train for pleasure riding. ( previous owner did some lite riding on her). She hasn't been ridden for 2 yrs and would need re-educating if bought for riding. Included in sale All Rugs Summer/Winter Will only sell to a good & loving home. No time wasters, serious buyers only please.

$2,900 Neg

Located in Baxter Please contact Angela 03 59735085 04 17544371 Email: ang@ rogers.tw

PHOTOS: http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Pets-Horses/Horses-Riding/Hors es-for-Sale/AdNumber=TP005021231

Link to her original add on here-

http://vichorse.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=1363261&a mp;S=f3dea80616ccea731fbc263f6083d852&srch=mia#msg_13632 61
Re: Beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare [message #2651273 is a reply to message #2650596 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  moo_mare  is currently offline moo_mare  
Level 1 - Advanced
Poor girl, it really p**ses me off that someone would sell her on knowing that her knees aren't great, not tell a potential buyer and have her break down...... no danger of her selling with that price tag anyway! Poor thing. Sad
Re: Beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare [message #2651319 is a reply to message #2650596 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sassyk  is currently offline sassyk  
Level 1
I totally second what everyone else is saying - this mare is by no means worth $2,900.

I bought a beautiful, well bred, 16.2 chestnut TB mare just prior to Christmas - she was in work and cost under $1,000 and she is the same age with no conformation issues.

In order to find this lovely girl a home you need to become incredibly realistic on your price. The inclusion of rugs mean absolutely nothing, in my honest opinion.

If I was to buy her as a potential broodmare - and it is only potential because she is unproven and MAY not be able to conceive, especially if she is a good doer - I would offer you a maximum price of $500. I have one of those at the moment and she has spent the past 3.5 months getting only enough feed to survive on to reduce her weight so she will go in foal.

She is nicely bred for performance, but the previous ad that states she had "arthritic changes" in her knees may also affect her broodmare status - she may not hold up to the extra weight of carrying a foal.

Perhaps instead of trying to get some money back on her, you simply advertise her at a price reflecting what she is and she can go to someone who will give her the loving home she deserves, as opposed to standing in a paddock doing nothing while you attempt to make big bucks off her without doing any real work.

If you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
Re: Beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare [message #2651391 is a reply to message #2651319 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  FLrembrant  
Step away from the computer,

My offer still stands to buy her back, Please consider Smile

Proud owner of:
Fernleigh Rembrant &
Black Tie Affair
Re: Beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare [message #2651497 is a reply to message #2651319 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  meagan4348  
sassyk wrote on Wed, 16 May 2012 17:06

I totally second what everyone else is saying - this mare is by no means worth $2,900.

I bought a beautiful, well bred, 16.2 chestnut TB mare just prior to Christmas - she was in work and cost under $1,000 and she is the same age with no conformation issues.

In order to find this lovely girl a home you need to become incredibly realistic on your price. The inclusion of rugs mean absolutely nothing, in my honest opinion.

If I was to buy her as a potential broodmare - and it is only potential because she is unproven and MAY not be able to conceive, especially if she is a good doer - I would offer you a maximum price of $500. I have one of those at the moment and she has spent the past 3.5 months getting only enough feed to survive on to reduce her weight so she will go in foal.

She is nicely bred for performance, but the previous ad that states she had "arthritic changes" in her knees may also affect her broodmare status - she may not hold up to the extra weight of carrying a foal.

Perhaps instead of trying to get some money back on her, you simply advertise her at a price reflecting what she is and she can go to someone who will give her the loving home she deserves, as opposed to standing in a paddock doing nothing while you attempt to make big bucks off her without doing any real work.

Even advertise her for what they paid which is nowhere near what they are asking, it's ashame when it comes down to money and not the welfare
Re: Beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare [message #2651891 is a reply to message #2651497 ] Thu, 17 May 2012 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sassyk  is currently offline sassyk  
Level 1
meagan4348 wrote on Wed, 16 May 2012 20:01

sassyk wrote on Wed, 16 May 2012 17:06

Even advertise her for what they paid which is nowhere near what they are asking, it's ashame when it comes down to money and not the welfare

Too true meagan4348 - the old owner is even offering to buy her back. It's awful Sad

If you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
Re: Beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare [message #2652140 is a reply to message #2651891 ] Thu, 17 May 2012 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eventer75  
Level 5
I have spoke to this Angela. I have spoken to 2 independant bloodstock agents here, both value her at no more than 800. I do believe she is trying to blame her former trainer for the knees. I would not ride a horse with bad knees, however she woulod make a really nice broody. Ive told her i want 2 more evaluations done plus a full vet check done including xrays on the knees- and surprise surprise no response. This girl is hiding something. I am concerned that someone will try get on the mare and either rider or horse or both will get hurt. This is sad.
Re: Beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare [message #2652243 is a reply to message #2652140 ] Thu, 17 May 2012 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  rachaelw  
eventer75 wrote on Thu, 17 May 2012 14:52

I have spoke to this Angela. I have spoken to 2 independant bloodstock agents here, both value her at no more than 800. I do believe she is trying to blame her former trainer for the knees. I would not ride a horse with bad knees, however she woulod make a really nice broody. Ive told her i want 2 more evaluations done plus a full vet check done including xrays on the knees- and surprise surprise no response. This girl is hiding something. I am concerned that someone will try get on the mare and either rider or horse or both will get hurt. This is sad.

Why would you breed with an un-proven horse with conformation fault/'bad knees'??????? Confused

www.lakeviewwarmbloods.com.au
Re: Beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare [message #2652247 is a reply to message #2652243 ] Thu, 17 May 2012 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eventer75  
Level 5
from what i understand, the knees arent a genetic fault. Arthritis can occur after an injury-which may have been sustained in training or the paddock-although this mare is unraced which makes me wander. One way to find out- xrays. you can tell if the arthrits is just changing now-or whether a fault from birth. either way,if you do breed a bad kneed horse, its no guarantee that you would end up with a bad kneed foal
Re: Beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare [message #2652463 is a reply to message #2652247 ] Thu, 17 May 2012 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  meagan4348  
eventer75 wrote on Thu, 17 May 2012 16:34

from what i understand, the knees arent a genetic fault. Arthritis can occur after an injury-which may have been sustained in training or the paddock-although this mare is unraced which makes me wander. One way to find out- xrays. you can tell if the arthrits is just changing now-or whether a fault from birth. either way,if you do breed a bad kneed horse, its no guarantee that you would end up with a bad kneed foal

Why would you even risk it?
TB's are a dime a dozen, there are many out there with clean straight legs.
Have a google search of Bel Esprit Conformation legs, his progeny are known for not having the best legs.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 May 2012 21:00]

Re: Beautiful Bay Thoroughbred Mare [message #2652626 is a reply to message #2652463 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 00:35 Go to previous message
eventer75  
Level 5
Its certainly not worth the risk thats for sure.You are right Meaghan, Bel Esprits dont have the best legs. The more i found out about this poor mare, the worse it got.
Previous Topic:Bertie - Free Lease Option To Right Home
Next Topic:Classy Irish Sport Horse Filly- SOLD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 3 16:59:04 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02089 seconds

.:: Home ::.