[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » General - On Topic » Blocker Tie Rings
Blocker Tie Rings [message #2673752] Mon, 11 June 2012 13:03 Go to next message
  Grove_burger  is currently offline Grove_burger  
Stark, Raving Bonkers

So, who's had experience with using the Blocker Tie rings?

Please tell me the good/bad/ugly?
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2673756 is a reply to message #2673752 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  martina  is currently offline martina  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
Looked at them, but simply found them too expensive .... got plenty of free baling twine Razz
A friend used them and she said they were great. Not sure how and why Laughing but all her's dissapeared from her float whilst she was riding at a competition Shocked !!
She went back to hay band .....
Cheers MARTINA

Visit The City Barn

index.php?t=getfile&id=468031&private=0

Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2673769 is a reply to message #2673752 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  vet@ciderhouse.com.au  is currently offline vet@ciderhouse.com.au  
Level 1

I have them and I love them. I must say that I don't use them on the float because I am worried about them getting stolen. But at home for tying up they are very reliable. The horses can pull a little and the rope runs through the ring but the only time a horse got away was when I didn't use the thing properly and had the tongue around the wrong way Confused
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2673795 is a reply to message #2673752 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  gojumpingxx  is currently offline gojumpingxx  
Level 2
Baling twine is free! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Horses, horses, horses!
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2673799 is a reply to message #2673752 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Grove_burger  is currently offline Grove_burger  
Stark, Raving Bonkers

VHs - in the kindest way - not interested in hearing about bailing twine.
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2673814 is a reply to message #2673799 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grove_burger wrote on Mon, 11 June 2012 14:10

VHs - in the kindest way - not interested in hearing about bailing twine.

Rolls Eyes Teach the horse to tie up properly .... the Blocker Tie rings break as well ! but not as kind and quick as baling twine.
Instead of them maybe try those rubber/elastic leads ? My instructor has one in her wash and that seems to work well. When the horse really pulls back at least you got enough time to get behind it and kindly wack it on the ar$e to stop that nonsene
Cheers MARTINA

Visit The City Barn

Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2673901 is a reply to message #2673752 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  bunny b  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
I have them and they really are fantastic if you have a horse who pulls back. One of mine would go ballistic to the point of hurting herself. Everyone at my agistment ties with twine but she just snapped it with ease. The blocker tie has worked a treat. I started with a lunge line so she could rocket back if needed but she has never taken more than a step or two. I have gradually increased the resistance (the instructions explain how) and now she ties anywhere, anytime for as long as I want. LOVE IT Smile
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2673907 is a reply to message #2673752 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cjohns  is currently offline cjohns  
Level 5
I had been looking at them but with the help of google found this page http://www.goodhorsemanship.com.au/horsetalk/tips/blockertie /blockertie.html
and they work .
hope i did the link right Confused
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2673911 is a reply to message #2673907 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cjohns wrote on Mon, 11 June 2012 17:09

I had been looking at them but with the help of google found this page http://www.goodhorsemanship.com.au/horsetalk/tips/blockertie /blockertie.html
and they work .
hope i did the link right Confused

Ah, that's something different than what I had in mind !!! Interesting Cool
I thought, it was something like this the question was about
index.php?t=getfile&id=514217&private=0
A pack of 4 is $45 plus postage
Cheers MARTINA

Visit The City Barn

Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2673912 is a reply to message #2673907 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  ellabw6  is currently offline ellabw6  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Definitely fixed my horse that wouldn't tie up! Absolutely recommend!! Very Happy

The horse through all its trials has preserved the sweetness of paradise in its blood.
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2673948 is a reply to message #2673752 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Hacker  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
Another thumbs up for them here Smile

I had 17.2hh of chronic pulling back. He was beyond 'fixing' so we just had to deal with it. I had read about them and bought one (about $40 including postage) and not only did he stop the vicious pulling back, but I didn't have to worry about leaving him tied by himself, confident he would be there when I got back.

Apparently you can 'make' them from half of a single jointed snaffle bit, but I would be wary of it breaking.
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2673985 is a reply to message #2673752 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  yarrav  is currently offline yarrav  
Level 1
Not the blocker but have used the Steve Brady figure 8 ring. I used it on a horse which could not be tied solid and snapped string all the time.
Has been very effective and now just tie her to twine, without the ring Smile
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2674052 is a reply to message #2673752 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Lovesagoodpaint  
Step away from the computer,
I think it depends on why your wanting to use one, do you have a horse who pulls back or are you wanting to use one "just incase"?

My trainer uses them ... I always tie hard ... took my filly to his place and she ties up solid no problems, you can tie her anywhere ... he said oh tie her to this, it will be safer .... within 10 mins she has figured out if she tugs tugs rugs then she can slowly release herself ... so I went and tied her up solid, she gave one little tug and went "oh no fair" game over Rolls Eyes ... so I can see for horses who do pull back how this could be useful but for horses who tie well i dont think i would bother.

Everyone wants happiness no one wants pain, Yet you cant have a Rainbow without the Rain!
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2674065 is a reply to message #2673752 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  English Rose  is currently offline English Rose  
Its my party and I'll hoo haa if I want to
I have one of these for my old TB.

He doesnt give to pressure and panics instead.

I find the blocker tie ring great as it releases the pressure and so he doesnt panic.

They can escape if they pull back enough, but I find that as it gives, my horse doesnt really pull back back anymore.

I would really recommend one Very Happy
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2674140 is a reply to message #2674065 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  jovial_jup  
English Rose wrote on Mon, 11 June 2012 20:21

I find the blocker tie ring great as it releases the pressure and so he doesnt panic.

They can escape if they pull back enough, but I find that as it gives, my horse doesnt really pull back back anymore.

Snap. Very Happy

Worked brilliantly for my WB.

The smart ones do work out they can lengthen the rope out. But then those ones I can tie on twine.

I have a high horse that I regularly get on.

Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2674145 is a reply to message #2674140 ] Mon, 11 June 2012 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  bunny b  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
jovial_jup wrote on Mon, 11 June 2012 21:49

English Rose wrote on Mon, 11 June 2012 20:21

Snap. Very Happy

Worked brilliantly for my WB.

The smart ones do work out they can lengthen the rope out. But then those ones I can tie on twine.

Have you tried the level 3 hold? I have worked my girl up through the levels and now she hard ties no worries. Smile
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2674365 is a reply to message #2673752 ] Tue, 12 June 2012 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Safe-T-Tie  is currently offline Safe-T-Tie  
Level 5
Hi Guys,

Safe-T-Tie is a fantastic new product on the market that does not "brake" it pulls apart under 97kg of sudden pressure to avoid injury to the horse. Injury to the horse happens when over 100kg is applied, not to mention damage to expensive tack. Once opened the Safe-T-Tie is reusable, you just put it back together. Bailing twine can be unreliable at the best of times, sometimes breaking under the smallest amount of pressure. Also I have seen some horrific injuries caused be the horse chewing on twine...

We are extremely excited about this fantastic new product which keeps your horse safe and also looks better than bailing twine!
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2674377 is a reply to message #2674365 ] Tue, 12 June 2012 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Groucho  
Safe-T-Tie wrote on Tue, 12 June 2012 10:11

Hi Guys,

Safe-T-Tie is a fantastic new product on the market that does not "brake" it pulls apart under 97kg of sudden pressure to avoid injury to the horse. Injury to the horse happens when over 100kg is applied, not to mention damage to expensive tack. Once opened the Safe-T-Tie is reusable, you just put it back together. Bailing twine can be unreliable at the best of times, sometimes breaking under the smallest amount of pressure. Also I have seen some horrific injuries caused be the horse chewing on twine...

We are extremely excited about this fantastic new product which keeps your horse safe and also looks better than bailing twine!

Ive just brought one of these, but at the time found VERY little information as to how it actually works...thanks for explaining

I went to your website and still found it a little confusing as to how and when it would break apart etc...I even watched the video Laughing

"Safe-T-Tie is a revolutionary way to tie your horse anytime, anywhere, even when you are not right there with him. Portable and reusable, Safe-T-Tie is a horse safety release we believe no horse owner should be without."

Thank you for this additional information

[Updated on: Tue, 12 June 2012 10:29]

Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2674417 is a reply to message #2673752 ] Tue, 12 June 2012 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Holted  is currently offline Holted  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
I LOVE my blocker tie ring!! The original blocker rings, I think their Toklat or something, like the Mylers.

My horse would pull back to the point of injuring herself, it was dangerous for her. Friend told me about these, got one, screwed it in and voila, horse does not pull back anymore.

Like ER's horse she panics, this releases just enough rope to remove pressure and she calms right down. In fact I can now tie her almost anywhere again as it taught her not to panic when tied Cool

index.php?t=getfile&id=514293&private=0

Werribee & District Riding Club Inc. (WDRC):
http://sites.google.com/site/werribeedrc/
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2674428 is a reply to message #2673752 ] Tue, 12 June 2012 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  FCEH  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
I think they are great, even if the horse isn't one that pulls back...they are just nice and easy and you don't need to fiddle round with knots -just loop through once...

BUT the eye bolt and carabiner thingies that come with them are a bit ordinary so I would use better quality fixings - especially if you are attaching to treated pine, cypress pine or another soft wood.
You can get a really good galvanised carabiner for about 5 bucks and eyebolts with 100mm shanks are only a couple of bucks.
Re: Blocker Tie Rings [message #2674517 is a reply to message #2673752 ] Tue, 12 June 2012 12:25 Go to previous message
  Ammo  is currently offline Ammo  

As far as I am concerned, BTR's are the solution to all of the world's misery. Honestly, I can't praise them highly enough and don't understand why more people don't use them. so so so so sooooo safe and effective. Stopped one of my violent puller-backer's from the first time i used one.

what have you got to lose? $45 max? Best piece of mind ever. I won't tie up without one.

they are also extensively used throughout europe in stables of all levels.

Upon further investigation, I am NOT of moose like appearance.
Previous Topic:If your horse has an eye injury
Next Topic:Horse Feed?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 24 01:51:16 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02506 seconds

.:: Home ::.