[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » Breeds » Irish Sport Horses
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2624217 is a reply to message #917 ] Mon, 16 April 2012 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  ponymad  is currently offline ponymad  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
Sal got her first HT placing at Mansfield on the weekend!

Flew over every fence on xc!

3rd place. I'm still excited - I didn't think we had a chance after an average test and a rail in the showjumping, but the xc caused a lot of problems and she was one of the few that jumped clear (she did have a few time penalties, but it was a tough course to make time - only 2 in her section did).
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2624326 is a reply to message #2624217 ] Mon, 16 April 2012 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Emma  
Its my party and I'll hoo haa if I want to

ponymad wrote on Mon, 16 April 2012 14:02

3rd place. I'm still excited - I didn't think we had a chance after an average test and a rail in the showjumping, but the xc caused a lot of problems and she was one of the few that jumped clear (she did have a few time penalties, but it was a tough course to make time - only 2 in her section did).

Well done!!! Very Happy

Toot toot chugga chugga big red car...
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2628543 is a reply to message #2624326 ] Fri, 20 April 2012 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Spottyzebra  
Step away from the computer,
Emma wrote on Mon, 16 April 2012 15:40

Well done!!! Very Happy

ditto! Very Happy

index.php?t=getfile&id=336868&private=0
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2646602 is a reply to message #2628543 ] Thu, 10 May 2012 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dryden62  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
Spottyzebra wrote on Fri, 20 April 2012 17:15

Emma wrote on Mon, 16 April 2012 15:40

Well done!!! Very Happy

ditto! Very Happy

Well done to PM and Sal all set for TTT HT now then! Very Happy
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2646603 is a reply to message #2646602 ] Thu, 10 May 2012 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dryden62  
My Irish ponies are being good!!! Ollie has two days of dressage this weekend and then TTT HT next Saturday!

Bridie had 4 weeks off whilst we went to the UK, but shes working now as well, went for a You Yangs ride and was very good! and hopefully I will get her going and take her out to a comp in the not too distant future!

She is hopefully going to go in foal next season! but good for her to do some work first I reckon!!
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2646605 is a reply to message #2646603 ] Thu, 10 May 2012 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Emma  

dryden62 wrote on Thu, 10 May 2012 17:54

My Irish ponies are being good!!! Ollie has two days of dressage this weekend and then TTT HT next Saturday!

Bridie had 4 weeks off whilst we went to the UK, but shes working now as well, went for a You Yangs ride and was very good! and hopefully I will get her going and take her out to a comp in the not too distant future!

She is hopefully going to go in foal next season! but good for her to do some work first I reckon!!

In foal to who?

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2646726 is a reply to message #2646605 ] Thu, 10 May 2012 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dryden62  
Emma wrote on Thu, 10 May 2012 18:01

In foal to who?

Ive bought some frozen Avanti Amorous Archie semen .. Very Happy Very Happy but I may or may not save that for another year and use someone else for her first baby.

Has anyone here used Goulburn Valley Vet Clinic for AI ing???

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2647116 is a reply to message #2646726 ] Fri, 11 May 2012 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Emma  

dryden62 wrote on Thu, 10 May 2012 20:54

Emma wrote on Thu, 10 May 2012 18:01

In foal to who?

Ive bought some frozen Avanti Amorous Archie semen .. Very Happy Very Happy but I may or may not save that for another year and use someone else for her first baby.

Has anyone here used Goulburn Valley Vet Clinic for AI ing???

Exciting!! But yeah it might be best to use someone else first to find out how fertile she is.

Do you mean Goulburn Valley Equine Hospital? I've never used them for AI, just ultrasound and other things, they are good.

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2647524 is a reply to message #917 ] Fri, 11 May 2012 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Irish Mix  is currently offline Irish Mix  
Level 1
Oooh...There's a few Connemara stallions down your neck of the woods Dry... Cool
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2648556 is a reply to message #2647524 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  kmmac  is currently offline kmmac  
Level 4
Hi folks

Looking for some advice on how much a weanling or yearling ISH would be. Not looking at the next 4* horse but one that would go to ARC level 1 or 1* EFA.

Have been offered one for $6K but wondering if that is too much?
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2648770 is a reply to message #2648556 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  tallyjen  is currently offline tallyjen  
Completely Insane
I don't think it would be too much if it ticks all the boxes. I have seen them cheaper but they may not make a 1* horse.

http://tallyman.webs.com/
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2648948 is a reply to message #2648770 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dryden62  
Depends on what percentage Irish Draught the yearling has as well and bloodlines etc. It also depends on what the Sire and Dam have done etc.

Have you checked it on the Stud Book to make sure it is indeed an ISH! and dont part with any money until you see its Irish Draught Breed Society paperwork!

Ollie has had a terrific weekend!

We went to Leighdale PC Dressage Day and were 3rd and 1st in Grade 3 Dressage on Saturday.

Then today at Inverleigh HRCAV Dressage we finished 2nd in both our Level 3 tests! Very very happy with my grey pony! Very Happy Very Happy
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2649317 is a reply to message #917 ] Mon, 14 May 2012 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks everyone for your congrats. Sal is still doing awesome, another 3rd at Nepean ht, 6th at yackandandah ht , both times finishing on her dressage then just this weekend she came 2nd at a ct on Saturday and pointed up to level 3 ct, went out on the Sunday and did her first level 3 ct and placed 5th!

Dry, Ollie is doing so well! Exciting choosing a stallion. Are you thinking full Irish or a sport?
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2651538 is a reply to message #2649317 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  kmmac  is currently offline kmmac  
Level 4
thanks for your thought on $$$ for a younster, neither sire or dam have competed, but sire does have some progeny that has been successful. None of them are registered with the IDSH.

The breeder wanted $15k for a weanling thats dame had competed at 1* but from the same sire.
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2653064 is a reply to message #2651538 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  CPSportHorses  is currently offline CPSportHorses  
Level 1
I haven't been in here for ages and thought it was about time to post some piccies of Ponti. He is now doing 1* and in preperations for M3DE this year.
Pics from Canberra CNC*
index.php?t=getfile&id=510543&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=510544&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=510545&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=510546&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=510547&private=0
The pony can jump!

• Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 75.22KB, Downloaded 924 time(s))

• Attachment: untitled5.png
    (Size: 73.08KB, Downloaded 913 time(s))

• Attachment: untitled6.png
    (Size: 74.56KB, Downloaded 925 time(s))

• Attachment: untitled3.png
    (Size: 76.72KB, Downloaded 919 time(s))

• Attachment: untitled4.png
    (Size: 78.43KB, Downloaded 903 time(s))

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y324/liss161177/Eventing/FlossAlburyPN10-1-2.jpg
Carrington Park Sport Horses: CP Gulliver, CP Pontiac, CP Platinum
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2654991 is a reply to message #917 ] Sun, 20 May 2012 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ponti looks amazing!

Sal got a 4th in level 4 at ttt. So proud of her, her first season out and she's placed at every ttt. Can't wait to take her level 3.
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2655600 is a reply to message #2654991 ] Mon, 21 May 2012 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dryden62  
Great pics of Ponti!!! Very Happy

and Sal looked awesome going XC .. I watched you and because you made it look so easy I never really bothered watching anyone else and kind of missed all the eliminations at the palisade fence! Shocked Shocked .. well done on your 2nd place with Spirit as well! Very Happy

I had a disappointing score for my dressage for some reason .. I didnt think Ollie felt any different to normal but Im not a judge so who knows! .. anyway 19th after Dressage. Then clear SJ Shocked and clear XC although a bit keen at times and I trotted at a couple which gave us a few time faults! but by far the best XC round we have done to date! We ended up 10th so I was pretty happy with that! Very Happy

index.php?t=getfile&id=510919&private=0

• Attachment: Untitled.jpg
    (Size: 68.28KB, Downloaded 1378 time(s))

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2656197 is a reply to message #2655600 ] Mon, 21 May 2012 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Completely Insane
Well done Dry and PM at TTT. I heard the course was pretty challenging.

Ponti going great guns, does that mean I need to book accommodation at Werribee?

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2657588 is a reply to message #2656197 ] Wed, 23 May 2012 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1
Yes Jen,
That means he's going Shocked
No way would I have ever beleived he'd be doing 1* at Melbourne this soon. I think he'll be a bit overwhelmed and his dressage isn't really up to scratch, but it will be a great learning experience.
Hopefully he copes with the 5days in a stable at Werribee OK, he'll be pretty over it by the time we get home.
Talk soon.

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y324/liss161177/Eventing/FlossAlburyPN10-1-2.jpg
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2660054 is a reply to message #2657588 ] Fri, 25 May 2012 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Completely Insane
Excellent, got to start some time CPS. Very Happy I've booked a room for Sunday night, so will be down for the jumping.

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2661857 is a reply to message #917 ] Mon, 28 May 2012 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Spottyzebra  
Ponti will go excellent. How exciting! Smile Dryden I love that XC pic of Ollie, he looks keen as.

I'm sorry but I have to have a little self-indulgent brag that I'm so proud of Bridey. She went to a Manola Mendaz clinic last night and was so well behaved. Especially considering it was her 1st time in an indoor, it was getting dark outside so it was under lights, and pelting down with rain - and we all know what that can sound like on a huge tin roof. She didn't blink an eyelid and was just so relaxed and focused, even though at one stage there was another horse being lunged at the other end of the arena and it was going mental. I don't think she even looked at it.

It was funny though because the horse before her was some huge immaculate WB and both horse and rider were dressed to impress with all the expensive gear and boots, and when Bridey stepped out of the float she looked like the biggest scruff bucket. Her hairs so long & scruffy, mane half way down her neck, old all purpose saddle, old puffer pads, and her rider was wearing flouro yellow leggings. Laughing Funnily enough none of that got noticed when she was out there and Manola did not once make any snobby comments or treat her any differently to what he did the horse before. I have to say I was very impressed with him and the time he spent doing ground work with her as well.

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2664937 is a reply to message #2661857 ] Thu, 31 May 2012 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Danib87  is currently offline Danib87  
Level 1
This is my first time in this thread and have been admiring all of your gorgeous ISH!!

I currently own a 15.1hh Grey Registered WB mare. I am TALL and want to breed her with something tall and have always had a soft spot for the ISH.

Could anyone recommend a good stallion to breed my mare with? I am wanting something big, bold, most likely grey, who I will eventually be used for Eventing.

Smile

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2665577 is a reply to message #2664937 ] Thu, 31 May 2012 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1
Hi Dani,
My boy is by tallyjen's lovely big stallion Tallyman.
Ponti has the best nature and all the talent in the world, just a bit too lazy but still a great eventing type.
If you are after height I can strongly recommend having a chat to Jen, Ponti is 17.3h and is out of a lucky to be 15h mare. Don't know about your chances of getting grey, Tallyman is chestnut but you could get lucky.
Good luck.

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2665935 is a reply to message #917 ] Fri, 01 June 2012 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Spottyzebra  
I really like the look of Tally too, I'm thinking about using him as a future husband for my little ISH mare down the track. Smile

As for tall greys, Ballycastle Cruising is about 17.3hh I think, I don't know if his progeny are more suited to showjumping or eventing, but with Cruising in the the family tree they should be able to jump. Another one is Kilharken, he has a really nice son competing 3* - Barrel of Fun. Another one I am planning on using down the track is the Irish Draught stallion Baltydaniel Breeze. All of the foals I have seen of his have been stunning, really lovely looking and well put together with plenty of bone. I am sure there are heaps others if you look on www.idshs.com.au they have a listing of all the ID and ISH stallions so this should help you. Smile

On a side note Icarus Frosty has recently started 1* and is going really well, but he may be too small & he's also a chestnut. Another one out on the circuit at the moment is the Irish Draught Flagmount's Leopold. I'm not sure if he is 1* or not yet, but he seems to be doing well too and he is huge as well (but chestnut). I have 2 by Eireann Cormac, and they both have awesome temperaments but his oldest foal crop are only 4yo's so as yet have not proven themselves, but once again really good jumping bloodlines. Smile

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2666127 is a reply to message #917 ] Fri, 01 June 2012 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want grey, best place to start is to have your mare tested to see if she's hetero or homo for grey. If she's homozygous then ALL of her offspring will grey out anyway. If not you have a 50% chance. Grey is a dominant gene so if she contributes grey you'll get grey.

I brought my little pinto mare home today... Saw her frosty baby on the ultra sound and she is huge already and not due til December. Sal was so happy to have her friend back.
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2666415 is a reply to message #2666127 ] Fri, 01 June 2012 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Completely Insane
Hi Dani,
Tally does produce big/tall types and great jumpers. However there is only one grey out there and her mum was a grey. They are all chestnut or bay. He is standing at stud this year, PM me if you would like more info.

SZ glad to hear you had a great clinic.

I'm itching to get out and compete, shame it's now winter and I am getting over the flu, so I haven't ridden all week Sad . Booked the indoor tomorrow, looking forward to it. Once I get this canter right there will be no stopping us. Only problem with big horses, they take a bit to sort out them legs.

My 2 gorgeous kids Cool
index.php?t=getfile&id=512683&private=0

• Attachment: CHipharry.JPG
    (Size: 60.10KB, Downloaded 714 time(s))

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2666515 is a reply to message #2665935 ] Fri, 01 June 2012 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dryden62  
Spottyzebra wrote on Fri, 01 June 2012 11:47

Another one out on the circuit at the moment is the Irish Draught Flagmount's Leopold. I'm not sure if he is 1* or not yet, but he seems to be doing well too and he is huge as well (but chestnut).

FNF Flagmount Leopold is doing Preliminary Eventing this year and finished 9th at his 2nd comp at Quirinda in May! Very Happy Beautiful horse and similar lines to Avanti Amorous Archie who is Ollies dad!

Cool Cool Very Happy Very Happy

Ive chosen the 'husbands' for my mare for this year and for next! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2667796 is a reply to message #2664937 ] Sun, 03 June 2012 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  jovial_jup  
Danib87 wrote on Thu, 31 May 2012 10:05

This is my first time in this thread and have been admiring all of your gorgeous ISH!!

I currently own a 15.1hh Grey Registered WB mare. I am TALL and want to breed her with something tall and have always had a soft spot for the ISH.

Could anyone recommend a good stallion to breed my mare with? I am wanting something big, bold, most likely grey, who I will eventually be used for Eventing.

Smile

Best bet would be to breed with a grey stallion.
But... you still might not get grey. If either is homozygous you will get grey.
I would go for a jumping line as it is more inheritable. Doesn't matter about the colour. Very Happy Cruising lines would be my pick.

Our grey ISH mare has 2 grey parents. She is not homozygous.
Her 2 children are chestnut and bay. Different stallions but both brown.

I have a high horse that I regularly get on.

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2674949 is a reply to message #430217 ] Tue, 12 June 2012 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Equivarna  
Emma wrote on Mon, 17 December 2007 13:50

Rachel wrote on Sun, 16 December 2007 08:45

Where is Paul Buckland located? Does he have a website? If so, what is the address, also where is he located?
Thanks

Hi Rachel, Paul is located in Wangaratta, no he doesn't have a website, as far as I am aware, and he is located in Wangaratta. Cool

If no one has told you already, I can look up his phone number for you. Smile

Emma wrote on Sat, 15 December 2007 17:31

My Raffles mare China (Ashmead Cupiedoll) had a bay filly this morning, 4am. Both mum and daughter are doing well. 'Ruby' is by Coleraine Redemption, and I think would just about be his last foal.
index.php?t=getfile&id=61517&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=61518&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=61519&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=61520&private=0

In a strange twist of fate, both China and Paul Buckland are right here. Laughing Must be my magnetic personality. Cool

If a man says something in the forest, and no woman is there to hear him; is he still wrong?
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2676627 is a reply to message #2674949 ] Thu, 14 June 2012 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dryden62  
So are you going to breed an Irish baby Equivarna??

Ollie and I had a great weekend .... did the first round of the BEDS dressage at Elcho Park ... 2nd in our first test (out of 30 - Level 3 ) Shocked then he was a bit flat in the second test so we only managed mid field ... but very happy with the way things are going at the moment Very Happy Very Happy

So Ive joined EA and Ollie was microchipped yesterday so hopefully we will be out doing some EA dressage soon! Very Happy Very Happy

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2676634 is a reply to message #2676627 ] Thu, 14 June 2012 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Emma  

dryden62 wrote on Thu, 14 June 2012 16:56

So are you going to breed an Irish baby Equivarna??

Ollie and I had a great weekend .... did the first round of the BEDS dressage at Elcho Park ... 2nd in our first test (out of 30 - Level 3 ) Shocked then he was a bit flat in the second test so we only managed mid field ... but very happy with the way things are going at the moment Very Happy Very Happy

So Ive joined EA and Ollie was microchipped yesterday so hopefully we will be out doing some EA dressage soon! Very Happy Very Happy

I think they have enough horses already! Shocked

P.S. Well done on your 2nd place! Smile

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2677365 is a reply to message #917 ] Fri, 15 June 2012 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Emma  

I can't ride my horses ATM, and for some strange reason I have a strong urge to put one of my mares in foal . . . Rolls Eyes

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2680733 is a reply to message #917 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Spottyzebra  
China's lovely, and looking at that foal would make me clucky too! I want to get a baby out of Bridey too but not for a few years yet. She's not long back from the breakers and I am so impressed with how she is coming along. She's quiet forward but I have been told that the Branigan's Pride horses often are? I have to laugh at her going into canter as it feels like she's going to take off for a few strides but then she settles into it (thank god! Surprised ). Laughing

Go Ollie! Are you going to event him EA as well, or just stick with dressage? Oh and you didn't tell us the stallions you are using? I'm presuming Archie and Leopold? Smile

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2691890 is a reply to message #917 ] Tue, 03 July 2012 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Kalimna  is currently offline Kalimna  
Level 4
index.php?t=getfile&id=517584&private=0HI all, haven't been on here much but love reading how all your ISH are going :)We breed ISH and stand the stallion Çallaghan. check him out on our website kalimnairishsport.com we have a selection of youngstock always available generally they are all ISH X WB and around the 15.3 - 16.2hh mark.
Here is a pic of KALIMNA BARNEY, 5yo, 16hh ISH gelding FOR SALE.
Barney free jumps 140cm, is training up to 120cm under saddle and competing up to 110cm, he has X-country schooled and was fantastic,Super sensible temp, quiet enough to suit junior wishing to compete at a high level :)$8000 Ph Benni 0414667778 for further info

Kalimna Irish Sport Horses
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2699105 is a reply to message #917 ] Thu, 12 July 2012 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  kosterlady3858  is currently offline kosterlady3858  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Hi everyone, i have absolutly no idea about this breed Embarassed
I'm looking at purchasing a ISH from a lady, his not registered but she said she knows his sire is Celtic Gold, does anyone know anything about this stallion? Very Happy
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2699190 is a reply to message #2699105 ] Thu, 12 July 2012 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 4
Hi, Not sure how old the horse is you are looking at?? however Celtic Gold was born in 1992 and was then exported to Ireland about ten years ago as a grandprix showjumper, Our stallion 'Callaghan (10yo)' Grandsire is Çeltic Gold, Would be interesting to know if the horse you are looking at is actually by Celtic gold or more than likely his grand sire. but lovely horses that can jump Smile

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2699269 is a reply to message #2699190 ] Thu, 12 July 2012 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Kalimna wrote on Thu, 12 July 2012 13:40

Hi, Not sure how old the horse is you are looking at?? however Celtic Gold was born in 1992 and was then exported to Ireland about ten years ago as a grandprix showjumper, Our stallion 'Callaghan (10yo)' Grandsire is Çeltic Gold, Would be interesting to know if the horse you are looking at is actually by Celtic gold or more than likely his grand sire. but lovely horses that can jump Smile

Thanks for that info Kalimna, he is 10/11 years old. I'm really excited about venturing into the world of ISH Smile I have some photos of him but not sure whether the owner would appreciate me putting them up Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=518762&private=0
I cut the owner out

index.php?t=getfile&id=518763&private=0

• Attachment: DSC02813.JPG
    (Size: 92.05KB, Downloaded 439 time(s))

• Attachment: DSC02801.JPG
    (Size: 95.86KB, Downloaded 427 time(s))

[Updated on: Thu, 12 July 2012 15:18]

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2699451 is a reply to message #2699269 ] Thu, 12 July 2012 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 4
He looks lovely:) You will love going Irish:) They generally have fantastic temperments, Good luck, hope everything works out for you:)

Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2699605 is a reply to message #2699105 ] Thu, 12 July 2012 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dryden62  
kosterlady3858 wrote on Thu, 12 July 2012 11:39

I'm looking at purchasing a ISH from a lady, his not registered but she said she knows his sire is Celtic Gold, does anyone know anything about this stallion? Very Happy

Nice horse but .....

Do your homework, google, google and google again! .... he is branded so someone cared enough about him to do that. Its therefore unlikely that they just didnt bother registering him!!!

Get someone to do a search of his brands on the ASB Register .. he wouldnt be the first chunky TB to be passed off as an Irish Sport Horse!!!

The women who owns him now may well believe he is an Irish Sport Horse but I still wouldnt be paying decent money for an 'alleged' ISH !!!! Smile Smile

Good luck! Smile
Re: Irish Sport Horses [message #2699618 is a reply to message #2699605 ] Thu, 12 July 2012 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
dryden62 wrote on Thu, 12 July 2012 21:28

kosterlady3858 wrote on Thu, 12 July 2012 11:39

Nice horse but .....

Do your homework, google, google and google again! .... he is branded so someone cared enough about him to do that. Its therefore unlikely that they just didnt bother registering him!!!

Get someone to do a search of his brands on the ASB Register .. he wouldnt be the first chunky TB to be passed off as an Irish Sport Horse!!!

The women who owns him now may well believe he is an Irish Sport Horse but I still wouldnt be paying decent money for an 'alleged' ISH !!!! Smile Smile

Good luck! Smile

Thanks Dyrden, will do my homework tomorrow!

This is what she said "His sire is on his EA registration I think and the previous owners bought him directly from the breeders."

Also how do i go about getting someone to search his brands? I've emailed the president and secretary of the association?

So i'll find out who the breeders were Smile

Oh and just found out his reg with EA as Celtic Christo

[Updated on: Thu, 12 July 2012 23:55]

Previous Topic:Cleveland Bays
Next Topic:The Viking Horse/Pony thread: Fjords & Icelandics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 22 18:59:41 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.43295 seconds

.:: Home ::.