[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » General - On Topic » Don Stewart Dressage Saddle
Don Stewart Dressage Saddle [message #2716316] Sat, 04 August 2012 23:01 Go to next message
  Quillxx  is currently offline Quillxx  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
I was wondering if any one has, or has ridden in a Don stewart dressage saddle?

Are they nice to ride in?

What is the quality like? What are they worth?

Cheers Quillxx

index.php?t=getfile&id=504003&private=0

RIP Maximum Impact 1994-2010

"Black gear makes the extensions better, and a V browband aids in passage." comic

"You tell a gelding, you ask a mare and you discuss it with a stallion."
Re: Don Stewart Dressage Saddle [message #2716354 is a reply to message #2716316 ] Sun, 05 August 2012 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  selby_21  is currently offline selby_21  
Step away from the computer,
i have for many years, on the show galloway i learnt on then a tb ive been riding for a few months. i loved it although it gave me a sore butt every now and then, its a bit hard but i think it might just be old. however it 'put' me in a lovely position and helped me keep my legs back and sit the tbs huuuge extended trot and canter! but i dont think it suits every horse

love it!
Re: Don Stewart Dressage Saddle [message #2716571 is a reply to message #2716316 ] Sun, 05 August 2012 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  hf15  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
a friend has a 16" don stewart for sale, looks to be a really nice saddle, she has a county in that size as well so doesnt need it. i could never fit in it so i have never tried it, but it looks to have a nice, deep seat, and fits a variety of horses well
Re: Don Stewart Dressage Saddle [message #2716578 is a reply to message #2716571 ] Sun, 05 August 2012 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Thanks for both replies!

I am looking at one already. I had just never heard of the brand before.

"Black gear makes the extensions better, and a V browband aids in passage." comic

Re: Don Stewart Dressage Saddle [message #2716880 is a reply to message #2716578 ] Sun, 05 August 2012 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  KLB4  is currently offline KLB4  
Level 1
They are great quality Australian hand made saddles. I have ridden in a few and would buy one in a heartbeat.

If it was made by Don it would be quite an old saddle, but still well worth it if it is in an acceptable condition. Don's son Graeme was making saddles after Don retired but I am not sure whether Graeme is making anymore either.

Don's saddlery was near where I used to catch the bus to school and it was the most gorgeous old buidling with the full workshop. It was heaven!!!! Smile

(if you wanted to see what you can find by googling the surname is Stuart)

[Updated on: Sun, 05 August 2012 22:21]

Re: Don Stewart Dressage Saddle [message #2719091 is a reply to message #2716880 ] Wed, 08 August 2012 23:14 Go to previous message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
KLB4 wrote on Sun, 05 August 2012 22:19

They are great quality Australian hand made saddles. I have ridden in a few and would buy one in a heartbeat.

If it was made by Don it would be quite an old saddle, but still well worth it if it is in an acceptable condition. Don's son Graeme was making saddles after Don retired but I am not sure whether Graeme is making anymore either.

Don's saddlery was near where I used to catch the bus to school and it was the most gorgeous old buidling with the full workshop. It was heaven!!!! Smile

(if you wanted to see what you can find by googling the surname is Stuart)

wow that is really interesting to know! thankyou. Looks like the one im looking at may be a good choice. what would they be worth? does anyone know?

Previous Topic:Who knows Oscar? Update with brand photo!
Next Topic:Ivens Reserve
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 23 23:56:40 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01634 seconds

.:: Home ::.