[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » Fires » HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS
HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985440] Mon, 09 February 2009 11:56 Go to next message
  mbqh  is currently offline mbqh  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
Hi Form is setting up a hay exchange to assist those who have been caught up in the devastating bush fires all over our state.

How can you get involved?

For anyone that has any spare hay, good, bad, old, fresh, oaten, meadow, lucerne, ANYTHING please phone Nicci at Hi Form on 03 9798 1000 so we can put you on the list. We will also take chaffs, grains, anything you have basically. We will match up people who need feed with those who have any spare and try to help the people who are trying to pick up the pieces and who don't need the stress of finding feed for their horses on top of everything else.

For those who have lost property, feed and need assistance please also phone Nicci on 03 9798 1000 and she will help get this to you as soon as possible. If you horse has suffered burns or inhalation we would also like you to let us know on the same number as free product and treatment advice is also available to you.

For those with no hay to give but you want to help, please phone your horsey friends and ask them if they can help out with this program, or if you have transport and can help transport the hay to people in need let us know, once again the number is 03 9798 1000.

Thank you for your time and our hearts go out to all of you involved in this tragedy.

Nicci and the Hi Form team

---------------------------------------------------------
DROP OFF POINTS ARE NOW ORGANISED TO RECEIVE AND DISTRIBUTE DONATIONS. THESE HAVE BEEN ORGANISED BY COUNCILS, DPI, INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES AND PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS. THEY ARE MONITORED POINTS AND ALL HAY AND FODDER WILL BE DELIVERED TO THOSE WHO NEED IT MOST. THE FOCUS OF OUR HAY EXCHANGE IS TO ASSIST THOSE WHO HAVE NO FEED FOR THEIR ANIMALS, WHETHER THEY OWN 40 HORSES OR A SHEEP AND A COW IN THEIR BACKYARD AS EVERYONE WAS TREATED EQUALLY BY THESE FIRES AND WE INTEND TO DO THE SAME.

ANYONE WHO HAS HAY OR FODDER, NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH MYSELF AND/OR THE DROP OFF POINTS SO WE CAN KEEP TRACK OF THE NUMBERS WE ARE RECEIVING. OUR GENEROUS DONATIONS HAVE EXCEEDED 2,000 BALES AND COUNTING. BUCKETS, LEADS, ETC WILL ALSO BE ACCEPTED BUT MOST NEEDED RIGHT NOW IS FEED.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT TAKING YOUR TIME EITHER GETTING TO THE DROP OFF POINTS AS OUR BIGGEST CHALLENGE WILL BE STILL GETTING HOLD OF FEED FOR THE MANY WEEKS TO COME AS THIS WILL NOT BE EASILY FIXED.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE BEEN SO WONDERFUL AND GENEROUS, WE ARE THRILLED WITH THE RESPONSE AND ARE DEEPLY HUMBLED BY THE WAY IN WHICH ALL OF YOU AND ALL OF VICTORIA HAS BEEN CARING FOR THOSE IN NEED.

DROP OFF POINTS: PLEASE SAVE AND DISTRIBUTE THE CONTACT LIST ATTACHED TO THIS POST!!!!!

1. WARRAGUL
ROUND BALES PLEASE DELIVER TO THE WARRAGUL CYCLING TRACK AND SQUARE BALES TO THE COUNCIL DEPOT. YOU MUST PHONE BEFORE DELIVERING WITH NUMBERS. ORGANISED BY BAW BAW SHIRE COUNCIL.

2. BUNYIP AND BAYLES
PLEASE DELIVER FEED OF ALL TYPES TO BUNYIP RECREATION RESERVE, LONGWARRY ROAD, BUNYIP. PLACE FEED IN LARGE SHED BEHIND STOCK YARD. IF DELIVERING TO BAYLES PLEASE TAKE TO THE BAYLES CFA DEPOT. YOU MUST PHONE BEFORE DELIVERING WITH NUMBERS.
CONTACT: CARLEEN ELLEGE 0458 413 573 OR 0458 413 574 OR TIM AT CARDINIA SHIRE 0438 539 560 OR 0458 413 572

3. WHITTLESEA
ALL DELIVERIES TO THE VET PRACTICE, 9 LAUREL STREET, WHITTLESEA. THE VET PRACTICE ARE OFFERING FREE VET TREATMENT AND ADVICE TO ALL ANIMALS EFFECTED BY THE FIRES.
CONTACT - JENINE 03 9716 2495

4. BENDIGO/REDESDALE
ALL DELIVERIES WILL BE STORED ON PRIVATE PROPERTY IN A LARGE HAY SHED. 153 MCNIFFS ROAD, REDESDALE. YOU MUST PHONE PRIOR TO DELIVERING AS THIS IS PRIVATE PROPERTY!!
CONTACT - ANDREW CAMPBELL 03 5425 3153 OR 0428 253 104

4a BENDIGO
ALL DELIVERIES CAN BE DIRECTED TO THE BENDIGO SHOW GROUNDS, HAY AND FODDER WILL BE STORED IN THE SHEEP PAVILLION AND DISTRIBUTED THROUGHOUT THE REGION AND VICTORIA WHERE NEEDED.

5. EAST GIPPSLAND
A WORK IN PROGRESS AT THE MOMENT, PLEASE PHONE ME ON 03 9798 1000 IF YOU WISH TO DONATE OR CARLEE KNIGHT AT THE BAIRNSDALE HORSE CENTRE 03 5153 0808 AS WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON A DROP OFF POINT FOR THIS REGION BUT CARLEE MAY BE ABLE TO TAKE IT HOME INITIALLY.

6. PURNIM FOR WARRNAMBOOL AREA
ALL DELIVERIES WILL BE KEPT AT PRIVATE PROPERTY IN PURNIM FOR DISTRIBUTION. ROGER LEARMONTH FROM THE VFF WILL BE RECEIVING ALL DELIVERIES AND PLEASE NOTE THIS STOCK PILE WILL BE FOR DISTRIBUTION FOR SMALL FARMS AND HORSES AS PRIORITY AND WE THANK THE VFF FOR THEIR ASSISTANCE WITH THIS!
CONTACT: ROGER LEARMONTH 0427 504 930 FOR ADDRESS DETAILS AND DIRECTIONS. PLEASE NOTE ROGER HAS EQUIPMENT TO HANDLE ANY TYPE OF HAY SO ROUNDS AND LARGE SQUARES ARE WELCOME.

6a. WARRNAMBOOL
ALL DELIVERIES CAN BE DIRECTED TO 9 WAIKATO COURT, WARRNAMBOOL. CAN ALSO PICK UP FROM YOU AND THIS IS PREFERRED. PLEASE PHONE BEFORE DROPPING ANY FEED OFF ON 0434 825 064.

7. LILYDALE FOR ALL YARRA RANGES
PLEASE TAKE ANYTHING FROM HAY, CHAFF TO BUCKETS, TROUGHS, RUGS, LEADROPES, YARRA RANGES SHIRE HAVE ASKED FOR ANYTHING YOU CAN SPARE. ALL DELIVERIES TO LILYDALE LAKE OVERFLOW CAR PARK, SWANSEA ROAD, LILYDALE. PLEASE CHECK MELWAY REF 38 G8 AND LOOK FOR THE P SYMBOL AS THIS CAR PARK IS NOT CURRENTLY SIGNED FOR DONATIONS BUT WILL BE ASAP. CONTACT FOR THIS REGION IS THE LOVELY LEANNE ON 03 9294 6344.

ANY QUESTIONS, QUERIES OR INFORMATION NEEDED, CONTACT ME ON 03 9798 1000 OR 0432 558 165 A/H AND I AM HERE TO HELP. CALL FOR FRIENDS, FAMILY AS MOST WILL BE TOO DISRAUGHT TO LOOK FOR HELP ON THE INTERNET!! ALL THIS INFORMATION ALSO AVAILABLE AT WWW.HIFORM.COM.AU SO CHECK THERE TOO.

I AM AVAILABLE 24/7

THANKS FOR ALL THE ASSISTANCE,

TAKE CARE

NICCI

[Updated on: Sat, 05 January 2013 11:41] by Moderator

Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985534 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAVE NO IDEA WHY THE WELFARE OF HORSES HAS BEEN MOVED TO OFF TOPIC BUT ANYWAYS...

I HAVE PEOPLE ON THE 'HAY NEEDED' LIST SO PLEASE PHONE ME IF YOU HAVE EVEN A BALE OR HAY OR A BAG OF FEED!!

THANKS!
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985538 is a reply to message #985534 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  suew1001  
Out of my way, I am in the midst of a hoo haa monologue
It was moved so all today's relevant topics are grouped together. Hopefully this will make accessing help easier for those that need it. Also, for those who can offer assistance and/or donations.

http://www.southeasterndc.com/sues_folder/Phillipsignature.jpg

If you're not prepared to be part of the solution, then you forfeit your right to complain!
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985549 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah no worries, didn't realise all the fire stuff was in here, didn't think to look...

Sorry! Take it as me being stressed my 'hay needed' pile is SO much bigger than 'hay available'!

Thanks for all the great work you are doing on the site! Smile
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985563 is a reply to message #985549 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  suew1001  
No worries. Thankyou for what you're all doing! Very Happy

http://www.southeasterndc.com/sues_folder/Phillipsignature.jpg

If you're not prepared to be part of the solution, then you forfeit your right to complain!
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985566 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Caz no 2  is currently offline Caz no 2  
Completely Insane
Hi Nicci,

Please see my post about the Officer Grain Store, we already have pallets of Hygain feed donated and over $1000 in an account for people affected by the fires. If you have people in need of goods now, please let me know.

Cheers

Caz no 2
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985570 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  polocrossebabe
Its my party and I'll hoo haa if I want to

hi guy, just been onto B & S STOCKFEED in banno. they are getting together some feed to add to what Kassie and i have been able to beg, borrow and steal. i have a 3-horse truck so we are going to load that up sans dividers and bring it to those in need. while we are at it we can take up any of the other goodies, such as bridles, rugs and what have you. i believe feather is a drop off point for geelong so perhaps if you can aim to have the gear to her by tonight so we can do the feed run in the morning. feed can be delivered to me at teesdale, feather or kassie.

B & S Stockfeed are providing free, chaf, pellets and some cat and dog feed.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 February 2009 13:32]

polocrosse...king of the one-horse sports.
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985580 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dragonwood  is currently offline dragonwood  
Step away from the computer,
i had an idea but it may not work

What about if we get ppl to put in donations for a load of hay from a truck to come down for the fire victims. Does that make sense?

that way we can perhaps have over 250+ bales down here

“No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle”
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985588 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Caz, we are currently getting and matching hay up for a number of people in Kinglake West region and some poor souls near Bendigo, but will pass on your details for anyone near Bunyip area etc.

Dragonwood - great idea for people in easy reach of each other, so if I get a group of people in the one area I will let you know and we can look in to this, keep the ideas coming!!!

Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985608 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Bellazeus  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
Please contact the victorian farmers federation.. when we had fires come through and destroy our sheds they delivered truckloads of hay for the neighbours to share. They are doing the same again now.
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985662 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Wyndara  
Great idea Dragonwood. I'm short in feed myself, but am more than happy to donate money towards a truckload of hay.
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985686 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING GENEROSITY OF EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM WE ARE NOW ASKING YOU ALL TO HANG BY YOUR PHONE TOMORROW AS WE WILL BE ATTEMPTING TO ORGANISE DROP OFF POINTS FOR HAY IN WHITTLESEA, GARFIELD OR BUNYIP, AND BENDIGO AREA TBA.

THIS WAY PEOPLE CAN DROP OFF OR PICK UP HAY FROM ONE LOCATION CENTRAL TO THE EFFECTED AREAS.

KEEP THE OFFERS COMING, AND THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP. ALSO, VISIT THE PROJECT HOPE SITE AND REGISTER WHAT YOU HAVE AVAILABLE.

THANKS AGAIN! Smile
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985705 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  bayview  
Hay ispretty scarce here atm... but i will see what i can muster up - i know we have some old stuff - but its old and OH may decide it is unfit for consumption... but will see what i can do...

"I'm not Heartless, I just view the world different to you..."

"The foxes we shoot, save the wildlife you love"
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985712 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah trust me, musty old hay would still be preferable to black stalks! Smile

Thanks for the help!
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985761 is a reply to message #985712 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  megany  
Hi Nicci Smile ,
Should have told me about this when i was there this morning Smile , i have 20 bales of nice grass hay that you can have.

Cheers, Megan Smile .
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985772 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome, and yeah, I shoud have, my brain is in overdrive and I think some parts have conked out! Embarassed

Will put you down and hopefully have your donation sent to Whittlesea or Bunyip.

Stand by for confirmation as then anyone will be able to take their donations directly to the drop off points. We still ask people to let us know what they are donating so we can keep a track of it though when this happens.

Thanks again!!
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985775 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  polocrossebabe

Have been offere 30 rounds of lucerne free. outside is water damaged but fine otherwise. McColls transport in geelong are gonna load them for us and take them to whittlesea. i am are co-ordinating that now. can you tell me when and where you need them?

have just been told the feed store in thompson rd geelong has another 4 rounds of too that will be going up.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 February 2009 15:09]

Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985787 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stand by as Whittlesea Vet is right now organising the drop off point for their area, I will phone you later tonight or first thing in the morning to let you know the address details and thank you SO much!!! They are thrilled as there have been a lot of help for dogs, cats, etc but they have been unable to get feed for the horses effected.

Hooray for VicHorse Forum in assisting these poor horses and their devastated owners. I will be heading up to Whittlesea myself tomorrow or Wednesday so anyone who has buckets, lead ropes etc or more feed please get in touch so you can head up with me or I can collect feed from you to drop off.
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985809 is a reply to message #985787 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Sir Bohart  
Level 1 - Advanced
I have just rang nicci and put my
donation of oaten lucern chaff and 3 round bales Smile

Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985834 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks SO much and getting very close to finally securing our regulated drop off points!!

Anyone who has time to work on the drop off points can also get in touch - we have to ensure the hay is going to needy people - not thieves - so it is taking a little longer than I was hoping to sort out!!
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #985838 is a reply to message #985834 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  polocrossebabe

mbqh wrote on Mon, 09 February 2009 15:34

Thanks SO much and getting very close to finally securing our regulated drop off points!!

Anyone who has time to work on the drop off points can also get in touch - we have to ensure the hay is going to needy people - not thieves - so it is taking a little longer than I was hoping to sort out!!

no problemo. don't want any looters getting their hands on a few thousand dollars worth of hay that's for sure.

Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #986128 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  edensgofer  is currently offline edensgofer  
Level 4

We at Rich River Equestrian Club are currently trying to organise a semi load of feed through donations from the Echuca & surrounding areas. If clubs & individuals from the Northern area of the State are wondering how they can help, donations of cash towards paying for the feed would be wonderful & so beneficial. Have been advised to sit tight until they can get better organised at Whittlesea. Our donation would also be to assist the generous people who have offered adgistment to the many needy. I've been told that so many still unable to access their properties to assess the damage & to attend to their animals. Anyone wanting to assist us can email me at: denifire@bigpond.com
Also, if people affected in Bendigo need feed, let me know as I can bring a trailer load of hay.
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #986276 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  happyhacks  is currently offline happyhacks  
Step away from the computer,

Hi Nicci please have a look at the phhwv website www.phhwv.org.au and contact us if we can assist.
A coordinated effort is the best response and what we are currently working towards
thanks

Happy Hacks
Equine Massage Therapy
Servicing Victoria 0403305997
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #986470 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  megsie86  is currently offline megsie86  
my horse died in the fire Sad he was burnt to death but we managed to save 3 of mine they have some burns on their backs but nothing serious i have treated them and given penicillon and bute for pain reliefe. We managed to save some hay so we still have some left.
All our grass is gone everything is burnt our whole 208 acres is gone just black Sad. ( other horses died on my property as well with my boy Sad. If anyone needs help i can assist in helping take stuff to people. I don't need anything i just want to help others with their suffering because i know how it feels i have lost almost everything

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SM-Notley-Excavations/5117127 55547535

www.korunnavalleystation.webs.com

'Allegra' born 23/12/10 beautiful chestnut filly Smile
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #986708 is a reply to message #985608 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  black&white  is currently offline black&white  
Completely Insane
Bellazeus wrote on Mon, 09 February 2009 13:28

Please contact the victorian farmers federation.. when we had fires come through and destroy our sheds they delivered truckloads of hay for the neighbours to share. They are doing the same again now.

hi i got a heap of pdf files sent to me for forms if you need help from VFF. can send them onto you via email, ust PM me Very Happy
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #986764 is a reply to message #986708 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  bella  is currently offline bella
Level 1 - Advanced
I have just advertised on our local SA website Aushorse for any horse feed and supplies. Can someone pm me on details of who I can delegate with in Vic to get it into the right places. Im sure we can come up with a couple of truck loads... Also if anyone has any transport contacts that do the VIC SA run would also be great!
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #986893 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  gunnerbear  is currently offline gunnerbear
Level 1 - Advanced
I have asked members of our club to bring rugs, feed, bandages etc along to our club rally this weekend so hopefully we will get a decent amount of supplies to help some of u out. Very Happy
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #987003 is a reply to message #986470 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dally  is currently offline dally  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
megsie86 wrote on Mon, 09 February 2009 19:20

my horse died in the fire Sad he was burnt to death but we managed to save 3 of mine they have some burns on their backs but nothing serious i have treated them and given penicillon and bute for pain reliefe. We managed to save some hay so we still have some left.
All our grass is gone everything is burnt our whole 208 acres is gone just black Sad. ( other horses died on my property as well with my boy Sad. If anyone needs help i can assist in helping take stuff to people. I don't need anything i just want to help others with their suffering because i know how it feels i have lost almost everything

I am so sorry to hear that megsie86 - how dreadful for you Sad
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #987063 is a reply to message #987003 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  kcmason  is currently offline kcmason  
Level 1 - Advanced

Ok we are having a hay drive also.

So far we have 30 round bales and over 100 small- all mixed- lucernce, clover, wheaten etc etc
Plus some chafff, pellets etc etc plus horse equipment and first aid.
Now we werent quite expecting so much.
We are in the process of organising a truck but wonder how best it would be to distribute the hay?

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/8629/mybanner49b8eeb661916.jpg
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #987077 is a reply to message #985440 ] Mon, 09 February 2009 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Evian  is currently offline Evian  
Level 2
Hi again Nicci

I have had this donation of hay but i requires pick up also:

Name: Vicki
Contact Number:
Email address: valhutcheon@iprimus.com.au
Items: 10 small bales of hay (unknown type but has been stored in shed and is reportedly
clean). Free to anyone that needs it. For pick up only. This is a donation from my friend
near Bunyip who is not horsey.

Hope you can contact and organise pick up?

Cheers Kath Dunstan

[Updated on: Tue, 10 February 2009 20:51]

Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #987382 is a reply to message #985440 ] Tue, 10 February 2009 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Sammy  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Elders are also organising hay loads of donated hay coming from all areas of Victoria, will be mainly big squares or rolls, all types, but all decent quality.

No point feeding out mouldy/musty hay to stock whose internals are stressed as it is thru smoke/heat etc. They survived the fires, why kill them with off hay.

T & S HAY
High Quality Horse Hay
Servicing forumites for the past 7 years
Delivered to Western Vic including Melbourne
dartdart@bigpond.com.au
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #987403 is a reply to message #985440 ] Tue, 10 February 2009 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HELLO EVERYONE

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP, I AM HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE OUR FIRST TWO MANNED DROP OFF POINTS AND HOPE TO HAVE THE REST BY LUNCHTIME SO YOU CAN DRIVE YOUR HAY TO A POINT YOU KNOW IT WILL BE RECEIEVED AND GIVEN TO WHERE IT IS MOST NEEDED.

1. BUNYIP
BUNYIP REC RESERVE, LONGWARRY ROAD, BUNYIP
PLEASE DRIVE TO STOCK YARDS AND DROP OFF HAY AND FODDER
CONTACT FOR THIS AREA IS JIM 0438 539 560 OR 0458 413 572
THIS WILL BE RUN BY CARDINIA SHIRE COUNCIL

2. WARRAGUL
ROUND BALES TO THE WARRAGUL CYCLING TRACK
SQUARE BALES TO THE COUNCIL DEPOT, WARRAGUL
IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE AREA PLEASE PHONE THE CO ORDINATOR FOR THIS AREA, CAROLINE FERGUSON 0428 300 719

PLEASE CONTINUE TO PHONE ME IF YOU ARE WANTING TO DROP OFF TO WHITTLESEA, BENDIGO, YARRA GLEN OR BEECHWORTH AS I AM CURRENTLY TRYING TO ORGANISE DROP OFFS IN THESE TOWNS.

THANK YOU FOR YOU AMAZING GENEROSITY AND SUPPORT, WE ARE THRILLED AT THE LEVEL OF KINDNESS FROM HORSEY FOLK ALL THROUGHOUT AUSTRALIA!

NICCI 03 9798 1000

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5817/mybanner49d2eedff3309.jpg
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #987418 is a reply to message #987382 ] Tue, 10 February 2009 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  timetoride  is currently offline timetoride  
Level 1
Everyone needs to contact Project Hope Horse Welfare Vic to coordinate the feed effort. PHHWV are working in coordination with the RSPCA and the Australian Horse Industry Council. As much as it is incredibly commendable that everyone is so keen to help there are many considerations from the legal and coordination perspective that need to systematicly organised.

As advice from Kentucky Equine Research please don't send hay or feed that is the mouldy or rain damaged. The horses that have survived are presenting with lung damage etc and the last thing they need is to be eating mouldy or dusty feed or hay, if you have damaged hay it may be better directed towards the Farmers Federation who can direct this to other livestock that are less sensitive than horses. It is essential that we try to provide the best quality feed and forage available to these horses that are already under a significant amount of stress. It is therefore essential that adequate storage facilities are available in order to receive the donations so that no weather damage occurs to the donated feeds.

So please contact, preferably Project Hope or the RSPCA with what you have to offer.
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #987425 is a reply to message #985440 ] Tue, 10 February 2009 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree that people should contact Project Hope, RSPCA etc and donate hay and feed but the councils are crying out for assistance and they have people that these charaties are not aware of yet. What our focus has been on is to drop off hay to a site where council workers can give it to people in need that haven't thought to contact the welfare organisations.

For example Baw Baw Shire Council dealing with Jindivick etc and assisting with Cardinia to help those who have lost everything are going to be piling hay on to utes and dropping it to all different animals who need it, some of which are wandering around with no fences and who's owners are unknown due to the movement since the fire.

This needs to be a co ordinated effort between everyone, donate to Project Hope, I listed our numbers of hay with Project Hope so they have access to it aswell. This is a massive job and feed will be required for a long time. And PLEASE donate any bad hay you have, our focus is not 100% on horses but on people who have a few cows as pets, sheep as pets, hobby farmers as these people will largely miss out on the VFF's unbelievable generosity as it is and has to be be focused on the devastation caused to the many hundreds of large farms effected.

I urge you to drop off anything you have to the drop off points I have listed and will list but please, donate to all the charities as well. This has to be a co ordinated effort to reach as many people as possible.
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #987448 is a reply to message #985440 ] Tue, 10 February 2009 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  polocrossebabe

slight hiccup with the lucerne. the guy can't get to it to load until thursday. it will be taken up by elders, who are working with the vff and rspca so will leave them to it in relation to getting that hay out to those in need.

Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #987449 is a reply to message #987077 ] Tue, 10 February 2009 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evian wrote on Mon, 09 February 2009 22:54

Hi again Nicci

Contact Number: 0432316500
Items: 10 small bales of hay (unknown type but has been stored in shed and is reportedly
clean). Free to anyone that needs it. For pick up only. This is a donation from my friend

Cheers Kath Dunstan

Thanks so much Kath! A lovely gentleman in Garfield North with 4 hungry animals is receiving this hay, we will be delivering to him in person tonight as he can't collect it. Thanks again! Very Happy
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #987459 is a reply to message #987449 ] Tue, 10 February 2009 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  polocrossebabe

mbqh wrote on Tue, 10 February 2009 10:56

Hi again Nicci

Cheers Kath Dunstan

Thanks so much Kath! A lovely gentleman in Garfield North with 4 hungry animals is receiving this hay, we will be delivering to him in person tonight as he can't collect it. Thanks again! Very Happy

might be an idea to git pics of those getting their feed delivered so we can publish an on-line tribute when this is all over. then in a couple of years time we can look back and go Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! how did we ever manage?

Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #987464 is a reply to message #987448 ] Tue, 10 February 2009 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
polocrossebabe wrote on Tue, 10 February 2009 10:55

slight hiccup with the lucerne. the guy can't get to it to load until thursday. it will be taken up by elders, who are working with the vff and rspca so will leave them to it in relation to getting that hay out to those in need.

That is wonderful, and I am sure the need will be around for weeks so don't panic it wont be there today! Well done! Smile
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #987468 is a reply to message #987459 ] Tue, 10 February 2009 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
polocrossebabe wrote on Tue, 10 February 2009 11:00

mbqh wrote on Tue, 10 February 2009 10:56

Hi again Nicci

Cheers Kath Dunstan

might be an idea to git pics of those getting their feed delivered so we can publish an on-line tribute when this is all over. then in a couple of years time we can look back and go Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! how did we ever manage?

I just don't know if I could... I haven't been able to watch the news since this happened due to all the poor people who have been shoved in front of a camera in tears... But it would be nice to look back like you say.
Re: HAY EXCHANGE FOR FIRE VICTIMS [message #987474 is a reply to message #987449 ] Tue, 10 February 2009 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
  megany  
Leaving shortly to drop off hay at Bunyip Smile . Can you drop it off anytime Nicci?

Cheers, Megan.
Previous Topic:Fires In Bolinda
Next Topic:.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Nov 1 14:12:02 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03546 seconds

.:: Home ::.