[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » Advertising - Noncommercial » Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!)
Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1869242] Mon, 31 May 2010 11:57 Go to next message
  Grove_burger  is currently offline Grove_burger  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Just FYI - you know you can report electronic fraudulent activity through to the Police as they have an electronic fraud division. Very handy when you have a sellers bank account details but you haven't received the item you have purchased.

I've had to do this once before over a saddle so I know from first hand experience.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2010 03:58] by Moderator

Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1869313 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Mon, 31 May 2010 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  woodbury  is currently offline woodbury  
Level 2
This is great info, thanks for posting.
Unfortunately, I've been stung before but didn't know what to do Sad
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1869366 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Mon, 31 May 2010 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  deliveryhorse  is currently offline deliveryhorse  
Completely Insane
so how do you contact the Efraud Division?

http://ullinalodge.webs.com/
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1869420 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Mon, 31 May 2010 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
I'll post the details over my pursuit of jumpingfreak through this process over the next couple of days if my neck rug doesn't turn up. If it does turn up, I'll post the generic links/forms you'll need to follow.

We should learn about all our avenues of claims we have available to us in these matters esp as we become a society that is buying more and more items via the net. Efraud is becoming all too frequent.
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1869493 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Mon, 31 May 2010 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Completely Insane
thanks GB Smile

unfortunately it all becomes too frequent now days - dodgey sellers/suppliers hiding behind alias forum names

Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1869589 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Mon, 31 May 2010 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
But alias Vichorse members who wish to be dodgy seller have bank account details that they too kindly give out to carry out their fraudulent activity.

We might not be able to track their details via the bank but the Police sure can! Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy Twisted Evil

At the end of teh day it is theft and it is a crime!
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1870087 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Mon, 31 May 2010 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  hilarylovesgizmo  
Step away from the computer,
Thanks for posting! Very Happy

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb235/Disco-dooby/IMG_3250-Copy2-Copy-1.jpg
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1872014 is a reply to message #1870087 ] Tue, 01 June 2010 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  jac a roo  is currently offline jac a roo  
Level 1
Thanks for posting this Info.
I should still have my dodgey suppliers details.
Disconnected phone number and addres. So maybe if she sent my skinny hood I wouldn't have to take things any further.

Hi

I havent had a chance to post your skinny hoods yet. I should be able to over the weekend, or on monday.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
SM Designs.... Where every pixel counts.

Hi,

Thats fine, hope everything went well at the show.

My internet banking details are:

SM Designs
BSB IDO HAVE THEM>>>
ACCOUNT NO.
Let me know if you want ones to put over the counter. Also if your interested i found a navy earwig one as well, with is a large.

If your want both, just make it $20 total wich includes the postage.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
SM Designs.... Where every pixel counts

no worries, ill throw it in the wash for ya!!

My mobile got a bath of its own earlier so ring my friend on 03 9776 {I do have the rest} and she will meet you.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2010 22:31]

"To ride a horse is to ride the sky"
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1872385 is a reply to message #1869420 ] Wed, 02 June 2010 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Private Eye  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
Grove_burger wrote on Mon, 31 May 2010 13:32

I'll post the details over my pursuit of jumpingfreak through this process over the next couple of days if my neck rug doesn't turn up. If it does turn up, I'll post the generic links/forms you'll need to follow.

We should learn about all our avenues of claims we have available to us in these matters esp as we become a society that is buying more and more items via the net. Efraud is becoming all too frequent.

see I knew it would be coming back to her
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1873131 is a reply to message #1872014 ] Wed, 02 June 2010 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  claire1  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
jac a roo wrote on Tue, 01 June 2010 22:21

Disconnected phone number and addres. So maybe if she sent my skinny hood I wouldn't have to take things any further.

Hi

I havent had a chance to post your skinny hoods yet. I should be able to over the weekend, or on monday.

Hi,

SM Designs
BSB IDO HAVE THEM>>>
ACCOUNT NO.
Let me know if you want ones to put over the counter. Also if your interested i found a navy earwig one as well, with is a large.

My mobile got a bath of its own earlier so ring my friend on 03 9776 {I do have the rest} and she will meet you.

obviously you didn't realise that SM designs is jup jup a well know forum fraudster...

the police are well aware of her I believe

Offical member of the AHC Somerville branch.

2007 HOOFA's Award - Bestest Poker player on the Forum

Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1873615 is a reply to message #1873131 ] Wed, 02 June 2010 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  jac a roo  is currently offline jac a roo  
Level 1
No claire1
I didn't know but now i am a little more aware this happen back in feb march

I have since heard i wasn't alone.

i will not advertise Wanted ads anymore.

"To ride a horse is to ride the sky"
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1873711 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Wed, 02 June 2010 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  wendy2  
Completely Insane

Good old jup jup at her same old tricks ?

Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1883578 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Wed, 09 June 2010 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  cheveauxpark  
Out of my way, I am in the midst of a hoo haa monologue
Grouse news!

Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1883631 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Wed, 09 June 2010 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Shorty08  is currently offline Shorty08  
Completely Insane
Thanks for letting us know about this! I may have to unfortunately use them if my rugs don't turn up soon after paying for them nearly 1 mth ago! Mad Told they were posted last Thursday.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 June 2010 15:50]

Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1889473 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Sun, 13 June 2010 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  texas t  is currently offline texas t  
Level 3
can someome please post the contact details for the police for the E Fraud!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds like heaps are getting done for this, and not just on small items, I hear its happening with floats & saddles. Do these people care that we all work hard legally for our money to live our dreams with our horses, we dont need these types of people destroying our dreams.
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1889597 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Mon, 14 June 2010 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sandyspandy  is currently offline sandyspandy  
Level 4
I am going through this process atm... (but because i bought an item off ebay). I've lost nearly $800 - i bought a saddle.

ebay cannot do anything, the bank could not do anything & i have been told that the police can investigate but there is buckleys chance of my getting my money back unless i spend a few hundred dollars taking it all to the small claims court.

It is SO easy for someone to take someones money for an item they have advertised but does not exist!

Very frustrating situation to be in let me tell you!!!! Crying or Very Sad
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1890489 is a reply to message #1889597 ] Mon, 14 June 2010 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  geegee_9  is currently offline geegee_9  
Completely Insane
Hmm, this is handy to know.

*cough* jumpingfreak *cough*
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1892176 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Wed, 16 June 2010 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  archie  
Level 1 - Advanced
I have recently bought two items privately both have failed to arrive within two weeks, both sellers have failed to provide a tracking number for the supposed registered post/express posted item.

Have just done some reading:

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/268478

Quote:

Your online rights: the low-down
When dealing with a seller based in Australia, you have the same basic rights online as you do offline. For example, the Trade Practices Act makes it unlawful for a seller to mislead or deceive you about your purchase or the purchase price and requires a seller to supply goods that match the advertised description. In some cases, a seller must give you a refund, or repair or replace faulty goods.

If you buy online from a seller based overseas, the same rights may apply, however it could be more challenging for you to resolve any issues that arise as the seller is outside Australia

How to complain:

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/815327#h3_ 59

and Scamwatch
http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/tag/reportas cam

below will find the contact details for the individual state bodies in which the scammer resides and committed the crime

[Updated on: Wed, 16 June 2010 04:53]

Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1895748 is a reply to message #1869420 ] Fri, 18 June 2010 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  archie  
Level 1 - Advanced
Hi Grove_burger, just wondering how you got on with your fraudster, did the gear finally arrive?

I am about to give it a go with blmf, have exhausted all avenues of shaming Leah to get her to at least provide the mythical tracking number from two weeks ago and I have been ripped off three times in past 4 weeks by online sellers, that is over $700 of my hard earnt money, luckily one is a Ebay PayPal purchase for a saddle, have just a few days to go and my refund will be in my bank Visa, but these private conartists are another story. I have had a gutful. I have Leah's bank details, name, address etc and am getting a letter together, living interstate it is not like I can take a weekend drive and say "Hi".

From now on I will insist on PayPal if they want me to part with my money and I will be happy to provide the service too, you just can't take people from what they put out there on forums about themselves any longer

[Updated on: Sat, 19 June 2010 02:34]

Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1897699 is a reply to message #1873131 ] Sun, 20 June 2010 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Completely Insane
claire1 wrote on Wed, 02 June 2010 16:03

Hi

Hi,

SM Designs
BSB IDO HAVE THEM>>>
ACCOUNT NO.

obviously you didn't realise that SM designs is jup jup a well know forum fraudster...

SM Designs
also a fraud web designer! my club was also caught out by this biatch...we have her details but she keeps moving around but what goes around comes around

Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1901558 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Wed, 23 June 2010 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Viki1  
Level 1 - Advanced
Well thanks to what I believe is a dodgey seller I may be going through this soon. Not a heap of money, but I now have a bee in my bonnet Mad Mad

They have until the close of business until I post the facts I have about our transaction on there post!

So far I have found out

2 x mobile numbers (from other sale adverts )are disconnected

They have had another user name in the past and sold goods have not arrived (confirming this ATM)

From other adverts on internet I have the suburb they live in

I have never been burn until now AND IT HURTS!!!!!
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1902666 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Wed, 23 June 2010 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  kathmissy  is currently offline kathmissy
Level 2
Trampy has ripped people off this website and is now on horseyard as rosemoorpark.
More front than Myers I say!

BEWARE GUYS
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1904882 is a reply to message #1889597 ] Fri, 25 June 2010 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dryden62  
sandyspandy wrote on Mon, 14 June 2010 08:23

I am going through this process atm... (but because i bought an item off ebay). I've lost nearly $800 - i bought a saddle.

ebay cannot do anything, the bank could not do anything & i have been told that the police can investigate but there is buckleys chance of my getting my money back unless i spend a few hundred dollars taking it all to the small claims court.

It is SO easy for someone to take someones money for an item they have advertised but does not exist!

I had the same problem a couple of years ago with a Stock Saddle ..... PayPal will refund a small part (I think it was $175) but in the end I got my money back through my Virgin Credit Card which was linked to my PayPal Account .... basically someone took money from my Credit Card and I didnt get the Item ... presumably PayPal then got a bit more interested and chased the dodgy cow that ripped me off!!!
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1909233 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Tue, 29 June 2010 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  archie  
Level 1 - Advanced
After paying a SA resident money for a riding jacket back on 2/6 that never arrived, she refused to refund and also refused to send proof she had even sent it, couldn't even give a date of post Rolls Eyes I requested a full refund as did the forum administrators. I was also having my private email system filled with vile and obscene emails from her, too filthy and disgusting to post here. Another member PM'd to state she copped the same abuse over a horse float, I do believe in karma, so I have taken this all up with SA police, via Crime Stoppers, got this reply yesterday from Crime Stoppers:

Quote:

Thank you for your email.

You are a victim of a crime and therefore you need to attend your local police station to report this matter, where they will take a police report and statement from you. When you attend the police station please take all documentation that may assist in identifying the person.

Regards
Crime Stoppers

So there you have it, there are now active Austrlian laws to protect people from online fraudsters, stalkers, bullies and the like that believe they will not be held accountable for their actions. I will be heading down to our local PD this week to start the process, in her fits of rage at being questioned she had inadvertently provided me with all of her personal contact details and I also have the all important bank account, ISP numbers etc

The fraudster told me a few days ago to 'go for it' (I do believe she thinks she is untouchable from the law), she added also some more filth to her reply, so that is what I am going to do, go and have the law deal with her.

Karma will be hopefully paying this character a nice little surprise in the near future.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 June 2010 05:57]

Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1938048 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Tue, 20 July 2010 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
qtrhorse  is currently offline qtrhorse  
Level 5
Hi all
I have recently been placed in the same situation, I purchased a saddle from craigslist in the U.S.A from a so called reputable horse trainer. The saddle cost me $1400.00, I paid via paypal thinking I was protected.. how wrong I was.. as the saddle was supposed to be coming via snail mail.. sea mail.. as it took longer than 45 days.. coverage via Pay Pal then ceased (ceases after 45 days)..The saddle never arrived and I do not have a leg to stand on.. I have contacted every avenue.. in America and Australia eg.. ombusman, FBI- fraud division, Police, Attorney Generals Office and about 5 other Departments.. I have every bit of evidence in the world but due to it be an International claim.. no one wants to help.. just beware.. the best option is if the fraud has been committed locally is to take the matter to VCAT.. cost peanuts- ensure you have enough evidence and take it from there... Be very wary if you are purchasing from overseas and its a private seller.. like me you may have to say good bye to your hard earned money...
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1945859 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Mon, 26 July 2010 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  zoey613  is currently offline zoey613  
Level 1
I posted a wanted ad for a Jumping Saddle and got a reply from a lady. The saddle was secondhand but the photo I was sent was of a saddle sitting on a plastic horse. This made me wonder where a average Aussie pulled a lifesize plastic horse from. Confused Also being a year old, the saddle had no stirrup marks or girth marks. She was happy at any offer and was right down to sorting out internet transfers STRAIGHT AWAY. Always super quick to reply to my emails. I was very keen but my senses were telling me that it was too good to be true. I asked for extra photos, with specific stuff like measuring tapes for gullet etc etc. No emails back hmmmm. Even if it was a genuine seller, Im glad that i listened to me instincts, better safe then sorry. It good to hear im not just overly paranoid.

Flex, Flex, Flex .. Flex .....Flex.........Flex.................F..L..E..X!
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1946456 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Mon, 26 July 2010 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  swampymoo  
Level 1
we are selling two horses.

Had two emails from people this morning, which I can only describe as sounding dodgy.

Just the way they were written, not obviously people who know anything about horses and too polite - like not native english speakers.

Wanted to transfer funds via PayPal and went to great length writing about how safe it was etc... and how they were overseas currently.

Just not right so be careful.
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1952949 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Sat, 31 July 2010 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Talaheni  is currently offline Talaheni  
Level 1 - Advanced
How absolutey fascinating and an interesting read. Thankyou to those who post their stories so we can all learn. Happy I have not yet had to use it....

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2010 16:18]

Adored and adorable ponies!
AND NO - I DONT LEASE PONIES OUT.
Home of:
*Glengwin I Am Elvis
*Fairlight Acres Actor
*Tara Park Arizona
*Carona Park Kaleidescope
*Richdale Tuscany
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1963034 is a reply to message #1897699 ] Sat, 07 August 2010 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Bellasmum  
You know what you are doing.
deliveryhorse wrote on Sun, 20 June 2010 15:23

claire1 wrote on Wed, 02 June 2010 16:03

Hi

Hi,

SM Designs
BSB IDO HAVE THEM>>>
ACCOUNT NO.

SM Designs
also a fraud web designer! my club was also caught out by this biatch...we have her details but she keeps moving around but what goes around comes around

oh she's a biatch of a thing isn't she ....... Twisted Evil Its because of all of your experiences I would NEVER buy another thing off this forum unless I knew the person personally or had some very good references about how they handle their business. It's such a shame ..... oh well the good old internet, just another way to rip people off !

For any of you with outstanding dealings with SM Designs I would most certainly be making a complaint. Cranbourne police are well and truly aware of her ........ scammer, thief, liar, fraudster ........... Twisted Evil

Meryl - (but you can call me Marion)
Authorised member of the “ph Club”
Certificate MAC3475

Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #1985895 is a reply to message #1872385 ] Thu, 26 August 2010 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mac  
Private Eye wrote on Wed, 02 June 2010 09:06

Grove_burger wrote on Mon, 31 May 2010 13:32

see I knew it would be coming back to her

Really ? that's a bit rich coming from you. Perhaps she's just forgetful like you were. Rolls Eyes

Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #2057953 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Fri, 29 October 2010 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  swampymoo  
Level 1
Had an email from a BRUCE SMITH, great english, overseas so would make payment via paypal bit dodgy. So googled the email address and turns out a scam.

This time the english was normal sounding but who would buy a almost $6k horse without viewing or speaking to the seller.

So seller beware.
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #2065378 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Thu, 04 November 2010 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Pony family  is currently offline Pony family  
Completely Insane
Thanks for this information...I have just forked out good money for a show jumping saddle that has never arrived Mad

As it turns out, 2 other people I know of have had the same thing done by the same seller Sad
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #2074806 is a reply to message #2065378 ] Thu, 11 November 2010 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  black&white  is currently offline black&white  
Completely Insane
bump
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #2084930 is a reply to message #2074806 ] Sat, 20 November 2010 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  QH lover
Level 1 - Advanced
black&white wrote on Thu, 11 November 2010 21:03

bump

Laughing i don't think we need to bump stickies Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=392627&private=0
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #2089087 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Tue, 23 November 2010 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  cossonfamily  is currently offline cossonfamily  
Level 4
Thanks for the info so far.
But a question - does anyone know if paying by Bank Cheque (or Post Office Cheque) protects the buyer. ie if saddle doesn;t turn up can I get my money back?
I recently had 2 of my bank accounts 'cleaned out'. they somehow accessed my internet banking, transfered my money from our business account into our savings account, then withdrew everything into their own account!!!!! The worst feeling ever!! They left us with 5cents!! I have not given out any of my details to fake emails etc or accessed internet banking from any other computer than my own. I had my laptop checked for trojans, viruses, key strike viruses etc. Nothing showed up. Bank didn't question or even speak to me (after my initial enquiry). they refunded my money in full after 10 days. No explanations as to what happen!! i spoke to my bank manager about it and he said it happens more than the average person knows about. But it is all VERY hush hush from the banks because they don't want us losing confidencse in Internet banking.
Anyways I hope someone can let me know about Bank Cheques, other than that I will ask a few more personal qs about saddle (ie more pics of measurements, phone number etc, before sending bank chq.

Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #2095444 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Mon, 29 November 2010 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  archie  
Level 1 - Advanced
I believe as long as you have a bank record of the cheque being issued and cashed in, then you can use this in minor claims and fraud charges within Australia.

Sometimes though paying by a cheque may have the seller feel apprehensive that there is not something fishy going on themselves, also just keep in mind that cheques take up to 7 working days to clear, which usually means the seller will not post until cleared which can lead to delays, if someone refuses a cheque it is not necessarily because they are dodgey Smile

Sorry to hear about your bank account though Shocked , had never heard that one before

In your situation, do you think maybe it was like the lady that was on Current Affairs this week, where she had 1 million dollars deposited into her account in bank error, she worked hard and tirelessly to get the bank to finally recover the monies that were not hers! It turned out it was some luxury car companies money, who had not noticed it missing at that time

Maybe it was a bank error and they are trying to cover it up? Years ago I had 1/4 million dollars, in the days of bank books, deposited into my bank when the clerk mistakingly punched in that figure, rather then my pay of $275 and was in the account for over a week, my account was only used to save our home deposit so had not picked it up, still have the bank book as a keepsake, LOL

Some years later when the bank finally talked me into a keycard, we got married and I had gone to the bank I had banked with since a child and changed the account into my married name, the lazy teller it turns out had not changed over the paperwork. A few months later, a thief I worked with stole my purse, as well as the paymistress during our Christmas party, I immediately phoned the bank and put a stop on the account, in my married name. New Years Eve the thief stood at the ATM and fleeced our account of all of our savings. It took 6 months of Stat. Decs and endless visits/phone calls and after receiving a letter from the bank during the process of trying to recover our stolen money, they offered us a home loan, we had by then put together a sizeable deposit, I wrote back to our bank and within 1 week, was called in for a meeting with the Manager and our funds restored. The thief was able to access my account because the account was still in my maiden name.

Since that episode, it has shown that you don't have to just be the victim but seek justice, if someone decides to deceive me, I wont take it lying down, they are outed and I work on retrieving my stolen goods/money. Luckily, have had more great experiences dealing with people over the internt then not

I hope you find the perfect saddle.
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #2097279 is a reply to message #1889597 ] Tue, 30 November 2010 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  cheveauxpark  
Out of my way, I am in the midst of a hoo haa monologue
sandyspandy wrote on Mon, 14 June 2010 08:23

This is happening far too often with ebay and paypal...paypal is not 100% secure.
Ebay just wont get involved..once they get their fees from both selling and using paypal..they do not get involved.

Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #2097830 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Tue, 30 November 2010 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  archie  
Level 1 - Advanced
I've had to make a few claims using Ebay from fraudulant listings and PayPal has returned my money, I am talking about hundreds of dollars here, have been happy with using PayPal, not so happy with some of the sellers on Ebay
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #2109735 is a reply to message #2097830 ] Fri, 10 December 2010 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sthy  is currently offline sthy  
Level 1 - Advanced
Everyone can add SettingTheStandard to the list of people NOT to buy from Mad
Re: Police efraud division - protection against dodgy sellers (incl. on Vichorse!) [message #2118327 is a reply to message #1869242 ] Wed, 29 December 2010 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
  Pony family  is currently offline Pony family  
Completely Insane
Two names to be very careful of are:

Imogen Brown & Sienna Knight, there is a dodgy seller out there going under these 2 names.

Previous Topic:new rules for selling puppies and kittens
Next Topic:Scammers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 18 15:38:45 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12721 seconds

.:: Home ::.