[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » Breeds » Andalusians () 5 Vote(s)
Andalusians [message #11611] Wed, 14 December 2005 17:55 Go to next message
  Ames  is currently offline Ames  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Just wondering if anyone else out there has a Andalusian???
I actually don't know anyone off hand that owns one.
Anyone???? Razz

index.php?t=getfile&id=575914&private=0
Re: Andalusians [message #11634 is a reply to message #11611 ] Wed, 14 December 2005 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mac  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
I think there is someone on here who owns a purebred, but I can't remember her name. I've got an Andalusian cross (TB), because I really, really like the Andies, but I just wanted a bit more height, a longer neck and some reach. Fingers crossed, he will be my next dressage superstar. Razz
Re: Andalusians [message #11909 is a reply to message #11634 ] Thu, 15 December 2005 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Ahhhh cool as Mac, thats exactly what breed my boy is too! He is such a gem I love him to bits. He has the best temperament and movement.
How old is your andy x thoroughbred?

Re: Andalusians [message #12018 is a reply to message #11909 ] Tue, 20 December 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  veebee  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Track down rocky, shes the one with lots of andys and some lovely pics..
Re: Andalusians [message #12023 is a reply to message #12018 ] Tue, 20 December 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mac  
My boy is only 2yo Ames, so he's still enjoying romping around the big paddock. I can guarantee no-one will pick him as an Andy cross when they see him which is quite disappointing because I'm proud of his Andy heritage. I bred him from my own ASB mare, who was an AWHA foundation mare, and spent months looking for a suitable stallion. The very obvious traits he has are the huge mane and tail, but I think most people will think he's just another WB. Confused However, I have registered him with the AHAA as I want to show him as well as do dressage with him. He's rather tall at the moment - around 16.2 Shocked and like yours, has a super temperament. The movement I'll properly assess once he's working in hand, but I have to say, he is a very, very lazy horse, especially for a 2yo. I've just brought our second yearling in for some work, and when she's finished in a couple of weeks, it will be his turn to come in and start work.

Now, it's your turn Ames. Details on your fellow please. And where's Rocky? If Rocky has lots of Andy's, she must have a stud???? So we need heaps of input from her ..... Smile
Re: Andalusians [message #12058 is a reply to message #11611 ] Tue, 20 December 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mellizo  
Completely Insane
I have a purebred andy called Mellizo. He is a 6 year old gelding. Here is a photo of him.
index.php?t=getfile&id=1660&private=0

www.mellizopark.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #12269 is a reply to message #12058 ] Tue, 20 December 2005 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  geegee  is currently offline geegee  
Its my party and I'll hoo haa if I want to
Nice boy!

I have an Andy WBxTB baby she is so cute- just born in November!
Here are some pics- they are in Sale section too cause I want to sell her as a weanling. Her daddy is Manuka Preclaro which a few of you will know.

I have a part Arab mare by Barishnikov in foal to same stallion- it will be a bit smaller so its the one I want to keep when its born next spring, cant wait!

They are so cute!

index.php?t=getfile&id=1678&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1679&private=0

Horsin' around
Re: Andalusians [message #12361 is a reply to message #12269 ] Tue, 20 December 2005 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
How cute is your baby Geegee!!! AHHH so cute! I can just picture my boy being that little and cute.
Love your Andy too Mellizo. Very nice colouring.
Now Mac, a little about my boy and believe me its a little...
I only bought him in Feb this year and he is 17 years old. He is beautiful. Like your horse, he has a nice long mane and tail. Now I don't know too much about his breeding and I wish that I did and I have tried to find out some background on him, but its hard. The girl I bought him off in Feb only knew that his dad was andy and his mum was thoroughbred and that is all she was told about him when she bought him off another girl. He has an awesome temperament and yes can be lazy at his dressage ie. acting 17yrs old and then when jumping or x country he acts ie. 3yrs old. He has finished pony club, so finished grade one in all disciplines and I love him to death. Just wish I could somehow find out more about his breeding....
Some people on the forum know him from when he was at Pony Club. They remember the girl who first owned him, who then sold him to the girl I bought him off.
Oh I keep looking at your photo Geegee, how cute!
And where is Rocky??? I want to see some more Andys!
I want a pure bred andy one day....

Re: Andalusians [message #12760 is a reply to message #12361 ] Wed, 21 December 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks- I'm lucky, the mares paddock is in front of the house and I get to watch her every time I look out! She is a real sweetie and my my she'll make someone very proud to be her mum (or Dad!). Oh I wish I could keep them all...

I would love a pure Andy one day .. dreams of big, black and beautiful! There is a pure black filly by Gotico park stud?? I think - only for ..ahem.. $18000 !! Its in the Horse Deals site.

Maybe I will breed my own! Keep crossing the fillies back to pure blood so in 20 years or whatever they'll be practically full blood. LOL Will I still be around to see it?

[Updated on: Tue, 27 December 2005 15:09]

Horsin' around
Re: Andalusians [message #13193 is a reply to message #12760 ] Fri, 23 December 2005 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
hahahah good idea geegee and if you ever do that i will buy a full blood off you. a black o ne please:p

Re: Andalusians [message #13592 is a reply to message #13193 ] Tue, 27 December 2005 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It may take that long to save up!

Horsin' around
Re: Andalusians [message #13613 is a reply to message #13592 ] Tue, 27 December 2005 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
yeah thats true. well you start breeding and i will start saving and in 20 years time we should be right Razz

Re: Andalusians [message #13690 is a reply to message #13613 ] Wed, 28 December 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL Laughing

Horsin' around
Re: Andalusians [message #14192 is a reply to message #13690 ] Fri, 30 December 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Anyone else on here own a Andy??? Rolling Eyes

Re: Andalusians [message #14268 is a reply to message #11611 ] Sat, 31 December 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  flighty  
Hi Ames, My OH just sent his Quarab Mare to an Andy Stallion called Eco. You can view him on the Horse deals website of performance stallions at stud. He is a wonderful boy and hopefully you'll see me riding him at the royal, if I can get my butt into gear! He hasnt been ridden since Bout 18 months ago though he has been behaving quite well. He stands at Allegria spanish horse stud in Lancefield and they have a lot of stock there to view. Very Happy
Re: Andalusians [message #14385 is a reply to message #14268 ] Sun, 01 January 2006 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Cool thanks heaps Razz Razz I will take a look at him. I bet he is a beautiful horse.

Re: Andalusians [message #15174 is a reply to message #11611 ] Tue, 03 January 2006 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mellizo  
Completely Insane
Hi Flighty,

Eco is a gorgeous horse. You are lucky to have the chance to ride him! I know Catherine as well through the AHAA so I will see you at the royal next Tuesday if you are riding him. Catherine will be able to point out my boy Mellizo to you because she knows him and me.

www.mellizopark.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #15566 is a reply to message #11611 ] Wed, 04 January 2006 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  flighty  
Thanks Mellizo, I hope I do him justice Embarassed Im a bit scared because I'm not really a showie Confused

It will be good to see you there, I think I'll recognise your boy from your pics Cool He's very nice!

Catherine is such a lovely person, I'm really looking forward to it, and the social! She is trying to get him into the ridden class as initially she only had him in the costume and led so we'll see. Another friend of mine has an Andy in the ridden as well. His name is Curioso Dynastes. You might know of him? She does a lot of HRCAV, he's grey.

Well see you there, and have fun!
Re: Andalusians [message #15745 is a reply to message #11611 ] Thu, 05 January 2006 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mellizo  
Completely Insane
I'm sure you'll be fine flighty.

Thanks for your comments about my boy. Hopefully he will behave himself and we can do well.

Yes, Catherine is a lovely person. I hope she has some luck getting him into the ridden class so you can ride him.

Is Curioso Dynastes Pucci's horse? If so, I know her as well, we often chat at HRCAV events. Coco is a lovely boy.

See you on Tuesday.
Nicole

www.mellizopark.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #36620 is a reply to message #11611 ] Wed, 15 March 2006 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
How is everyones Andys going????????????

Re: Andalusians [message #36624 is a reply to message #11611 ] Wed, 15 March 2006 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
I was just looking at a Andy web site. My boy is a Andy x Thoroughbred and apparently they are called "Iberian Warmblood". Anyone ever heard of that? I just learnt something new. I am off to read up on my boys breeding....

Re: Andalusians [message #36659 is a reply to message #36624 ] Wed, 15 March 2006 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mac  
I totally forgot about this thread. Confused Good on you Ames for giving it some CPR. And perhaps now is a good time to post a photo of my Iberian Warmblood. Geez, now you've got me intrigued. I'll havta slip across to the AHAA site as well to read up on that one ...

index.php?t=getfile&id=3945&private=0

oh ... the pink on his nose is aksherly bright pink zinc cream, which is the only way I can protect his gorgeous white schnozz.
Re: Andalusians [message #36677 is a reply to message #11611 ] Wed, 15 March 2006 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Oh Mac, what a pretty boy!
Yes I have been reading up on "Iberian Warmbloods" all night. Its cool when you learn something new!

Re: Andalusians [message #41465 is a reply to message #36677 ] Mon, 03 April 2006 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Then my filly must be an Iberian Warmblood Warmblood! LOL

Horsin' around
Re: Andalusians [message #41482 is a reply to message #41465 ] Mon, 03 April 2006 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have a link to the Iberain site?

Horsin' around
Re: Andalusians [message #41509 is a reply to message #11611 ] Mon, 03 April 2006 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mac  
The tag "Iberian Warmblood" is an American term and seems to have been developed by them. It's really just a play on words and to me, is just a way of trying to make a cross bred sound more important, or perhaps more expensive if you're trying to sell one. Rolling Eyes

If you play around with it on google, you'll get a few links, but this is one of the main ones, which also has a link to the international registry, developed by the American.s

http://www.oldstonehousefarm.com/IberianWarmblood.html

Smile

Re: Andalusians [message #47526 is a reply to message #11611 ] Tue, 25 April 2006 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  rocky  
Step away from the computer,

index.php?t=getfile&id=5188&private=0
just cause I love the photo...it is part of Florians face.

Treat me with care... I am too out of the farkin loop and there is a good chance I have NO idea what you are talking about!!!!
(Any Adelaide comments BM and i'll have to slap you)
Re: Andalusians [message #48424 is a reply to message #47526 ] Thu, 27 April 2006 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mac  
Great picture Rocky. Would be a real talking piece enlarged and in a nice frame.

Just interested as to what gear you guys wear when you compete in breed classes. I know you can wear the english attire, but I really, really like the Spanish outfits. Trouble is, like all things horses, it's going to be quite costly to buy it all. I've seen some black dax, matching jacket, shirt and hat and it comes to about $900 Shocked and I'm not too sure if I'm allowed to wear it for the riding classes, considering my fellow isn't a purebred?
Re: Andalusians [message #48471 is a reply to message #11611 ] Thu, 27 April 2006 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mellizo  
Completely Insane
Hi Mac,

I normally just wear English attire when I compete in breed classes. The partbreds are normally shown in English attire. My boy is a purebred but I still ride in my English attire because I already have my outfit and couldn't see the point of buying a complete new outfit for a couple of shows a year.

Cheers
Nicole

www.mellizopark.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #48699 is a reply to message #11611 ] Fri, 28 April 2006 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  rocky  
Step away from the computer,

I have often thought of doing that Mac.. it is a great pic!

[Updated on: Tue, 30 May 2006 21:46]

Treat me with care... I am too out of the farkin loop and there is a good chance I have NO idea what you are talking about!!!!
(Any Adelaide comments BM and i'll have to slap you)
Re: Andalusians [message #56813 is a reply to message #48699 ] Fri, 19 May 2006 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mac  
Just thought I'd drop in here to say that after grooming my fellow today, I thought I'd measure him to see how he's going and he's just over 16.2 hands. Shocked So considering he's only 2 & 1/2 years old, it's going to be interesting to see how tall he gets. Confused
Re: Andalusians [message #58351 is a reply to message #11611 ] Wed, 24 May 2006 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mellizo  
Completely Insane
ooh, he is going to be a very big boy then Mac. My boy is just over 16.1hh at 6 years old and he still hasn't finished growing.

www.mellizopark.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #60696 is a reply to message #58351 ] Tue, 30 May 2006 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Out of interest Mac how big are the parents?
My filly is gunna be built like a truck the way she's going, she was 13hh at 5 months! Can see she is going to be a good doer!
Both parents are around 16hh, but come from bigger parents, and Manuka Preclaro throws way bigger than himself too.

Horsin' around
Re: Andalusians [message #60810 is a reply to message #60696 ] Wed, 31 May 2006 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mac  
ooooh geegee, she sounds like she's going down the same path as my fellow. Shocked My fellow was born tall as you can see by this photo, taken when he was about 6 hours old. Mum is 16.3 so it gives you an indication of how tall he is. (And his mum's sire was also 16.3hh.)

index.php?t=getfile&id=6668&private=0

At 3 months of age, he had grown into his legs a lot more and was quite big.

index.php?t=getfile&id=6669&private=0

And this is his dad who is 16.2. Going back through his dad's progeny, I'm not sure where his height has come from, so my fellow seems to have been strongly influenced by the mare.

index.php?t=getfile&id=6670&private=0

Re: Andalusians [message #61044 is a reply to message #11611 ] Wed, 31 May 2006 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mellizo  
Completely Insane
Mac, what is the stallion's name? He's nice.

www.mellizopark.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #61047 is a reply to message #61044 ] Wed, 31 May 2006 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow that boy is huge! And the sire is a beauty too.

Horsin' around
Re: Andalusians [message #61393 is a reply to message #61044 ] Thu, 01 June 2006 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mac  
Mellizo wrote on Wed, 31 May 2006 13:53

Mac, what is the stallion's name? He's nice.

Come on guys, shouldn't be hard to work out who dad is. Don't you recognise the brand? Cool
Re: Andalusians [message #61469 is a reply to message #11611 ] Thu, 01 June 2006 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mellizo  
Completely Insane
the only brand I can see is 'S'. I'm not sure who he is.

www.mellizopark.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #61763 is a reply to message #61469 ] Fri, 02 June 2006 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mac  
Dad is Anchorbar Fornido from Queensland. Smile Maybe Rocky has heard of him, or maybe he's just the best kept secret??? He nicked so well with that mare, I was going to put her to him again, but I sadly lost her. Crying or Very Sad

Re: Andalusians [message #62486 is a reply to message #11611 ] Mon, 05 June 2006 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
  Mellizo  
Completely Insane
what asahme. Your boy looks gorgeous. It would have been nice for you to have 2 of them.

www.mellizopark.com.au
Previous Topic:The Quarab thread.
Next Topic:Walers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 16 14:11:03 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08042 seconds
.:: Home ::.