[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » Breeds » Andalusians () 5 Vote(s)
Re: Andalusians [message #1994709 is a reply to message #11611 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  RubyH  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Another lovely pic Kalypso - I'm the same, doesnt take much to convince me to share pics Embarassed Laughing Here's an artsy one a friend took at a clinic a while ago

index.php?t=getfile&id=379260&private=0

Had my first ride since february last week, it was fantastic to be back in the saddle.

Now I have 9 weeks of hell to survive, then 4 months of riding and competing to look forward to over summer - blissful Smile

• Attachment: tbp.JPG
    (Size: 20.75KB, Downloaded 223 time(s))

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2010 20:37]

index.php?t=getfile&id=554084&private=0
Re: Andalusians [message #1994969 is a reply to message #11611 ] Fri, 03 September 2010 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  kalypso  is currently offline kalypso  
Level 2
Nice!
9 weeks of hell?
Re: Andalusians [message #1995053 is a reply to message #11611 ] Fri, 03 September 2010 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  RubyH  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
9 weeks of stress, procrastination, assignments, study etc etc in a horseless, tumbleweed infested hole until the uni semester ends for the year Laughing

Nah it isnt that bad, just wish I could have brought the horse up this year - I am going to next year though which will improve things!

Re: Andalusians [message #1996022 is a reply to message #11611 ] Fri, 03 September 2010 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  georgie  is currently offline georgie  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
hey all
i am just wondering if any of you can tell me - you know how some breeds of horses seem to be more prone to laminitis/founder than others... what are your experiences with andy's??

Garden Hill Equestrian Park - riding tuition
http://www.gardenhillequestrianpark.webs.com/
Re: Andalusians [message #1996311 is a reply to message #1996022 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Calliope  
Level 1
There was a (possibly Laughing) interesting announcement at the FPSH's Celebration last night, so for those interested in the politics of the PRE, read on...

Leopoldo Fernandez Pujals, who tied with Javier Conde in the first round of the recent ANCCE elections, has been meeting at the Celebration in Las Vegas with the presidents of several of the other large breeder's associations in Spain.

ANCCE is (was?) the largest, with ca. 12% (?) of Spanish breeders being members. The remaining 87% (?) of breeders belong to other regional organisations (this is nothing new).

A number of these organisations have decided to join forces in an attempt to force the Ministry of Agriculture to give them the studbook.

Apparently the Ministry of Agriculture has informed them that if they have a certain number of breeders and brood mares, Spanish law requires that they be given the stud book.

Apparently, Pujals is fairly close to having this number of breeders and mares. In any event, he is certainly confident atm that they will get the required number. I'm trying to find out the actual status - I did ask him several questions last night, but he was very canny, and gave his presentation after most of us had been drinking beer, wine, or (in my case) a margherita or two... Very Happy

They are sending a letter out to the other regional associations (in Spain and abroad) inviting them to participate (the letter was presented last night).

So... it will be interesting to see what happens.

He is pretty set on improving the efficiency of the paperwork (which would be fantastic!) - he is aiming for a 2-3 week turn around, I think.

The new model would also give a place on the committee to the presidents of every regional association (so every country would have a seat). This would be new (and, I suspect, welcome).

And he is deadset on increasing the promotion of the breed - I don't know how much Australia would benefit directly (i.e. with funds for advertising etc), but an increase in the profile of the breed world wide can only benefit the breed in Australia. IMHO.

He is buying a farm in Warendorf, Germany (seat of many things equestrian), and is planning on setting up a training establishment. His goal is to have a horse, or horses, competing in dressage in the olympics. He has the funds to work for it, too - he has the largest PRE breeding operation in the world, employs 2 vets full time, and has someone employed full time to look for horses for him to buy. Amongst other staff, of course... Good luck to him!

www.aquilaPRE.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #1996406 is a reply to message #11611 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  becca280183  is currently offline becca280183  
Level 3
thanks for the info calliope, very interesting.

On another note, the time is approaching for me to start looking into a saddle for my PRE filly. I was just wondering who uses what, or if anyone has any recommendations for saddles that fit PREs well. I have heard that the Laser 747's are very good, but unless I could find a decent second hand one, they're a bit out of my price range. I also see quite a few andy's in the bates innova, however I've always tended to think that the panels on the bates are way too narrow. Any suggestions would be great.
Re: Andalusians [message #1996437 is a reply to message #1996406 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  bramarespanishhorses  is currently offline bramarespanishhorses  
Level 1 - Advanced
That is fantastic news Calliope! I was very disappointed when he so narrowly failed to win the recent ANCCE election.

Becca, I believe the Kieffer Kur or Lusitano have been specifically designed for wide Iberian breeds.

How is everyone going with this weather? It is just feral here. Pouring with rain, the front paddocks, drive and road are flooded. I paddled down to check the water level guide on the ford, and the water over the road is up to 1m Shocked ! And will only continue rise as the rain shows no sign of stopping. In fact, it's getting heavier now Shocked . We had 45mm over night.

Bramare Spanish Horses
http://www.bramere.com
Re: Andalusians [message #1996490 is a reply to message #1996406 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  RFST  is currently offline RFST  
Level 1 - Advanced
becca280183 wrote on Sat, 04 September 2010 08:58

thanks for the info calliope, very interesting.

On another note, the time is approaching for me to start looking into a saddle for my PRE filly. I was just wondering who uses what, or if anyone has any recommendations for saddles that fit PREs well. I have heard that the Laser 747's are very good, but unless I could find a decent second hand one, they're a bit out of my price range. I also see quite a few andy's in the bates innova, however I've always tended to think that the panels on the bates are way too narrow. Any suggestions would be great.

I have a Luc Childeric for my boy. I had to order one with an extra wide fitting (wider than the ones normally imported here) and I wanted it in brown, not black. It took a few months for it to arrive but it fits both of us perfectly. I love it!
icon7.gif  Re: Andalusians [message #1996941 is a reply to message #1994624 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SaphukaiStud.  is currently offline SaphukaiStud.  
Level 5

Hi Everyone,
I was going to upload a heap of photos but 99% of my photos are over the 100kb size limit. Crying or Very Sad
I have to learn to down size the photos.
This pic is of my two PRE stallions Saphukai and Dominguez having a play,creating some dust.
They are always challenging each other, is wonderful to sit and watch them strutting there stuff,showing of, trying to out do each other to impress my mares.

Love my boys! Razz

We are only expecting the one foal this season at Xmas time,
My Spanish mare Sonata is in foal to Dominguez again.
Limited with time and room, I need a bigger farm!

index.php?t=getfile&id=379661&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 04 September 2010 16:35]

"Saphukai Stud"
Home of PRE Stallions-
Saphukai & Dominguez.
www.saphukai.com

"Without force or Violence".
It is not the ambition to win great acclaim &
prizes at competitions, but the honest love of the work with the horse.
Re: Andalusians [message #1997007 is a reply to message #1996941 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
Georgie, I have a Spanish mare who has foundered this season. My vet advises me that any of the cresty breeds are more likely to founder than others, but many people have very fat Spanish horses with no problems Smile

Bramare Spanish Horses
Re: Andalusians [message #1997094 is a reply to message #1997007 ] Sat, 04 September 2010 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  georgie  is currently offline georgie  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
bramarespanishhorses wrote on Sat, 04 September 2010 17:32

Georgie, I have a Spanish mare who has foundered this season. My vet advises me that any of the cresty breeds are more likely to founder than others, but many people have very fat Spanish horses with no problems Smile

ok thanks
i have a 1st cross who is an eventer, but has had a few weeks off and balloned outwards! he is very slightly lame in the trot on a circle and has a digital pulse, and i am thinking it could possibly be very mild laminitis - so have started him on founder gaurd, reduced access to grass and have the vet comming on monday.
was just wondering if it is more common in andys, as some breeds do seem to be more prone than others.
have always enjoyed having a "good doer" until now!

Garden Hill Equestrian Park - riding tuition
http://www.gardenhillequestrianpark.webs.com/
Re: Andalusians [message #1997437 is a reply to message #11611 ] Sun, 05 September 2010 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  flighty  
Its my party and I'll hoo haa if I want to
A friend of mine has bred andy's for quite a few years and I've seen some real fatties there. They dont seem to founder though. I think the fact that they are in really big paddocks makes a difference as they excersise themselves. but who knows. Hope your fella is feeling better soon Smile

By the way, there's a classification day for the spanish stud book coming up but we only have about 5 horses. We need a lot more to get it done. it's at werribee and will find out the date but is anyone interested in attending?? We need to get our colt approved Surprised
Re: Andalusians [message #1997527 is a reply to message #1997437 ] Sun, 05 September 2010 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
I brought Valeroso home from the neighbours this morning so took some photos. He is still very fuggly, but starting to fill out now. He'll be two in mid Feb. The gelding he is in with is 16.3hh so I'm pretty sure Val will make over 16hh.

index.php?t=getfile&id=379936&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=379937&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=379938&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=379939&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=379940&private=0

• Attachment: val1.jpg
    (Size: 61.35KB, Downloaded 676 time(s))

• Attachment: val2.jpg
    (Size: 61.38KB, Downloaded 673 time(s))

• Attachment: val3.jpg
    (Size: 51.11KB, Downloaded 666 time(s))

• Attachment: val4.jpg
    (Size: 49.63KB, Downloaded 661 time(s))

• Attachment: val5.jpg
    (Size: 54.81KB, Downloaded 661 time(s))

Bramare Spanish Horses
Re: Andalusians [message #1997645 is a reply to message #1997437 ] Sun, 05 September 2010 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Calliope  
Level 1
flighty wrote on Sun, 05 September 2010 08:35

By the way, there's a classification day for the spanish stud book coming up but we only have about 5 horses. We need a lot more to get it done. it's at werribee and will find out the date but is anyone interested in attending?? We need to get our colt approved Surprised

I hope it runs, flighty - we were promised it every year!

I would certainly support it, but all mine are approved (except for the two 2 year olds). They won't be eligible until Jan 2011, I guess (born towards the end of Feb).

I will come and watch, though... a different type of support, I guess. Surprised

Will you be showing your colt at the travelling PRE show in November? It looks like Winchelsea will be a site, and they are looking for a location north of Melbourne.

I am very careful about laminitis - we have very rich pastures, and it "can" be a problem. We are very vigilant to ensure that it doesn't become a problem (I shifted several horses about 2 months ago...).

BSH - Valeroso is looking very cute!

Got to go - the Celebration's version of a Spectacular is about to start! Must find a seat... and maybe a glass of wine!!!! Very Happy

(It has been so great here - have met up with Yeguada Mater Christi so many times, and had dinner with them and Yeguada Valdevinas... I tried again and again to speak with them at SICAB a couple of years ago but couldn't get near them. Yeguada Torreluna is also here with Yeguada Centurion and a bunch of other Spanish studs... lots of people with really special horses!).

www.aquilaPRE.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #1997806 is a reply to message #1997645 ] Sun, 05 September 2010 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
Calliope wrote on Sun, 05 September 2010 12:24

flighty wrote on Sun, 05 September 2010 08:35

I hope it runs, flighty - we were promised it every year!

I would certainly support it, but all mine are approved (except for the two 2 year olds). They won't be eligible until Jan 2011, I guess (born towards the end of Feb).

I will come and watch, though... a different type of support, I guess. Surprised

Will you be showing your colt at the travelling PRE show in November? It looks like Winchelsea will be a site, and they are looking for a location north of Melbourne.

I am very careful about laminitis - we have very rich pastures, and it "can" be a problem. We are very vigilant to ensure that it doesn't become a problem (I shifted several horses about 2 months ago...).

BSH - Valeroso is looking very cute!

Got to go - the Celebration's version of a Spectacular is about to start! Must find a seat... and maybe a glass of wine!!!! Very Happy

(It has been so great here - have met up with Yeguada Mater Christi so many times, and had dinner with them and Yeguada Valdevinas... I tried again and again to speak with them at SICAB a couple of years ago but couldn't get near them. Yeguada Torreluna is also here with Yeguada Centurion and a bunch of other Spanish studs... lots of people with really special horses!).

Valdevinas own my boy's sire! His name is Kabileno V. They had a gorgeous mare I loved too named Marinera LVI. She has the most spectacular movement.
Re: Andalusians [message #1997894 is a reply to message #1997806 ] Sun, 05 September 2010 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Calliope  
Level 1
RFST wrote on Sun, 05 September 2010 16:04

Valdevinas own my boy's sire! His name is Kabileno V. They had a gorgeous mare I loved too named Marinera LVI. She has the most spectacular movement.

I know. He was telling me. Very Happy

www.aquilaPRE.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #1997896 is a reply to message #1997894 ] Sun, 05 September 2010 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Calliope  
Level 1
Oh, BSH - in case you don't check your facebook... I've been in talks with the stallion owner most of the week. Things are looking positive!

www.aquilaPRE.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #1997943 is a reply to message #11611 ] Sun, 05 September 2010 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  GettingAlongWithHorses  
Level 2
Hi All Smile

I have recently become an Andy convert at the arrival of my new boy 'Dumas' (Leon). He is a registered 1st X Andy (Dam BelgianX). I am not sure what his Dam's X is but am chasing it up. Any ideas or anyone know (pic below)? I believe forum 'Dess' bred Leon and I am in the process of contacting her but I see she hasn't been active for over a month.

Leon (the hairy yak!) arrived about a month ago and the picture below was taken that day.
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac138/gettingalongwithhorses/leon2.jpg

Leon's Mum (BelgianX)
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac138/gettingalongwithhorses/LeonsMum.jpg

Kyles Smile

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/hdhorsemanship/KGemailsignatureLORESvichor-1.gif
Kylie Godwin
Getting Along with Horses
kylie@kyliegodwin.com.au
www.kyliegodwin.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #1998725 is a reply to message #1997943 ] Mon, 06 September 2010 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
Just read that Spain have named their dressage team for WEG:

The Spanish Equestrian Federation announced the team that will represent Spain at the 2010 World Equestrian Games in Lexington, KY, USA, on 27 September - 1 October 2010.

After a final observation event at the CDI Cappeln, chef d'equipe Bobby Fernandez de Bobadila appointed the following riders on the team:

Juan Manuel Muñoz - Fuego XII
Claudio Castilla - Jade de MV
Rafael Ortíz - G-nidium
José Antonio García Mena - Norte
Reserve: José María Sánchez Cobos - Fogonero

Great to see Fuego there! We have semen from his sire, Utrerano, on it's way to Australia as I type Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=380351&private=0

• Attachment: fuego xii.jpg
    (Size: 65.35KB, Downloaded 595 time(s))

Bramare Spanish Horses
Re: Andalusians [message #1998728 is a reply to message #1997943 ] Mon, 06 September 2010 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Calliope  
Level 1
What a sweet looking boy, GettingAlongWithHorses! He looks like he has such a nice 'smile' in the second photos.

Saphukai - people tell me that there are programs that you can download for free that will convert your photo size - maybe you could hunt one down? I'd love to see more of your photos!

Smile

www.aquilaPRE.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #1999107 is a reply to message #1998725 ] Mon, 06 September 2010 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  RubyH  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
bramarespanishhorses wrote on Mon, 06 September 2010 14:55

index.php?t=getfile&id=380351&private=0

He looks wonderful! Surprised

Re: Andalusians [message #2000250 is a reply to message #11611 ] Tue, 07 September 2010 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  JessiGirl  is currently offline JessiGirl  
Level 1
Just thought I would share some pics of my two. both are 2X and are full brother and sister
Andaluka Alboroza
index.php?t=getfile&id=380716&private=0
(First ever outing)
index.php?t=getfile&id=380717&private=0
(working at home)
index.php?t=getfile&id=380722&private=0

Andaluka Aquino
index.php?t=getfile&id=380718&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=380720&private=0

Re: Andalusians [message #2000266 is a reply to message #11611 ] Tue, 07 September 2010 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1
got a question. Does anybody know if the studbook is accepting chestnut PRE's, i know a couple of years ago there was a large kaffufle over and chestnut PRE being imported and it not being accepted into the studbook (not sure whether spanish or australian, was young at the time n didnt pay too much attention). Just remembered it recently and was intersted to see if things had changed, thanks Very Happy
Re: Andalusians [message #2000285 is a reply to message #2000266 ] Tue, 07 September 2010 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
Yes they have been accepted for several years. I've imported three chestnuts from Spain - colt (now a stallion) and a mare in foal - and have another chestnut filly over in Spain who will be imported once she is old enough to be mated.

Here's a photo of my boy, Mas-Martillo (imp Spain)

index.php?t=getfile&id=380740&private=0

Here's my mare Amira II (imp Spain) when she'd just been released from quarantine and was very pregnant. A few months later, she had a chestnut filly, GR Europa (don't have any recent photos of her).

index.php?t=getfile&id=380738&private=0

I also have a chestnut filly who is 8 months old. Her name is GR Olympia and is by Martillo and out of Amira. This photo was taken at the end of July.

index.php?t=getfile&id=380739&private=0

Amira is back in foal to Martillo and is due in December.

Re: Andalusians [message #2000369 is a reply to message #1997943 ] Wed, 08 September 2010 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  charlypops  is currently offline charlypops  
Level 2
GettingAlongWithHorses wrote on Sun, 05 September 2010 18:04

Hi All Smile

I have recently become an Andy convert at the arrival of my new boy 'Dumas' (Leon). He is a registered 1st X Andy (Dam BelgianX). I am not sure what his Dam's X is but am chasing it up. Any ideas or anyone know (pic below)? I believe forum 'Dess' bred Leon and I am in the process of contacting her but I see she hasn't been active for over a month.

Leon (the hairy yak!) arrived about a month ago and the picture below was taken that day.
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac138/gettingalongwithhorses/leon2.jpg

Leon's Mum (BelgianX)
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac138/gettingalongwithhorses/LeonsMum.jpg

Kyles Smile

I purchased your boys full sister Smile.

Her name is Cammie
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x236/melandcharlotte/other%20horse%20photo/KamiAril20101year6months017-1.jpg
Re: Andalusians [message #2000454 is a reply to message #2000250 ] Wed, 08 September 2010 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SaphukaiStud.  is currently offline SaphukaiStud.  
Level 5

Hi Jessigirl
You have lovely horses.
Helen has bred some really beautiful horses.
Is great to see people out competing with 2nd cross's.
I have bred 2 from my 1st cross mare from
PRE stallions Imperio 27 and Poncho 111.
Both looked like they were spanish!

"Saphukai Stud"
Home of PRE Stallions-
Saphukai & Dominguez.
www.saphukai.com

"Without force or Violence".
It is not the ambition to win great acclaim &
prizes at competitions, but the honest love of the work with the horse.
Re: Andalusians [message #2001548 is a reply to message #2000454 ] Thu, 09 September 2010 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
Jessigirl, your guys look lovely! How big are they?

I've been looking for some wallpaper and just found this:

http://www.tangletree-interiors.co.uk/wallpaper/lewis-and-wo od/book-1-from-lewis-and-wood/equus/equus-lw-74109/

Thought it was lovely! And some of the horses look quite Spanish Smile .

Bramare Spanish Horses
Re: Andalusians [message #2002004 is a reply to message #2001548 ] Thu, 09 September 2010 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1
bramarespanishhorses wrote on Thu, 09 September 2010 10:10

Jessigirl, your guys look lovely! How big are they?

The mare (Andaluka Alboroza) is about 17hh with a lil bit of filling out left to do and my boy (Andaluka Aquino) I would guess is about 16.2hh
Re: Andalusians [message #2006797 is a reply to message #1997437 ] Tue, 14 September 2010 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dander1990  is currently offline dander1990  
Level 5
Hi,

What is the classification day coming up?

Is there somewhere/website I can get more info?

Thx Smile
Re: Andalusians [message #2006900 is a reply to message #2006797 ] Tue, 14 September 2010 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Calliope  
Level 1
Hi Dander,

the classification day you are talking about is probably the upcoming revision (approving mares & stallions as breeding stock) which is planned for October as far as I am aware.

There is some more information at:
http://www.preaa.com.au

Or there is the assessment tour coming up for pure breds, which will be similar to the WB assessments (horses shown in hand and evaluated on conformation (8 areas) and movement (each gait).

This is happening in November, and there is more information at:
http://www.acpre-australia.org.au/2010PREAssessmentTour.html

www.aquilaPRE.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #2008400 is a reply to message #2006900 ] Wed, 15 September 2010 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 5
Thanks for that Calliope

I don't think my mare is eligible to do either, she is only registered with the AHAA.

Oh well Smile
Re: Andalusians [message #2008587 is a reply to message #2008400 ] Wed, 15 September 2010 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Calliope  
Level 1
That's a shame, Dander.

But she might be eligible for the ACPRE Assessment tour - why don't you contact ACPRE and find out?

www.aquilaPRE.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #2008766 is a reply to message #2008587 ] Wed, 15 September 2010 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
Dander, your girl will be eligible for inclusion in PRE Mundial. ACPRE are running the Open Revision (in October I think) on behalf of The Foundation.

I'm putting all my AHAA (non-PRE) horses forward for inclusion in PRE Mundial Smile

Bramare Spanish Horses
Re: Andalusians [message #2009029 is a reply to message #2008766 ] Wed, 15 September 2010 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Calliope  
Level 1
BSH, the assessment tour will be running from the 6th - 20th November - the dates were changed a few weeks back.

I'm really looking forward to it - I think it is certainly a step in the right direction to have objective assessments of the PREs in this country.

Now, if we can only organise qualified tribunals here, I will be over the moon! Laughing

www.aquilaPRE.com.au
Re: Andalusians [message #2009162 is a reply to message #2009029 ] Thu, 16 September 2010 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
That's great Calliope - I was going to struggle to be ready for October!

Dander, what is the breeding of your mare?

Bramare Spanish Horses
Re: Andalusians [message #2009838 is a reply to message #2009162 ] Thu, 16 September 2010 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
I'm very excited - our KEFREN, UTRERANO and IMPACIENTE semen has finally left Spain! It is currently in Paris and on its way to Australia. Should be here and through quarantine early next week, fingers crossed Smile

Bramare Spanish Horses
Re: Andalusians [message #2010458 is a reply to message #2009162 ] Fri, 17 September 2010 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 5
She is by Anchorbar Fornido out of Anchorbar Idora.

Does registration with the PRE Mundial make her a "Pre" horse? What is the difference between the two??? Confused
Re: Andalusians [message #2010462 is a reply to message #2010458 ] Fri, 17 September 2010 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 1 - Advanced
My understanding Dander is that horses in PRE Mundial are also referred to as PRE. PRE Mundial is run exactly as the old system was - people from the Spanish Military come out and evaluate our horses, providing us with score cards and feedback etc.

I have a mare of very similar breeding to yours that I'll be putting forward (Anchorbar Fornido x Anchorbar Dacia II). It would be fantastic to see as many non-PRE owners as possible take up this opportunity. Here is the latest info from ACPRE (not sure how it will cut and paste, but you'll get the idea - if you want the full email please PM me and I'll forward it to you):

ASOCIACIÓN DE CABALLOS DE PURA RAZA ESPAÑOLA AUSTRALIA Inc.
ABN 31 298 721 738
Our Patron; His Excellency, The Ambassador to Spain in Australia
Ambassador D. Carlos Sánchez de Boado y de la Válgoma.
Established & Incorporated in 1998

Members & friends of the P.R.E. Horse,
We would like to invite you and your P.R.E. horses to attend both the
2010 Revision Tour and Breed Evaluation Program.

Entries close 30th September 2010

5th - 18th November 2010

Coronel D. Francisco Javier Velázquez Rivera has confirmed that Col Alberto Zapatero has been appointed to conduct the 2010 Revision in Australia on behalf of the P.R.E.Mundial. We welcome back Col Zapatero from Spain and look forward to his expert advice on the P.R.E. breed.

COL ZAPATERO comes armed with

35+ years of experience and an in-depth knowledge in evaluating & judging the P.R.E. horse, for the CRIA CABALLAR (Administrators of the SSB for almost a century),
as an International Show Judge for the F.P.S.H.
as well as an Official Breed Accreditor for the P.R.E. MUNDIAL

Col. Zapatero will be able to provide owners at venues in each state, as required, with
P.R.E. Mundial registration process.
EQUIPRE Breed Evaluation Program; CONFORMATION AND MOVEMENT ASSESSMENTS open to all P.R.E. horses across Australia (*REGISTRATION WITH THE SSB OR P.R.E. MUNDIAL REQUIRED) *pending also accepted, if in progress
P.R.E. Breed seminars in each state; all very welcome.
REVISION ; We are very pleased to announce that

P.R.E. Mundial Revision is OPEN REVISION,

which allows more horses to be presented. To be eligible to present for Valoration, your horse must be *Inscribed (see below) in the SSB or with the P.R.E. Mundial. *pending also accepted, if in progress

Your horse will be measured, and its conformation, breed type and movement will be detailed & assessed. If you missed having your P.R.E. registered previously in the Spanish Stud Book , please visit www.prehorse.org and check your horses' eligibility. If you are unsure about their eligibility etc, please complete as much of the forms as possible and then contact this office for help if needed. On the day, owners each receive a Revision Score Sheet which is a private document; it is up to you, the owner if you wish to share this.
PLEASE NOTE; the fees on www.prehorse.org are in US$; please refer to www.acpre-australia.org.au site at the end of July for fees set for Australia.

INSCRIPTION; As we do not have a lot of time to have Vets authorized, Col Zapatero will be able to do Inscriptions for owners.
Your horse MUST BE MICROCHIPPED before the day or it can not be Inscribed. Please contact the office if you require this specific service; there is a nominal fee for him to do this (proably less than your Vet?).
Microchips are available from the office for $25 ( the fee also includes essential Lifetime Registration in the C.A.R. Database,Victoria). Introducers may be ordered from the office for $10 each.

If you require forms to have your Vet authorized , please email the office.

DNA will be done by hair testing, at Davis USA (AUS$70). ACPRE-Australia Inc will ALSO continue to maintain a secured bank IN AUSTRALIA of all samples lodged through us for P.R.E.Mundial registration. We believe this to be imperative; to have this information on hand for the P.R.E.breed here now and into the future. This is part of our service to owners and our mission to protect & preserve the P.R.E. breed here.

For the protection of all our horses, all horses participating in any aspect of this tour must present proof of current Tetanus/ Strangles vaccination 1 month before the tour commences ( i.e. 5th October). ( As with past Revisions & EQUIPRE) Please have your Vet use the relevant section in your Passport to log this in and/or place the sticker from the Vaccine syringe & date details etc in the appropriate boxes. A record form is attached for your convenience if you are waiting to receive your Passport. You need to include a copy with your entry form.

EQUIPRE Breed Evaluation Program; This is another wonderful innovation from the Foundation which can benefit so many owners across our huge country.
NB:No ridden functionality test required this year.

ACPRE-Australia Inc members entry / horse is AUS
$100 / horse
2-3 horses $90 / horse
4 horses or more $75 / horse
Non member $200 /horse
Entries close 30th September 2010

Any P.R.E. horse ( geldings included), may enter this program,which will be held concurrently with the Revisions at venues in each state; one-stop showing for owners!
Each horse's conformation & type will be expertly evaluated by Col Zapatero, plus a short workout will be required to show the horse in 3 paces. This will be assessed ( 2 handlers are acceptable).
The points allocated will be totaled on an individual score sheet ( see both Valoration & sample evaluation forms as attached; quite apart from Valoration) and this score & a short video clip of the horses will be loaded online to allow owners nationally & internationally to share in the process.
The result is a public result.
At the conclusion of the tour, outstanding horses will be awarded commendations on results/ scores from the national program.
How Does this benefit me?

This program offers owners & breeders many benefits

your horse will be evaluated by an expert, international judge with decades of experience in judging P.R.E.horses in Spain and overseas. This is perfect for horses previously valorated when less mature or those assessed for breeding, under a less comprehensive process.
you receive a personal, signed, dated evaluation score sheet as a permanent record of your horse's achievement on the day
As it is planned to run this assessment program annually, you can track the improvement in your horses' scores, and the improvement in your breeding program over time.
the program is educational both for the owner and all who attend, as well as all those online
the owner has a current evaluation of his or her horse, especially helpful for some stallions which may have been less mature when valorated as 3 year olds etc.
current documentation assists you when buying/selling or selecting the most appropriate horse for breeding
the public nature of this program offers international exposure to studs and their horses, as results etc will be displayed on our website as well as being included in the Australian news in the internationally circulated Foundation publication " The P.R.E. Horse"; bonus advertising!
interested owners in all states will be able to see the scoring and movement of horses involved, on line as soon as possible, enabling them to save time away and travel costs.
interested owners in all states will be able to see the success of specific bloodlines and the trends in height and / or movement within a certain lineage etc.
protects our P.R.E. horses from & minimizes the risk of travel stress,colic & illness which may result from unnecessary travel across state borders to be part of a national evaluation process
owners will have opportunity to discuss aspects of the process during seminars, to be held in conjunction with the evaluation days.
should our borders be closed (as with EI outbreaks etc) the "show can go on"
unites and educates P.R.E. owners and the public across our very large country & overseas
promotes our P.R.E. breed nationally & internationally
all horses entered will be eligible to win the stunning Bronze P.R.E.horse plaques, mounted on blackwood, by Scupltor, Joanne Sullivan-Gessler. www.sullivansculpture.co.nz , as well as other awards.
in addition, with the way this program is run we feel proud to be minimizing our contribution to the overall carbon footprint!

In future, this Evaluation process, along with Valoration, will be but two of the necessary tools to facilitate in the training of our new P.R.E. judges. For aspiring judges to shadow behind such experienced men and continue to see as many examples of the P.R.E. breed as possible, is imperative to their building of knowledge and the discerning eye needed to qualify as a P.R.E Judge.(More information about the updated and extended P.R.E. Judging course will be available soon via www.acpre.australia.org.au)
Please share this invitation with those who you feel may be interested to participate in any aspect of the program.Information on preparing a P.R.E.horse for a P.R.E. show is attached to assist you in the weeks before 5th November.

If you wish to host a Revision / Evaluation day/ Seminar at your property or have a suitable venue you wish to suggest or wish to assist with driving Col Zapatero in your area, we would love to hear from you; please email your information to the office. Your input is appreciated very much.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email the office and your question will be answered. If we need confirmation from the Foundation / P.R.E.Mundial we will happily obtain this for you.

FREE Advertising for new members All new members joining before 31st August will receive 3 months FREE ACPRE-Australia Inc WEBSITE advertising for either your stud, stallion or your P.R.E. horse for sale. Email for details/guidelines please.

Foundation "The P.R.E.Horse" FREE magazine offer; We have some copies of the previous issues and if you would like one, please send us a stamped ( approx $2.50) self addressed A4 envelope and one will be sent out to you with compliments of the Foundation for the Pure Spanish Horse (F.P.S.H.). Our members receive 4 issues/year as part of ACPRE-Australia Inc. membership fees, as well as 50% discounts on many F.P.S.H. Revision & Advertising dues.

ACPRE-Australia Inc wishes to thank the "Foundation for the Pure Spanish Horse" (F.P.S.H.) for the help and support it provides to the P.R.E. horses and their owners, both here in Australia and internationally.

The Directors

(Mr) Graham Evans (SA), (Mrs) Jane Evans (SA), (Ms) Sarah Roberts (VIC) , (Ms) Leigh Burns (NSW)

Attachments;

Vaccination Form
Preparing a P.R.E. Horse
Revision Score Sheet
Example Evaluation sheet
Rules & Regulations
Membership Form
Proudly affiliated with the Foundation for the Pure Spanish Horse, P.R.E. Mundial and PREA.
Qualifying P.R.E.Judges through the International College of P.R.E. Judges, Spain, MELPI and the Foundation for the Pure Spanish Horse.

www.acpre-australia.org.au
PO Box 453 Mt Barker 5251 SA

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

This email, and any attachments, is confidential and also privileged. If you are not the intended recipient:
Please notify the sender and delete all copies of this transmission along with any attachments immediately.
You should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. If printed in error, please destroy all copies. Should you not wish to remain on this email list please advise by return email. Thankyou. ©2010 A.C.P.R.E.-Australia Inc

Bramare Spanish Horses
Re: Andalusians [message #2010556 is a reply to message #2010458 ] Fri, 17 September 2010 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Mac  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
dander1990 wrote on Fri, 17 September 2010 06:21

She is by Anchorbar Fornido out of Anchorbar Idora.

Does registration with the PRE Mundial make her a "Pre" horse? What is the difference between the two??? Confused

Pics please. Very Happy

Re: Andalusians [message #2011969 is a reply to message #11611 ] Sat, 18 September 2010 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
  becca280183  is currently offline becca280183  
Level 3
hi guys,
more questions from the novice PRE owner!!
I was just wondering, my filly is due for breeding approval in the upcoming valoration trip, she is up to height just (about 152cm), but I was just wondering do they take the height of shoes into consideration when doing height measurement? Just one of those things that sprung into my curious little mind when I was thinking about the process!!
Previous Topic:All things Western (Western Pleasure, Cutting, Reining etc)
Next Topic:Standardbreds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 19 11:30:03 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.27263 seconds
.:: Home ::.