[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » General - On Topic » Feeding Eggs to Horses
Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1990802] Mon, 30 August 2010 18:26 Go to next message
  sunbeach  is currently offline sunbeach  
Level 1 - Advanced
Hello All

I read the other day that you can feed eggs (chook or duck) to horses.
I asked my vet today and he said it was perfectly ok. A good source of protein.
So my question is do any of you feed eggs to your horses, and if so how many and how regularly? And is it for a specific purpose?
My horse is a 14.2 quarterhorse in regular work. So I wanted to know what would be suitable for him.
Thanks

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1990813 is a reply to message #1990802 ] Mon, 30 August 2010 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  martina  is currently offline martina  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
I do feed eggs to my horses and have been doing that for over 35 years !
Haven't lately or better only, when I thought about it Razz
In Germany I had my own chooks, so I fed it more often. Ponies to big horses average 1-2 eggs a week.
Do a search on here .... there was a lengthy/heated debate about feeding eggs.
I think it improved their coats and apart from that they all love the taste Cool
Cheers MARTINA

[Updated on: Mon, 30 August 2010 18:40]

Visit The City Barn

index.php?t=getfile&id=468031&private=0

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1990826 is a reply to message #1990802 ] Mon, 30 August 2010 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Groucho  
Salmonella anyone?

Raw egg white inhibit the uptake of biotin

Horses are herbivores

If you want protein, feed lucerne
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1990840 is a reply to message #1990826 ] Mon, 30 August 2010 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Groucho wrote on Mon, 30 August 2010 18:56

Salmonella anyone?
Shocked Uh, have I been lucky all these years !!Raw egg white inhibit the uptake of biotin
Uh, again .... I didn't know that !
Horses are herbivores
Sure, but did you know there was a study done on wild horses and they helped themselves to eggs Very Happy
Oh and all my Vets/horse diet people don't have nothing against it either

If you want protein, feed lucerne

Sure, but if you have eggs easily available - Why not !?
Cheers MARTINA

Visit The City Barn

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1990931 is a reply to message #1990840 ] Mon, 30 August 2010 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  FULLTHROTTLEDASH  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
There would be little if any nutritional benefit to feeding horses one or two eggs per week.
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1991427 is a reply to message #1990802 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yarada  is currently offline Yarada  
Level 5
Years ago!!!! when I was a strapper we would put eggs and guiness in the feed,didn't know what the guiness would do but I sometimes took a swig, not real good warm. Laughing Laughing
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1991659 is a reply to message #1990826 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  DressageDreamer  
Level 4
Groucho wrote on Mon, 30 August 2010 18:56

Salmonella anyone?

I'm assuming you are saying there is a risk of a horse contracting salmonella poisoning from raw egg? if so ... this is not an issue in Australia. In the US they are advised not to eat raw eggs because of salmonella, the same does not apply in Australia (obviously there is always a minor risk, but getting hit by a bus is also a risk).

Raw eggs are fine (eaten a good chocolate mousse lately? - probably had raw egg whites in it) for humans - so I doubt horses are at any more risk.
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1991741 is a reply to message #1990802 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybear  is currently offline Maybear
Level 5
When we bought our first property, it had a winter creek going through it, Horses had good grazing plus hard feed, happy, healthy, albeit a bit fat. Dusk went out to big paddock to bring horses in, was running a bit late, got my big girl, Alpha mare, lead her in the rest follow, I'm just walking her in daydreaming and her head shot down to the ground, I heard a screech and to my horror, saw she was munching on a FROG!!!
I just about lost my lunch. Next day had vet out, convinced they had some dreadful deficiancy, full blood picture ran on each one, cost me a fortune, results back 3 weeks later. Nothing all fine. I saw this behavior a few more times in the five years we were there. Meggie, also swiped a piece of KFC clean out of my sons hand, and looked for more after devouring it! seen horses at shows, nick and scoff, hot dog and meat pie, fairy floss, I get that one, Smile and I've seen a horse stomp on the shell of a long necked turtle, whether he intended to eat it or not I'll never know, he didn't get the chance.

My treasures do not chink or glitter, They gleam in the sun and neigh softly into the night.
Old Bedoin Saying.

The world always looks better when you look at it framed by your horse's ears.

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1991849 is a reply to message #1990802 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Stormytreehorse  
Level 2
When I was younger and agisting my first horse, we used to occsionally get left in charge of the property when the owner was away, which included collecting the eggs from the chook pen. I'm not ure why, but none of them ever made it out the feed shed, the horses daily getting an egg or two in their feed.
I've heard of people feeding dogs eggs in their feed. Not sure why?? I always thought it was to do with improving their coat and giving them a healthy shine, though I dont know if someone told me that or if I just made it up??
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1992041 is a reply to message #1990802 ] Tue, 31 August 2010 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  percyp  
Level 3
Years ago when I use to show allot I use to put a raw egg into the feeds to improve the coat (it was quite common then) however it was also known on some horses to have an affect on temperment/behaviour. I never had any negative affects with my lot but I have heard of the odd horse behaving badly when on them. It does improve coat shine although not as well as some products I later used like Nutrimol etc.
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1992510 is a reply to message #1990802 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  arnold  is currently offline arnold  
Level 2
Sorry, but there is a risk of salmonella from raw eggs. The risk is small, but there ia a risk, especially if the eggs are cracked. There was actually quite a recent outbreak which led to a large recall of eggs in Queensland. It could have been much worse but the cause was detected in time. There was an even bigger outbreak in the USA. Salmonella lives in the digestive tract of mammals, irrespective of what country they are in!! It is for this reasn, that you will not find products made with raw eggs with no kill step(ie high heat temp) such as pavlova in aged care facilities. I could go on and on, as this is the area I work in but will shut up now Smile
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1992736 is a reply to message #1990802 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Red Hurricane  
Level 1 - Advanced
Good job the egg in my bacon and egg sandwich was cooked when Tarkin swiped it out of my hand. I can rest easy now Laughing
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1992763 is a reply to message #1990802 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  bayview  
Out of my way, I am in the midst of a hoo haa monologue
i now have visions of people adding scambled eggs to horses feeds Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

can someone elaborate for me tho....

"Salmonella lives in the digestive tract of mammals, irrespective of what country they are in"

If the salmonella is already in the digestive tract of a mammal (horse/human) how does feeding egg change this???

Unless Arnold is refering to chooks, but chooks arent mammals...???????????

For a little while, I was feeding eggs to my horse, but only if I was on egg collection duty.. otherwise, it was too far to go to get an egg from the fridge to add to feeds... Horse was a nutter anyway, so unsure if there was a change in behaviour... and had a shiny coat aswell...

"I'm not Heartless, I just view the world different to you..."

"The foxes we shoot, save the wildlife you love"
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1992862 is a reply to message #1992763 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sunbeach  is currently offline sunbeach  
Level 1 - Advanced
Yes I read this too.
A horse is more likely to get salmonella if it has 1 or 2 large feeds per day rather than 4 smaller ones, something to do the fermentation time and process.
Anyway, would not want to do anything that would increase risk of my horse getting it. So still need to learn more.
Thanks for all the replies. Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 01 September 2010 13:50]

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1992928 is a reply to message #1992763 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Neisje  is currently offline Neisje  
bayview wrote on Wed, 01 September 2010 12:49

can someone elaborate for me tho....

"Salmonella lives in the digestive tract of mammals, irrespective of what country they are in"

If the salmonella is already in the digestive tract of a mammal (horse/human) how does feeding egg change this???

Unless Arnold is refering to chooks, but chooks arent mammals...???????????

Bad bacteria, like salmonella, live in our gut but the good bacteria kills it if we are healthy enough, or at least keeps it under control. If you become weak/sick/not eating good food etc the bad bacteria can take over (think of the adds for yakult or other probiotics to restore the 'good bacteria' after bad diet, heavy drinking, using antibiotics, ilness and so on) When animals pass manure, they often pass out the bad bacteria (such as salmonella) onto the ground as well, so sometimes if a horse say grazes on pasture that ducks have $hit on and spread salmonella bacteria everywhere the horses get it because the bacteria takes over and kills their good bacteria. But a normal healthy horse would need large doses of salmonella to get sick from it, because its good bacteria would fight it, a sick horse or say one on antibiotis or that has been off its feed etc would only need a vert small dose to get sick, because its own good bacteria would already be depleted and its own bad bacteria would already be starting to take over, so add a bit extra and bang you get a full blown illness.

Eggs contain salmonella via the ovaries of the chicken, and just like any other animal some will not have it because they are healthy enough that their good bacteria keep it under control/kill it, but others will be carrying it and will pass it on in their eggs. So just like the horse eating grass $hit on by infected birds/animals, if its given an egg from an infected chicken if the horse is very healthy it would need lots of infected eggs to get sick, but if its weak/off feed/sick/on antibiotics etc then a single egg could be enough to make it sick.

Does that make sense? Rolls Eyes

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...
'Oh ****...she's awake!!'
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1992980 is a reply to message #1990802 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  bayview  
Thanks....

"I'm not Heartless, I just view the world different to you..."

"The foxes we shoot, save the wildlife you love"
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1993049 is a reply to message #1992980 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  artepko  
Completely Insane
Why the hell would you feed eggs to a horse?? Come on, how ridiculous. Feeding coconut and seaweed is bad enough, but FFS, eggs?

Thats just weird and wrong on so many levels. Confused

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE, DO IT YOURSELF.
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1993065 is a reply to message #1992980 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  artepko  
Completely Insane
Im still trying to work out if this is a joke topic or for real.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 September 2010 16:16]

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1993085 is a reply to message #1993065 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Neisje  is currently offline Neisje  
artepko wrote on Wed, 01 September 2010 16:15

Im still trying to work out if this is a joke topic or for real.

It for real. It used to be common practice to feed eggs to horses, but then it used to also be common practice to feed arsenic to horses (years ago it was in every horse feed) but we learnt it was bad for them (eg it killed them Rolls Eyes ). So sometimes just because they used to do it and it was a fad way back when, doesn't mean its safe for your horse!

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...
'Oh ****...she's awake!!'
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1993583 is a reply to message #1990802 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Topaz  is currently offline Topaz  
Level 5
If you want to up protein Lupins are a good sourse somewhere around 27-33% protein, but you also don't want to overdo protein as this can cause problems. I wouldn't feed eggs to horses, bit like making a vegan eat them... or meat........ um ahh nahh Shocked
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1993619 is a reply to message #1993049 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
artepko wrote on Wed, 01 September 2010 16:04

Why the hell would you feed eggs to a horse?? Come on, how ridiculous. Feeding coconut and seaweed is bad enough, but FFS, eggs?

Eggs have been fed for centuries and again - horses in the wild do know how and when to get to eggs !! Extra source of protein for the breeding season Cool
Eggs are an excellent muscle builder and conditioner for horses and therefore a valuable addition to the diet !
Yes, there is the use of coconut, seaweed, green lipped mussel, chia, raw garlic and other weird herbs and spices ..... oh and FFS Very Happy ( Full Fat Soy )
What ever works Razz so No it's not a joke or old wives tale !
Cheers MARTINA

[Updated on: Wed, 01 September 2010 22:57]

Visit The City Barn

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1993665 is a reply to message #1993619 ] Wed, 01 September 2010 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 5
martina wrote on Wed, 01 September 2010 22:56

artepko wrote on Wed, 01 September 2010 16:04

Eggs have been fed for centuries and again - horses in the wild do know how and when to get to eggs !! Extra source of protein for the breeding season Cool
Eggs are an excellent muscle builder and conditioner for horses and therefore a valuable addition to the diet !
Yes, there is the use of coconut, seaweed, green lipped mussel, chia, raw garlic and other weird herbs and spices ..... oh and FFS Very Happy ( Full Fat Soy )
What ever works Razz so No it's not a joke or old wives tale !
Cheers MARTINA

This. I stuffed it up, Do you just change text colour to respond or add to a quote?

[Updated on: Wed, 01 September 2010 23:46]

My treasures do not chink or glitter, They gleam in the sun and neigh softly into the night.
Old Bedoin Saying.

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1993822 is a reply to message #1993665 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Carola Adolf  is currently offline Carola Adolf  
Level 3
.... yes - the mind boggles.
Eggs seem to be such a natural horse food. It originates way back somewhere in evolution when horses were flying from tree to tree, pinching eggs out of nests - much to the horror of unsuspecting birdies...who thought Equus soandso and co were actually herbivores...... But well.... even in Germany they are a bit "strange"... Smile

Cheers,
C.

www.EquineBareHoofCare.org
Hoofcare and Education
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1993894 is a reply to message #1993822 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carola Adolf wrote on Thu, 02 September 2010 08:41

Eggs seem to be such a natural horse food. It originates way back somewhere in evolution when horses were flying from tree to tree, pinching eggs out of nests - much to the horror of unsuspecting birdies...who thought Equus soandso and co were actually herbivores...... But well.... even in Germany they are a bit "strange"... Smile

Cheers,
C.

Studies on wild horses where made in Germany, France, South America and some Nordic country !
There were seen to rub and rattle on trees to get the nests out. Find water bird nests along the rivers/streams and so on. The interesting part was ( I thought ) that they knew exactely when to look for them etc.
Yep, must be the source of extra protein ..... as stallions in particular were seen to rip bark off certain tree to eat some type of grub Shocked So much for the herivores then ! Razz
Oh, they discovered that horses were self-medicating to. When they had diarrhea problems, they would find a burned tree and eat the charcoal !!! Well, everybody knows they eat some form of dirt or lick on rocks for the salt and minerals.
All I am trying to say is - its' not like something weird to feed at all !!
Surely coconut, shark cartilage, green lipped mussel, seaweeds and the likes is way more unusual !?
If it works and is available and does not harm the horse -
Why not !!?? Cheers MARTINA

Visit The City Barn

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1993917 is a reply to message #1993894 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 3
?(really??!?!?.... there is someone "studying" this????)
Could you give us your source of these "studies", please.
Very curious.....
It is similar to the idea of feeding (processed) mussle products etc. (however, horses consuming stranded kelp seems to be reasonable - I have seen it!)

"Studies on wild horses where made in Germany, France, South America and some Nordic country !
There were seen to rub and rattle on trees to get the nests out. Find water bird nests along the rivers/streams and so on."

Sorry, that makes me laugh- sounds like you made that up Smile

C.

Hoofcare and Education
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1993928 is a reply to message #1993917 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carola Adolf wrote on Thu, 02 September 2010 09:55

?(really??!?!?.... there is someone "studying" this????)
Could you give us your source of these "studies", please.
Very curious.....
It is similar to the idea of feeding (processed) mussle products etc. (however, horses consuming stranded kelp seems to be reasonable - I have seen it!)

"Studies on wild horses where made in Germany, France, South America and some Nordic country !
There were seen to rub and rattle on trees to get the nests out. Find water bird nests along the rivers/streams and so on."

Sorry, that makes me laugh- sounds like you made that up Smile

C.

Nope - it was on TV in Germany part of a series about "wild animals" and there was an article ( which I might have somewhere ) still ?! Hope you can read German Razz
Cheers MARTINA

Visit The City Barn

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1993969 is a reply to message #1993822 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 5
Carola Adolf wrote on Thu, 02 September 2010 08:41

Cheers,
C.

Carola Have you not heard of birds nesting on the ground? Ducks, swans, puffins, terns, mutton birds, oooh chooks, just a few that come to mind. I'm with Martina on this one. Personally, I do not feed eggs, Nor am I conviced that horses are total herbivores, particularly after witnessing the frog eating, can you declare, without a shadow of doubt that your horses have never indulged on a dark rainy night? Frogs, eggs who knows what else?

Cheers Ash. Question

Old Bedoin Saying.

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1994508 is a reply to message #1993969 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  artepko  
Completely Insane
Anyone know what the lifespan of a horse in the wild is? Far shorter than one in captivity. Maybe this is due to eating eggs Laughing

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1994605 is a reply to message #1994508 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 3
Ja, Martina: Ich spreche besser Deutsch als Englisch. Hoffe Du findest den Artikel - bin schon gespannt. Wenn's im Deutschen TV war, muss es wohl korrekt sein.....hmm.
Cheers,
Carola

Just for fun, Ash.... give your horse the choice: Put an egg (if you like that of a wild ground nester or your favourite water bird... whichever is handy) in front of your horses' nose, and see what happens. Let me know if it goes "crunch and slurp."

Hoofcare and Education
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1994616 is a reply to message #1990802 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Groucho  
Oh FFS Rolls Eyes

If horses were truly omnivorous, as some of you would have us believe..surely the wild brumbies would have taken to eating kangaroos and wombats by now

If a horse ate meat as a one off occurance...or did it chase the frog around the paddock, kill then eat it....its quite possibly lacking protein (via plant material), or was curious

Horses are NOT omnivorous...very very few flight animals are, because if a horse was truly lusting after meat/eggs/quarter pounders/steak sangas....Im quite sure he would have evolved as a fight animal instead Rolls Eyes

Otherwise, we'd see every horse every where mungin out on some frog legs, or a low flying duck
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1994666 is a reply to message #1994605 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carola Adolf wrote on Thu, 02 September 2010 19:21

Ja, Martina: Ich spreche besser Deutsch als Englisch. Hoffe Du findest den Artikel - bin schon gespannt. Wenn's im Deutschen TV war, muss es wohl korrekt sein.....hmm.
Cheers,
Carola
Klasse Very Happy Muss es suchen, da es ein paar Jahre zurueck liegt.
Kannst Du beim uebersetzen helfen ?!
Laughing Nur weil es im Deutschen Fernsehen war, heisst nicht, dass es wahr ist ..... kann ja ein Trick sein Rolls Eyes

Just for fun, Ash.... give your horse the choice: Put an egg (if you like that of a wild ground nester or your favourite water bird... whichever is handy) in front of your horses' nose, and see what happens. Let me know if it goes "crunch and slurp."
Not sure with a wild eggs, but mine slurp it up no worries !!
Mine don't eat the shell - they are not that WILD Razz
Cheer MARTINA

Visit The City Barn

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1994735 is a reply to message #1994666 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 3
Haaahahahaaaaaaa - Groucho.... I can just see my Welshi launching at the low flying wood-ducks taking off from the dam in fear....
ahh - priceless. I needed a laugh.

C.

Hoofcare and Education
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1994785 is a reply to message #1990802 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Topaz  is currently offline Topaz  
Level 5
Hang on... horses flying from tree to tree.... were you being serious? They started out as a Hyracotherium... ground dwelling with four toes....
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1994803 is a reply to message #1994735 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carola Adolf wrote on Thu, 02 September 2010 20:53

Haaahahahaaaaaaa - Groucho.... I can just see my Welshi launching at the low flying wood-ducks taking off from the dam in fear....

C.

You need a laugh .... come to my paddock and see a 16.3hh WB being attacked by a few "pair's" of ducks atm !!!
Well, looks like "A" couple is nesting in between the paddocks
( horse can't get to it )
Lucky, as he will eat them eggs - that's for SURE !
Funny thing to watch is when they watschel ( that's German slang Very Happy ) through the paddock - He herds them, very gently at this stage !!!
Let you know when he stomped/killed and ate one Laughing Laughing Razz
( the duck I mean, as he eats eggs already )
Cheers MARTINA

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2010 21:49]

Visit The City Barn

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1994810 is a reply to message #1994785 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Topaz wrote on Thu, 02 September 2010 21:34

Hang on... horses flying from tree to tree.... were you being serious? They started out as a Hyracotherium... ground dwelling with four toes....

Oi - never seen a Unicorn or one of them thing's in the Harry Potter Movie ?!
Sure they are around .... and sure they eat more than eggs Razz
You need a lot of energy and protein to FLY !!
Cheers MARTINA

Visit The City Barn

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1995007 is a reply to message #1994616 ] Fri, 03 September 2010 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Tango27  
Level 1 - Advanced
Groucho wrote on Thu, 02 September 2010 19:30

Oh FFS Rolls Eyes

If horses were truly omnivorous, as some of you would have us believe..surely the wild brumbies would have taken to eating kangaroos and wombats by now

If a horse ate meat as a one off occurance...or did it chase the frog around the paddock, kill then eat it....its quite possibly lacking protein (via plant material), or was curious

Horses are NOT omnivorous...very very few flight animals are, because if a horse was truly lusting after meat/eggs/quarter pounders/steak sangas....Im quite sure he would have evolved as a fight animal instead Rolls Eyes

Otherwise, we'd see every horse every where mungin out on some frog legs, or a low flying duck

Laughing Laughing fabulous!
Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1995023 is a reply to message #1994803 ] Fri, 03 September 2010 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  artepko  
Completely Insane
martina wrote on Thu, 02 September 2010 21:48

Carola Adolf wrote on Thu, 02 September 2010 20:53

C.

You need a laugh .... come to my paddock and see a 16.3hh WB being attacked by a few "pair's" of ducks atm !!!
Well, looks like "A" couple is nesting in between the paddocks
( horse can't get to it )
Lucky, as he will eat them eggs - that's for SURE !
Funny thing to watch is when they watschel ( that's German slang Very Happy ) through the paddock - He herds them, very gently at this stage !!!
Let you know when he stomped/killed and ate one Laughing Laughing Razz
( the duck I mean, as he eats eggs already )
Cheers MARTINA

That is very unusual behaviour for a horse...

Re: Feeding Eggs to Horses [message #1995058 is a reply to message #1995023 ] Fri, 03 September 2010 09:12 Go to previous message
Level 3
... but they are Martina's horses. Confused
Better go and trim a few predatorial, omnivorous herd animals. (some might have more than one toe per limb.... That, of course would be a thrill!!)
(everybody has different eggsperiences as it seems.... ) oh I love it...... Laughing Laughing
C.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 September 2010 09:13]

Hoofcare and Education
Previous Topic:Welsh A Papers
Next Topic:DO YOU HAVE AN EXTENDED FLOAT AND GO TO DOONGALA?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Nov 1 13:31:33 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02467 seconds

.:: Home ::.