[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » Breeds » Cleveland Bays
Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2499660 is a reply to message #2490342 ] Wed, 07 December 2011 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Cyberhorse Mel  is currently offline Cyberhorse Mel  
Completely Insane
Yes I will hang around - lol
WE HAVE A BUSY SHOW four horses in total Cbs Andys and my special little quarabsdale - it will be good to be back a Summer ROYAL after no tmaking it last year
Looking firward t seeing all the BAY horses in the ring again.
See you all soon

Cyberhorse - everything to do with horses
Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2499808 is a reply to message #2499660 ] Thu, 08 December 2011 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Feather  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.

Mel are you bringing a CB,

Will be great to see you again.

some people truly live in a small small world.
Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2506393 is a reply to message #2499808 ] Wed, 14 December 2011 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Feather  

Went CB visiting today of course I had to take some photos
I really liked this boy
index.php?t=getfile&id=484375&private=0
but I think this one will be a better choice for Wee
index.php?t=getfile&id=484373&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=484374&private=0
Moeilion Arthur

• Attachment: IMG_0660.jpg
    (Size: 39.15KB, Downloaded 791 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_0664.jpg
    (Size: 41.39KB, Downloaded 769 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_0666.jpg
    (Size: 40.83KB, Downloaded 777 time(s))

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2507386 is a reply to message #2506393 ] Thu, 15 December 2011 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  pearl  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Fev they are both lovely and does this mean a new little one for you next year. We need more details about them. How exciting for you Smile

How is Simon going and we need more pics of the good looking lad Very Happy

Mel is showing my boy in the led and ridden gelding so a big thanks to her Smile

My knee is getting a little better each day. Went to the surgeon today and I am well ahead of where I should be so I'm a very happy girl....but just wish I could ride. I am so impatient but have to wait as I don't want to go under the knife again.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas Smile

Riding is a complicated joy. You learn something each time. It is never the same, and you never know it all.
Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2507437 is a reply to message #2507386 ] Thu, 15 December 2011 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Feather  

I am exploring possible options for Wee. With her being unsound I figure she should be doing something useful for the breed. But having a mare, getting her served and a positive scan at 45 days does not always = foal. Hence my purchasing Simon, also I don't really think I could wait for a foal to grow for my next riding horse.

Simon is doing what he seems to do best eat and not much more Laughing Poor Kap struggles to get him to play with him. I'll try to get some more photos of him in the next few days. Poor boy is all legs at the moment and more than a little fugly. But we still love him and lets face it I didn't buy him to be a show horse. SR should be interesting Laughing

Glad to hear your knee is making progress, don't think I would cope being unable to ride for that long.

Really looking forward to catching up in Jan. Will be great to see Mel too.

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2507444 is a reply to message #2507437 ] Thu, 15 December 2011 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  pearl  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
He enjoys doing what CB's like most.....eating Laughing

My boy can be anywhere and I yell carrot and he comes trotting up.

And I don't know what your talking about I think Simon is gorgeous and look forward to seeing more pics. He may well just surprise you at the SR and it will be good not to have them all the same colour Smile

Riding is a complicated joy. You learn something each time. It is never the same, and you never know it all.
Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2509044 is a reply to message #14435 ] Sat, 17 December 2011 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Shell.W  is currently offline Shell.W  
Level 2
index.php?t=getfile&id=484950&private=0

Had to share my little man with you all.... I am so in love with this baby its not funny!!!

He is by CM Bedford Forrest out of Donna Del Lago (TB).

Named: CM Legardo - and he is MINE! Smile Not going anywhere at all this fellow isnt!!!

• Attachment: b 028.JPG
    (Size: 84.89KB, Downloaded 744 time(s))

Reigate Cleveland Bay & Sporthorse Stud ~ http://www.reigatestud.com

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/17/40/77/71/signat10.jpg

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2510990 is a reply to message #2509044 ] Mon, 19 December 2011 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Feather  

he looks nice Shell. What plans do you have for him?

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2514866 is a reply to message #14435 ] Fri, 23 December 2011 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 2
Thanks Fev! Smile

Well, he is going to be a show pony on the end of a lead line til hes old enough to break in, and then he will get his career under saddle worked out and I will find a rider for him Smile

IF he is good enough to leave as a colt - then he will retain his little nuggets(ok, so NOT so little nuggets even at this age!!) for the time being and we will see what he matures like!

While he doesnt have enough CB in him to be a Reg. CBSH Stallion in Australia or NZ, he will of course be in the Warmblood Sporthorse Registry and would cross back over Bill daughters very nicely if he finishes up how I think he is going to! Smile

If he doesnt look like being stallion material in the future - then thats cool - he will make a fantastic gelding!!! As a gelding he would be looking for another home... cant justify keeping a gelding myself not being able to ride... But thats years away yet and may not happen!

Im totally in love with him :)Smile

He is a big boy now - had his microchip done on Tuesday.... YIPEE!!!

He also left home today Sad sob.... he and his mummy went down to his mummys owner.... his mummy will have a foal to Bill next year with any luck and Legardo will come over to me when hes weaned.

Tis all a bit exciting!!! And Sue, Donnas owner (Legardos mum) is totally in love with my boy!

They travelled beautifully according to Sue... Smile

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2519804 is a reply to message #2514866 ] Thu, 29 December 2011 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Feather  

good to hear he is a good traveller.

Sorry
pearl still no photo up dates of Simon, slack I know.

Life has been pretty hectic here, but the moment all is progressing well. Wee has had one positive scan, fingers crossed she stays that way. Simon seems to be getting taller and taller. He is booked in to be backed after Summer Royal Very Happy Very Happy and Kap is doing his best to be a good representative of the CB even though he is a TB.

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2520396 is a reply to message #2519804 ] Thu, 29 December 2011 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  pearl  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Nice Shell Smile

Fev great news with wee Smile and not long til we get to see Simon in the flesh. Poor boy going to the SR then having to get backed.. Laughing ...he won't know whats hit him

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2522187 is a reply to message #2520396 ] Sat, 31 December 2011 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Feather  

Here you go Pearl a Simon update. Someone suggested ponying him in preparation for his backing. Having never done it before I thought it best to do it in the "backyard" and see if I could do it.
So here is poor Simon and Kap being my guinea pigs. Both did incredibly well I thought.

index.php?t=getfile&id=487208&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=487209&private=0

Showing prep, we'll get around to it one day lol

• Attachment: IMG_1020.jpg
    (Size: 33.67KB, Downloaded 668 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_1010.jpg
    (Size: 36.07KB, Downloaded 658 time(s))

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2523339 is a reply to message #14435 ] Sun, 01 January 2012 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HeidiHorse  is currently offline HeidiHorse  
Level 5
Hello there Smile
Just wondering if anyone knows of any CB studs in Victoria, Australia preferably no more than an hour off the Mornington peninsula? I've heard of Austral Park but have no idea at all where in VIC they are based.

I honestly don't know much about the breed, but I'm looking for my next horse and have seen a few vids/photos of CB's and they seem the type I'm looking for.

Thank you Smile
Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2523563 is a reply to message #2523339 ] Sun, 01 January 2012 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  pearl  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Wow Fev hasn't he grown Smile How big is he now...he looks as big as Kapp and I am in love with his colour. He looks great Very Happy

He's taking it all well too by the looks of it. What a good boy he is and Kapp as well. Smile Vickis horses seem to have the best temperament from what I have seen. OHHH one day when the knees good I'll have to get one.

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2523598 is a reply to message #2523339 ] Sun, 01 January 2012 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Feather  

HeidiHorse wrote on Sun, 01 January 2012 14:50

Hello there Smile
Just wondering if anyone knows of any CB studs in Victoria, Australia preferably no more than an hour off the Mornington peninsula? I've heard of Austral Park but have no idea at all where in VIC they are based.

I honestly don't know much about the breed, but I'm looking for my next horse and have seen a few vids/photos of CB's and they seem the type I'm looking for.

Thank you Smile

Hello HeidiHorse,

Welcome to the CB's.

Austral Park is at Longwarry North, here is a link to their Website http://www.australparkclevelandbay.com.au/

Another Stud is Brealea Park at Heathcote

I would highly recommend you make the effort and come to Summer Royal Horse Show at Werribee and view the Clevelands being exhibited there. You will find almost all of the exhibitors will to talk to you about the breed.

Cleveland Bays are classified as a rare breed so there are not that many of them around. I find clevelands to be a quality all rounder. I personally have competed successful in Showing, Dressage, Navigation Rides, Horse Trials, Show Jumping and Combine Training on my Cleveland.

Pearl Simon is just on 16hands at the moment, so a fraction bigger than Kap. Yes he and Kap are handling it very well, I am going to have to remind myself he is just a baby and take my time bringing on.
Temperament is the attraction for me to the CBs. They are just so sensible and Simon is proving himself to be no exception

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2529017 is a reply to message #14435 ] Fri, 06 January 2012 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 2
Simon looks like he is dealing with the ponying well there Fev! :)Smile Kap looks like he doesnt mind much either! Smile

Hope everyone has a fabulous RMHS in a couple of weeks.... I have just moved last week and well, travelling to Vic is not high on the list of priorities for the limited $$ til my house sells!!! (Someone looking today and hoping to get contracts signed apparently!! I accepted their offer a few days ago, and they have driven over from WA to look in person!)....

I also have another addition.....

By CM Bedford Forrest out of a TB mare again... a filly this time:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/406320_245250002207870_100001686156216_630223_599932691_n.jpg

Still looking for a name - shes the LAST Forrest foal, and is the only filly he has sired!

LOVE her to bits! Smile She will join me here at Aldinga when shes weaned Smile

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2537830 is a reply to message #2529017 ] Sat, 14 January 2012 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Feather  

SR is seeking up on us. Poor Simon is suffering from neglect. Naughty Kap decided that he wanted a holiday and put himself out of action for a while Mad Crying or Very Sad Between doing dressings, trying to prep a substitute mount and other chores. I have barely had time to look at him.
Next week, a bit of float training is in order along with some serious plucking and preening me thinks. Hope everyone else's prep is going better than mine.

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2541308 is a reply to message #2537830 ] Tue, 17 January 2012 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  pearl  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Hey Fev your not the only one with lead up show issues Twisted Evil Nakai in the last few weeks has knocked and cut his head and had heaps of swelling on it, had colic and then has skinned his hind fetlock. Luckily nothing too serious but its the most injuries he has had in 4 years Shocked

I'm sure they know when you have something coming up. My CC mare always injured herself when we were booked in to do something and am sure she has told Nakai what to do to get out of work Laughing

Not long now to SR and looking forward to seeing everyone and their horses. By the looks of the schedule there is some purebreds so they will be great to see as well.

I love watchimg this breed Very Happy Very Happy

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2547324 is a reply to message #2541308 ] Mon, 23 January 2012 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Feather  

Oh Pearl thats no good. I am glad to hear that Simon is not going to be the only one with pieces missing from his coat.

Well its Monday only a few days to go now. Is everyone ready, in some ways I can hardly wait and in others I am feeling a little sick. Who's idea was it to enter.

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2550082 is a reply to message #2547324 ] Wed, 25 January 2012 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Feather  

ok here we are D day Shocked

Pleasing to see that the CB numbers are up again this year Very Happy That what we want to see.

Good luck to all. Remember at the end of the day we all get to take home the best horse in show and we are all winners

Good see that the SA crew are making the trip over. 3 SA CB's how good is that

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2551200 is a reply to message #2550082 ] Thu, 26 January 2012 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  pearl  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Well done to all the CB's that competed today. There were some absolutely gorgeous horses Smile Smile

Sorry that I didn't hang around after but after getting back to the float I couldn't walk any more. I currently have my knee elevated and on ice trying to get the swelling down.

Thanks heaps Fev for the tail plait Very Happy Very Happy I promise that I will practice heaps and hopefully be able to do it myself next year.

And Fev Simon did super...he sure is a spunk and has the temperament to go with it. Can't wait to see what he will look like in a year or two. I know he would look good in my paddock Razz Laughing

And a big thanks to Mel for showing my boy Smile

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2552084 is a reply to message #2551200 ] Fri, 27 January 2012 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Feather  

Yes well done to those who competed, great to see the numbers growing.

Pearl look after that knee, it would be nice to see you showing your boy next year.

There was some very nice horses there. The boy who went Supreme is an absolute magnificent looking horse. He worked beautifully for the ridden classes and went Champion Ridden.

I was very pleased with Simon, he has a long way to go, so immature compared to the others. I have no intention of rushing him for the sake of some ribbons. I would rather have him sound in 20 years time.

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2552248 is a reply to message #2552084 ] Fri, 27 January 2012 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  pearl  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
I didn't see the ridden classes but from the led classes the two that got supreme, champion and reserve were definately worthy of it Smile absolutely magnificent types

Yeah Fev hopefully next year I will be able to show him myself all going well Smile just have to keep up the physio and not do too much like yesterday Laughing its still swollen

Nakai is probably going to have a year off til I can ride unless I find someone to ride or lease him.

And I hope in a couple of years I can get a young one...that handles it as good as Simon Smile You definately got a keeper there

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2563528 is a reply to message #14435 ] Wed, 08 February 2012 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  redset  is currently offline redset  
Level 1 - Advanced
Cleveland Bay Society AGM is to be held on Sunday the 4th of March 2012 at my place in Koo Wee Rup.

The horse display starts at 11AM, then lunch and then the AGM.

If you would like to bring your CB to help with the display you are more than welcome.

Lunch provided.

We look forward to having many CB enthusiast's as possible.
Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2574457 is a reply to message #14435 ] Mon, 20 February 2012 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 2
Wow, sorry this is so late in getting and passing on the Congrats for the MSR!!

WELL DONE guys!!! :)Smile Fantastic effort and I have had a look at all Kirras, Kaths and Nikkis pics and you all looked very spiffy :)Smile

Dont know what happened with the third one from SA that was meant to go over but obviously didnt make it to the show....

The girls who went over from here had a blast!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well - Im moved now - living at Aldinga, have a couple of horses home with me at the moment, the rest are all farmed out til I get all the fencing sorted here.... work in progress! lol.....

Have a great AGM - I will only get there via phone or skype this year which is a bugger but thats all good - I dont mindas I am flat strap with stuff here!!!

Would have loved to have done the trek over and see everyone over there!!!

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2579324 is a reply to message #14435 ] Sat, 25 February 2012 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flea.billy  is currently offline flea.billy
Level 5
hey guys i have a cb x 9qh i think0 he is naughty little bugger would love to no others who have a cb but it is only a pony size so im not the only one with a weirdo cheers
Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2579727 is a reply to message #2579324 ] Sun, 26 February 2012 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  pearl  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
I will be unable to attend the AGM as my sister just passed away suddenly so will spending alot of time with her family.

I hope the day goes well and you get quite a crowd there. By the way sorry my membership hasn't been paid yet Embarassed but I will get to it in the next week or so.

Hope all the CB's and their owners are doing well Smile

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2600143 is a reply to message #2579727 ] Tue, 20 March 2012 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Feather  

Mmm not much happening with the CBs

Simon is ticking a long nicely, he has been out a couple of times now. His first outing being Summer Royal. I was very pleased with him. The judge thought he was a little underdone, but hey I want him sound in 15 years time, not hobbling around in 5.

He is booked in with the trainer after easter Very Happy I had to put it off whilst I paid of someone else vet bill Mad I am so looking forward to getting him going under saddle. He is still got quite a bit of maturing to do, so it could be a while before he gets out and about proper. I know it will be worth the wait.

Hope everyone else's CBs are going well.

I have no idea what happen at the AGM, haven't seen a report or anything

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2604530 is a reply to message #2600143 ] Sun, 25 March 2012 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  pearl  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
The CB thread is very quiet lately.

My boy is happily sitting in his paddock doing nothing.

Hopefully I can start to ride in a couple of months and am soooo looking forward to it....don't think he will Laughing he is liking his life of luxury a bit too much at the moment.

Fev how exciting that Simon will be off to the breakers. I bet you can't wait to start him.. he is such a lovely boy Smile

Hope the AGM went well and am sorry that I couldn't make it with it being in Vic. The photos looked great, lovely horses and Amber your place looks amazing Smile

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2604923 is a reply to message #2604530 ] Mon, 26 March 2012 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Feather  

I think CBs have been quite in general Pearl

I do know that one placed in level 3 at TTT CT yesterday

And I also know that one placed 6th in the D&jWTS Four Year Old Show Jumping. Her breeder, bred both Wee and Bonnee. She is out of Betty Blockbuster and by Wee and Miss B's 1/2 brother, same dam, Wensleydales Grandee. Rembo was ridden by the trainer who Simon will go to Very Happy

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2627643 is a reply to message #2604923 ] Thu, 19 April 2012 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  pearl  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Well I have some good news Very Happy

I rode my boy Smile if you can call it that.

It took me longer to saddle up than I was on but I was on Very Happy

Its been over 12 months and I am not meant to ride for another 3 months but I couldn't resist even though it hurt like hell but I did it. My boy was so good even though his age is catching up with him and he is a little stiff so the short ride was good for him and me.

I'm not sure how he will go once we get into full work which will be a while off yet so may have to look for another CB down the track to ride. If anyone knows of any nice ones for sale let me know.

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2630481 is a reply to message #14435 ] Mon, 23 April 2012 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 2
YAY Pearl on riding!!!!! Fantastic work girly!!!! :)Smile

Things have been really hectic here - I havent had time for forums in general to be honest - have been way too busy trying to get set up here properly.....

Had a lovely friend who is a Grand Prix dressage rider come and ride Bill for me last week - and shes going to come and do some work with him and get him out competing for me with any luck if all goes to plan for us all! Smile

He of course made his way down here to me a few weeks ago from Whyalla where he was with one of my dear dear friends for a couple of months while I got ready for him to come here!

He has settled in here like he owns the place! lol.... Good on him - he doesnt care where he is as long as there is food, and his women!

Rosie and Bill: (Please note that he is incredibly unfit and has not had a brush or a rug near him in ages! lol Just pulled out of the paddock and saddled up!)
index.php?t=getfile&id=506505&private=0

After Rosie got off him, our mutual friend Leonie, who has very limited use of her arms/limited strength at all - got on him and had a wander around - the smile on her face was priceless!!!
index.php?t=getfile&id=506506&private=0

Bill pricked his ears when his daughter got led out of the paddock..... Dont know what it was that cracked Rosie up here but she laughed her head off about something! lol...
index.php?t=getfile&id=506507&private=0

This is CM Desert Dreams - one of Bills sons.... hes a gelding, just 2 1/2 yrs old... and growing like a weed! Smile
index.php?t=getfile&id=506508&private=0

And of course Dreamy with Sassy (Bills daughter who has NOT grown at all!!! Shes under 14hh well and truely still!!!)
index.php?t=getfile&id=506509&private=0

[Updated on: Mon, 23 April 2012 01:00]

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2630484 is a reply to message #14435 ] Mon, 23 April 2012 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 2
A few more pics:

Bianca and Sassy - Bianca owns CM Ciarra Ashlinn - also a daughter of Bills, (and of CM Killarnie Ceilidh)....

So obviously while Ciarra is growing, and Bianca has her own lovely Arab/Stockhorse gelding to ride, she is going to do some mucking around with my little Sassy Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=506513&private=0

Here is Bianca with her own little girl - Ciarra:
index.php?t=getfile&id=506514&private=0

The buckskin in the background is Bills first grand-filly! Smile Out of his daughter CM Commanding Miss (Jenni) by Roc On - the QH stallion I had....

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2630486 is a reply to message #14435 ] Mon, 23 April 2012 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 2
CM Legardo:
index.php?t=getfile&id=506515&private=0

Legardo annoying 'uncle Roc' - the QH stallion.... lol
index.php?t=getfile&id=506516&private=0

Bill having his feet done - big wild stallion... terrible terrible beast, be afraid, be very afraid.... lol
index.php?t=getfile&id=506517&private=0

LOVE the halter :)Smile He has a matching rug!
index.php?t=getfile&id=506518&private=0

Paige and her girl Allen Park Grand Lexus - who is also by Bill! Smile
index.php?t=getfile&id=506519&private=0

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2632637 is a reply to message #14435 ] Wed, 25 April 2012 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  redset  is currently offline redset  
Level 1 - Advanced
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Well the Society is committed to attending Equitana this year. Entry form and cheque sent off.

Now to get organised.

We will need all hands on deck to help out with various roles.

We will need volunteers to help man the stand over the 4 days.

We need to do up some info and picture boards.

I would also like to do a 15min photo/footage montage to play at the stand.

We need help and ideas on whether to have a bag with goodies/info to hand out to interested people.

We are considering a membership/registration drive/ incentives etc.

Any other suggestions/ideas/help gatefully appreciated.
Please either PM me or email at akkna1@hotmail.com

Thanks
Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2637612 is a reply to message #2632637 ] Mon, 30 April 2012 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  pearl  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Amber thats great that the CB's are going to Equitana Smile If I can help out in any way so just let me know as I have the four days off work.

Shell glad to hear you are settling in to the new place. Bill looks great and fingers crossed it all goes well and you get him out competing Smile

Fev we need some Simon updates Very Happy How is he and did he go to the breakers? Hope he is going well.

I had ridden Nakai a few times, all ten minutes lol, but he has now has developed a large splint and is sore on that leg so will be rested for another few weeks Twisted Evil I'm sure he planned it just as I was starting to get a bit better. I'm starting to think I'm not meant to ride this boy again.

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2650023 is a reply to message #2637612 ] Tue, 15 May 2012 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Feather  

Hi Pearl,

Sadly no Simon has not made it to the trainers yet. Life has been a bit complicated here of late. He is not my favourite pony at the moment. I took him out on sunday and in rushing out the float (he caught me by surprise Embarassed ) he stood on my foot, taking the skin off my little toe Sad . Not his fault really, its been a while since he has been out and by himself.

Other than that he has been very good. He still is very immature, but in the last month or so he has started to fill out. I am working him a couple of times a week for a short time and have had a few rides on him Very Happy Very Happy He is such a lovely ride, the trainer may not get him Embarassed

Plan is not to do to much with him, trail riding mostly. I doubt he'll be out competing for quite sometime and I worry that even now he is doing to much. I have to remember that these horses are late developers and to much to early is not a good thing. I hope to get him to his 20's with joints as good as Kaps Very Happy He has the makings of being a great schoolmaster for the grandkids.

index.php?t=getfile&id=509950&private=0
This is his most recent photo, OH is off over the next couple of days, I'll try and get him to take some photos of him undersaddle.

What a shame about Nakai, keep at it. I know how you feel though, Kap had 6months of last year This year he injured his leg and although he has been sound for months he has a wound on his leg that I want to keep bandaged. Bandages are not permitted in competition and an exemption was not grant by the HRCAV as it maybe seen as a welfare issue Rolls Eyes Like it is better to let the wound get dirty and infected Rolls Eyes

Vet's solution take the bandage off Evil or Very Mad I just want to keep scaring to a minimum and bandaging is the way to do that.

• Attachment: IMG_3462.jpg
    (Size: 32.57KB, Downloaded 256 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 15 May 2012 08:36]

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2653238 is a reply to message #2650023 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  pearl  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Naughty Simon Shocked luckily it was only skin off your toe and not something worse. You'll have to move faster next time Shocked Laughing

He looks good and looks like he has grown some more.Its fantastic that you have been on him just goes to show his temperament. Hopefully when I get another it will have a temperament like him and not a nervous nellie like Nakai who thinks everything and everyone is out to get him Laughing

I can not trail ride him as he knocks/falls/runs into whatever is around (trees, ditches, fences ) scaring himself more while looking and moving away from what he thinks is going to eat him. Embarassed Makes for a not very enjoyable ride Laughing

Nakai is still lame and spoke to my vet and he said to wait another week or two and if no improvement then we will xray so my fingers are crossed as I really want to start doing a little bit now that the knee is getting a little stronger.

Not good about Kap and I would keep bandaged too at this time of the year with all the mud around.

Hope all the CB's and their owners are doing well Smile

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2672145 is a reply to message #2653238 ] Fri, 08 June 2012 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  pearl  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Well my vet was out at my agistment the other day for another horse and had him look at Nakai. We put him on the lunge and no lameness whatsoever so thought great can start doing things again. Rode my 10min rides for two days and came out on the third day and he is lame again. Twisted Evil only slightly every couple of strides.

I rang the vet again and he said leave him for another week as his splint was a large one and after another weeks rest if he is still not right after work then we will explore more so fingers crossed again.

Bloody horses.... if its not me out of action its him and I'm getting so frustrated at the moment and just want to start up again after at least two years of not being able to do much so sorry for the vent Embarassed

Anyways how is everyone elses CB's going. Anyone got any good news or stories. Smile

Re: Cleveland Bays [message #2672715 is a reply to message #2672145 ] Sat, 09 June 2012 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
  rourke27  is currently offline rourke27  
Level 3
I feel like a traiter posting in here i'm an andalusian lover from way back. My 4 yo andalusian was recently diagnosed with wobblers, but thats another story. The guy who owns the property where I agist had a cleveland bay sitting in his paddock getting fat so I asked him if I could ride her. Well, I'm feeling very guilty for even thinking I may have found my new favorite breed!! i'm in love!! She is 18, very unfit and out of shape so I have been taking it very slowly with her but am loving every bit of her and her amazing temperament, if I could get her back to even half of her former glory she will be so much fun for me. From the research I've done on her she has done quiet a bit of eventing with her previous owners, Any tips on getting her fit again would be appreciated.
Previous Topic:Welsh Ponies and Cobs
Next Topic:Buckskins....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 1 05:52:51 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15678 seconds

.:: Home ::.