[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » General - Off Topic » My pet hates ...rant rant
My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679070] Sun, 17 June 2012 22:25 Go to next message
  snid  is currently offline snid  
Level 2
I am completely over people that don't seem to understand how to walk 'left' on a footpath, and proceed to walk straight at you, or into you Mad ... I reckon its the height of rudeness.

Just finished working on contract in a suburb for 2 months that was mad for it. Felt like I was on another planet. After first 2 weeks though, I got bolshy and stood my ground - on the left of course Smile On one day had two people actually bash into me Shocked

Oh...and people that absolutely refuse to use their flippen indicators - does my head in.

End of rant. Smile

**I can accept failure, but I can’t accept not trying**
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679078 is a reply to message #2679070 ] Sun, 17 June 2012 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  RhemyElla  is currently offline RhemyElla  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
You're supposed to walk left on a footpath?
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679080 is a reply to message #2679070 ] Sun, 17 June 2012 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  roses4roses  
Level 1
or when your waiting for someone to go around a round about and they turn left! drives me insane! So you wait for nothing.Thats what indicators are for!!!
I hate the footpath thing too they should put a line right down it. Many times through school i used to move asside for others because they expected you to move but then i started standing my ground. Bashing into them or not they don't get there "royalty' treatment they think they deserve. Gosh i could go on forever! lol I know never make way for anyone unless there elderly or genuine.
Oh and once mum was in the shopping centre and a kid on the scooter went right upto her expecting HER to move and said MOVE to her face and she said YOU move you little fark. Kids these days have NO respect! I think ill stop now hahah
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679097 is a reply to message #2679080 ] Sun, 17 June 2012 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 2
roses4roses wrote on Sun, 17 June 2012 22:41

or when your waiting for someone to go around a round about and they turn left! drives me insane! So you wait for nothing.Thats what indicators are for!!!
I hate the footpath thing too they should put a line right down it. Many times through school i used to move asside for others because they expected you to move but then i started standing my ground. Bashing into them or not they don't get there "royalty' treatment they think they deserve. Gosh i could go on forever! lol I know never make way for anyone unless there elderly or genuine.
Oh and once mum was in the shopping centre and a kid on the scooter went right upto her expecting HER to move and said MOVE to her face and she said YOU move you little fark. Kids these days have NO respect! I think ill stop now hahah

Haha ... yes I think maybe a line and an electric shock if you walk on the wrong side of the line Laughing

Yea the roundabout thing gets me - HELLO indicator please .. its the thing just next to your finger !

And that thing about the kid on the scooter...that opens a new can of rants about no respect and bad manners... Good on your Mum for standing up.

Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679286 is a reply to message #2679080 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  bayview  
Out of my way, I am in the midst of a hoo haa monologue
roses4roses wrote on Sun, 17 June 2012 22:41

Or they nearly hit you because they were turning left, and then changed their minds and go straight ahead.... Or are going straight ahead, you proceed into the roundabout, and then they decide to turn right, and nearly t-bone you....

I was walking along the foot path a few years ago, and a car was exiting a laneway - the driver stopped tooted the horn, before proceeding onto the footpath to exit. Kid on a BMX comes hooning down the footpath, straight into the side of the car.. And then, got back on his bike, and rode off, after swearing at them... The poor driver didn't know what to do - she got out, and asked me if I heard her toot the horn, and what to do next Confused Given they were in school uniform, all she could do was report it to the school.

As for the original rant - I didn't think there was a rule to walk left on the footpath, unless it's actually lined??? And even then, what about all the poor tourists who come from countries where you are on the right hand side??? Maybe they are the ones who walk into you????

"I'm not Heartless, I just view the world different to you..."

"The foxes we shoot, save the wildlife you love"
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679294 is a reply to message #2679078 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  cocochanel  
Step away from the computer,
RhemyElla wrote on Sun, 17 June 2012 22:38

Laughing

My pet hates are just cyclists ............. nuff said Cool

R.I.P My beautiful BJ
I will miss & love you every single day!
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679313 is a reply to message #2679294 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  fruitloop  
My pet hate is nans with their trolleys at the shopping centre...

They always step the spot you were about to step at the last second there is no way around them and there retirement home friends when they stop to look at flowers Embarassed Laughing Laughing

People that sit in the right hand lane on a freeway and at the last second cut across in front of the car in the left hand lane to go off there exit!

People that change lanes over about 40 seconds with no indicator...but its ok that they dont indicate if they start changing lanes really slow isnt it? Rolls Eyes

People that cut in front of you at a cafe, drives me mad and when they know that they did it to and dont care...

People that look right at a roundabout and see your car going straight and decide to pull out anyway causing you to have to brake even though there is no cars behind you, if I was going fast enough that I couldnt slow down in time then I would T-Bone their car Sad

everything happens for a reason.....
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679330 is a reply to message #2679078 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  bunny b  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.

I'd never thought about it until an American friend of my Fathers mentioned it. He had noticed we walk on the left and after he pointed it out I started to notice it too. We really do do it and I think most of us are totally unaware Laughing
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679500 is a reply to message #2679070 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  rebelicious  is currently offline rebelicious  
Level 3
sounds like some of you need to use my tazer Laughing

--------------------------------------------
all i pay my psychiatrist is the cost of feed & hay, and he'll listen to me anyday!

Its a lot like nuts & bolts, if the riders nuts, the horse bolts.
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679515 is a reply to message #2679500 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  keepingthepace  is currently offline keepingthepace  
Related to the OP, I absolutely hate when people almost walk into you. It's happened a few times today at school. I think i'm just in a bad mood today though and things that normally wouldn't bother me are amplified haha Laughing
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679564 is a reply to message #2679515 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  saf&diva  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
I get annoyed at people whilst driving:

People who travel significantly slower then the speed limit for no seemingly good reason, and not even in the left hand lane.
3 lanes available to them and they pick the right hand lane to go 50 in a 70 zone, and then are constantly breaking so as not to break their speed limit!!!

People who are stupid enough to turn from the middle lane into a left hand side street. ( the left lane is a bus lane between 4-7pm, but there are ample marked areas to use the lane if you need to turn) But of course some people decide not to go into the left lane, slow right down without indicating and turn into the street from the middle lane on a very busy road.

and finally..

Driving on the Warburton Hwy once, there was a car from the entrance in front of me in the right hand lane. They proceeded to drive very slowly, ( no worries there are two lanes and a chance for over taking) However the driver decided to stay in the overtaking lane and go very slowly holding up traffic. Then once the lanes merge, goes back into the left lane. ( stuck again behind a truck)
Next overtaking sign comes up, and it clearly says stay left UNLESS overtaking, Well... driver goes into right lane and just sits at the same speed of the truck.
Funny looking back now, but at the time I was fuming.

* love divey & georgia *
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679635 is a reply to message #2679070 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  chopin  is currently offline chopin  
shopping malls etc, people just dawdling along walking willy nilly, when i go to knox or eastland or chirnside, I just hoon along, duck into the shops I need stuff and get out!!
The loud music in shops
I'm sure the heating goes up around lunchtime, I'm coldblooded but I have to wear a tshirt at the malls, cos I get hot and flustered, maybe its menopause Very Happy

as for driving!!!
wet drizzly days, no one has parkers or lights on, so trying to change lanes or merge, and having to double check, find its a silver or black car which are hard to see.

hate roundabouts, hate the one at the end of york road mt evelyn

people pulling out in front whilst towing cos their mentality is not to be stuck behind a float, there is enough overtaking lanes in the valley

people walking behind you as you go to back out of somewhere

better stop, blood pressure is going up Laughing
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679669 is a reply to message #2679070 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  susieq  
You must have been working in an area populated by Europeans.
After coming back from my trip to Holland I to was walking on the wrong side of people, and when I 1st got over there I was sticking to the left and running into everyone. Laughing Laughing

I can pick em but I can't ride em
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679754 is a reply to message #2679669 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  galloping46  is currently offline galloping46  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts

People that walk incredibly slow and dont leave enough room for you to pass them Twisted Evil

people that crack their knuckles and the sound of someone blowing their nose - makes me almost gag and shiver. hate hate hate it!!

Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679768 is a reply to message #2679754 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  flaxen  
Level 1 - Advanced
In shopping centres, people, especially old ladies or women with prams, walking along the main thoroughfare then suddenly stopping and standing in the middle and looking into a shop or talking to a long lost friend, without moving out of the way.
I have a pram for my daughter, but i try to be very considerate and get out of peoples way.

People who cant park straight or just dont realise/care that they have parked so close to your car that you cannot open the door to get in! Use your brains people, and move the F over!
I have had to get in the passenger side and climb over before, and another time put my baby daughter in from the other side as i couldnt open doors wide enough Evil or Very Mad Just the normal amount of space will do!

This idiot in front of me the other day stopping at a green light, all because the oncoming traffic were using an opportunity to turn right!

People who slow down, sometimes even stopping, when merging on a freeway, when speeding up would be more effective!

[Updated on: Mon, 18 June 2012 17:50]

Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679807 is a reply to message #2679070 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Isaboe  
People that stand still on escalators Evil or Very Mad Especially when they stand right in the middle and dont let you pass. I loved the heart foundation ad that was on a while ago...."help, Im stuck on the escalator"...cracked me up...lazy bustards Rolls Eyes

Everything that flaxen said...think we should do coffee and b!tch about everything Laughing
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679817 is a reply to message #2679807 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  flaxen  
Level 1 - Advanced
Isaboe wrote on Mon, 18 June 2012 18:07

Everything that flaxen said...think we should do coffee and b!tch about everything Laughing

Haha, yep, I have plenty more to rant about!
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679873 is a reply to message #2679070 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  scoopy82  
Completely Insane
I cant stand people that do 80 in a 100 zone when there is no chance to over take, and then you get to a 60 zone and they still do 80! Speeds limits people - SPEED LIMITS! I dont expect anyone to do 100 in a 100 zone if they dont want to, but dont then proceed to do 20 over when the speed limit drops. It does my head in.

www.pickachook.com
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2679874 is a reply to message #2679807 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  RhemyElla  is currently offline RhemyElla  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.

People that stand still on escalators Evil or Very Mad

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Isn't that the point of an escalator? So you don't have to walk? Laughing The people that do walk actually annoy me because I think they're kind of missing the point of an escalator - use the stairs if you want to walk Razz Razz Razz

Geez, I didn't know that you're supposed to walk to the left on the footpath and I didn't know you were supposed to actually move on escalators! I must really be annoying when I go out in public Laughing Laughing Laughing
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680028 is a reply to message #2679874 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 2
RhemyElla wrote on Mon, 18 June 2012 19:00

People that stand still on escalators Evil or Very Mad

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Isn't that the point of an escalator? So you don't have to walk? Laughing The people that do walk actually annoy me because I think they're kind of missing the point of an escalator - use the stairs if you want to walk Razz Razz Razz

Geez, I didn't know that you're supposed to walk to the left on the footpath and I didn't know you were supposed to actually move on escalators! I must really be annoying when I go out in public Laughing Laughing Laughing

don't worry we are all just intolerant and guess what the older I get... Smile

Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680032 is a reply to message #2679294 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 2
cocochanel wrote on Mon, 18 June 2012 10:06

Laughing

My pet hates are just cyclists ............. nuff said Cool

Yep with you on that...even better when they are two abreast on Burwood Hwy.

Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680050 is a reply to message #2679070 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  krystallg08  is currently offline krystallg08  
Level 2
People who walk really slow and there is no way of getting around them also annoy me. Is it really that hard to not walk in the middle of the foot path. Or speed the hell up. Gah! Having to say excuse me to people who are standing in the middle of the path at target also annoy me. Some people are terribly inconsiderate. I work in a supermarket and the amount of people who can't even say thankyou or please is ridiculous.
Gosh I could go on forever.
I was in a coffee shop the other day and this old woman bashed her bag into me twice.
People who invade your space in a line. When you move forward because you can feel them breathing on you then they also move forward:/
I was serving in the deli and it was quiet busy I asked who was next and started serving them. Next minute I cop "your a racist dog" from a customer who obviously decided they wanted to push in.
Lol enough from me, although I could go on all night
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680087 is a reply to message #2679873 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  djrayment  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
scoopy82 wrote on Mon, 18 June 2012 18:58

I cant stand people that do 80 in a 100 zone when there is no chance to over take, and then you get to a 60 zone and they still do 80! Speeds limits people - SPEED LIMITS! I dont expect anyone to do 100 in a 100 zone if they dont want to, but dont then proceed to do 20 over when the speed limit drops. It does my head in.

YES, YES, YES!!!! Evil or Very Mad And people that do 75kms all the way to Melbourne except when you get to a straight section that you can overtake on... when they do 110 Twisted Evil

And undergrads that walk either super slow, on a direct collision course with you (even when you try to get out their way) and just randomly stop in highly inappropriate places because they are too busy playing on their phones Twisted Evil

AND students that sit right outside your door waiting for prac classes with their legs stretched across the hallway - I don't want to step over 37 pairs of legs gettng from the stairwell to my office thanks Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680098 is a reply to message #2680087 ] Mon, 18 June 2012 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 2
A strategically placed chainsaw would fix those 37 pairs for you Laughing

Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680163 is a reply to message #2680098 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Caramello  is currently offline Caramello  
Level 3
the thing that grinds my gears on the roads is when drivers decide to slow right down AND THEN indicate that they are turning.

it is indicate THEN turn *headdesk*

Don't confuse my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680173 is a reply to message #2679070 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Keladry  
People walking slowly and blocking your way is the worst! And yes when people do not move aside - regardless of 'keep left' rules or lack of rules it is common courtesy to try to move aside or tilt your shoulders to get past someone in a crowded space rather than just barge through them!

RE I am sorry but yes there is definitely an unwritten rule that people who want to just stand on escalators stay left and people who want to walk up them go to the right!

At least we have (enforced) road rules. Unlike some places when all these issues regarding taking up both sides of the path (road) and just barging through anything in your way applies to cars too!
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680235 is a reply to message #2679070 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Hugosgirl  is currently offline Hugosgirl  
Level 2
God help anyone who does not keep left on the regulators if you want to stand and let the moving staircase do its job in any city loop station.

Heard its punishable by death!
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680272 is a reply to message #2679873 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Emma  
Its my party and I'll hoo haa if I want to

scoopy82 wrote on Mon, 18 June 2012 18:58

Normally cockies checking their fences around these parts! Oh and they have to speed in the 60 zone to make sure their average speed is still the same. Rolls Eyes Laughing

Toot toot chugga chugga big red car...
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680315 is a reply to message #2679070 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Hlwk  is currently offline Hlwk  
Level 1
Oh I could go on ALL day!

- People that think the terms and conditions don't apply to them and the fact that they didn't read them means they're exempt from whatever implications that may have.
- People that decide to form a group and have a little catchup session in the middle of a busy pathway.
- People that don't keep left unless overtaking and decide to drive 10ks below the limit and ignore the line of cars building up behind them.
- People that blame banks for charging too many fees and raising interest rates. Why don't you keep your money in the cupboard and pay cash for your house, then? How about you use your account properly and don't fraudulently overdraw your account then complain about the fees charged?
- People that complain about anything and everything and never seem to be happy. (Ironic considering what I'm typing, I know, I'm not normally like this.)

Yep, I don't like people much. Laughing
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680337 is a reply to message #2680098 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  djrayment  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
snid wrote on Mon, 18 June 2012 22:37

I like your thinking - I have considered more than once investing in a pair of heels purely so that I could dish out a few timely bruises though Cool
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680535 is a reply to message #2679070 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Isaboe  
Farking work collegues who take sick days every time their own or their kid's freakin nose runs and expect someone else to come in work for them Evil or Very Mad If you want to be a working mother then you have to have a back up plan Mad
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680546 is a reply to message #2679070 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  susieq  
I hate it when 2 lanes at a traffic light turn into 1lane,truck in the left lane and cars in the right. 1st car takes off soo bloody slow it's the only one to get ahead of the truck.

I can pick em but I can't ride em
Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680743 is a reply to message #2680235 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 2
Hugosgirl wrote on Tue, 19 June 2012 08:06

God help anyone who does not keep left on the regulators if you want to stand and let the moving staircase do its job in any city loop station.

Heard its punishable by death!

Yep definitely should be punishable by death. Who can I talk to to make this happen?

Quoting Seinfield "It is not a ride" Very Happy

Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680745 is a reply to message #2680315 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 2
Hlwk wrote on Tue, 19 June 2012 09:33

Oh I could go on ALL day!

- People that think the terms and conditions don't apply to them and the fact that they didn't read them means they're exempt from whatever implications that may have.
- People that decide to form a group and have a little catchup session in the middle of a busy pathway.
- People that don't keep left unless overtaking and decide to drive 10ks below the limit and ignore the line of cars building up behind them.
- People that blame banks for charging too many fees and raising interest rates. Why don't you keep your money in the cupboard and pay cash for your house, then? How about you use your account properly and don't fraudulently overdraw your account then complain about the fees charged?
- People that complain about anything and everything and never seem to be happy. (Ironic considering what I'm typing, I know, I'm not normally like this.)

Yep, I don't like people much. Laughing

I'm guessing you work for a bank Smile

Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680747 is a reply to message #2680337 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 2
djrayment wrote on Tue, 19 June 2012 09:58

snid wrote on Mon, 18 June 2012 22:37

I like your thinking - I have considered more than once investing in a pair of heels purely so that I could dish out a few timely bruises though Cool

Love it ! Why not look stylish whilst dishing out some consequences. !

Re: My pet hates ...rant rant [message #2680907 is a reply to message #2679070 ] Tue, 19 June 2012 21:04 Go to previous message
  Nikara  is currently offline Nikara  
Level 1
I agree with everything said!
Our work currently has vouchers out but it says they do not apply to our stores (and many others) at the bottom. No one bothers to read them (or when they expire) and expects our store to 'cop a loss' because they were too ignorant to read a voucher (most don't even let us know they have it until time to pay Mad ).

I do most of my driving on the free way to and from work and can not stand drivers that sit in the fast lane, doing way under the limit and take no notice of the traffic behind them waiting to get past. There are signs that say keep left unless overtaking. The other day I even had a lady overtake a truck then slow down considerably just as she got level with it so I was stuck sitting next to it (not safe and they flick stones up). And then the people that decide to, instead of moving to the left lane so you can pass, slow down because they decide to be a di**head and make you pass them on the left.

Saw a car (who was going terribly slow) pull out in front of oncoming traffic going 60-70kms and then decide to stop (maybe to let them pass? no idea). Nearly saw an accident had the driver coming not seen what was going to happen.

And people who cannot indicate or slow down and then indicate. It annoys the crap out of me, not to mention they'll chuck a massive tantrum when something goes wrong due to their laziness.

I get so angry when driving these days, its not that hard to drive and follow the rules, people are just too ignorant and lazy.

Haha rant over Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 19 June 2012 21:40]

Previous Topic:Clay target shooting
Next Topic:Scones
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 21 13:02:24 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01662 seconds
.:: Home ::.