[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » General - Off Topic » Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! () 2 Vote(s)
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2316467 is a reply to message #2316325 ] Mon, 13 June 2011 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sambucca1  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
mjednicholls wrote on Mon, 13 June 2011 13:09

OH WOW,
I never relalised this site also does baby talk. I am 9 weeks pregnant with my first and im scared half to death.
I also have givin up ridding as this baby was not meant to happen, i have only one ovary after a nasty horse fall and doctors told me the chances of concieving where bucklys to none.
But i did so there will be no horse ridding for me till after the baby is due.
Have had no morning sickness as such but am always feeling seedy if thats the right word.
CONGRATULATIONS on all who are expecting.

congrats on the prenancy- I hope for your sake it all works out! My sister suffered from polycystic ovaries and endometriosis (sp) and was told she would never conceive and yet she now has 3 beautiful children
I am not in the same boat as yourself but also decided that the little bundle I am growing is more important to me than riding- it is only for a short period of time anyway Very Happy
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2316509 is a reply to message #2316467 ] Mon, 13 June 2011 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  mjednicholls  is currently offline mjednicholls  
Level 4
My horse will love getting thrown out for a spell, he was in work 7 days a week. But my bundle of joy means so much more than going for a ride. Yes my horse is quiet but i still dont want to risk it.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2316620 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Mon, 13 June 2011 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  BigBayPony  is currently offline BigBayPony  
Level 1 - Advanced
I have a query. I have one sick little boy here. Vomited a few times on Saturday morning, and then again midnight Saturday, since then he's had a few bouts of the runs (altho nothing today). He woke up screaming last night wig a belly ache and when I went to wake him up this morning he'd had the runs so bad he needed a shower!! Poor thing had such a bad belly ache this arvo that I was going to take him to the docs (except they were closed). Some nurofen and a hydrolyte icypole seem to have done the trick so far, he not bursting into tears and screaming endlessly, but is there anything else I can give him to help him feel better? Anything in particular I should cook for dinner? Thankfully he's perked up while eating his icypole (gross things) and the fact that play school has just come on, nice to see him smiling and coming and giving me kisses again.
Is there anything else I can do or just rest and cuddles??
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2317196 is a reply to message #2316620 ] Tue, 14 June 2011 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  polocrossebabe
Its my party and I'll hoo haa if I want to

BigBayPony wrote on Mon, 13 June 2011 18:03

I have a query. I have one sick little boy here. Vomited a few times on Saturday morning, and then again midnight Saturday, since then he's had a few bouts of the runs (altho nothing today). He woke up screaming last night wig a belly ache and when I went to wake him up this morning he'd had the runs so bad he needed a shower!! Poor thing had such a bad belly ache this arvo that I was going to take him to the docs (except they were closed). Some nurofen and a hydrolyte icypole seem to have done the trick so far, he not bursting into tears and screaming endlessly, but is there anything else I can give him to help him feel better? Anything in particular I should cook for dinner? Thankfully he's perked up while eating his icypole (gross things) and the fact that play school has just come on, nice to see him smiling and coming and giving me kisses again.

don't mess around if he's not keeping fluids down. get to doctors or hospital. kids die from gastro if left unchecked.

polocrosse...king of the one-horse sports.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2317279 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Tue, 14 June 2011 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  gunnerbear  is currently offline gunnerbear
Level 1 - Advanced
Congrats Nessa William is beautiful Very Happy Very Happy

I'm now 26 weeks and chugging along. I too think riding is very individual and if i'd had any issues conceiving or other history i certainly wouldn't be riding but luckily i haven't so i'm still riding as i feel fine but no competing, riding club or anything more risky like jumping. I always have someone with me to ride and i keep it to a bit of quiet arena work or a walk out with a friend. Each week i think is my last but i just seem to keep chugging along so i keep riding. Friends of mine stopped as soon as they knew they were preg and there's nothing wrong with that either i just hate all the people who feel it's their right to lecture you. Both my GP midwife and physio all say do it if you feel comfortable and safe you know you're body and exercise is really important so until i pop out more and feel like i can't i'm going to make hay while the sun shines Very Happy Very Happy

On another note finally starting to get a bit more excited about what lies ahead prob cause i'm not so sick anymore although i still have my days where all i do is throw up. Hope all you girls are cooking along nicely Very Happy
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2317419 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Tue, 14 June 2011 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Call_Me_Crock  
Completely Insane
Hey Ladies, I have a Strider *Plus* Car capsule for sale

It fits into the Strider prams, is easy to get in and out of the car, perfect to not wake baby up when out and about and it looks so comfy!!

Comes from a Smoke and pet free home

Paid $279 new from Baby Bunting

Selling $200 ono

index.php?t=getfile&id=448479&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=448480&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=448481&private=0

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/32/mybanner4a7d5758aa18f.jpg

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2317424 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Tue, 14 June 2011 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  TannaPark  is currently offline TannaPark  
Level 2
Our baby girl got so spoilt last week.

My mum and dad insisted on buying her, her cot, change table, car seat, pusher etc etc

Spent wayyyy over what i expected Shocked

I'm 23.6 weeks currently Smile babies room is ready to have the carpets cleaned and then once the cot and change table comes (they said this weekend) we can move it all in!

So excited, her room is going to be very beautiful!

My partner is excited too Smile
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2318234 is a reply to message #2317424 ] Wed, 15 June 2011 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Pink_Pony  is currently offline Pink_Pony  
Level 1
Congratulations to curlygirl on the birth of her beautiful baby boy Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2011 09:10]

index.php?t=getfile&id=467168&private=0
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2318495 is a reply to message #2317279 ] Wed, 15 June 2011 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  TasDevil
Level 1
gunnerbear wrote on Tue, 14 June 2011 11:47

Congrats Nessa William is beautiful Very Happy Very Happy

I'm now 26 weeks and chugging along. I too think riding is very individual and if i'd had any issues conceiving or other history i certainly wouldn't be riding but luckily i haven't so i'm still riding as i feel fine but no competing, riding club or anything more risky like jumping. I always have someone with me to ride and i keep it to a bit of quiet arena work or a walk out with a friend. Each week i think is my last but i just seem to keep chugging along so i keep riding. Friends of mine stopped as soon as they knew they were preg and there's nothing wrong with that either i just hate all the people who feel it's their right to lecture you. Both my GP midwife and physio all say do it if you feel comfortable and safe you know you're body and exercise is really important so until i pop out more and feel like i can't i'm going to make hay while the sun shines Very Happy Very Happy

On another note finally starting to get a bit more excited about what lies ahead prob cause i'm not so sick anymore although i still have my days where all i do is throw up. Hope all you girls are cooking along nicely Very Happy

My GP too had told me that if everything feels ok then you can ride but because I had problems before falling pregnant we decided that for me it would be best to stop. Glad to hear things a progressing nicely gunnerbear. I will have to call in and see the nursery.

Hope everyone is doing well. Montana was 6 months earlier this month and now weighs 8.3kg, so much for being a premmie. I am having so much fun being a mum and have fallen in love with her more and more everyday.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2318549 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Wed, 15 June 2011 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Blacky  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
My beautiful daughter Eloise Juliet finally arrived on Monday night at 9.06pm weighing a big 4.18kg or 9'3.

Here's our first family portrait taken when she was about 12hrs old and Mummy very tired and exhausted. It was a long difficult labour but so worth it!

index.php?t=getfile&id=448699&private=0

Congratulations to the new expecting Mummies and Curlypony.

• Attachment: DSC03629.jpg
    (Size: 44.65KB, Downloaded 769 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2011 13:41]

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2318638 is a reply to message #2318549 ] Wed, 15 June 2011 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  polocrossebabe

Blacky wrote on Wed, 15 June 2011 13:37

My beautiful daughter Eloise Juliet finally arrived on Monday night at 9.06pm weighing a big 4.18kg or 9'3.

Here's our first family portrait taken when she was about 12hrs old and Mummy very tired and exhausted. It was a long difficult labour but so worth it!

index.php?t=getfile&id=448699&private=0

Congratulations to the new expecting Mummies and Curlypony.

well done blacky and family. Very Happy

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2318945 is a reply to message #2318234 ] Wed, 15 June 2011 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  anothersista  is currently offline anothersista  
Level 4
Pink_Pony wrote on Wed, 15 June 2011 09:09

I've been wondering.....!!! Yippee!!! Congratulations!!!
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2319014 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Wed, 15 June 2011 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  JodieB  is currently offline JodieB  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
congrats Blacky kept coming in to see if you had the your little girl. So exciting and such a lovely first family photo.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2319388 is a reply to message #2319014 ] Thu, 16 June 2011 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  kizmet  is currently offline kizmet  
Level 1 - Advanced
Congrats to Blacky and Nessa on your gorgeous new arrivals!

Just thought I'd share a pic of Isabelle looking all cute and lovable!

index.php?t=getfile&id=448897&private=0

• Attachment: issy2.jpg
    (Size: 70.58KB, Downloaded 1545 time(s))

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2320239 is a reply to message #2319388 ] Thu, 16 June 2011 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Nessa31  is currently offline Nessa31  
Level 2
kizmet wrote on Thu, 16 June 2011 09:06

Congrats to Blacky and Nessa on your gorgeous new arrivals!

Just thought I'd share a pic of Isabelle looking all cute and lovable!

index.php?t=getfile&id=448897&private=0

Thanks kizmet! that is a gorgeous photo!

Blacky well done! Lovely family photo!

I am not sure if l have a family photo with Wil yet, will have to get onto it.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2320349 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Thu, 16 June 2011 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 4
Hi ladies,
Just wndering how any weeks you have to wait to find out the sex of your baby?
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2320359 is a reply to message #2320349 ] Thu, 16 June 2011 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sambucca1  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
mjednicholls wrote on Thu, 16 June 2011 22:54

Hi ladies,
Just wndering how any weeks you have to wait to find out the sex of your baby?

at the 20 wk scan usually unless you have to get an amniocentesis, in which I believe you can pay extra to find out the sex- although at the 20 wk scan doesn't come with a guarantee and if it is like mine refused to co-operate so I have to wait until it's born! Twisted Evil luckily I'm due tuesday (could be 10 days or so over though)
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2320698 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Fri, 17 June 2011 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Blacky  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Thanks for the congratulations. Eloise is doing well she's an easy baby so far just likes to sleep and drink. She hardly ever cries.

I'm starting to clear out pregnancy things. The books are the first to go. If anyone wants the following there all $5 pick up from Wantirna or can post.

Up the Duff

What to Expect when Expecting & What to eat when expecting.

A world of baby names

There will be some freebies older pregnancy books that I was given there worth reading and will be given with the above.

Send me a PM if interested.

I'll also be getting rid of heaps of size 12 maternity clothes mostly for free hopefully in a couple of weeks time. Will post details of these soon.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2322595 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Sun, 19 June 2011 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 4
I have searched long and hard on the net to find answers with no luck, now usually i LOVE my food, but recently i can not eat any thing. I feel like some thing i cook it dish it up and then i dont want it. I dont feel sick have had no morning sickness, but just dont want food. I know i have to eat, but am unsure why i cant. I have tried so many different foods walked around supermarket hoping some thing will tickle my fancy, but no it doesnt. I would like opinions on this and if you have gone through this before whilst pregnant i'd love to hear how you went with dealing with it. Its getting frustrating.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2322854 is a reply to message #2322595 ] Sun, 19 June 2011 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Blacky  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
mjednicholls wrote on Sun, 19 June 2011 00:59

I have searched long and hard on the net to find answers with no luck, now usually i LOVE my food, but recently i can not eat any thing. I feel like some thing i cook it dish it up and then i dont want it. I dont feel sick have had no morning sickness, but just dont want food. I know i have to eat, but am unsure why i cant. I have tried so many different foods walked around supermarket hoping some thing will tickle my fancy, but no it doesnt. I would like opinions on this and if you have gone through this before whilst pregnant i'd love to hear how you went with dealing with it. Its getting frustrating.

Everyone's pregnancy is different so food that some people crave others don't. My two pregnancies were very different the first I was anaemic the second not anaemic but in the high range of normal for diabetes. Both my babies were full term and girls but there was more than a kg in weight difference when born.
It sounds like you've got morning sickness so try a biscuit in the morning and then lots of small meals during the day. I lost a lot of weight with MS in both pregnancies.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2325468 is a reply to message #2317196 ] Tue, 21 June 2011 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  BigBayPony  is currently offline BigBayPony  
Level 1 - Advanced
polocrossebabe wrote on Tue, 14 June 2011 10:30

don't mess around if he's not keeping fluids down. get to doctors or hospital. kids die from gastro if left unchecked.

Thanks PCB, I thought I'd just update incase anyone was concerned. He perked right up after his hydrolyte icypole and apart from some disgusting exploding poos up his back while he was sleeping (even with a nappy on!) he's fine.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2325829 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Tue, 21 June 2011 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  amandadarcy  is currently offline amandadarcy

Hey guys,
I have a Nuk e-Motion electric breast pump for sale, used for only 4weeks. Comes in original box with instructions, teat, charger and plug adaptors for overseas. If anyone's interested please pm me Smile

Mother of two <3 Bella & Shylo <3
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2326687 is a reply to message #2325468 ] Wed, 22 June 2011 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  polocrossebabe

BigBayPony wrote on Tue, 21 June 2011 13:07

polocrossebabe wrote on Tue, 14 June 2011 10:30

Thanks PCB, I thought I'd just update incase anyone was concerned. He perked right up after his hydrolyte icypole and apart from some disgusting exploding poos up his back while he was sleeping (even with a nappy on!) he's fine.

awesome news BBP.

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2329570 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Sat, 25 June 2011 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sambucca1  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
4 days over and still counting!

Looking at the plus side at least the sleep deprivation hasn't started yet Laughing
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2329645 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Sat, 25 June 2011 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Blacky  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Fingers crossed your contractions start soon Sambucca. My baby was 4 days overdue I was so over it so I can imagine how you feel. Great you've lasted so long given the pre-eclampsia.

I'm actually skinnier now than I have been in a long time thanks to breast feeding. So I'm getting rid of my maternity clothes there is a a big bag of clothes Pumpkin Patch 3/4 pants, Catriona Rowntree denim skirt both in very good condition heaps of tops various brands mainly summer stuff all in good condition. All size 12, $20 for the lot pick up from Wantirna.

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2329681 is a reply to message #2329645 ] Sat, 25 June 2011 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sambucca1  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Blacky wrote on Sat, 25 June 2011 12:48

Fingers crossed your contractions start soon Sambucca. My baby was 4 days overdue I was so over it so I can imagine how you feel. Great you've lasted so long given the pre-eclampsia.

I'm actually skinnier now than I have been in a long time thanks to breast feeding. So I'm getting rid of my maternity clothes there is a a big bag of clothes Pumpkin Patch 3/4 pants, Catriona Rowntree denim skirt both in very good condition heaps of tops various brands mainly summer stuff all in good condition. All size 12, $20 for the lot pick up from Wantirna.

What is very interesting is that my bp and protein levels have been actually very good the last few visits, I think relaxing and eating well and keeping my feet up have helped. Doc is happy that if it continues the way it has been that he is willing to give me the full 10 days to go into labour on my own, but should anything take a downhill slide I will be induced. Luckily it has been mild and hasn't quite "set in (for the want of a better phrase)" as badly as last time round. Fingers crossed it comes soon- getting sick of calling the baby an it- will be nice to see if its a boy or girl, the impatience is getting to me Laughing
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2330873 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Sun, 26 June 2011 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Blacky  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
I always thought if you had pre-eclampsia then going into labour wasn't far off. It's good to hear it's under control. Hopefully your in labour now if not looking forward to some baby pics soon and news of girl or boy.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2330899 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Sun, 26 June 2011 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 4
Ladies i am 11 weeks pregnant and the last 3 days i have felt what appears to be butterflies? As this is my first i have no idea what to expect. I'm not nervous about any thing and it seem to happen around 3pm every afternoon for the last 3 days.
Any explanations?
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2330904 is a reply to message #2330873 ] Sun, 26 June 2011 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  dannib  is currently offline dannib  
Completely Insane
i saw my OB last week and am booked in for a c-section on 27th July. Most of you wouldnt know that i lost my husband in a car accident almost 3 months ago now, so am struggleing to live, and dr's agree i will struggle with a natural birth. Tho im still worried about having a c-section and not having him there for me.
Also, the date im booked in is 39+2weeks, so close to 40, fingers crossed i dont go into labor early, as i am a minimum of 7 hours drive to my closeset family member. I do have his family here, but not quite the same. Hope everyone else is doing well

Danni
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2330961 is a reply to message #2330904 ] Sun, 26 June 2011 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  polocrossebabe

dannib wrote on Sun, 26 June 2011 18:18

i saw my OB last week and am booked in for a c-section on 27th July. Most of you wouldnt know that i lost my husband in a car accident almost 3 months ago now, so am struggleing to live, and dr's agree i will struggle with a natural birth. Tho im still worried about having a c-section and not having him there for me.
Also, the date im booked in is 39+2weeks, so close to 40, fingers crossed i dont go into labor early, as i am a minimum of 7 hours drive to my closeset family member. I do have his family here, but not quite the same. Hope everyone else is doing well

Danni

Sad best of luck Dannib. i hope it all goes well for you. Make sure you ask for help if you feel you are become overwhelmed. PND is nothing to be ashamed about. Very Happy

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2331061 is a reply to message #2330904 ] Sun, 26 June 2011 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  simo22  

Danni

Sad I'm so sorry to hear about your husband Danni. He will be there with you, in your heart and in spirit. I hope your little one is a living memory of your hubby.

I wish you all the very for the birth, know that we are all here at any time to vent, cry, laugh or help out xx Smile
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2331345 is a reply to message #2330904 ] Mon, 27 June 2011 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Broodmare1  is currently offline Broodmare1  
Step away from the computer,

Danni

That is so sad Sad Sad

Good luck for your impending birth Smile Don't think too much about the c-section just take one day at a time. Just remember that if you need help ask for it, people are only too happy to help Smile Smile
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2331429 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Mon, 27 June 2011 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  amandadarcy  is currently offline amandadarcy

So sorry to hear that Danni Crying or Very Sad here's hoping your labour goes according to plan and you have lots of support.

Well, Bella is almost 5months now, she is huge!! She's hit the 7kg mark already and my gosh am I feeling it Laughing she has started teething and been a little clingy but other than that, she is being such a good little girl.
With regards to her father, we are now at RDM stage and if that fails, as I suspect it will, it's court order time for PT. oh the joys Laughing

Hope everyones doing well, any news Blacky? Congrats to curlygirl also.

Mother of two <3 Bella & Shylo <3
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2331501 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Mon, 27 June 2011 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Holted  is currently offline Holted  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
My sincerest condolences DanniB. I'm sure your living through some peoples worst fears and that's just really sh1tty and unfair for you Sad

I'm sure your receiving professional help but maybe speaking with others such as MollyDuck on here would help you too. That lady is nothing short of inspirational.

I can't even imagine what your going through but take each day at a time, try your hardest not to think ahead as that is when you will be overwhelmed. One day and goal at a time.

Having a little baby to contend with might actually help in it's own funny way, there won't be a lot of time to dwell and bub will force you to get up.

All the best and grab hold of ANY resources available to you.

Werribee & District Riding Club Inc. (WDRC):
http://sites.google.com/site/werribeedrc/
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2331646 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Mon, 27 June 2011 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Blacky  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
So sorry to hear about your husband Danni. Sending a hug your way. Don't worry too much about the birth the care I received in hospital with both my births was excellent. I'm sure the hospital where you're going will take good care of you as well. When you get home take advantage of any support offered. Keep us updated as to how your going.

Amanda, My daughter arrived 2 weeks ago see pic above. I hope you work things out with your ex soon and it doesn't end up in the courts.

Eloise is a really good baby she sleeps 20 hours a day hardly cries so different to my first. She's already a big baby 4.5kg, no longer fits in 0000. My first didn't reach this weight until 6 weeks of age. There was more than a 1kg difference between them when born and both were full term babies. She still has an enlarged kidney and is under Pediatric care but it has improved a lot since the 34 week scan and we're confident it will get better by itself.

I've attached a pic taken yesterday with her big sister when we went on a steam train ride.

It's my first day on my own today OH took two weeks off work. I managed to get my 3 year old to daycare not too late and with OH not around to see how much I spent I went horse shopping! I bought my TB a new synthetic it's a Eurohunter combo. It was reduced and looks better quality than the ebay one's I've used in the past. My TB is really good with rugs they last on average 5 years so I thought it better to spend a bit more on him. I can't wait to put it on him I hope it fits him well.

index.php?t=getfile&id=451414&private=0

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2331685 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Mon, 27 June 2011 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sambucca1  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
that is absolutely terrible danni, I think it would be every mother to be's worst nightmare. Know that there is plenty of help and support out there if you need it.

I am currently 6 days over and still cooking- after having lots of pelvic pain, braxton hicks, bachache, baby being engaged among 10 other "body preparing for labour signs" for the last 3-4 weeks this darn baby has decided to hibernate until spring when it's warmer I think. If its not out soon it will get its eviction notice and I really do not want another induction (it would make it two from two) if I can help it! Twisted Evil

What has worked for you ladies to get the ball rolling???
I have tried most suggested things in the last week to no avail!
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2331699 is a reply to message #2331685 ] Mon, 27 June 2011 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Blacky  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
sambucca1 wrote on Mon, 27 June 2011 14:17

that is absolutely terrible danni, I think it would be every mother to be's worst nightmare. Know that there is plenty of help and support out there if you need it.

I am currently 6 days over and still cooking- after having lots of pelvic pain, braxton hicks, bachache, baby being engaged among 10 other "body preparing for labour signs" for the last 3-4 weeks this darn baby has decided to hibernate until spring when it's warmer I think. If its not out soon it will get its eviction notice and I really do not want another induction (it would make it two from two) if I can help it! Twisted Evil

Have you tried sex? Laughing I tried most of the recommended things and nothing worked I think they come out when they want to. I was going to get a stretch and sweep if I went another two days. It's different to induction the midwives do it and it's meant to bring labour on. I didn't end up getting it done so no idea if that works or if it's painful.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2331771 is a reply to message #2331699 ] Mon, 27 June 2011 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sambucca1  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Blacky wrote on Mon, 27 June 2011 14:34

sambucca1 wrote on Mon, 27 June 2011 14:17

Have you tried sex? Laughing I tried most of the recommended things and nothing worked I think they come out when they want to. I was going to get a stretch and sweep if I went another two days. It's different to induction the midwives do it and it's meant to bring labour on. I didn't end up getting it done so no idea if that works or if it's painful.

one of the first things I tried (a few days ago) but it took me forever to convince hubby that the baby wouldn't mind Laughing It will be interesting to see if they offer a stretch and sweep at tomorrows appointment- I'm hoping it gets the hint to get the hell outta there before I disown it Very Happy
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2332892 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Tue, 28 June 2011 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  anothersista  is currently offline anothersista  
Level 4

Big hugs for DanniB.

Hope sambucca1 doesn't have to wait too much longer!!!

I've got just under 3 weeks to go, and I'm really starting to feel like a whale - bending in the middle just doesn't happen anymore! Had a sit on my Orange pony on Saturday Razz - that was SOOOOO good for the soul! I think he'd be an ideal RDA horse once he is retired, he had his slow and steady "are you right up there?" walk steps on, he knows something is well and truely up!

Hope all the new arrivals are doing well, and welcome to all those who are just starting out on this ride that they call pregnancy, I've found that it has gone quickly and the pony has been more than happy to have 6 months holiday with me using him every now and again for mental health reasons!! Though I will get VERY upset with him if he decides to hurt himself just as I'm ready to ride again..... Mad
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2334257 is a reply to message #2318945 ] Wed, 29 June 2011 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
  Curlygirl  
Level 2
anothersista wrote on Wed, 15 June 2011 19:25

Pink_Pony wrote on Wed, 15 June 2011 09:09

I've been wondering.....!!! Yippee!!! Congratulations!!!

Thanks guys!!!

Well, our little man decided to arrived 10 days early but right from the start we were really lucky and everything went like clock-work. He was healthy and has been gaining weight in leaps and bounds Very Happy. He is now 2 weeks old and I already couldn't imagine life without him... He's turned life on it's head and we couldn't be happier (which is a big thing coming from a control freak!!).

Labour was 3 hours and 26 minutes and still a complete blur - I think we were the talk of the midwives as first babies are supposed to take so much longer to arrive. I was just thankful that our Doctor is as brilliant as he is and I never felt like things weren't going as planned.

So, life as we knew it has gone and an exciting new beginning has started.

Good luck to all those expecting soon - so very exciting!!!!!

P.S I was brisk walking 40 minutes a day, ate curry the night before our babe was born and climbed the beach stairs at 13th Beach the day before he arrived...not sure if any of those things triggered labor but I guess we'll never know... Very Happy
Previous Topic:Dog minding in the YV
Next Topic:GISHWHES
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 24 23:45:32 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.41982 seconds
.:: Home ::.