[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » General - Off Topic » Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! () 2 Vote(s)
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2543965 is a reply to message #2543947 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sambucca1  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
landslide wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 07:51

No baby yet ladies, am only 2cm dialated,am still in hospital hoping to have waters broken this morning if all goes to plan with the babies heart beat. Lil tacker getting a bit stressed.

I'm sending tonnes of hurry up vibes and even more destress vibes for bub. I can't wait to hear how it goes Very Happy
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2543971 is a reply to message #2543750 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  amandadarcy  is currently offline amandadarcy
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable

rachb wrote on Thu, 19 January 2012 21:55

question for all mums out there how did u decide which was better for your bubs cloth vs disposable

im thinking about using cloth but im not sure how to decide what is better to use for my situation if thats the right word to use

I use disposables for the convenience, particularly when Bella was a newborn, you don't have time to wash them unless you have someone assisting you or a baby that is a good sleeper.

Going out is easier but yes they can be expensive.
My daugter had nappy rash also which meant it was easier to monitor and change nappies every hour to reduce the rash.

My mum used cloth and raved about them, she still has some as rags for the house and the paddock.

Mother of two <3 Bella & Shylo <3
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2543990 is a reply to message #2543965 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  megsie86  is currently offline megsie86  
Its my party and I'll hoo haa if I want to
sambucca1 wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 08:27

landslide wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 07:51

No baby yet ladies, am only 2cm dialated,am still in hospital hoping to have waters broken this morning if all goes to plan with the babies heart beat. Lil tacker getting a bit stressed.

I'm sending tonnes of hurry up vibes and even more destress vibes for bub. I can't wait to hear how it goes Very Happy

holly sh!t Shocked u poor lady..Hope they have u on awesome pain meds....And i will also send hurry up vibes for you

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SM-Notley-Excavations/5117127 55547535

www.korunnavalleystation.webs.com

'Allegra' born 23/12/10 beautiful chestnut filly Smile
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544041 is a reply to message #2543971 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  EloueraFarm  
Completely Insane
amandadarcy wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 08:34

question for all mums out there how did u decide which was better for your bubs cloth vs disposable

im thinking about using cloth but im not sure how to decide what is better to use for my situation if thats the right word to use

I use disposables for the convenience, particularly when Bella was a newborn, you don't have time to wash them unless you have someone assisting you or a baby that is a good sleeper.

My daugter had nappy rash also which meant it was easier to monitor and change nappies every hour to reduce the rash.

My mum used cloth and raved about them, she still has some as rags for the house and the paddock.

AD - im not personally attacking you.. but the entire "time" it takes me to wash a load of nappies is under 5 minutes, which includes poo removal..

Thats less time than driving to the supermarket, buying them, opening the packet, and putting them in something Laughing

RE: How many you need - how big is your bubs already?

There are many different types, and it depends on what you prefer.

www.ecocubs.com.au have a "lending library" so for a very small fee, you can try out a range of nappies prior to purchasing, and you can see how you feel about them.. how you like the cloth, and which ones suit your bubs!

ETA _ we are rocking some serious teething acid bum rash atm, so we are using disposables so i can slather the sudocreme on!

Landslide - good luck girl! Wont be much longer Smile

www.fleyasholsteins.com
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544089 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  HeidiGA  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
My baby is a Modern Cloth Nappy baby.
They are so cute - especially her cow print nappies. ( Rolls Eyes though her cougar ones are a bit special as well)

They are far better than disposables at containing those *blowouts*
The ick factor is trying to fish out the insert for washing whilst (sometimes) holding your breath but it isn't as bad as wheeling the wheely bin out once a week that is overflowing with stinky disposables.

I've got a brand from eBay (Hong Kong), Nudey Rudey, Issybears, Globugs and Organic Bugalugs.
I'm still on the first sample pot of rash cream as I never have that problem.

Home of Manely Equine and POSH
Saddles that fit & great looking riding wear.
http://www.posh.net.au
http://www.manelyequine.com.au

Upcoming Saddle Fitting dates.
Melbourne: 11-13 September
(contact for other areas)
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544103 is a reply to message #2544089 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  One Stop Horse Shop is currently online One Stop Horse Shop  
Level 1 - Advanced
Well I am currently at 18.5 weeks. Hanging out for the 30th when I have my 20 week scan. Can't wait to see how bubs is travelling!

Me thinks I am getting the first little 'flutters' of baby movement in my belly which is quite exciting Smile

As for the nappy debate, I think it comes down to what parents prefer and what suits their lifestyle. There isn't one answer. Personally, we will be going disposable, simply for convenience as we will be on the road a fair amount with bubs. Our family is 2.5/3 hours away, we like to travel anyway, and even a trip to the supermarket is a 40 minute drive in each direction, so I don't like the idea of having to cart around dirty cloth nappies all over the countryside (and the logistics of washing them when staying away from home). It's just not practical for us. Mum says although she always used cloth napies for us, when they went on holidays or were staying with her parents, they switched to disposables as it was easier.

Anyway, has everyone seen the current Target baby catalogue? I tis buying a lovely Bassinet tomorrow as its on sale - first purchase for bubs Razz

http://www.onestophorse.com.au/product_images/uploaded_images/onestophorseheader-paypal2.jpg
One Stop Horse Shop
Email: info@onestophorse.com.au
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544115 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sambucca1  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Cloth vs disposable always gets tempers flaring as much as bottle vs breast.

i used disposables at first, tried the modern cloth but my son screamed after even the tiniest wee so out they went and back into disposables. Hubby wanted me to use cloth and i told him i would on the condition that he done all the nappy's. Considering he has changed 1 dirty nappy and probably less that 30 wet ones and our son is 2.5 and our daughter 6 months the decision was left up to me.

I think it is currently costing us about $1.50 a day as our son only has a night nappy which usually lasts up to a week as he usually wakes up dry and our daughter only uses 3-4 a day. Which i think isn't too bad considering that is using huggies. i have had no nappy rash issues.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544148 is a reply to message #2544115 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  HeidiGA  
sambucca1 wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 11:21

Nod I agree here! You got to do what suits you.
For me MCN sorted out my issues with blowouts, changes of clothes etc so MCN suit me better but my sister was a disposable mum all the way.

Plus my husband has said that the estimated $3000 I will save I can spend on the new bathroom with a free standing bath and a waterplane basin - I thought that was a good incentive Laughing Laughing

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544158 is a reply to message #2544148 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Hacker  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
HeidiGA wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 12:09

For me MCN sorted out my issues with blowouts, changes of clothes etc so MCN suit me better but my sister was a disposable mum all the way.

Plus my husband has said that the estimated $3000 I will save I can spend on the new bathroom with a free standing bath and a waterplane basin - I thought that was a good incentive Laughing Laughing

Sounds like a good deal!!

I haven't posted yet, but I am 16 weeks along with our first after 6 years of marriage, reveling in our selfishness for each other Smile Very exciting, but a bit scary!

We are as prepared as we can possibly be, and am enjoying the interesting side effects of pregnancy thusfar Laughing didn't get the horrid morning sickness or have any of the nasty first trimester horror stories I was warned about so am rather thankful Smile

Food aversions is the only annoying thing. I didn't eat chocolate or meat for 3 months! Thank goodness for vegetarian mother in law who was supplying me with good recipe books!
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544171 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  cosmo08  is currently offline cosmo08  
Level 1
ok on the nappies bit i have just changed over to MCN's and i love them..OH is happy that we can start saving some money..and on the washing side of it i find it takes a bit but i have a front loader so even washing the cloths takes a long time but the drying time is heaps quicker
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544172 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Call_Me_Crock  
Completely Insane
Good Luck Landslide, hope something starts happening very soon Smile

Im also very interested in going MCN as I am also 12 weeks pregnant!!!! Very Happy We are very very excited that Declan will be a big brother. I had my 12 week scan on Wednesday and also had my Obstetrician appointment wednesday with the same doctor who delivered Declan. My morning sickness has been 100 times worse this time round so I stopped riding around christmas due to it and fatigue but im starting to feel a little bit better day by day so hopefully I can have a little last ride shortly Laughing

Ive been looking at the MCN on ebay (the ones from Hong Kong) as they sell 20 of them for $100 or something like that and wanted to know if anyone else uses them and if they are ok or if im better off buying a certain brand?

I have only really used Snugglers nappies as i found the huggies nappies gave declan a shocking nappy rash and they always felt wet on the outside of the nappy Dead

Massive congrats Hacker!! Very Happy

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/32/mybanner4a7d5758aa18f.jpg

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544219 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Hacker  
Congratulations to you too Call_Me_Crock!!

So nice to get over that 12 weeks and be able to tell everyone... Smile Hoping everything is going well, and that morning sickness leaves you alone now!

Though remind me next time not to be pregnant over Xmas. I didn't realise how boring parties, gatherings and other social events were without alcohol Embarassed Laughing
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544225 is a reply to message #2544041 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Completely understand EF, I was referring to the whole process of washing by hand, in the washing machine, drying time etc partiularly if you don't have a dryer on hand.
But as I said, I didn't have someone else to assist me so Bella's sleeping time was mine also which ruled out cloth until she was in a routine.

All personal preference, next time around I'm definately considering cloth.

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544304 is a reply to message #2544219 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Call_Me_Crock  
Completely Insane
Hacker wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 13:22

So nice to get over that 12 weeks and be able to tell everyone... Smile Hoping everything is going well, and that morning sickness leaves you alone now!

Though remind me next time not to be pregnant over Xmas. I didn't realise how boring parties, gatherings and other social events were without alcohol Embarassed Laughing

Very boring arent they! I had work christmas party, family gatherings for christmas and new years and had to think of every excuse under the sun to not drink without someone being suss hahaha I hid it very well though and my boss was very shocked when i told her yesterday... i can understand her shock though as 4 out of 6 in our department are either pregnant or on maternity leave Shocked Laughing Laughing

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544342 is a reply to message #2544172 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  HeidiGA  
Call_Me_Crock wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 12:43

Ive been looking at the MCN on ebay (the ones from Hong Kong) as they sell 20 of them for $100 or something like that and wanted to know if anyone else uses them and if they are ok or if im better off buying a certain brand?

I've got the Hong Kong Nappies - 6 for $30. They are super cute but you need more than one insert per nappy so you end up buying extra inserts. (but get hemp or bamboo not extra microfibre)

Oh Ka Baby (Hong Kong) - supercute but need more inserts. These are nice but will they go the distance? I've got 3 months out of them so far and can't really complain.

Nudey Rudey (NZ free postage - think NZ$40 per nappy) - made in NZ from Christchurch so you are supporting the earthquakies. These are nice! They would just about be my pick but I don't like their method of making them smaller. I'd recommend as 1 year old onwards. www.nudeyrudey.com

Issybear (AU$32 + $8 postage) Made in China - I like these as well. They have a nifty insert system. Again - whilst better at downsizing than Nudey Rudey they are bigger nappies. www.issybearnappies.com.au/

Globugs ($22.95 + $7 postage) Made in China - These are cute, I've got the monkeys, butterflies, animals and purple. These were my favourite but they got stiff after washing (and you can't use fabric softener) I like the double leg gusset guard. A smaller nappy. www.globugsbamboo.com.au/index.php

Organic Bugalugs (on clearance for $12! + $7 postage) Made in China. These are from the same guys as Globugs. The fabric is 'floppier' but feels scratchier. Not the biggest fan but they do the job http://organicbugalugs.com.au/shop/index.php?act=viewCat& ;catId=53

I got extra Globugs inserts for the Hong Kong ones.

Washing is an interesting exercise until you work out the MoJo of your washing machine- don't use too much detergent!!!

As you can see there is a huge variance on price! Longevity the Hong Kong ones are holding up well but they are supposedly 30 degree wash only and label says "replace elastic when necessary"
I wash in 40 degrees so can only blame myself if they fail early.
The more expensive ones look like they last well but I would rebuy the Hong Kong ones. Maybe do what I did and buy a few of each so you can decide. I went to the Baby show in Melbourne last November and looked at the nappy displays - there was only one brand I would have bought some (other than Issybear who were there). I did wince when pregnant people where pulling out credit cards to buy over $700 sets of some systems....

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544352 is a reply to message #2544225 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  HeidiGA  
amandadarcy wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 13:27

Completely understand EF, I was referring to the whole process of washing by hand Shocked , in the washing machine, drying time etc partiularly if you don't have a dryer on hand.
But as I said, I didn't have someone else to assist me so Bella's sleeping time was mine also which ruled out cloth until she was in a routine.

All personal preference, next time around I'm definately considering cloth.

Ick - no washing by hand (well I don't)
No dryer either as you would ruin the PUL lining.

Hope your bubs gets into a routine soon! Nod Time to yourself is a luxury!

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544355 is a reply to message #2544158 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  HeidiGA  
Hacker wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 12:22

HeidiGA wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 12:09

Sounds like a good deal!!

I was thinking it could go towards a Friesian Laughing

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544381 is a reply to message #2544041 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  rachb  
Completely Insane
EloueraFarm wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 09:53

amandadarcy wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 08:34

AD - im not personally attacking you.. but the entire "time" it takes me to wash a load of nappies is under 5 minutes, which includes poo removal..

Thats less time than driving to the supermarket, buying them, opening the packet, and putting them in something Laughing

RE: How many you need - how big is your bubs already?

There are many different types, and it depends on what you prefer.

www.ecocubs.com.au have a "lending library" so for a very small fee, you can try out a range of nappies prior to purchasing, and you can see how you feel about them.. how you like the cloth, and which ones suit your bubs!

ETA _ we are rocking some serious teething acid bum rash atm, so we are using disposables so i can slather the sudocreme on!

Landslide - good luck girl! Wont be much longer Smile

im due in june but just been talking to a few mums and everyone says something differant and then theres so many brands of cloth and disposable

index.php?t=getfile&id=428759&private=0
No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544397 is a reply to message #2544304 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Hacker  
Call_Me_Crock wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 14:14

Hacker wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 13:22

Very boring arent they! I had work christmas party, family gatherings for christmas and new years and had to think of every excuse under the sun to not drink without someone being suss hahaha I hid it very well though and my boss was very shocked when i told her yesterday... i can understand her shock though as 4 out of 6 in our department are either pregnant or on maternity leave Shocked Laughing Laughing

6 Shocked That is great support-wise for you though, not so good for your bosses Razz

I spilled the beans over Xmas to my family, we thought we were 10 weeks at the time, but were actually 12 Embarassed so had the ultrasound and blood test just before so we knew everything was ok Smile

HeidiGA, I like your second option a lot better Cool
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2544462 is a reply to message #2544397 ] Fri, 20 January 2012 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  HeidiGA  
Hacker wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 15:47

HeidiGA, I like your second option a lot better Cool

Rolls Eyes Wish I was married to you - OH doesn't agree Laughing
Laughing

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2545104 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Sat, 21 January 2012 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  EloueraFarm  
Completely Insane
RE: hand washing - all you hand wash is after you have squirted the poop off, you use a brush (like a dish washing brush), and scrub off any left over poop, then dry pail..
So for those who think they have to hand wash nappies dont even go there.. you dont Laughing

RE: brands - im not a china cheapies fan - but each to their own..

For me, we use Itti bitti, baby beehinds, issy bear and bubblebubs.. bubblebubs is owned by a friend so i know the quality im getting, and im supporting a fellow australian mumma!

CONGRATULATIONS to the new mummas joining our group Very Happy

i still havnt popped yet Rolls Eyes
but my belly shape has changed, so im guessing bubs has engaged ?

index.php?t=getfile&id=491478&private=0

(edited to make pic smaller)

[Updated on: Sat, 21 January 2012 11:52]

www.fleyasholsteins.com
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2545490 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Sat, 21 January 2012 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Private Eye  
anyone heard how landslide is doing?

Look at all those baby bellies.............ive got a gf 1 week OD.shes cursing this baby lol
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2545948 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Sun, 22 January 2012 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  landslide  is currently offline landslide  
Level 2
Well ladies I'm a proud mum to a baby boy, born at 12.42 pm Friday via emergency c section.
Induction did not go to plan but both me and baby are doing great.
Got to hospital Wednesday night, had cervidial placed in cervix, at that stage I was 1 cm dialated, Thursday morning no change, doctor done a membrane sweep, organized to have the gel at 3 pm Thursday arvo.
Bubbys heart rate started to show signs of distress so they left me over night at 1cm. Friday morning had another internal was 2cm dialated enough that the doctor could break my waters.
Was taken to labour room where I was put on the drip to help with contractions that was at 8.30am Fri morning, was in labour with 2 min apart contractions by 11am doctor came in done another internal, I had not changed from 2cm, was rushed to theatre as bubbys heart rate started dropping, only to find out he was stuck in my pelvis. His poor head is bruised from being wedged in my pelvis and being pulled out.
Doctor has advised I will never have a natural birth due to my pelvis, which sucks because a c section after wards hurts like crazy.
Photos to come still in hospital and phone won't let me upload them. Sorry for grammer as I'm on phone.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2545967 is a reply to message #2545948 ] Sun, 22 January 2012 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

landslide wrote on Sun, 22 January 2012 08:18

Well ladies I'm a proud mum to a baby boy, born at 12.42 pm Friday via emergency c section.
Induction did not go to plan but both me and baby are doing great.
Got to hospital Wednesday night, had cervidial placed in cervix, at that stage I was 1 cm dialated, Thursday morning no change, doctor done a membrane sweep, organized to have the gel at 3 pm Thursday arvo.
Bubbys heart rate started to show signs of distress so they left me over night at 1cm. Friday morning had another internal was 2cm dialated enough that the doctor could break my waters.
Was taken to labour room where I was put on the drip to help with contractions that was at 8.30am Fri morning, was in labour with 2 min apart contractions by 11am doctor came in done another internal, I had not changed from 2cm, was rushed to theatre as bubbys heart rate started dropping, only to find out he was stuck in my pelvis. His poor head is bruised from being wedged in my pelvis and being pulled out.
Doctor has advised I will never have a natural birth due to my pelvis, which sucks because a c section after wards hurts like crazy.
Photos to come still in hospital and phone won't let me upload them. Sorry for grammer as I'm on phone.

Congratulations on your baby boy landslide, hope everything is smooth sailing from here on in. Enjoy your time with your little man, we can wait for photo's Very Happy

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2546211 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Sun, 22 January 2012 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  sambucca1  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Congrats landslide! Very Happy
at least you know about needing c-sections from now on. I hope you and your little man are doing well. Now we need a name, weight, length and most importantly pics Smile
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2546947 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Mon, 23 January 2012 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  polocrossebabe

congratulations landslide. enjoy your little man. Very Happy

polocrosse...king of the one-horse sports.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2547310 is a reply to message #2546947 ] Mon, 23 January 2012 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  megsie86  is currently offline megsie86  
congrates landslide Smile.
And congrates hacker and call me crook..And also euloro Dear god hope ur baby gets out of u soon that looks mighty uncomfortable...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SM-Notley-Excavations/5117127 55547535

www.korunnavalleystation.webs.com

'Allegra' born 23/12/10 beautiful chestnut filly Smile
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2547972 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Mon, 23 January 2012 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  EloueraFarm  
Completely Insane

Im still here - 40 weeks tomorrow, measuring at 42.5 ..
they have given me another week, and then next monday i have an appointment to discuss induction Rolls Eyes
Not sleeping well.. and ready for it to happen Very Happy Its now the chinese new year.. lets go baby!

Landslide - congratulations on your bubba boy!! Glad his here, and in your arms..

Preg Mummas - how are you all feeling?

www.fleyasholsteins.com
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2548088 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Mon, 23 January 2012 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Private Eye  
congrats LS

we now need pics

Very Happy
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2548198 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Tue, 24 January 2012 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  landslide  is currently offline landslide  
Level 2
Sorry ladies pics are to big to post but his name is jaxon Charles 7 pound 1 49cm long and born at 12.42 pm Fri afternoon.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2548576 is a reply to message #2548198 ] Tue, 24 January 2012 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Hacker  
landslide wrote on Tue, 24 January 2012 05:37

Sorry ladies pics are to big to post but his name is jaxon Charles 7 pound 1 49cm long and born at 12.42 pm Fri afternoon.

Congratulations!!

Birth stories scare me to death. I think I am going to make it very clear drugs are totally fine by me Laughing

A workmate's partner spent 44 hours in labour over the weekend, as she wanted a natural birth (mum and bub both fine now!)
Screw that Shocked
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2548688 is a reply to message #2548576 ] Tue, 24 January 2012 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hacker wrote on Tue, 24 January 2012 11:56

Congratulations!!

Birth stories scare me to death. I think I am going to make it very clear drugs are totally fine by me Laughing

A workmate's partner spent 44 hours in labour over the weekend, as she wanted a natural birth (mum and bub both fine now!)
Screw that Shocked

You'll be fine Laura, it's not bareable at the time Laughing but the discomfort subsides and you have a beautiful little baby to occupy your time and steal your smiles Smile

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2548741 is a reply to message #2548576 ] Tue, 24 January 2012 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  EloueraFarm  
Completely Insane

Congratulations!!

Screw that Shocked

And everyone doesnt mind sharing their birth stories either Razz

Mine was great.. waters broke at 6pm, first contraction at 7:30pm, 3x 20 min contractions, a couple of 10 min ones, straight into 3mins.. by 10:45pm i was half way dilated, after 45 mins of pushing Cohan arrived in the bath at 5:16am - it felt like it flew by! I had some gas 2 - 4 ish in the morning when it was all a bit full on, but that stuff is gross Twisted Evil just makes you feel fuzzy, and the pain is still there!

Cant wait to do it all again Very Happy

www.fleyasholsteins.com
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2549230 is a reply to message #2548741 ] Tue, 24 January 2012 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Lynz  is currently offline Lynz  
EloueraFarm wrote on Tue, 24 January 2012 14:13

Congratulations!!

Screw that Shocked

And everyone doesnt mind sharing their birth stories either Razz

Mine was great.. waters broke at 6pm, first contraction at 7:30pm, 3x 20 min contractions, a couple of 10 min ones, straight into 3mins.. by 10:45pm i was half way dilated, after 45 mins of pushing Cohan arrived in the bath at 5:16am - it felt like it flew by! I had some gas 2 - 4 ish in the morning when it was all a bit full on, but that stuff is gross Twisted Evil just makes you feel fuzzy, and the pain is still there!

Cant wait to do it all again Very Happy

True Hacker Smile 9 hours with Cooper Very Happy
On a side note my "baby" is 2 next Friday Sad But NO not time for another yet! Razz

Congrats to all the new Mummies and Mum's to be Smile

Lynz x

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10771;450/st/20101028/n/Hamish/dt/14/k/c210/age.png

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2549734 is a reply to message #2549230 ] Wed, 25 January 2012 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  littlemiss  is currently offline littlemiss  
Level 1 - Advanced
Hey Guys

Can you please tell me where is the best place to buy 00000, my sister has had her baby 5 weeks prem and is tiny. I have only managed to find a few 00000.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2549809 is a reply to message #2549734 ] Wed, 25 January 2012 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  polocrossebabe

littlemiss wrote on Wed, 25 January 2012 13:07

Hey Guys

Can you please tell me where is the best place to buy 00000, my sister has had her baby 5 weeks prem and is tiny. I have only managed to find a few 00000.

target do that small. my son was also early and weighed just 2.5kg. i had to get premmie sizes from baby bunting in waurn ponds (geelng).

polocrosse...king of the one-horse sports.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2549855 is a reply to message #2549809 ] Wed, 25 January 2012 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  littlemiss  is currently offline littlemiss  
Level 1 - Advanced
polocrossebabe wrote on Wed, 25 January 2012 14:05

littlemiss wrote on Wed, 25 January 2012 13:07

Hey Guys

target do that small. my son was also early and weighed just 2.5kg. i had to get premmie sizes from baby bunting in waurn ponds (geelng).

Thank you Smile, he weighs a little bit less than your boy. I shall go check out baby bunting Smile target didn't have much we already looked.
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2549902 is a reply to message #2544342 ] Wed, 25 January 2012 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  Call_Me_Crock  
Completely Insane
HeidiGA wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 15:02

Call_Me_Crock wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 12:43

I've got the Hong Kong Nappies - 6 for $30. They are super cute but you need more than one insert per nappy so you end up buying extra inserts. (but get hemp or bamboo not extra microfibre)

Oh Ka Baby (Hong Kong) - supercute but need more inserts. These are nice but will they go the distance? I've got 3 months out of them so far and can't really complain.

Nudey Rudey (NZ free postage - think NZ$40 per nappy) - made in NZ from Christchurch so you are supporting the earthquakies. These are nice! They would just about be my pick but I don't like their method of making them smaller. I'd recommend as 1 year old onwards. www.nudeyrudey.com

Issybear (AU$32 + $8 postage) Made in China - I like these as well. They have a nifty insert system. Again - whilst better at downsizing than Nudey Rudey they are bigger nappies. www.issybearnappies.com.au/

Globugs ($22.95 + $7 postage) Made in China - These are cute, I've got the monkeys, butterflies, animals and purple. These were my favourite but they got stiff after washing (and you can't use fabric softener) I like the double leg gusset guard. A smaller nappy. www.globugsbamboo.com.au/index.php

Organic Bugalugs (on clearance for $12! + $7 postage) Made in China. These are from the same guys as Globugs. The fabric is 'floppier' but feels scratchier. Not the biggest fan but they do the job http://organicbugalugs.com.au/shop/index.php?act=viewCat& ;amp ;catId=53

I got extra Globugs inserts for the Hong Kong ones.

Washing is an interesting exercise until you work out the MoJo of your washing machine- don't use too much detergent!!!

As you can see there is a huge variance on price! Longevity the Hong Kong ones are holding up well but they are supposedly 30 degree wash only and label says "replace elastic when necessary"
I wash in 40 degrees so can only blame myself if they fail early.
The more expensive ones look like they last well but I would rebuy the Hong Kong ones. Maybe do what I did and buy a few of each so you can decide. I went to the Baby show in Melbourne last November and looked at the nappy displays - there was only one brand I would have bought some (other than Issybear who were there). I did wince when pregnant people where pulling out credit cards to buy over $700 sets of some systems....

Thanks for that, im going to give some of the cheapies a go first! I don't mind paying a small amount to give them a go and my son will use them as well anyway and he doesn't really wet at night any way so they will get plenty of use.

Trial and error for the next 6 months till my next bub is here! Very Happy

Congrats Landslide!! Can't wait to see some photo's once you have settled into your new life with bubba Smile

Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2549951 is a reply to message #1154598 ] Wed, 25 January 2012 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
  EloueraFarm  
Completely Insane

premmie clothes

kmart
baby bunting
pumpkin patch
ebay

Good luck!

Still here Rolls Eyes

www.fleyasholsteins.com
Re: Expectant Mums!!!!!!!! [message #2550268 is a reply to message #2549734 ] Wed, 25 January 2012 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
  Cadira  is currently offline Cadira  
Level 2
best and less do quite a few premmie clothes
Previous Topic:Lumbosacral instability (or disease) in dogs
Next Topic:Weird Al Yankovic's Tacky
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 30 12:58:23 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.67311 seconds

.:: Home ::.