[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Today's Messages (ON)  | Unanswered Messages (OFF)

Forum: General - On Topic
 Topic: Looking for information on a horse I sold
Re: Looking for information on a horse I sold [message #3243103 is a reply to message #3243093 ] Mon, 22 December 2014 00:09
  old chook  is currently offline old chook  
Level 4
Hi Jess , sorry - public apology to you -
Just checked all messages I have sent .The pm I sent on 22/20/14 was the first I had ever attempted -
I THINK I SENT IT TO MYSELF !!!!
If I could send a blushing icon I would !!
I think I am too old for all this new-fangled stuff.

OLD CHOOK
 Topic: Laminitis and Prydes 150 pellet
Re: Laminitis and Prydes 150 pellet [message #3243104 is a reply to message #3242868 ] Mon, 22 December 2014 00:20
  loubj  
Step away from the computer,
If your horse has had or is laminitic then keep the feed really simple. Don't feed premix of any kind. Unless you want to spend hours of analysis checking out the volumes of sugar/starch etc

Oaten chaff, with a couple of supplements is often enough.

My 16.2 Warmblood lives on pasture hay and about 2 lge scoops of chaff, a cup of copra and Mag Chl. She is not laminitic, but this is what they feed at the rehab centre for laminitc horses and ponies, so I figure that if she is maintaining weight and has a healthy coat and enough energy for the work then that is all I need to feed.

Topic: Saddle help?
Re: Saddle help? [message #3243105 is a reply to message #3243087 ] Mon, 22 December 2014 00:32
  jazir1787  
Out of my way, I am in the midst of a hoo haa monologue
Both of them are older models, the wintec is at least 10 years old and the caprilli is also an older model, not sure how old as I got it pre-owned, but I'd hazard a guess at least 5 years

Both in top condition and appear to sit quite nicely. they get tight once the girth is done up and by the time you put a rider on it's obvious there's quite a bit of pressure.

The weird thing is the wintec had a black gullet, and the caprilli had a red, i tried both today and they both fit about the same. I want to try swapping out the one in the caprilli and see if i can make it work but if i can't I'm going to have to look into different saddles.

~ My treasures do not clink together and glitter...
...they gleam in the sun and neigh in the night ~

RIP Jazzy <3
Re: Saddle help? [message #3243106 is a reply to message #3243086 ] Mon, 22 December 2014 00:36
  Reggie  is currently offline Reggie  
Level 4
The Bates/Wintec are made on cheap plastic trees which is why you are having problems. The plastic eventually stretches, cracks or warps. Shocked Evil or Very Mad

You will need to go to something that has a decent quality tree. Depends on what you are looking for budget, etc. You can't go wrong with Stubben, are excellent quality and will last a lifetime.
I used to use an Edelweis jumping saddle on my old arab, fitted him and every other horse after him perfectly, no changable gullet required Smile
 Topic: canter mane and tail conditioner
Re: canter mane and tail conditioner [message #3243107 is a reply to message #3242975 ] Mon, 22 December 2014 00:58
  martina  is currently offline martina  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
Cowboy Magic - MAGIC Razz

Visit The City Barn

index.php?t=getfile&id=468031&private=0

Forum: General - Off Topic
 Topic: On line shoe shops?
Re: On line shoe shops? [message #3243108 is a reply to message #3243073 ] Mon, 22 December 2014 00:59
  martina  is currently offline martina  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
Interesting - Anyone know a place in or around Melbourne, where I can buy my fave brand of shoes:
Paul Green ?! Thanks
Cheers MARTINA

Visit The City Barn

index.php?t=getfile&id=468031&private=0

Current Time: Mon Dec 22 01:21:08 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01431 seconds

.:: Home ::.