[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Today's Messages (ON)  | Unanswered Messages (OFF)

Forum: Events for the Calendar
 Topic: Baroque Horse Festival
Re: Baroque Horse Festival [message #3227633 is a reply to message #3220459 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 09:22
  susieq  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
Any photos from the festival?

I can pick em but I can't ride em
Forum: Advertising - Commercial
 Topic: Agistment wanted - within 30 mins from Narre Warren
Re: Agistment wanted - within 30 mins from Narre Warren [message #3227636 is a reply to message #3226488 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 09:37
  CeeJay  is currently offline CeeJay  
Level 1 - Advanced
Bump

Behind every good horse is a human... picking up the poo.

www.OMalleyJumps.com
 Topic: Horse Party
Horse Party [message #3227637] Sun, 26 October 2014 09:38
  superhorse  
Level 3
Presented by Dressage selections and The Horsey life a party on the 1st November! Products include the latest and more from Horseware, Groomers, and ACS Equine
Come along and enjoy an afternoon of all things horsey! We have got you and your horse covered!
Time: 3.00pm to 6pm At Lynvale -199 Pearcedale Rd, Pearcedale.
 Topic: ACS EQUINE PRODUCTS
ACS EQUINE PRODUCTS [message #3227640] Sun, 26 October 2014 09:46
  superhorse  
Level 3
IF you want to improve your horse and improve your optimum performance these products are for you!
All 100% natural and half the cost of expensive supplements.
I can help with digestive problems, ulcers, poor doers.
Call me for more details and a free assessment of how you can improve your horses well being.

0417 030017

A range of products are on offer everything you could need!
Testimonials from Vets and professionals in the industry please visit the web site for further details.

www.acsequine.com.au

I also have a range of Horseware (Rambo, Rhino, Amigo Products) Groomers shampoos range and more!

Available for a "party" at your property or home! Benefits for hostess etc!!
Forum: Dressage
 Topic: HRCAV & PC
HRCAV & PC [message #3227664] Sun, 26 October 2014 11:30
  mingary  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
Can someone tell me if their are any lateral movements in level 1 dressage pc or hrcav?

I had quick look at some pc level 1 tests I didn't see any lateral but just want to double check
Forum: Breeds
 Topic: Arabians - Crabbet and otherwise
Re: Arabians - Crabbet and otherwise [message #3227622 is a reply to message #350 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 08:39
  cheveauxpark  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
A wee brag for Kat...
Kat and her 2yo big baby girl Franken foal...
thats gonna be one nik name hard to loose...lol!!
Franklies first show..both Kat and Frankie were wonderful.
The breeding is kats lovely clydey x Willow and CP pinto pally arab stallion Lucky(I cant help but say I'm so proud too).

index.php?t=getfile&id=606230&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=606231&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=606232&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=606233&private=0

and the pretty lil Vetty was also a STAR for Soph. Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=606234&private=0

• Attachment: 000_2457.JPG
    (Size: 56.01KB, Downloaded 13 time(s))

• Attachment: 000_2462.JPG
    (Size: 59.95KB, Downloaded 13 time(s))

• Attachment: 000_2460.JPG
    (Size: 51.14KB, Downloaded 13 time(s))

• Attachment: 000_2461.JPG
    (Size: 49.38KB, Downloaded 13 time(s))

• Attachment: 000_2463.JPG
    (Size: 50.30KB, Downloaded 10 time(s))

[Updated on: Sun, 26 October 2014 08:40]

Topic: All things Western (Western Pleasure, Cutting, Reining etc)
Re: All things Western (Western Pleasure, Cutting, Reining etc) [message #3227672 is a reply to message #3227507 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 12:15
  PCB1  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
mazz wrote on Sat, 25 October 2014 17:55

I took my yearling to his second A show last weekend at WDQHA. We had a terrific day with PCB1 as my strapper and encouraging me to enter more events than planned Very Happy We ended up with a 1st, 2x 2nd, a 3rd and 4th Very Happy he was mostly well behaved apart from walking on his hind legs a bit in Improver Hunter In Hand, oops, but was a very brave and confident pony in Yearling Led Trail where he even walked straight over the bridge.

I can't upload a photo cause I am on my phone. If anyone is interested then I can add one on Monday when I am back at work.

here he is Very Happy

index.php?t=getfile&id=606240&private=0

Forum: Junior Member's Corner
 Topic: Recent riding accomplishments?
Re: Recent riding accomplishments? [message #3227616 is a reply to message #3227386 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 07:42
  XcomeflywithmeX  is currently offline XcomeflywithmeX  
Level 1
I'm too lazy to attach any photos (Embarassed), but we have now gone up to grade 2 after pony's super performance at Werribee. Also going to start trying a few novices!

index.php?t=getfile&id=553976&private=0

http://www.youtube.com/user/XxcomeflywithmexX?feature=mhee
Re: Recent riding accomplishments? [message #3227643 is a reply to message #3227616 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 10:00
  rissa_rida  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
Nothing with my own horses, one has been stabled 24/7 for four weeks coming up Monday Sad and the rest are 3 hours away at home.

A few weeks ago I did get to have a lesson on my instructor's PreNov (well, 1* now) horse, after he heard about my horse becoming incapacitated. Just dressage (I can't jump anymore Sad ) but it was really great to get a feeling for what response he's asking me to look for when I'm riding my horses, and what feeling I have to aim for next Smile I'm very grateful to have the generous and supportive people in my life that I do.
index.php?t=getfile&id=606238&private=0
(don't mind my "my reins are too long what am I doing" position Laughing Embarassed I hadn't ridden much for about 3 months when I went and rode him, and long reins are my biggest weakness!!)

Moving home next weekend so hoping to get some work into my new OTTB, my old stockhorse, and my sister's Appy Laughing

[Updated on: Sun, 26 October 2014 10:01]

Re: Recent riding accomplishments? [message #3227675 is a reply to message #3227322 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 12:30
  myhorseisfinn  is currently offline myhorseisfinn  
Level 1 - Advanced
Well done everyone! Lots of hard work was put into all these horses to achieve these goals and they all look fabulous!

Pony and i completed our first Grade 1 with a clear xc at Werribee ! Ended up 10th coming home with a ribbon and all. Could not be prouder of my pony, we didn't think he(or myself) would ever get higher than grade 3 Very Happy but we scrape by Razz Finn also managed to get us around the PN at Candlebark, and even though i was terribly sick he took care of me.
Werribee PC HT: (pls ignore the awkwardness of us both, i gave him the worst ride possible to it) Finn lined up the 3* water after an awkward jump over the A element of the Grade 1/1* water Shocked needless to say i nearly had a heart attack and had to pull him off it. Bold horse but please no..
index.php?t=getfile&id=606241&private=0

[Updated on: Sun, 26 October 2014 12:32]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEanCOlFOfGGv56WEY1lHeA
"Red on the right, white on the left, insanity in the middle"
Forum: Advertising - Horses
 Topic: Sweet and unspoilt young wb mare
Re: Sweet and unspoilt young wb mare [message #3227623 is a reply to message #3224563 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 08:42
  Jen2  
Level 4
Bump! First to see will buy Smile
 Topic: Sweet and unspoilt young wb mare
Sweet and unspoilt young wb mare [message #3227626] Sun, 26 October 2014 08:53
  Jen2  
Level 4
For sale by breeder, lovely rising 5yo flaxen chestnut mare with lots of bling by Wie Weltmeyer (Imported Frozen Semen).

Easy to handle in every way. Welka is approximately 15.3hh (still growing) with a calm, willing and sweet nature and bold paces.

Basics established, she is ready to start serious training.

As she is still green, she would suit a rider with the ability to develop a talented but inexperienced youngster.

Karizmah Welka is presently in training with a professional rider in Cranbourne South, Victoria where she can be viewed and ridden by appointment.

Her asking price of only $13,500 is only a reflection of her inexperience not ability or potential.

index.php?t=getfile&id=606235&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=606237&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=606236&private=0

• Attachment: Welka.jpg
    (Size: 82.12KB, Downloaded 63 time(s))

• Attachment: welkaped1.jpg
    (Size: 33.72KB, Downloaded 71 time(s))

• Attachment: Welka 1.jpeg
    (Size: 97.38KB, Downloaded 71 time(s))

Topic: WTB: (or lease) 14hh - 15hh for HRCAV Dressage
WTB: (or lease) 14hh - 15hh for HRCAV Dressage [message #3227632] Sun, 26 October 2014 09:16
  old nag  is currently offline old nag  
Level 1 - Advanced
I am looking for a sensible, trainable competition mount to do HRCAV level 3 dressage with.

Would like something with a bit of substance (Sec D etc)

Needs to have been out and about competing etc.

A trainable temperament is more important that a pretty head!!!

Thanks

Rosie
 Topic: 14.1hh 3yo standy filly
Re: 14.1hh 3yo standy filly [message #3227654 is a reply to message #3225406 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 10:51
  Unfazed  
Level 4
Smile
 Topic: bay mare for lease with option to buy
Re: bay mare for lease with option to buy [message #3227659 is a reply to message #3227597 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 11:11
  lollyone  is currently offline lollyone  
Level 1
pm'd you thanks
 Topic: Attractive OTTB Bay gelding
Attractive OTTB Bay gelding [message #3227663] Sun, 26 October 2014 11:29
  Banditsmamma  is currently offline Banditsmamma  
Level 4
Harley stands at approx. 16.1 hh, 6 yo. Has been spelled from racing 18 months and is now ready to be trained for a new career. Clean straight legs, nice movement. No injuries and sound. He is a lovely boy to handle, with a sweet affectionate nature and loves his cuddles. Is up to date with worming. Easy to catch, rug and floats well. $500 ono, located just out of Morwell, Vic.
 Topic: Tb mare- project or broodmare
Tb mare- project or broodmare [message #3227684] Sun, 26 October 2014 13:05
somethingsomething  is currently offline somethingsomething  
Level 5
16.3hh 7yo dark brown
OTT almost 12 months
Started education but currently out of work
Easy catch/handle. No rear buck bolt
Is green but willing, can be lazy
Ok to jump on straight out of paddock
Been in indoor on roads

Lost interest, wasting in paddock
800ono
Near Lang Lang
Forum: General - On Topic
 Topic: When does a bolting / bucking horse win a champion??
Re: When does a bolting / bucking horse win a champion?? [message #3227614 is a reply to message #3225744 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 07:13
  Lulu  
catch88 wrote on Sat, 18 October 2014 23:06

Sorry Martina but you have no authority to call a horse lame without the qualifications and neither do I so I can't believe you until you can provide evidence.

Bullshit. That is the dumb arse statement of the year. I have sent many a lame horse out of my arena. I have no interest in WHY they are lame but I am certainly able to establish that they ARE lame. Confused
 Topic: To what age do most people insure their horse too?
Re: To what age do most people insure their horse too? [message #3227621 is a reply to message #3226967 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 08:30
  Tartini  is currently offline Tartini  
Level 1
I was thinking of this the other day. I have a 10 yr old 1* horse who is capable of going quite far. I paid very little for him as a lightly competed horse but was offered $35k when he was a pre-novice horse. I honestly have no idea of his worth (in my head he's still only worth the small amount I paid for him 2 yrs ago), but if something were to happen, I would not have the money to buy another horse like him.

I'm thinking more of loss of use, but I have no idea how that all works, who to go through, how much to insure for Etc? Is it even worthwhile?
 Topic: grazing muzzle repairs/replacement parts
Re: grazing muzzle repairs/replacement parts [message #3227627 is a reply to message #3227469 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 09:01
  storm horse  is currently offline storm horse  
Level 1 - Advanced
thanks for your replies Smile

it's been suggested i pop into Clark rubber and find a similar piece and glue it over the torn piece. the rest of the halter is in perfect condition so i'm trying to reuse it if possibe.
 Topic: HRCAV
Re: HRCAV [message #3227611 is a reply to message #3227366 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 04:54
  Mac  
sarigoosey wrote on Fri, 24 October 2014 21:37

I think HRCAV has got very competitive as poster suggested in the lower levels, but I am wondering now if with the size of the HRCAV if the body has now outgrown the points system in place hence adding to the competitiveness.

I wonder if when the HRCAV committee met many years ago and developed the current points system if they actually envisaged in the lower levels to mid levels like levels 3 & 4 that often entries / draws would be filled to the maximum of 30 riders, hard to point up on current system when only top 4 get the points, which are also split if there are equals.

As said we now have some really good judges in HRCAV who know there stuff so l think we would find scores are getting very consistent across the same level across different comps.

I do realise you can always be re-assessed at anytime to go up a level but then there is the argument if you can't get the points at your level to point up, maybe you aren't ready.

I wonder if it's now time for HRCAV to reassess their points system to go like EA where you get points for the percentage you obtain in your test, with a better quality of HRCAV judges out there now we would have consistentancy in the scores, when you get the points you go up a level.

For example is Level 4 rider came 5th in a comp in a draw of 25 competitors and they got 63.45%, let's say the person who came 4th got 63.89%, the person who comes 4th gets a point to ad to their card, 5th doesn't but they have also done a faboulous job in a field of 25, but if the scoring system said for scores between 62% to 65% rider gets a point, both those riders would continue their journey to pointing up.

Possibly opening can of worms here, but I think it's got competitive as the HRCAV probably never realised how popular the body would become & probably never thought we'd get 30 in a draw with competitive consistent judges hence I think the point system we have is slightly outdated.

I'm being very brave jumping in here, as no doubt my stalker will track me down and attack me again, but here goes .... Surprised

I am very much against the HRCAV adopting the EA points system, as it will result in combinations accumulating points far too quickly, and advancing to the next level.

The scores seen in many HRCAV dressage comps are quite high, and this will really cause problems from level 2 onwards, where we should be seeing a good foundation in the training.

Plus, the other difficulty with HRCAV dressage comps, is the use of non-trained/qualified judges who may feel a little pressured to err on the side of caution and reward a movement more generously than it deserves ......
Re: HRCAV [message #3227613 is a reply to message #3227611 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 07:10
  jovial_jup  
Step away from the computer,
The other point also is that in EA you only get points if you gain the percentage at the level above what your horse is graded at.
Translating that to HRCAV then if your horse is graded level four and you scored 64% in a level 3 test you would get the 1 point. You would get no points on your card if you scored the same in level 4. You could stay there forever if you wanted to. That's how the points system works in EA. You can win all you like and still not point out provided the level you compete is the horses graded level.

I have a high horse that I regularly get on.

Re: HRCAV [message #3227629 is a reply to message #3227366 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 09:05
  blackorlando  is currently offline blackorlando  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
sarigoosey wrote on Fri, 24 October 2014 21:37

I do realise you can always be re-assessed at anytime to go up a level but then there is the argument if you can't get the points at your level to point up, maybe you aren't ready.

As you say, you can ask to be re-assessed at any time. This is what I have always done, as I only compete a couple of times a year which is not often enough to point out of anywhere. Eg. I won my last two dressage Jackpots which were August 2013 and Feb 2014. I asked to be assessed up to the next level after that, and am still yet to compete at the new level.

I often pencil for my girlfriend who is a judge and LA, and she will always take a note of people who look like they are ready to compete at the next level and go and have a look at their cards after the class. If they look like pointing out soon she won't do anything, but if not, she will have a chat with them about if they feel they might be ready to be re-assessed up.

Topic: Big couple of days for Alchy.
Re: Big couple of days for Alchy. [message #3227628 is a reply to message #3227357 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 09:03
  RubyH  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Alchy looks great Kelmel! Well done - such a little baby face still Smile

Fat Shirley had her first dressage this weekend too - lost her sh!t at the photographer, had some rather 'explosive' lengthening and went on a rampage culminating in trampling the OH who was not impressed with the bruised foot Embarassed but redeemed herself in a lovely second test Smile gotta love youngsters! Laughing Rolls Eyes

index.php?t=getfile&id=554084&private=0
Re: Big couple of days for Alchy. [message #3227631 is a reply to message #3227357 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 09:14
  k.russell  
Completely Insane
Beautiful photos Kel. You are doing a superb job Very Happy

"Be truthful, gentle and fearless."- Gandhi
Re: Big couple of days for Alchy. [message #3227635 is a reply to message #3227357 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 09:32
  Kelmel  
Thanks so much for the lovely comments and support too guys!!

I'm under no illusion as to how special Alchy is, I'm working with at least 4 other youngsters that I've had to address other issues from balance through to leaping and plunging when they think they're getting left behind, and I'm appreciating the chance to learn from them as much as I'm appreciating Alchy being such a honey when I'm his second ever rider after his wonderful breaker and not showing up the holes in my knowledge or skill yet Smile the worst he does is jack up a little if he isn't sure what I want and I'm learning very quickly to keep him busy and not get him to a point where he feels the need to fuss!!

I do credit my other youngsters with giving me a sticky seat and better reflexes but Alchy doesn't seem to require those yet and he's the only one that hasn't had work from other people and he's the one I'm both comfortable and I'm so grateful to him!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l29/Kelmel_4884/secrets.jpg

If it's love, and we decide that it's forever - no one else could do it better.
 Topic: Cox Plate
Re: Cox Plate [message #3227619 is a reply to message #3227517 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 08:19
  Delilah  is currently offline Delilah  
Level 1
I was telling my partner about the 86 Cox plate and it still makes me cry. Watching that with my dad I was 14 mad about horses Dad and me loved going to the races and having a bet and we idolised like every kiwi Bonecrusher. What a race we watched it again on you tube and it still gives me butterflies and I cry such a wonderful memory and time from my childhood. Bonecrusher is still alive as well he is 31. Tried to find out what happened to Waverly Star but couldn't find much info. For anyone who hasn't seen it really recommend watching the video. And the race caller what a legendary call. You can even hear the emotion in his voice.
Re: Cox Plate [message #3227653 is a reply to message #3227619 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 10:47
  Bats79  is currently offline Bats79  
Delilah wrote on Sun, 26 October 2014 08:19

I was telling my partner about the 86 Cox plate and it still makes me cry. Watching that with my dad I was 14 mad about horses Dad and me loved going to the races and having a bet and we idolised like every kiwi Bonecrusher. What a race we watched it again on you tube and it still gives me butterflies and I cry such a wonderful memory and time from my childhood. Bonecrusher is still alive as well he is 31. Tried to find out what happened to Waverly Star but couldn't find much info. For anyone who hasn't seen it really recommend watching the video. And the race caller what a legendary call. You can even hear the emotion in his voice.

I watched that race on youtube just the other day too. Gee the horses looked good and the commentator referred to them as the NZ giants and I agreed.

Then I realised that youtube had stretched the video to wide screen - no wonder they look like QHs with gigantism. Twisted Evil

http://www.vgp.com.au/Writing-paper.jpg

Brokeford Holsteiners website - photos and videos http://www.brokeford.com.au
 Topic: Oops.... things horse people say...
Re: Oops.... things horse people say... [message #3227655 is a reply to message #3226944 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 10:53
  ingrid25  is currently offline ingrid25  
Level 3
I also tell my friends to 'GETUP!' Laughing
 Topic: Another NEC attempt to get your hard earned $$$
Re: Another NEC attempt to get your hard earned $$$ [message #3227678 is a reply to message #3227572 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 12:41
  blackorlando  is currently offline blackorlando  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
Wow what a great opportunity for people who are close enough to use this facility regularly!!

Our local equestrian facility has a similar 'membership" but it is about $160 A MONTH

Topic: Hygain balanced?
Re: Hygain balanced? [message #3227617 is a reply to message #3227515 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 08:06
  zzahra84  is currently offline zzahra84  
Completely Insane
Because its being updated as they have changed the ingredients recently to make it safe for metabolic issues.

I couldn't work out why my horse wasn't looking as well as he had on the same feed till I checked the bag. They have swapped the barley for lupins....

Zahra Park Fawaz (Wazzle) - TB - Chestnut
Talkin' About (Ash) - TB - Grey
Re: Hygain balanced? [message #3227630 is a reply to message #3227479 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 09:05
  Last half  is currently offline Last half  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Wasn't sure they'd changed the ingredients, don't recall Barley being in there not that it made a difference to me but a change in the analysis would have been my guess only I didn't want to guess. To keep the protein level the same I imagine the soyabean content must have come down so probably also why your horse doesn't look as well.

Wonder if they are upping the mag and adding chromium then? Have to wait and see. Their business but why wouldn't they make a seperate ration balancer for metabolic horses and non metabolic horses.

Re: Hygain balanced? [message #3227658 is a reply to message #3227630 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 11:05
  FULLTHROTTLEDASH  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
I don't think barley was ever a listed ingredient either. I doubt that they will be adding chromium as only their race feeds contain chromium.
Re: Hygain balanced? [message #3227660 is a reply to message #3227658 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 11:13
  zzahra84  is currently offline zzahra84  
Completely Insane
The Micrbarley has been replaced with Micrlupins.... I have an old bag and a new bag! Also the protein is a couple percent lower now than before. Nothing else has changed.

Zahra Park Fawaz (Wazzle) - TB - Chestnut
Talkin' About (Ash) - TB - Grey
Re: Hygain balanced? [message #3227661 is a reply to message #3227479 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 11:20
  Last half  is currently offline Last half  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Must have or the protein wouldn't be lower using lupins instead of barley. And your horse didn't do as well!

If its a serious attempt to sway the metobolic crowd to their product FTD I don't see how they can not add chromium and up the mag as they are the "buzz" minerals for that crowd.
Re: Hygain balanced? [message #3227679 is a reply to message #3227661 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 12:43
  FULLTHROTTLEDASH  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Last half wrote on Sun, 26 October 2014 11:20

Must have or the protein wouldn't be lower using lupins instead of barley. And your horse didn't do as well!

If its a serious attempt to sway the metobolic crowd to their product FTD I don't see how they can not add chromium and up the mag as they are the "buzz" minerals for that crowd.

Yes I know but they don't have chromium in their other metabolic product, zero, either. Confused
 Topic: Estimating height of unborn foal
Re: Estimating height of unborn foal [message #3227646 is a reply to message #3227594 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 10:22
  Bats79  is currently offline Bats79  
It is fair enough to say "expected" in that regard.

If I chose a stallion to breed a mare to I do have a height range in mind based on, as warrell_84 said, siblings and other horses from similar bloodlines.

If you have a fair idea of the genetics from the parent for several generations it makes a difference.

ie - you would be foolish to think that the offspring of two purebred arabians was going to be more than 4 inches either side of the parents height. That would only happen due to some anomaly. But a range of 4 inches across siblings even in pure bred stock is normal. This is possible because horses are not easy to genetically "fix". I think domestication has prevented enough inbreeding to create such fixed characteristics.

http://www.vgp.com.au/Writing-paper.jpg

Brokeford Holsteiners website - photos and videos http://www.brokeford.com.au
Re: Estimating height of unborn foal [message #3227650 is a reply to message #3227544 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 10:34
  RubyH  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
I think it's a rough estimate that the progeny will be similar to the parents - or roughly in between. Sure, there can be the curveballs. My full sister (I think Shocked ) is more than a 4inches taller than me Embarassed Laughing

index.php?t=getfile&id=554084&private=0
Re: Estimating height of unborn foal [message #3227667 is a reply to message #3227550 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 11:54
  martina  is currently offline martina  
Bats79 wrote on Sat, 25 October 2014 20:51

http://www.crystalballfoundation.com/crystal_ball_by_bagstoper.jpg

Previous one was a bit big.

Laughing Yep, this one !

Visit The City Barn

index.php?t=getfile&id=468031&private=0

Re: Estimating height of unborn foal [message #3227681 is a reply to message #3227544 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 12:50
  Adelatus  is currently offline Adelatus  
Level 1 - Advanced
In my limited experience, the height of the mare seems to be a fairly safe bet to estimate. Most have mine have ended up the same size as the mare or a little bigger, even with a smaller stallion.

Foal from 14hh mare, 15.2 stallion... end result 14hh.
Foal from 16.1 mare, 16.3 stallion... end result 16.2+ (may grow a touch more)
Foal from 15.2 mare, big stallion at least 16.2+... end result 15.3 on a tall day.
Foal from 15.1 mare, 13.2 stallion... currently over 15hh as a 2yo, should finish about 15.1-15.2.
Foal from 16hh mare, 15.2 stallion, looks like he'll go well past 16, possibly 16.2.

Life's short. Eat dessert first.
Pages (3): [1  2  3    »]

Current Time: Sun Oct 26 13:56:50 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04963 seconds
.:: Home ::.