[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Today's Messages (ON)  | Unanswered Messages (OFF)

Forum: Dressage
 Topic: Level 4
Re: Level 4 [message #3257504 is a reply to message #3257348 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 06:45
  ransom  is currently offline ransom  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
There seems to be two sets of horses in level 4. The ones who have pointed out of grade 5 and then the flash young green ones that are just being taken out for the first time. Personally, I think the latter should just wait until they can get around a grade 3 test before they take out their flash young horses and leave level 4 HRCAV to the genuine adult riders.

The HRCAV culuture a special thing, catering for riders in level 5 and 4 that would have no place to compete if there was only EA.

Last weeekend I saw the most MAGNIFICENT horse going around the grade 4 test. It was clearly young, possibly the nicest quality horse in the whole competition. May or may not have placed but I had to wonder what it was doing going around the grade 4. I honestly believe owners with quality young horses like that should just keep them home until they can get themselves around a grade 3 test. It's really not that much more difficult in terms of the track and since the intention is obviously just to expose their young horses I think it's a bit mean.

And just to note, I am not a grade 4 rider so the above post is not made through bitterness on my behalf. Just my opinion as to what the HRCAV is for.

index.php?t=getfile&id=57572&private=0
I'm Watching YOU!
Re: Level 4 [message #3257505 is a reply to message #3257504 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 07:20
  Finn  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
Exactly. There is always the two types in each level, the ones just pointed up and the ones about to point out.
Hrcav can be tricky in that aspect. I found it much easier once we hit level 2-1 because everyone seemed on a more even level.
Level 3 is supposed to be for young horses? So they shouldn't be in 4 anyway.
You should be training a level above what you compete so it isn't a big shock.
Flutterbye read the set guidelines on the website and watch a few tests. You'll soon get an understanding of what the judge is looking for in your level.
ransom wrote on Mon, 02 March 2015 06:45

There seems to be two sets of horses in level 4. The ones who have pointed out of grade 5 and then the flash young green ones that are just being taken out for the first time. Personally, I think the latter should just wait until they can get around a grade 3 test before they take out their flash young horses and leave level 4 HRCAV to the genuine adult riders.

The HRCAV culuture a special thing, catering for riders in level 5 and 4 that would have no place to compete if there was only EA.

Last weeekend I saw the most MAGNIFICENT horse going around the grade 4 test. It was clearly young, possibly the nicest quality horse in the whole competition. May or may not have placed but I had to wonder what it was doing going around the grade 4. I honestly believe owners with quality young horses like that should just keep them home until they can get themselves around a grade 3 test. It's really not that much more difficult in terms of the track and since the intention is obviously just to expose their young horses I think it's a bit mean.

And just to note, I am not a grade 4 rider so the above post is not made through bitterness on my behalf. Just my opinion as to what the HRCAV is for.

Forum: Events for the Calendar
 Topic: Won Wron ARC Inc Double Points Show
Re: Won Wron ARC Inc Double Points Show [message #3257525 is a reply to message #3252083 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 09:40
  shellbear  is currently offline shellbear  
Level 1 - Advanced
Just bumping this up Very Happy

Great grounds and very quiet venue for bringing out the youngsters Very Happy

Michelle
 Topic: Hallam Valley Pony Club Show Jumping Training Day - CANCELLED DUE TO RAIN
Re: Hallam Valley Pony Club Show Jumping Training Day - CANCELLED DUE TO RAIN [message #3257539 is a reply to message #3255867 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 10:15
  eventinghorsegal  is currently offline eventinghorsegal  
Level 1
Has this been rescheduled?
Re: Hallam Valley Pony Club Show Jumping Training Day - CANCELLED DUE TO RAIN [message #3257541 is a reply to message #3257539 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 10:18
  Llama  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
eventinghorsegal wrote on Mon, 02 March 2015 10:15

Has this been rescheduled?

We are having a meeting Tuesday night and will organise a new date for the training day then Very Happy

A setback is a setup for a comeback
Forum: Junior Member's Corner
 Topic: 2015 Videos - post your recents :D
Re: 2015 Videos - post your recents :D [message #3257566 is a reply to message #3248060 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 12:12
  myhorseisfinn  is currently offline myhorseisfinn  
Level 1 - Advanced
First eventing squad of the year! Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i7cb7mgVQc

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEanCOlFOfGGv56WEY1lHeA
"Red on the right, white on the left, insanity in the middle"
 Topic: Introduce Yourself
Re: Introduce Yourself [message #3257540 is a reply to message #3257379 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 10:15
  Teaghen  is currently offline Teaghen  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Hey, I'm Teaghen.

I'm 17 and completing year 12 VCE.
I do both PC/EA.
I event/show jump and looking into campdrafting and barrell racing.
I have a few horses; but my main one is currently "Barrington Park Saintly" who's a V8 pony, currently at grade 3 but training grade 2/1.

I usually compete often but have recently decided to take a year off, due to health reasons, year 12 and some bad luck.
I guess you have to put into perspective horses will always be there but you only have one shot of your last year.

index.php?t=getfile&id=587820&private=0
Barrington Park Saintly "Spirit"
Pentland Tess 2nd "Tess"
Wyann Texas Hold'em "Texas"
Re: Introduce Yourself [message #3257565 is a reply to message #3257379 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 12:10
  myhorseisfinn  is currently offline myhorseisfinn  
Level 1 - Advanced
Hi im Sarah,
im 16 and currently completing year 11 VCE Smile
I do a bit of everything but my main discipline is eventing. I do both EA and PC eventing at PreNov and Grade 1 on my horse called Finn (username a giveaway maybe? Laughing )

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEanCOlFOfGGv56WEY1lHeA
"Red on the right, white on the left, insanity in the middle"
Re: Introduce Yourself [message #3257568 is a reply to message #3257379 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 12:14
  Eventerforlife.  is currently offline Eventerforlife.  
Level 1 - Advanced
Hey I'm Adeline (Addy)

I'm 17 and currently completing year 12
I'm a pony club and EA eventer competing at grade 1 and 1*. I also dabble in most other english disciplines every now and then.

My main horse is RPC the Third Wise Man (Harry) who is a 21yo 16.1hh OTT Thoroughbred who has taken me from grade 2 PC to 1* in the past 3 years.

My other pony Mango is a 14.2hh QH Arab cross who has recently been handed over to my Mum for adult riders, but every now and then I steal her back for a hoon Razz

I'm also on the lookout for a young horse to eventually fill Harry's (rather large) shoes, so watch this space!

I compete 1-2 times a month in either PC or EA and spend most other weekends coaching at local clubs Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=584852&private=0
Re: Introduce Yourself [message #3257586 is a reply to message #3257379 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 13:14
  NarabriRose  is currently offline NarabriRose  
Level 1
Hi, I'm Abbey.

I am 15, in year 10.

I am blessed to have my very willing and gorgeous gelding, 'Ellenray Barwidgee' (Widge, or Ellen) who, despite his inexperience, gives everything a go. We currently compete grade 3 dressage, and in April Ellen will start his first(of hopefully many) eventing season. Smile

be a warrior, not a worrier
Forum: General - Off Topic
 Topic: Problems with downloading photos onto VicHorse
Problems with downloading photos onto VicHorse [message #3257511] Mon, 02 March 2015 07:56
Pegasus Horse Agistment  is currently offline Pegasus Horse Agistment  
Level 5
I have attempted to download some photos onto Vichorse to show our Agistment centre but cannot do so.

It keeps on responding that the file size is too large. However, I note that others have been able to upload many photos.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Elena
Re: Problems with downloading photos onto VicHorse [message #3257512 is a reply to message #3257511 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 07:59
  Lulu  
You need to resize them Smile
Re: Problems with downloading photos onto VicHorse [message #3257513 is a reply to message #3257511 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 08:01
  Rozg  is currently offline Rozg  
Level 1 - Advanced
http://vichorse.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=12915&s tart=0&

Rozg
Re: Problems with downloading photos onto VicHorse [message #3257514 is a reply to message #3257513 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 08:17
Pegasus Horse Agistment  is currently offline Pegasus Horse Agistment  
Level 5
Many thanks, I will try this.
 Topic: Oh God it Happened
Re: Oh God it Happened [message #3257506 is a reply to message #3256808 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 07:24
  Buggamundi  is currently offline Buggamundi  
Level 2
Delilah wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 10:29

Well he made it through the night and is bright as a button. He is coming home this afternoon. He is one very very lucky puppy. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and wishes. 😀😀

Our dog survived a snake bite almost 3 years ago. Since then shehas aged amazingly in her face. Her body suits her age (5) but her face looks like a very old dog. I don't know if you can do anything about it, and vet says you can't put it down to the snake bite, but I would be interested to see how your dog goes.
Re: Oh God it Happened [message #3257516 is a reply to message #3257506 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 08:25
  mlpc2  
Glad your doggie is ok Smile
Re: Oh God it Happened [message #3257530 is a reply to message #3257506 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 09:50
  Glenda  
Buggamundi wrote on Mon, 02 March 2015 07:24

Delilah wrote on Wed, 25 February 2015 10:29

Well he made it through the night and is bright as a button. He is coming home this afternoon. He is one very very lucky puppy. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and wishes. 😀😀

Our dog survived a snake bite almost 3 years ago. Since then shehas aged amazingly in her face. Her body suits her age (5) but her face looks like a very old dog. I don't know if you can do anything about it, and vet says you can't put it down to the snake bite, but I would be interested to see how your dog goes.

Ive had 2 dogs survive snake bite (1 didn't) and neither of them aged any differently to any of my other dogs who were all from the same lines....we were told by a vet with the first one that it may shorten her lifespan....well he couldn't have been more wrong, she lived to just on 15 years old and she had very little grey around her muzzle even then and she was by far the longest living rotty I've had in 30 years....and Buster who was bitten I think coming up 4 years ago and so far he seems to be ageing normally.....but who's to say it hasn't affected your dog, sure probably the odds are against it being the cause but your doggie might be the exception just like one of ours who had bone cancer.....the average time vets give is 6 months survival, our vet was gobsmacked when one of ours survived for just over 2 years from diagnosis....so you just never know
Re: Oh God it Happened [message #3257537 is a reply to message #3256667 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 10:09
  susieq  
Our little terrier was bitten twice about two years apart. The only thing we noticed after the second time was her heavy breathing. She was about 10 and 12 when bitten and lived to the ripe old age of 18.

I can pick em but I can't ride em
 Topic: Barking dog help
Re: Barking dog help [message #3257550 is a reply to message #3257149 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 11:09
  gdocker  is currently offline gdocker  
Level 1
Ask to speak with your mayor or local Councillor if you're with a ward system. And then do it again and again when nothing gets done.

Councillor ph numbers and email addresses are on our Council's website, maybe yours are, too?

I work in local government. It's likely that nothing is being done, because its' incredibly hard to pursue these things at Council officer level.

Get political. That's my advice. If the Councillor's won't listen, go to your local MP!
 Topic: Sudden death of a much loved family member-looking for some answers
Re: Sudden death of a much loved family member-looking for some answers [message #3257590 is a reply to message #3256627 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 13:22
  moama  
Level 3
Thank-you snake catcher and honey joy, she is now resting with our other dog with a beautiful purple native flower. I still tear up and its left me totally heart broken but I have decided that there will be no definite answer and it will just remain a tragedy. Thank-you all for your thoughts an answer stops the "what if's" but I know it won't bring her back.
Forum: Breeds
 Topic: Arabians - Crabbet and otherwise
Re: Arabians - Crabbet and otherwise [message #3257523 is a reply to message #3257463 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 09:34
  sophb  
Woohoo what a weekend!

Firstly I just want to say a HUGE congratulations to Jayde (langtreesecrets) on receiving Reserve Champion Show Hunter. This was a very, very well represented class and the back story in the above posts makes this win all the more deserving and inspiring!
There were a few hairy moments on a very fresh Secrets outside the ring, but superbly ridden for a fantastic result.
We had a little squeal of excitement when the announcement was made Very Happy

It was a bit intense watching the Stallions and colts as well. So many stunning horses! We were clinging on the edge of our seats but so excited with Max's win! Even more eager now for our Max x Dixxi foal in September!!
Also loved seeing Fire Alert showing up some of the younger boys! What an amazing creature he is!

Accidently had a big night Saturday and unfortunately missed Buggers class Sad But he looks beautiful in the photos, as always and hope all went well.
I didn't get there until mid morning but the non pro on Sunday had a whole different feel. Was so good to see.

The pony classes on Friday were so impressive. I was keen to see the filly classes and although I didn’t count them, I heard someone say afterwards there was 27 catalogued and 17 in the class. I think the judges would have had a hard time, spoiled with choice. They were absolutely stunning ponies, every single one.

Also, I didn’t notice Sue with Strike. I know she was prepping him to go when I picked Lady up a few weeks ago. Does anyone know if she was there or Scratched? I know she was disappointed about the stabling, would be a shame if she didn’t go. I had a look at the pony results and didn’t see him mentioned.

Anyway, all in all, I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the show! Inspired to be there next year.
Re: Arabians - Crabbet and otherwise [message #3257536 is a reply to message #350 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 10:07
  alchemist  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
According to the results Soph, Strike was reserve arabian pony stallion to Bracknell Muskateer.
That was a large class for the stallions, 11 of them off the top of my head.
Edited to add....He also won the harness. I thought he had, but had to scroll back through the results to make sure.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 March 2015 10:10]

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost
J.R.R.Tolkein
Re: Arabians - Crabbet and otherwise [message #3257538 is a reply to message #3257536 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 10:12
  sophb  
Hey, Hep Cats!! He was beaten by his grandson?
Well, would be hard to be disappointed by that but sad... kind of seems end of an era.
Re: Arabians - Crabbet and otherwise [message #3257543 is a reply to message #350 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 10:25
  alchemist  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
Yep. Kathmar Park Strikes Back, his son was top 10. Made it a family affair Laughing

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost
J.R.R.Tolkein
Re: Arabians - Crabbet and otherwise [message #3257551 is a reply to message #3257543 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 11:13
  sophb  
oh wow. Sue still must be proud of that!
I love the Bracknell ponies too.
Interestingly, 2 points diffenrence.

How good that we're able to see the score cards!
Re: Arabians - Crabbet and otherwise [message #3257553 is a reply to message #3257551 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 11:22
  jazir1787  
Out of my way, I am in the midst of a hoo haa monologue
Max looked incredible!

I have to say, my sister and I picked our Champ/Res and top five for every class, and we were on the money ALL THE TIME

Occasionally our Champ/Res pick went top five and one the top five went C/R but generally speaking, we were right about every class we watched

And I loved seeing Fire Alert in person, I had my eye on him a few years ago but I hadn't seen him move before and I hadnt seen him in person.

~ My treasures do not clink together and glitter...
...they gleam in the sun and neigh in the night ~
Re: Arabians - Crabbet and otherwise [message #3257562 is a reply to message #3257553 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 12:01
  sophb  
Max puts on a show, that's for sure! He's captivating to watch.

We were doing the same - made our picks and only time we were wrong, was we picked Fire Alert for res. Looking at the scorecard there was one point difference when they looked back over the second time... which was not unanimous. He was definitely our preference though.
 Topic: Andalusians
Re: Andalusians [message #3257606 is a reply to message #11611 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 13:55
  LaurenMichelle  is currently offline LaurenMichelle  
Level 1
Is anyone entered in the AHAA Vic show in Tatura on 14 and 15 March?

index.php?t=getfile&id=587671&private=&private=1index.php?t=getfile&id=587669&private=&private=1
BHM Black Coco ~ Spanish Warmblood ~ 30 October 2010
Forum: Advertising - Horses
 Topic: EOI Only Considering Swapping Clydie x QH
Re: EOI Only Considering Swapping Clydie x QH [message #3257521 is a reply to message #3257482 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 09:16
  dryden62  
How big is your mare?
 Topic: Gorgeous 17hh TB mare
Re: Gorgeous 17hh TB mare [message #3257524 is a reply to message #3257163 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 09:38
  JazzyGirl92  
Level 2
 Topic: Stunning Galloway!
Re: Stunning Galloway! [message #3257556 is a reply to message #3256052 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 11:28
littlebluepenguin3  is currently offline littlebluepenguin3  
Level 5
Bump
 Topic: 15hh Mare paint
Re: 15hh Mare paint [message #3257559 is a reply to message #3256366 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 11:41
SaddleUp  
Level 5
Just like to post an update for Ruby. She went to pony club yesterday and did remarkably well and is coming along very well, she is being ridden a couple of times a week now and she is doing better that ever. I have heaps of photos of her and can always send you some extra ones on her progress and I have videos too. She is truly a wonderful horse and deserves to get out and about more. Which I can't do. Please give her some consideration and come look at her.
 Topic: TB mare free lease
TB mare free lease [message #3257560] Mon, 02 March 2015 11:53
mikayla.jaye  is currently offline mikayla.jaye  
Level 5
Jazzie is a rising 11 year old mare who is up for free lease that will come with a contract. If she is leased and family/owner and me are happy, an agreement could be made for lessor to have full owner ship (note still with a contract). Jaz has not been bred with and will NOT be bred with. She has been out of work for over 8 months as she has been spelling in the paddock due to me not having time to ride her or do anything with her. An experienced rider and home is a MUST, no one under age, and a family/person who knows and understands what Thoroughbreds are like and their needs.
She is 15.1hh, good to catch, float, trim but can be a pain to worm. Jaz does have a scar on her off side neck but this does not effect her in any way. She can get 'marey' but is usually a quite horse on the ground. Has done arena work but not a lot so is green, but has done lot's of trail riding and loves it. She doesn't like to be taken away from other horses (she gets nervous) so a place where there are other horses around would be best suited as they are a herd animal.
If you sound like you and Jazzie could be life long mates please contact me on 0401820528 or email me on mikayla.jaye98@outlook.com
Located in Narbethong, VIC
 Topic: 16.1hh Quiet TB Gelding
16.1hh Quiet TB Gelding [message #3257552] Mon, 02 March 2015 11:17
  Teakafire  is currently offline Teakafire  
Level 2
"Teak A Fire"
https://www.studbook.org.au/Horse.aspx?hid=855091%7C0

Dexter is an 11 year old, 16.1hh Bay TB gelding.
I purchased Dexter off the track as a 7yo, and he has taken me from a nervous rider who was scared to canter after issues with an old horse, to a now confident rider who has no worries going for a good gallop in the paddock.

Dexter is a fuss free gentleman. Walks up to you in the paddock, easy to tack/shoe/rug. Chuck him in the float with no worries and take him to a new place and he is fine. Been to indoors with no dramas. Trail rides by himself or in a pack of horses and is usually the leader. Loves water, will happily take you for a swim in the dam. The type of horse you can leave for 3 months in the paddock, pull him out and it was like he was ridden yesterday.

Has been jumped over small jumps (only due to myself not being a jumper) but lunges over 1m+ jumps with no dramas and a nice style.

Only selling due to work commitments. Will only be sold to the best of homes !
Located in Lysterfield, VIC.
$3,500
Please Private Message me for more information/contact details

http://i58.tinypic.com/a0xlc1.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/20g1vd0.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/jhwuqe.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/20icars.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 02 March 2015 11:23]

Re: 16.1hh Quiet TB Gelding [message #3257564 is a reply to message #3257552 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 12:05
  Timeflies32  is currently offline Timeflies32  
Level 1 - Advanced
awwww no way em! Sad

can vouch for this boy though, he is such a chilled dude and is awesome to ride!!

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn166/timeflies32/vichorsecopy.jpg
 Topic: Wanted - Standardbred.
Re: Wanted - Standardbred. [message #3257575 is a reply to message #3255338 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 12:30
  Bec78  is currently offline Bec78  
Level 4
Perfect horse found. Thanks for the referral Amorrissa. Strathfield standardbreds helped me find him. Will send you pics soon!
 Topic: Stand out performance WB by Regardez Moi
Re: Stand out performance WB by Regardez Moi [message #3257580 is a reply to message #3254502 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 12:48
  MooseStar  is currently offline MooseStar  
Level 1

Bumping

MooseStar Home Page
 Topic: Standardbred forsale
Standardbred forsale [message #3257609] Mon, 02 March 2015 14:07
  danid  is currently offline danid  
Completely Insane
Advertising for a friend.

Boots is a 10 year old 16.2 bay standardbre gelding. Boots has had basic education and has the potential to do big things with the right rider/handler. Boots was sold to my beginner friend but he is not a beginners horse and needs someone with experiance both in the saddle and on the ground, as he can be a little bit dominant. Another friend of mine has worked with Boots and he responded well once she gained his respect. Boots can trot and canter perfectly fine under saddle, and has the potenitail to do pretty much anything with a bit more education, and would be the perfect project horse for anyone with more experiance as he is a nice boy. Boots health is up to date, and he is a good doer.
Boots is forsale for $800 but owner is very neg as she needs to make room for horses that will suit where she is at in her learning to ride. Boots will also be offered as a long term free lease with option to buy as well.
Located in Rosedale, victoria.
 Topic: Wanted Horse 16.2hh plus
Wanted Horse 16.2hh plus [message #3257522] Mon, 02 March 2015 09:24
  dryden62  
Im looking for a new horse, 16.2hh - 17.2hh, 3yrs + Uneducated is fine but must have a brain!!! Any breed, colour, type considered but would prefer a more solid type.

Buy, lease, loan ... will consider all options!!!

0448 915387
Re: Wanted Horse 16.2hh plus [message #3257531 is a reply to message #3257522 ] Mon, 02 March 2015 09:51
  JazzyGirl92  
Level 2
I have a solid 17hh TB mare for sale. Advertised on here. I just bumped her up.
Pages (3): [1  2  3    »]

Current Time: Mon Mar 2 14:31:59 EST 2015

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07828 seconds

.:: Home ::.