[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Today's Messages (ON)  | Unanswered Messages (OFF)

Forum: Advertising - Noncommercial
 Topic: Olympic 3HAL for sale
Re: Olympic 3HAL for sale [message #3284648 is a reply to message #3283479 ] Sat, 05 September 2015 00:04
  MooseStar  is currently offline MooseStar  
Level 1

Inspection won't disappoint!

MooseStar Home Page
Forum: Junior Member's Corner
 Topic: Your favourite Jods/Breeches
Re: Your favourite Jods/Breeches [message #3284651 is a reply to message #3284270 ] Sat, 05 September 2015 00:39
i love triton  is currently offline i love triton  
Level 5
I bought mine at a competition where there was a stall, but I can't remember what company was running the stall sorry.
If you go onto the Kerrits website I have a pair of the Flex Tight II Full Seat Riding Tight, which are a great as they are nice and stretchy and that bit thinner which is great for summer. They also have this really handy pocket on the side of your thigh, which I use for my phone. I like it because fitting a phone into a pocket at your hip, where most pockets are on gophers and breeches, can sometimes be hard and uncomfotable Smile
Forum: General - Off Topic
 Topic: Barking dog
Re: Barking dog [message #3284649 is a reply to message #3284553 ] Sat, 05 September 2015 00:17
  djrayment  
Step away from the computer,
If he can block the laundry off to the rest of the house, he can set up a Adaptil diffuser (uses the pheromone that's in the collars people have already suggested) in there, along with some of the dog's normal bedding.

He could also try a Thundershirt (they work by reducing arousal, rather than fear or anxiety as such), but they don't work for every dog so can be a bit hit and miss.

Lastly, if the dogs can eat together unsupervised (I usually don't recommend this at all just for safety's sake), or if he has them in separate areas when he leaves, then he can try training the dog to look forward to being left alone by ONLY feeding food puzzles (like stuffed Kongs, or tossing the dog's kibble all over the back yard).

Usually if the issue is the dog being over-aroused by the environment and reactive, the barking will be in spurts that coincide with things that happen in the environment around them, rather than for an extended period when the owner leaves like this dog is doing. That suggests to me that the dog is probably still really quite stressed by the move, so something like a citronella collar is far more likely to exacerbate the problem than help the dog.

If the collar/diffuser, access to the laundry, different feeding regime and Thundershirt don't work, it might be worth him chatting to his vet about short term meds to help with the transition - my guess would be that the dog just needs some time and a helping hand to settle in to the new routine though (and hopefully the warmer weather helps too!)
 Topic: Not Happy with Tuppaware
Not Happy with Tuppaware [message #3284652] Sat, 05 September 2015 07:19
  bingochick2011  is currently offline bingochick2011  
Level 1 - Advanced
Just venting my disappointment my peeler broke and they have a life time replacement warranty, no worries go on the website and they want $8 from me to post it to them so they can replace it, what it weighs maybe 50 grams you have to post it and that price covers up to 5 items !!! Tuppaware is not cheap and you think their priority would be customer service !!!

They don't have faith if they think 5 items are going to break in close succession.
I will buy a new peeler from the shops and if there is an issue I can take it back to the shop !
I wont be giving my money to tuppaware again.
Forum: General - On Topic
 Topic: Advice - float repairs
Re: Advice - float repairs [message #3284650 is a reply to message #3284596 ] Sat, 05 September 2015 00:31
  Equivarna  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
Sounds like a load of bull to me. 10mm would cause it to scrub tyres maybe, but I've seen and towed a lot worse without any impact on how it tows. I'm assuming he is removing at least one of the spring hangers to relocate it. If he can't do that without weakening the frame, he shouldn't be doing the job. What exactly is it doing?

If a man says something in the forest, and no woman is there to hear him; is he still wrong?
 Topic: Tail growth...
Re: Tail growth... [message #3284653 is a reply to message #3284472 ] Sat, 05 September 2015 08:12
  JosiieBrnz  is currently offline JosiieBrnz  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
At the stud I used to work at there was one purebred mare who had the most pathetic thin tail.
I started using MTG on it and washing/conditioning it every week, plus keeping it in a tail bag and the results were insane! Her tail grew back atleast twice as thick and much faster than it had been. Wouldn't hesitate to use it again or reccomend it.
Only downside is it doesn't smell too great but I just wore gloves. Really massage it into their dock every 2-3 days or whenever it needs a top up. Brilliant stuff

Current Time: Sat Sep 5 09:10:06 EST 2015

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01634 seconds
.:: Home ::.