[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Today's Messages (ON)  | Unanswered Messages (OFF)

Forum: Jumping
 Topic: frangable pins/ XC SJ safety
Re: frangable pins/ XC SJ safety [message #3304571 is a reply to message #3304545 ] Sun, 29 May 2016 00:48
  acacia  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
Yes, 1999 was a horrible year. It was that year that actually triggered a lot of the safety measures we have now.

This video of Montreal is doing the rounds again. Sorry, but seeing this footage does not make me want eventing to return to the "good old days". I wonder how many horses never competed again? (Be Fair was one of them).

https://youtu.be/31dlhFlgmbA

I am actually also glad that a fall is now Elimination. Can't see how continuing on after having a horse roll over you is a good decision! Shocked

Forum: Dressage
 Topic: canter lead
Re: canter lead [message #3304572 is a reply to message #3304552 ] Sun, 29 May 2016 06:03
  Finn  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
What is the trot like? If he isn't as even on both reins he won't pick up the lead as easily.
Try asking over a pole? Put a pole in the corners of the arena and ask as you are coming out. Even if you over exaggerate the aids and its ugly for now.
I have even put 4 poles out on a circle and keep asking as you are going around. Either on the lunge or under saddle.

Current Time: Sun May 29 08:04:35 EST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01197 seconds
.:: Home ::.