[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Today's Messages (ON)  | Unanswered Messages (OFF)

Forum: General - On Topic
 Topic: Crystal Cleine .. She's at it again and back in Wandin North
Re: Crystal Cleine .. She's at it again and back in Wandin North [message #3271084 is a reply to message #3271079 ] Mon, 25 May 2015 00:00
  Dusty_Girl  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
I had a farrier hit my foal with a rasp and the foal kicked out back, I told the farrier he wasn't finishing the job and he told me the pony just had a 'win' and was dirty and I was an idiot and one day that pony would hurt me. 14 years later I'm still waiting for him to kick me, but then I've never hit him with anything either.. Who's to say that maybe as crazy and far fetched as it seems his owners just take him home and sort out his soreness and calmly and kindly handle him with respect that he will never do this again. Instead of labelling him dangerous from one 20 second video clip where he was set up to fail from the start.

Not very scientific but then again neither is 'I'm right because I'm right because I know lots of stuff'.
Re: Crystal Cleine .. She's at it again and back in Wandin North [message #3271085 is a reply to message #3271084 ] Mon, 25 May 2015 00:10
  bunny b  
Dusty_Girl wrote on Mon, 25 May 2015 00:00

I had a farrier hit my foal with a rasp and the foal kicked out back, I told the farrier he wasn't finishing the job and he told me the pony just had a 'win' and was dirty and I was an idiot and one day that pony would hurt me. 14 years later I'm still waiting for him to kick me, but then I've never hit him with anything either.. Who's to say that maybe as crazy and far fetched as it seems his owners just take him home and sort out his soreness and calmly and kindly handle him with respect that he will never do this again. Instead of labelling him dangerous from one 20 second video clip where he was set up to fail from the start.

Not very scientific but then again neither is 'I'm right because I'm right because I know lots of stuff'.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Re: Crystal Cleine .. She's at it again and back in Wandin North [message #3271086 is a reply to message #3271084 ] Mon, 25 May 2015 00:18
  FULLTHROTTLEDASH  
Stark, Raving Bonkers

Well you should have let your farrier finish the job and told him to with hold the rasp. I don't understand people who never teach their horses to handle pressure Pussyfooting around them "kindly" doesn't do them any favours in the long run.
Re: Crystal Cleine .. She's at it again and back in Wandin North [message #3271087 is a reply to message #3271086 ] Mon, 25 May 2015 00:51
  Dusty_Girl  
FULLTHROTTLEDASH wrote on Mon, 25 May 2015 00:18

Well you should have let your farrier finish the job and told him to with hold the rasp. I don't understand people who never teach their horses to handle pressure Pussyfooting around them "kindly" doesn't do them any favours in the long run.

I have never pussy footed around him, the farrier lost his temper and I don't allow people to hit my horses, Nor do i hit them. I feel really sad for people (and mostly their horses) who don't think horses can be treated kindly and still be great horses. Said horse is extremely respectful on the ground, will follow me anywhere in to any situation, lunges to voice command, was taken to his first ever show and unloaded in the dark during a thunderstorm and followed me down a flooded lane way and into a dark strange stable without batting an eyelid, then went to Barastoc for his second show and stood tied to the float where the games horses were coming charging back towards him with riders yelling. I'd say he handles pressure well. He's never been 'desensitised' or chased around yards or had flags or tarps waved at him and he somehow manages to get through life.

I have other young horses here who are only treated kindly too and they are some of the best tempered, accepting and eager to learn and please horses I've met, so I'm happy that treating them kindly is working.

You're saying I didn't allow him to learn to cope with 'pressure' he isn't allowed to get away with bad behaviour but he also doesn't have to stand up and take a flogging either. Anything I teach my horses is done kindly and calmly and if a stressful situation arises they do learn to cope with it, but I don't go out of my way to create 'pressure' and stress in the name of training.

But in my book if you belt a horse with a rasp because he's struggling to balance, he can kick you back..

Current Time: Mon May 25 01:09:32 EST 2015

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01803 seconds

.:: Home ::.