[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Today's Messages (ON)  | Unanswered Messages (OFF)

Forum: General - On Topic
 Topic: Over the Chestbar - now what!!
Re: Over the Chestbar - now what!! [message #3262218 is a reply to message #3262105 ] Sun, 29 March 2015 00:06
  misglen  
Completely Insane
I was feeding my horses one morning and heard a commotion coming from the road out the front ... Went to have a look, float stopped in the middle of the road, horrible kicking and bashing noises, and girl standing there screaming for help. Ran out, the horse has tried to jump through the front window. He has then managed to somersault under the chest bar, is lying upside down on his back facing the tailgate. Kicking and thrashing in a wild panic. Trapped by the divider, with hind legs caught in chestbar.

Cut a long story short, owner was able to calm the horse enough to enable the inside of the float to be dismantled, tailgate was dropped, horse rolled over and stood up, and apart from some nasty scrapes, was unharmed.

Apparently it was the first time he had been floated by himself. It was horribly scary, I didnt want to float anywhere for ages afterwards.

[Updated on: Sun, 29 March 2015 00:07]

Forum: General - Off Topic
 Topic: Germanwings Flight Tragedy
Re: Germanwings Flight Tragedy [message #3262219 is a reply to message #3262176 ] Sun, 29 March 2015 01:04
  Last half  is currently offline Last half  
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Cameo wrote on Sat, 28 March 2015 21:00

Dusty_Girl wrote on Sat, 28 March 2015 16:21

patsy wrote on Sat, 28 March 2015 02:35

No one probably even heard of. . . . .? until now

Now he is internationally famous Rolls Eyes

He's dead, remove oxygen.

Sympathies to families who lost loved ones

I was reading an article where he allegedly told his ex that he was planning to do something that 'would change the whole system and make everyone remember his name'.. So the sick prick has gotten what he wanted unfortunately..

Twisted Evil makes me sick.

I am surprised pilots are not mentally assessed more often!?
But then again, i guess you can never be sure/ there can be other problems. I saw a crash investigation show once where one of the pilots did the same thing because he was in a lot of debt Sad

Did i read somewhere they are now changing rules to make sure 2 people are always in the cockpit at any time?
Which is the ONLY good thing about aviation disasters.. they usually always provoke quick safety changes.
(however i thought there was also an engineer - or some profession like that - in the cockpit with pilot and co pilot anyway? - maybe they were out at the time too).

Just so absolutely devastated by all affected by this Sad

Pilots are assessed regularly but mental illness in particular can be hidden easily enough, not just by pilots but the general public too as there s no definative diagnostic test just the persons responses to questions.

US airlines have mostly had a two persons in the cockpit at all times policy since 9/11 but that's not been universal around the world but as a result of this event some additional airlines have adopted the policy with immediate effect and others are considering it but it has not yet been mandated by government aviation officials but maybe.

Flight engineers have mostly gone the way off the dinosaur these days as have second officers as modern acft are designed and built for two crew operation and most airlines would only have additional crew aboard for long haul flights or for the purposes of checking flight crew but much of that is now done in the simulator.

And has been said the cockpit door has been designed to keep people out these days as that is where it was assumed that the danger lay. This, and MH370, is going to force a rethink now on just where the greatest risk is.

Current Time: Sun Mar 29 03:02:27 EST 2015

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01712 seconds
.:: Home ::.