[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Today's Messages (ON)  | Unanswered Messages (OFF)

Forum: General - On Topic
 Topic: "RIG"
Re: "RIG" [message #3227610 is a reply to message #3227606 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 00:31
  timetoride  is currently offline timetoride  
Level 1
You've got a great attitude being very responsible with ur mare. Well done. Same as above - 'yes'.
 Topic: HRCAV
Re: HRCAV [message #3227611 is a reply to message #3227366 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 04:54
  Mac  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
sarigoosey wrote on Fri, 24 October 2014 21:37

I think HRCAV has got very competitive as poster suggested in the lower levels, but I am wondering now if with the size of the HRCAV if the body has now outgrown the points system in place hence adding to the competitiveness.

I wonder if when the HRCAV committee met many years ago and developed the current points system if they actually envisaged in the lower levels to mid levels like levels 3 & 4 that often entries / draws would be filled to the maximum of 30 riders, hard to point up on current system when only top 4 get the points, which are also split if there are equals.

As said we now have some really good judges in HRCAV who know there stuff so l think we would find scores are getting very consistent across the same level across different comps.

I do realise you can always be re-assessed at anytime to go up a level but then there is the argument if you can't get the points at your level to point up, maybe you aren't ready.

I wonder if it's now time for HRCAV to reassess their points system to go like EA where you get points for the percentage you obtain in your test, with a better quality of HRCAV judges out there now we would have consistentancy in the scores, when you get the points you go up a level.

For example is Level 4 rider came 5th in a comp in a draw of 25 competitors and they got 63.45%, let's say the person who came 4th got 63.89%, the person who comes 4th gets a point to ad to their card, 5th doesn't but they have also done a faboulous job in a field of 25, but if the scoring system said for scores between 62% to 65% rider gets a point, both those riders would continue their journey to pointing up.

Possibly opening can of worms here, but I think it's got competitive as the HRCAV probably never realised how popular the body would become & probably never thought we'd get 30 in a draw with competitive consistent judges hence I think the point system we have is slightly outdated.

I'm being very brave jumping in here, as no doubt my stalker will track me down and attack me again, but here goes .... Surprised

I am very much against the HRCAV adopting the EA points system, as it will result in combinations accumulating points far too quickly, and advancing to the next level.

The scores seen in many HRCAV dressage comps are quite high, and this will really cause problems from level 2 onwards, where we should be seeing a good foundation in the training.

Plus, the other difficulty with HRCAV dressage comps, is the use of non-trained/qualified judges who may feel a little pressured to err on the side of caution and reward a movement more generously than it deserves ......

Current Time: Sun Oct 26 05:10:13 EST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02101 seconds

.:: Home ::.