[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Today's Messages (OFF)  | Unanswered Messages (ON)

Forum: General - On Topic
 Topic: Anyone bought from NeddyWear? Boots in particular?
Anyone bought from NeddyWear? Boots in particular? [message #3288499] Tue, 13 October 2015 19:52
Completely Insane
Just wondering if anyone here has bought online from NeddyWear before? How was the service/delivery? What was the quality of the products like?

Have been searching for some hot pink horse boots and found that they stock them. The thing is they are much cheaper than anywhere else i have found so if cheaper = terrible quality obviously i'm not going to muck around and skrimp with a horse's legs.

Will be emailing the store before i buy any but thought i would check here first. TIA Very Happy

the boots: http://www.neddywear.com.au/index.php?route=product/product& amp;path=109&product_id=169

Topic: Horse Arts Anzac Facebook
Horse Arts Anzac Facebook [message #3288414] Mon, 12 October 2015 22:11
  Tj.pegasus  is currently offline Tj.pegasus  
Level 1 - Advanced
My lovely Flash is on tour of the local Primary Schools as a Lighthorse pack horse. He is taking it in his stride. His favourite bit is the pats he gets at the end from the children. When the first school was finished and walked away he was wanting to follow them. He most likely thought they had forgotten to give him treats. Laughing It is so great being part of these community events that highlight the sacrifice our men and horses made in WW1.

If you want to see pics etc you can click on Visitor photos on the Horse Arts Anzac Facebook page.
 Topic: Ballarat Horse Trials Photographer???
Ballarat Horse Trials Photographer??? [message #3288294] Sun, 11 October 2015 20:08
  anfieldpark1  is currently offline anfieldpark1  
Level 2
Hi, does anyone know who the photographers were over the weekend.
 Topic: Lysterfield Lake Float Parking
Lysterfield Lake Float Parking [message #3288210] Sat, 10 October 2015 15:08
  linksys  is currently offline linksys  
Completely Insane
Is it just me or is it near impossible to get float parking at lysterfield lake anymore?
There are new no standing signs on the side of the road and a new sign that says float parking yet it is always full of cars yet they have a huge parking area themselves
I had a look down reservoir rd but it also has no standing signs Crying or Very Sad
 Topic: saddle fitter mornington peninsula
saddle fitter mornington peninsula [message #3287077] Tue, 29 September 2015 10:48
Level 4

looking for a good saddle fitter that works with western saddles in particular and shimming pads.

already have the saddle, just want to get the fit right by shimming.

on the mornington peninsula please as I can't take my horse to them and don't want to be paying for high travel costs.

thank you in advance.
 Topic: Excalibur floats?
Excalibur floats? [message #3286810] Sat, 26 September 2015 14:51
Out of my way, I am in the midst of a hoo haa monologue

Hey, just wondering if anyone has reviews on this float?

I know some brands such as the float that can't be named (the bingle special) have a bad wrap, but the boyfriends been float hunting and hasn't heard of this brand, so i thought id pop in and ask if anyone has any experience with them. cheers.
 Topic: Riding instructors Southwest region
Riding instructors Southwest region [message #3286571] Wed, 23 September 2015 16:26
  EagleWings  is currently offline EagleWings  
Level 2
Does anyone know where I can find a list of qualified, experienced instructors in the Southwest region? I am looking for someone that would be willing to travel to us in the Colac area for lessons on our own horse.
Thanks for your help!
 Topic: rainbow stock saddles
rainbow stock saddles [message #3286462] Tue, 22 September 2015 15:02
  bevie  is currently offline bevie  
Level 3
hi guys
have any of you brought one of these saddles
 Topic: Tooradin Estate Closed due to Strangles
Tooradin Estate Closed due to Strangles [message #3285724] Wed, 16 September 2015 07:19
Charlie's Angel  is currently offline Charlie's Angel  
Level 5
Hi all
I have been asked to post the following:

I have been asked by Sally Francis owner/operator of Tooradin Estate to inform all of my students, friends & horse owners that The Tooradin Estate has been put in lock down due to an out break of strangles.
Please do not go to the Estate & if you have been there in the past week please contact your Vet for advise re-treatment.
A good time for everyone to check vaccination dates.
We do ours here on the horses birthday every year so it is easy to remember. 1st of August.
Cheers Kerrie
Tooradin Equine Service

Topic: Looking for Agistment
Looking for Agistment [message #3285139] Thu, 10 September 2015 09:49
suzanneclayton  is currently offline suzanneclayton  
Level 5
Hi All, I am looking for somewhere to agist my beautiful broodmare once she is in foal. Looking November/ December time, somewhere she can be turned out in plenty of space with one or more other horses hopefully near Boneo/ Rosebud way. Must have water and shelter.
Can anyone help?
 Topic: Barn hacks creative little tips
Barn hacks creative little tips [message #3285093] Wed, 09 September 2015 19:47
  BoyDari  is currently offline BoyDari  
Level 3
http://www.proequinegrooms.com/index.php/tips/grooming/the-b est-barn-hacks-save-time-and-effort/

Just stumbled across this. It has some cool little ideas people have come up with, for around the stables. I know people have asked fortime saving tips and things in the past. Sorry if it's already been put up!

Sorry I can't make the link work properly, just have to copy paste.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 September 2015 20:05]

Topic: Campermate floats?
Campermate floats? [message #3284615] Fri, 04 September 2015 16:22
Out of my way, I am in the midst of a hoo haa monologue
Noticed one in HD, anyone have any feedback? Know anything about them?

~ My treasures do not clink together and glitter...
...they gleam in the sun and neigh in the night ~
 Topic: Want to work in the horse industry in Vanuatu?
icon6.gif  Want to work in the horse industry in Vanuatu? [message #3284533] Thu, 03 September 2015 18:07
  Ange B  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
This is not a hoax Very Happy For those who want a three month all expenses paid holiday in Vanuatu in the horse industry.... applications close today!!
http://www.abv.org.au/volunteer/upcoming-assignments/avu0101 77/
 Topic: Stallion service for sale
Stallion service for sale [message #3283796] Fri, 28 August 2015 15:06
  edensgofer  is currently offline edensgofer  
Level 4

I have one dose of frozen semen to Alegria Asombroso. I won't be using it & it's just for this 2015 breeding season only. It does not include a LFG just the semen.
I'm happy to sell this as a best offer over $300. I paid $1000 for the service last year. All transport of semen & vet costs are to be met by the buyer. Could be a very cheap foal if you want to make an offer. Check him out on www.spanishhorsestud.com. He's a lovely free moving horse, great over a warmblood mare to breed an impressive spanish warmblood which was my intention.

Topic: Wilson equestrian
Wilson equestrian [message #3283617] Thu, 27 August 2015 08:01
  Tartini  is currently offline Tartini  
Level 1
I'm looking at breeches from this online shop and I'm just wondering if anyone has dealt with them and if so, what are your thoughts on their stock? Breeches are a great price.
 Topic: Info wanted please Stable mats Surefoot Surecushion and Horsemat UK
Info wanted please Stable mats Surefoot Surecushion and Horsemat UK [message #3283488] Wed, 26 August 2015 07:33
Rhonda424  is currently offline Rhonda424  
Level 5
Hi just wanting some feed back on surecushion and Horsemat UK stable rubber.... Have narrowed it down to these two but want some info on good or bad, likes dislikes with either brand.
Also anyone know about Shore hardness in rubber, I read that it should be 60 for horses to stand on in stable but is that anything to do with cushioning or just slip. Surecushion is 70 and Horsemat is 65

[Updated on: Thu, 27 August 2015 17:43]

Topic: Win a Heath Ryan Lesson
Win a Heath Ryan Lesson [message #3282840] Thu, 20 August 2015 10:13
  carriage diva  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts

As part of the Berwick and District Dressage Club's Grassroots Initiative, a fantastic opportunity for current registered members of HRCAV clubs has become available.

In 50 words or less tell us why you think you deserve a free lesson courtesy of Berwick and District Dressage Club with Heath Ryan!
Include your current graded HRCAV riding level and the name of your club in a message straight to the Berwick and District Dressage Facebook page.

To be held at Oakwood on the 20th of October later this year. Must be available to ride at any time during the day. Good luck to everybody! To be drawn Monday 5th of October.

Topic: Carriage driving competition @ Victoria Park Inverleigh
Carriage driving competition @ Victoria Park Inverleigh [message #3282366] Sun, 16 August 2015 16:38
  JulieM  is currently offline JulieM  
Level 2
For those of you who have expressed an interest in carriage driving, you may like to spectate at the competition being held at Victoria Park Inverleigh on Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 August 2015. 10.30 am start. Should finish approximately mid afternoon. There will be driven dressage, cones courses and marathon obstacles. A bit of precision and a bit of fun. The event is being conducted by the Bellarine Harness for Pleasure Club.
 Topic: Mt cannibal reserve or akoonah park
Mt cannibal reserve or akoonah park [message #3282335] Sun, 16 August 2015 08:58
Level 2
No text

[Updated on: Sun, 16 August 2015 15:39]

Topic: Stock saddle recommendations
Stock saddle recommendations [message #3281931] Thu, 13 August 2015 11:32
Level 1
Can anyone recommend a brand/style of stock saddle suitable for a short backed galloway?
 Topic: WWC Selling Off?
WWC Selling Off? [message #3281587] Tue, 11 August 2015 12:32
Level 1

This has popped up on my news feed a few times now (couldn’t remember what groups so have taken this off his page with is set to PUBLIC).

• Attachment: what.jpg
    (Size: 20.09KB, Downloaded 554 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 11 August 2015 12:32]

Topic: EA coaching study group EOI
EA coaching study group EOI [message #3280616] Tue, 04 August 2015 14:40
EncoreEquestrianCentre  is currently offline EncoreEquestrianCentre
Level 5
Hey guys!

I'm looking into running a coaching study group. I am looking for expressions of interest of anyone who would be interested in catching up on a regular basis to work through our EA coaching qualifications whether it be the horse management, riding or coaching books.

I figure it will be alot cheaper to get a coach educator in to assess a group of us rather than us paying separately, and i have the facilities here to be able to run all the practical components.

Anyone who wants to participate can either bring their own horse or can use one of my school horses for a fee.

I dont think it would matter which certificate you are working on at the time, im just trying to figure out a way for it to become more cost effective for everyone and to provide a situation where we all may be able to assist each other.

I wont be charging a fee for this, im not looking to make money out of it, we will all just divide the cost of the coach educator services equally and pay directly to them on the days they come out.

I am personally doing my Level 1 at the moment but i dont think it would make a difference what level everyone is working on.

If you think its something you would be interested in participating in please contact me on 0433808071 or sam@encoreec.com.au.

It will be based in Dingley Village.

Sam Smile

Encore Equestrian Centre
Providing serviced agistment, riding lessons and training facilies in Dingley Village, Victoria.
 Topic: Mini horses stolen from pound
Mini horses stolen from pound [message #3279285] Tue, 28 July 2015 09:00
Stark, Raving Bonkers
http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/mini-horses-st olen-from-vic-pound/story-e6frfku9-1227459674148

Hoping the thief isn't the person who was mistreating them..... Makes you wonder about the security at the pound too...

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission
 Topic: Just saw this horse job advertised in local newspaper
Just saw this horse job advertised in local newspaper [message #3278666] Fri, 24 July 2015 14:22
  Bec78  is currently offline Bec78  
Level 3
Hi All,
Just saw this advertised in my local leader newspaper
Tour guide
We are looking for a fulltime tour guide to join our dynamic team
The position requires a competent rider with the ability to ride a horse confidently at any gait.This person will have a keen eye for safety and be confident working as a team within a high risk environment.
Ability to engage, have fun and communicate well. Coaching experience an advantage. Some availability on weekends required to work into a flexible fulltime roster.
resumes to barbara@horsebackwinerytours.com.au
 Topic: Horse Trainers
Horse Trainers [message #3278526] Thu, 23 July 2015 12:43
Level 5
Hi, I am after a horse trainer to re-start a horse in the Geelong area. I have previously taken another horse to a trainer (I won't mention names) I was unhappy with the result. Gary Bridges has been suggested has anyone had their horses there for re=education? I need someone to get on and ride and take this horse out as he becomes over excited. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
 Topic: WIN WIN WIN!!
WIN WIN WIN!! [message #3278104] Mon, 20 July 2015 13:12
  RocknHorse  is currently offline RocknHorse  
Level 2

The Victorian Endurance Riders Association are running a Raffle!

Major prize is a Horse Float!!

Second prize a Compression suit for your horse

3rd - 6th prize A beautiful fluffy Archer saddle pad!

PM me for tickets

Topic: Feed XL User
Feed XL User [message #3278023] Sun, 19 July 2015 19:45
  chillegend  is currently offline chillegend  
Stark, Raving Bonkers

just wondering if anyone is a feed xl user?
I am wanting someone to please check my mares diet for me?

Life Revolves Around Horses and Then Family!!
Gee I Love My Family!!!!!
 Topic: STOLEN FLOAT Western District Vic
STOLEN FLOAT Western District Vic [message #3277903] Sat, 18 July 2015 18:42
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
Very dear friends of mine have had their float stolen from their driveway in town in broad daylight today.

Please keep an eye out and contact Ellie OR Police with any info Sad

So horrible to think.

STOLEN Kara Kar 2HSL Float in Warrnambool today. Came home and it wasn't in the driveway. Has a big front window, black tail gate and pacing/trotter stickers on the front as well as black and grey striped stickers on the sides. Please share and let me know if you have seen anything. Rego Q30 957

https://www.facebook.com/groups/367465466697472/permalink/73 9522879491727/

[Updated on: Sat, 18 July 2015 18:43]

Topic: Wintec Pony Pad
Wintec Pony Pad [message #3276876] Fri, 10 July 2015 20:38
  CapSilver  is currently offline CapSilver  
Unstoppable, ungaggable, unzippable
Just wondering how big is to big for these pony pads?

Having issues with the godkids saddle (she just does not fit and and finds it hard to wrap her legs around the horse and yes it was fitted by a saddle fitter to both her and the pony less then 6 months ago) after a few spills I have started to think she really can't ride in it and while we wait for a different saddle fitter to come out and recommend saddles I was wondering if she could go back and use the saddle pad for the odd ride? She is not heavy only 36kg but is also but TALL which is why we are having issues with her current saddle.
 Topic: Legend Floats
Legend Floats [message #3275931] Fri, 03 July 2015 18:39
  Chandy  is currently offline Chandy  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
Has anyone got any feedback. They are looking good to me Very Happy

And does anyone have pics of theirs?
 Topic: the path of the horse
the path of the horse [message #3274851] Wed, 24 June 2015 22:00
  jezfairy  is currently offline jezfairy  
Level 3
I just watched this and have completely reconsidered the way I do things. Anybody else have an opinion on it?
WANTED IMPORTANT [message #3274523] Sun, 21 June 2015 22:06
  Jazmeaner  is currently offline Jazmeaner  
Level 3
Anyone know anyone who has or seen a Arab/Australian riding chestnut pony 13.3hh named flick , he lived in Mornington but got taken away from the girl and aparently is in pearcedale area! If anyone knows any info on him ! Please say !! We really wanna know where he is and what he's doing ! We miss him so much

• Attachment: image.jpg
    (Size: 33.95KB, Downloaded 156 time(s))

(Size: 84.98KB, Downloaded 112 time(s))

(Size: 94.85KB, Downloaded 97 time(s))

Topic: Embassy III Progeny
Embassy III Progeny [message #3274023] Tue, 16 June 2015 22:54
  Mayle  is currently offline Mayle  
Level 4
Possibly a long shot but wondering if anyone has bred to this stallion and what the progeny are like? Temperament wise & ability wise?

Looking to purchase a two year old filly by Embassy III for eventing but haven't been able to find a lot of information on his progeny.

Any feedback would be much appreciated Smile
 Topic: Lady farriers on the morningtion peninsula
Lady farriers on the morningtion peninsula [message #3273741] Sun, 14 June 2015 21:49
  shawty  is currently offline shawty  
Level 2
Hi ,

I'm looking for recommendations for a lady farrier on the morningtion peninsula?

Thanks in advance
Very Happy
 Topic: warmblood stud book
warmblood stud book [message #3273048] Tue, 09 June 2015 17:52
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
where would you start looking tom chase a pedigree of a horse who has bred warmblood foals? mares details are wrong and mare is no longer alive.

edited to say its to reg daughter'sn foal of said mare

[Updated on: Tue, 09 June 2015 17:53]

Topic: Voilamart Horses Clippers
Voilamart Horses Clippers [message #3272749] Sun, 07 June 2015 10:05
  SOLLY  is currently offline SOLLY  
Level 2
Looking to buy clippers to clip a pony. Have seen Voilamart clippers advertised for under $100. Has anyone used them? Are they good or bad?

Any feedback appreciated, thanks
 Topic: Trainers Baron or Jessica
Trainers Baron or Jessica [message #3272747] Sun, 07 June 2015 09:46
  Ponyface  is currently offline Ponyface  
Level 1 - Advanced
i have a second hand jessica that I bought they the forum about 8 months ago and it fits both of my horses well and j love riding in it. But I need another one and there is a second hand Baron for sale on here and it looks very similar to the Jessica.

Just wondering how their fit differs and weather it would be a safe bet to get one and then have it fitted by a fitter.

Topic: Kan Body Protectors
Kan Body Protectors [message #3272244] Mon, 01 June 2015 20:10
  saluka  is currently offline saluka  
Level 3
Does anyone know if there is a supplier in Australia?
 Topic: Sevens creek after hours number
icon4.gif  Sevens creek after hours number [message #3271549] Wed, 27 May 2015 18:35
Level 1 - Advanced
Can someone please pm me an after hours or mobile number for Stacy
 Topic: Kieffer Hamburg dressage saddle
Kieffer Hamburg dressage saddle [message #3271063] Sun, 24 May 2015 21:02
Stark, Raving Bonkers
Has anyone got one of these, or had one? Im after feedback as its a model I haven't been able to get my hands on to see for myself. Feel free to pm if you wish. Smile

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission
Pages (1010): [1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15    »]

Current Time: Tue Oct 13 19:56:05 EST 2015

Total time taken to generate the page: 9.06237 seconds
.:: Home ::.