[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Today's Messages (OFF)  | Unanswered Messages (ON)

Forum: General - Off Topic
 Topic: Vent. Car accidents.
Vent. Car accidents. [message #3265875] Tue, 21 April 2015 11:04
  Cameo  
Completely Insane
Car got hit 2 weeks ago. Picked it up from smash repairers yesterday and while driving it straight home it got hit again! Evil or Very Mad this one worse than last I'm nice and sore this morning.
Both due to people driving too fast and not paying attention on very wet roads. Just so annoying that people don't realise the consequences of their actions Sad
Lucky no one was seriously hurt, everyone walked away both times so I know that's the most important thing it's just frustrating.
A new policy change with my insurance that confused me meant I thought I was still automatically covered for hire car but I'm not not, so luckily 1st accident hire car was covered through other person's insurance. I was then going to buy/add the comprehensive hire car back to policy as soon as I got the car home yesterday as it was suggested to me the insurance company would be weird about it if I tried to add it while it was still at a repairer's, but obviously that was a stupid idea. Guy that just hit me doesn't have insurance and it did a lot of damage so he's going to have enough problem paying for my car so I dare say he is not going to offer to pay my hire car as well (what insurance suggested I do). So I get to fork out about a grand for one as it is a requirement for work Sad

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g185/Roxxi_Summer/cameocopy.jpg
 Topic: Bluetooth/Phone/UHF
Bluetooth/Phone/UHF [message #3265860] Tue, 21 April 2015 08:39
  Lizz  is currently offline Lizz  
Level 1 - Advanced
So on my new car (due to be picked up this week), it has a really old 40 channel UHF, and the factory fitted radio.

I am used to having my iphone connect via bluetooth for music/phone calls etc.

Considering I will eventually get an 80 channel digital UHF, and I need the radio to have iphone connectivity, is there a magical beast that does all of this in one?

Or recommendations about good quality head units that I can play music through/phone calls/radio, and the separate UHF.

Cheers
 Topic: Horse shooting false alarm
Horse shooting false alarm [message #3265219] Thu, 16 April 2015 14:51
  poss  is currently offline poss  
Level 2
POLICE have poured cold water on reports that a number of horses had been shot in the Yarra Valley earlier this month.
Other media outlets reported last week that a horse in Dixons Creek had been shot, after a Facebook post from the horse’s distressed owner.
The post, which was put online on Monday 6 April, featured numerous photos of the horse, with a wound resembling a gunshot, and the owner said they had heard of other horses being fatally shot at the same time.
Numerous follow-up posts appeared from outraged residents, calling for the shooter to be found.
But Yarra Ranges Criminal Investigation Unit Detective Sergeant Mark Smithwick told the Mail that there had been no shooter, with a vet-check confirming the horse had impaled itself.
“There’s nothing in it,” Det Sgt Smithwick said.
“A vet checked the horse and it had impaled itself on something.
“It had some sort of impaling-type wound, like a stick.”
 Topic: just for a laugh
just for a laugh [message #3264300] Fri, 10 April 2015 08:06
philm  is currently offline philm  
Level 5

http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...edia-galloping

Laughing
 Topic: Albury/ wodonga
Albury/ wodonga [message #3264210] Thu, 09 April 2015 11:28
  Mollynjosie  is currently offline Mollynjosie  
Level 1 - Advanced

for those who can't travel to echuca, were in luck a new horse & saddlery sale will start up at the wodonga exhibition centre. May 2nd starting 10 am for saddlery & 12 noon for horses.

Saw it in weekly times today 8th April if anyone wants to read about it.
 Topic: Equine Nursing!!!!!!!!!
Equine Nursing!!!!!!!!! [message #3264103] Wed, 08 April 2015 18:42
  jumper21  is currently offline jumper21  
Level 2
I need some help, im trying to find more information on equine nursing. finding it really hard to find a job in a vet clinic, as you have to already have a job before you start the course, which to me doesnt make sense.. But if there are any vet nurses out there who can help me out, tell me what i need to do to have more luck!
Thanks Smile
 Topic: Hunt for hendra on now..
Hunt for hendra on now.. [message #3253034] Fri, 06 February 2015 10:05
  Finn  
The forum drove me to drink. Remind me to thank it.
With all the hoohaa going on with EA atm I thought some maybe find it interesting. The hunt for hendra is on channel One right now.
 Topic: Echuca sale
Echuca sale [message #3252944] Thu, 05 February 2015 20:12
  Mollynjosie  is currently offline Mollynjosie  
Level 1 - Advanced

As post says interested in who bought what at the sale.
Last sale that is.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 February 2015 12:25]

Topic: Please Vote for Jack!
Please Vote for Jack! [message #3252213] Mon, 02 February 2015 11:29
  maddy.  is currently offline maddy.  
Level 1
While I personally do not know this dog or the owner, I'd love to see Jack win this PetVote competition.
I think the prize draw is up around $1,000 and if they win, the money will be donated to Staffords in Need Very Happy

Please click on the link below and vote!

http://www.petvote.com/jan15/finalists/jack-webster-brttzhc

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jack/766451816781904
 Topic: Wasn't there something about sock match?
Wasn't there something about sock match? [message #3250856] Mon, 26 January 2015 23:00
  BelleJournee  is currently offline BelleJournee  
Completely Insane
This guy has created 'thong match' for lonely thongs.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/south/karl-gautam-ma y-just-have-found-the-solution-to-thong-blowouts-this-is-hav ymatch/story-fni9llv7-1227197517850

Secondhand Saddlery- http://secondhand-saddlery.myshopify.com/
 Topic: Wrought Iron Products.
Wrought Iron Products. [message #3250709] Mon, 26 January 2015 09:03
  obsessed  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
I am after a wrought iron shoe rack for my back door.

Can anybody help me around the Cranbourne area.

Thanks

Ratbag.
 Topic: my new toy at work
icon14.gif  my new toy at work [message #3244487] Mon, 29 December 2014 17:35
  southwardkiwi  is currently offline southwardkiwi  
Level 3
i am driving this truck and trailer while the regular driver is away on holiday..alan
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa446/southwardkiwi2/IMG_0137.jpg
 Topic: Video Camera
Video Camera [message #3243754] Thu, 25 December 2014 19:16
forevereventing  is currently offline forevereventing  
Level 5
Hey everyone,

I recently got a decent video camera, not the best but a good one. It has 720 HD and 20p with 16x.

It films amazing with the sun behind me with auto scene settings, but I can not figure out how to make it look good in the shade. It looks really horrible and almost purple like in the shade.

The instructions do not mention anything about a setting that helps with shade.

I would really appreciate it.
 Topic: Mortons Neuroma
Mortons Neuroma [message #3240632] Thu, 11 December 2014 16:41
  Donski  
Level 2
I'm bed bound for 3 days after just having had my neuromas burnt off with a high frequency radio pulse.
Neuromas are terribly common apparently so does anyone out there suffer from them?
I've had mine for 10 years but only just doing something about them now. Apparently I had two and didn't even know it.
This newest procedure was recommended over surgery as it's less invasive and just as, if not more effective. Here's hoping.
 Topic: Black Beauty channel 9 now!
Black Beauty channel 9 now! [message #3239084] Sat, 06 December 2014 12:59
  gizmo  is currently offline gizmo  
Step away from the computer,
Missed some of it, but it's still on. Smile

I can't...I have horseriding
 Topic: Scotch with two drops of water
Scotch with two drops of water [message #3235895] Mon, 24 November 2014 08:11
  Gabbi  is currently offline Gabbi  
Level 1 - Advanced
A lady goes to the bar on a cruise ship and orders a Scotch with two drops of water. As the bartender gives her the drink she says,

'I'm on this cruise to celebrate my 80th birthday and it's today....'

The bartender says, 'Well, since it's your birthday, I'll buy you a drink. In fact, this one is on me.'

As the woman finishes her drink, the woman to her right says, 'I would like to buy you a drink, too.'

The old woman says, 'Thank you. Bartender, I want a Scotch with two drops of water.'

'Coming up,' says the bartender

As she finishes that drink, the man to her left says, 'I would like to buy you one, too.'

The old woman says, 'Thank you. Bartender, I want another Scotch with two drops of water.'

'Coming right up,' the bartender says.

As he gives her the drink, he says, 'Ma'am, I'm dying of curiosity. Why the Scotch with only two drops of water?'

The old woman replies, 'Sonny, when you're my age, you've learned how to hold your liquor. Holding your water, however, is a whole other issue.'

Gabbi
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

No man is a failure who has friends

Topic: Wandin Park
Wandin Park [message #3235224] Thu, 20 November 2014 21:10
  dun_n_dusted  is currently offline dun_n_dusted  
Level 3
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has jumped the grade 4 or 5 cross country course at Wandin Park?

you have any photos?
 Topic: Help me find a picture
Help me find a picture [message #3234670] Tue, 18 November 2014 22:02
  gizmo  is currently offline gizmo  
Remember that cute picture of the boy on Santa's knee reading his wishlist...

index.php?t=getfile&id=607650&private=0

Yep, you remember the one Smile
Well, I need the other one that was written and posted on the net, it's similar and just as good, but I can't find it anywhere, so I need your help please. It may have even been posted on VH last year sometime.

Cheers,
Giz

• Attachment: santa1.jpg
    (Size: 14.12KB, Downloaded 354 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 18 November 2014 22:05]

I can't...I have horseriding
 Topic: Looking for a plasterer in the Lilydale area
Looking for a plasterer in the Lilydale area [message #3234655] Tue, 18 November 2014 20:59
  Joyfyl  is currently offline Joyfyl  
Level 4
I need a plasterer to do a small job ... new cornice and the ceiling fixed

[Updated on: Tue, 18 November 2014 21:00]

Topic: Fruit Picking in The Dandenong/Yarra Valley
Fruit Picking in The Dandenong/Yarra Valley [message #3234562] Tue, 18 November 2014 16:21
  Bonnie  is currently offline Bonnie  
Completely Insane
My sister and I are currently looking for work picking fruit in the valley (Warburton and onwards towards lilydale including Hoddles Creek, Beenak, etc.) and Dandenongs (Silvan and up the mountain)

What is the recommended job - berries, cherries, etc.

Where is the 'hot spots' for it... She's tried some of parker road and only has had one interest as all others go through agencies...

Putting wanted add in non-commercial too.. (or commercial??)

[Updated on: Tue, 18 November 2014 16:44]

The word 'good' is a bad word. It is elitist. Good is blind to those who try.

My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.

Chantelle xoxo
 Topic: e3live??
e3live?? [message #3232419] Tue, 11 November 2014 21:57
  Peepaboo  is currently offline Peepaboo  
Level 1 - Advanced
Has anyone used it? Either for themselves or equine? www.e3live.com
 Topic: Riding lessons Europe.
Riding lessons Europe. [message #3231491] Sat, 08 November 2014 07:52
  caitie0  is currently offline caitie0  
Level 2
Has anyone had riding lessons preferably in Vienna or (bratislava,Budapest, but won't count on those countries), as I am currently here would like to get a lesson or go on a trial ride, something that I can get to by public transport if possible

( have tried googling it, but haven't had much luck)

[Updated on: Sat, 08 November 2014 07:52]

Topic: Marketing Co-Coordinator - Job Avail
Marketing Co-Coordinator - Job Avail [message #3231012] Thu, 06 November 2014 10:59
  Angela99  is currently offline Angela99  
Level 2
If anyone is looking for a part time marketing role, PM me and I can provide more details Smile *must have some graphics skills, excellent written and communication skills. Based in the outer suburbs and opportunity to do part time from home. Ideal for a mum getting back into work.
 Topic: Agora
Agora [message #3227686] Sun, 26 October 2014 13:20
  Delilah  is currently offline Delilah  
Level 1
Watched the movie Agora with Rachel Weiss last night on SBS had only ever seen the ending so was good to see the whole thing. Good movie about a woman way ahead of her time.
 Topic: Looking for a Shearer In Geelong area
Looking for a Shearer In Geelong area [message #3226878] Wed, 22 October 2014 21:28
ChevalLodge  is currently offline ChevalLodge  
Level 5
Looking for a shearer in the Geelong area for our 2 pet sheep.
Smile
 Topic: Found 2 dogs
Found 2 dogs [message #3226870] Wed, 22 October 2014 21:21
  Doza  is currently offline Doza  
Level 1 - Advanced
Found 2,dogs this evening. shepparton region.
 Topic: Temperature
Temperature [message #3226545] Tue, 21 October 2014 15:40
  Delilah  is currently offline Delilah  
Level 1
My thermometer says 25 but I don't believe it feels a lot hotter here or perhaps not used to the warmer days yet.
 Topic: Poopy weekends!
Poopy weekends! [message #3225791] Sun, 19 October 2014 09:24
  Angela99  is currently offline Angela99  
Level 2
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 19 October 2014 16:56]

Topic: TB Brand Search PLEASE
TB Brand Search PLEASE [message #3225778] Sun, 19 October 2014 08:01
  Pecan  
Level 3
Is anyone able to help with info on this TB Gelding please?
Thanks in advance. Razz

It is a K with a line across the top

index.php?t=getfile&id=605849&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=605850&private=0

[Updated on: Sun, 19 October 2014 08:35]

Topic: Mitsubishi Outlander
Mitsubishi Outlander [message #3225639] Sat, 18 October 2014 14:16
  Stockhorse  
Troppo. Loco. Round the twist.
Anyone got one? Have you been happy with it?

Not looking for a towing vehicle, more a family car that might tow a float on the odd occasion, with one horse. The 4x4 diesel has a 2000kg tow capacity so should cope the 1-2 times a year I tow anything.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 October 2014 14:17]

Topic: Face book
Face book [message #3224792] Tue, 14 October 2014 21:31
vic horse  is currently offline vic horse  
Level 5
Why do some grown women with teenage kids use fb like a diary, an acquaintance of mine uses it daily to tell everyone how her day is going, what she is doing, cooking for tea, how much she weighs, photos of her kids going about their daily life. She is a nice person but comes across on fb as a shallow, bragging idiot. She works, how does she have time to constantly update update arrrggh, I know I should unfriend, yep I think I will xxx
 Topic: Wedding Music/Cars/Decoration - recommendations
Wedding Music/Cars/Decoration - recommendations [message #3221578] Sat, 04 October 2014 08:54
  two_fat_ponies  

Hi,

Just thought I would try and put the good VH forum brain to use. Seeking some good wedding music (open to band/dj/jukebox) that is affordable. Will be near Ballan, Vic (between Bacchus Marsh/Geelong/Ballarat)...

Would love to hear your ideas/suggestions/recommendations including price...

Also looking for some super affordable wedding cars (otherwise will just go without) and decorations for a hall...

Shoot!

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/2236/buddyforumjm2.jpg
"Don't be afraid to go after what you want to do, and who you want to be;, but don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." ~Lane Frost~
 Topic: nudist colony
nudist colony [message #3220813] Wed, 01 October 2014 18:32
  mlpc2  
This computer will self destruct in 10 posts
Bob joins a very exclusive nudist colony. On his first day he takes off his clothes and starts wandering around. A gorgeous petite blonde walks by him and the man immediately gets an erection. The woman notices his erection, comes over to him grinning sweetly and says: "Sir, did you call for me?"
Bob replies: "No, what do you mean?"
She says: "You must be new here; let me explain. It's a rule here that if I give you an erection, it implies you called for me."
Smiling, she then leads him to the side of a pool, lies down on a towel, eagerly pulls him to her and happily lets him have his way with her.
Bob continues exploring the facilities. He enters a sauna, sits down, and farts. Within a few seconds a huge, horribly corpulent, hairy man with a firm erection lumbers out of the steam towards him. The Huge Man says: "Sir, did you call for me?"
Bob replies: "No, what do you mean?"
The Huge Man: "You must be new here; it is a rule that when you fart, it implies you called for me."
The huge man then easily spins Bob around, bends him over the bench and has his way with him. Bob rushes back to the colony office. He is greeted by the smiling naked receptionist: "May I help you?"
Bob says: "Here is your card and key back. You can keep the $500 joining fee."
Receptionist: "But Sir, you've only been here a couple of hours; you only saw a small fraction of our facilities.”
Bob replies: "Listen lady, I am 58 years old, I get a hard-on twice a month, but I fart 15 times a day!
 Topic: Major career change - between a rock and a hard place.
Major career change - between a rock and a hard place. [message #3220619] Wed, 01 October 2014 09:22
  Fozzie  is currently offline Fozzie  
Level 3
Sorry guys, yet another career question Very Happy

I'm about 2/3 through a degree with 2 years left, designed to be a total career change from what I do now. I study part time, which most of the time is good, except for the length it ends up taking! But I am chugging through it... However, as one does when change is on the horizons, every so often I get impatient, see what's out there and dream of the future opportunities.

My current job... is boring and I've no interest at all in the activities that the department does, I get given little work, so basically I spend the day waiting for something to come up. Depressing when I think of the time I've got left until the degree is over.

I want to start making the moves to get out of my current job, whether I get into something that's related to my study or not, I've no idea.

Is there anyone here who has successfully made a major career change? Have you done so before your study was complete?
 Topic: Brilliant idea!
Brilliant idea! [message #3217314] Sun, 21 September 2014 10:52
  Tiglet123  is currently offline Tiglet123  
Level 1
Dollar Shave CLub

It's either $10, $7 or $4 and you get either 5 or 4 razors per month Smile

meant for men but i use mens razors anyway! Laughing

just thought i would share because it is cheap and convienient!

if you want to sign up, click this link it will get me a free month http://au.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/index/r/z8f/2m1515/s/tx/cx /1/ Smug Laughing

[Updated on: Sun, 21 September 2014 10:53]

Topic: 'Free the frog' crowd funding for pollution research project
'Free the frog' crowd funding for pollution research project [message #3216906] Fri, 19 September 2014 12:00
  djrayment  
I have already shared this link, but couldn't find the old thread so I'm popping it up again as the deadline is getting close and Freda's project is still quite a way short of the amount needed to pay for the work.

Here's a link to a brief background on the project on La Trobe's website http://www.latrobe.edu.au/news/announcements/2014/crowd-fund ing-free-the-frog

Here's the link to the Pozible project page http://www.pozible.com/project/178150

Bit of background info on the project. Freda is an Honours student this year who approached Bert with this particular project in mind, because she loves frogs and had concerns about endocrine disrupters being used locally in pesticides due to their possible effects on aquatic wildlife.

Some screening work has shown that our local Melbourne waterways, in particular the Yarra River, contain higher levels of the particular endocrine-disrupting pesticide that Freda is working on, than those required to have significant negative effects on aquatic insects like Daphnia.

As is the case with all research, it's very hard to get funding for projects that don't have commercial support (and this type of work very rarely gets commercial support due to the nature of the work), so Bert has spent months working to get the first ever LTU crowd-funding project up and running. It's been a big undertaking, so this project is not only important for the frog research itself, but also because other researchers in the university, who also work on 'non-sexy' topics, are looking on to see whether crowd-funding is a possibility for their work too.

If everyone could please spread the word far and wide to try and get the word out to anyone interested in the effects of water pollution on wildlife, and if you are willing to donate all support is very greatfully received here in the lab.
 Topic: Looking for experienced dog owners and breeders
Looking for experienced dog owners and breeders [message #3216898] Fri, 19 September 2014 11:30
  djrayment  
Cross-posting for a friend -

"Dog owners and breeders in Melbourne, are you interested in participating in an expert panel to validate a pet dog welfare auditing system? If so, please contact Tiffani at T.Howell@latrobe.edu.au to get more information.

It will involve coming to La Trobe University, Bundoora for 3 separate meetings spaced at least 2 weeks apart, at a time that's convenient for all panel members."

Tiffani is particularly looking for breeders at the moment, so if any VH dog breeders (or trainers who have their own dogs would also be great) are interested and might be available to come to LTU for these sessions, it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks
Diana
 Topic: Meaty Bites Diet
Meaty Bites Diet [message #3214446] Wed, 10 September 2014 21:38
  Gabbi  is currently offline Gabbi  
Level 1 - Advanced
I have three dogs and I was buying a large bag of Meaty Bites at Big W, and while standing in line at the check out, the woman behind me asked if I had a dog.
On impulse, I told her than no, I was starting The Meaty Bites Diet again, although, I probably shouldn’t because I’d ended up in the hospital last time, but I had lost 20kg before I woke up in intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IV’s in both arms.
I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way it works is to load your pants pockets with Meaty Bites, and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again. I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a guy who was behind her.
Horrified, she asked if I'd ended up in the hospital in that condition because I had been poisoned ?
I told her No ! It was because I’d been sitting in the street licking my balls and a car hit me !!!
I thought one guy was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard, as he staggered out the door.
Silly woman……. Why else would I buy dog food ?!

[Updated on: Thu, 11 September 2014 19:11]

Gabbi
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

No man is a failure who has friends

Topic: ankle reconstructions
ankle reconstructions [message #3210376] Fri, 29 August 2014 22:03
  emilylavery  
Level 4
I've just had an ankle reconstruction and would love to hear your experiences on recovery especially when the pain stops being so excruciating. They found the membrane (i think thats what they called it) around my ankle joint was torn and swollen and they had to do a fair bit of work on it so it was a pretty extensive reconstruction.
How long were you in plaster for and how long until it was bearable again?
thanks
 Topic: Equine physiotherapy or massage?
Equine physiotherapy or massage? [message #3208945] Mon, 25 August 2014 19:00
  b_mm  is currently offline b_mm  
Level 4
I'm currently enrolling into getting into Physiotherapy at University but am looking at my options when it comes to applying it to equine industry. Are people still paying for Physiotherapist? Or is it better off doing a equine massage course and do human physiotherapy?

I want a mixture of the sports industry and the equine industry so thats why I feel physiotherapy is such a wonderful fit.
Pages (988): [1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15    »]

Current Time: Tue Apr 21 11:25:01 EST 2015

Total time taken to generate the page: 8.56284 seconds

.:: Home ::.