[Home]       [Forum]       [Event Calendar]       [Forum Birthdays]

Home » Vichorse Forum » General - Off Topic » Update - Thanks Guys!! What would you do?.. Has anyone done a traineeship? are they worth it?
Update - Thanks Guys!! What would you do?.. Has anyone done a traineeship? are they worth it? [message #2646408] Thu, 10 May 2012 13:16 Go to previous message
  Cameo  
Level 1 - Advanced
If i get called back for another interview i seriously have to think about whether i want this or not - its a 12 month traineeship in business administration. My alternative is stay with my current retail job (or look for other full time work) and probably get a management position, but it would be far away and i might even have to move out of home for it.

This is all before i go to uni, i took a gap year (this year) to work and figure out what i really want to do. I am thinking a business marketing or business management course (eventually) - actually is anyone doing either of these and could tell me if you like it?

But back to the traineeship.. i would hold off uni for another 6 months if it was worth it. It's close enough to me, and i'd get a cert 3 and go to tafe one day a week, otherwise work full time and not be paid much at all (but then again i wouldnt get much going to uni anyway - would get paid more in retail management, but i'd have high travel/living costs and not get a qualification out of it)
Ill be honest and hopefully not come across really vain, i went to a Selective high school, pretty much everyone went to uni and the only career paths ever really spoken of (including from careers advisor) was law, medicine, maybe engineering etc. My school didn't offer anything but A grade subjects, and we never heard about anything to do with apprentice/traineeships. I therefore know nothing about them or how highly regarded they are, if at all.

Are they worth it? I know its only a diploma, but i would go on to Uni afterwards (or go to a private college, do another diploma in management - because this one finds you a job and gives you a heap of contacts - then go to uni and finish a degree)

Pleasee help me haha Razz thankyou for reading Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 13 May 2012 10:16]

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g185/Roxxi_Summer/cameocopy.jpg

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message